PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Advice for my Abyssal Bloodrager (Hell's Rebels) next level...

Talya
2023-05-01, 08:16 AM
I'm playing in a Hell's Rebels campaign, just going through Hocum's Phantasmagorium at the moment. Level 3.

I'm playing a Pitborn Tiefling Urban/Primalist Bloodrager (Abyssal Bloodline.)

Conceptually she's actually a distant descendant of a Succubus, and the DM has given me a few concessions (that I still have to pay for) that are in the plans. For instance, he reworked the no-longer-required Fiendish Heritage feat so that it instead gave me two additional tiefling racial traits (I picked Scent and DR 2/Cold Iron), which will qualify me for Fiendish Wings (Aasimar angel wings, but for tieflings) at level 9.

Racial Traits: Fiendish Resistances (5 cold/fire/elec/acid), Vestigial Wings, Maw or Claw (Bite 1d6), Fiendish Sorcery (DM ruled it applies to bloodrager casting), Darkvision

Build so far:

Str18/Dex14/Con13/Int10/Wis10/Cha16

Feats: Fiendish Heritage (above), Multiattack (useless right now, but will become quite useful later for mixed weapon/natural attack rounds.)

Planned Feats: 5- Arcane Strike, 6(bonus) - Power Attack, 7 - Cornugon Smash, 9 - Fiendish Wings, 9(Bonus) - Toughness

I'm trading out the abyssal bloodline resistances at level 8 for a couple rage powers -- looking at grabbing a gore attack through fiend totem. Other rage power TBD.

Next level - coming soon. I get spellcasting. Obviously, offensive spellcasting will never be her thing. And with the action economy being what it is, it will be many levels before I'm casting in combat. What should be my first two spell choices? Most guides suggest Enlarge Person, but I'm clearly not in need of that, i'll get it free on every rage.

I do like the idea of picking spells that fit into succubus-themed abilities...and with Urban Bloodrager I'm going to get a few bonus spells from bard soon enough, too.