PDA

View Full Version : Information gatherer

Max Caysey
2023-05-04, 09:27 AM
I’m joining a PF2 game where we start as slaves. I kind of want to try a controversial idea… being a woman of the night/ rogue type… gathering dirty secrets/ information gathering… and using well my trade to gain valuable information of all kinds.

I’m totally new to PF2 so I need help!

Im thinking either chanceling, half elf or thiefling! To gain charisma boost. I have no clue what classes are good tho!

Any suggestions would be great!

Cheers!

JeenLeen
2023-05-04, 09:34 AM
Not a direct answer, but make sure to check with the GM that this would fit the game. Most D&D/Pathfinder tends to be combat-focused and a character like this might not be fun if you find the info you gain isn't relevant or would have been found out anyhow.
I'm by no means saying it's a bad idea, but just that it needs to fit the game well.

It's been a while since I did Pathfinder, but I remember the online and legitimate free resource having a lot of alternative archetypes. I believe some of these had some cool info-gathering abilities, especially for some Rogue classes. Try googling "Pathfinder SRD" and see if you can find a good site. (I tried looking but, if I found the same site I used years ago, it's display changed a lot.)

Race-wise, yeah, something with a Charisma boost or maybe extra languages known could be handy.