PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help to make a Sorcadin

mbjerregrav
2023-04-24, 03:50 PM
Evening all.

Im trying to make a Sorcadin, i got lucky whit some rolls (18,16.16.16.10.13), so my stats are as following STR 20, DEX 16, CON 18, INT 10, WIS 13, and CHA 16 (yup im a Dwarf, not gona change that :smalltongue:)
Was thinking you go Paladin lvl 6 Vengeance and Sorcere lvl 14 Divine Soul and go GWM and max CHA and CON (not sure if im gona take Warcaster instead of +2CON)

Its in a homebrew campaign, that goes from lvl 1-20, its looks like im the tank.

So any advice or should i stick whit this build?

Lord Torath
2023-04-24, 07:12 PM
My first piece of advice is to click the small triangle with an exclamation point under your user name in your original post (this is the Report Post button) and tell the mods which edition of D&D this is for, and one of them will move it to the appropriate subforum.

Until then, any advice we give is as likely as not to be for a different edition, and therefore useless.

Best of luck!

Also: welcome to the Playground!

solidork
2023-04-24, 08:32 PM
Something you could consider is starting with Sorcerer. You'd lose out on 1 point of AC in the long run, but starting with Con save proficiency means that you don't need to spend an ASI on Warcaster/Resilient:Con. I'd understand if wearing the heaviest armor you can get your hands on is part of the fantasy, though. You've still got Medium Armor proficiency at 1 since you're a Dwarf, but getting your hands on some before the game starts would take some GM cooperation that I don't want to presuppose.

1 Sor/4 Pal - GWM/PAM/Sentinel
4 Sor/6 Pal - +2 Cha
8 Sor/6 Pal - +2 Cha
12 Sor/6 Pal - Pick up a combat feat you didn't take earlier, Lucky, Inspiring Leader, Skill Expert (+1 Wis), Resilient: Wisdom, Alert, really anything can go here

PallyBass
2023-04-30, 04:50 PM
Make use of the Shield spell to help boost the AC to avoid hits. Sorcerer paladin multiclass is not much of a tank role IMO, they shine with big smite damage and damage boosting spells like Haste, Hold Person, and the general utility of other sorcerer spells.