PDA

View Full Version : Converting Thief Acrobat to Star Wars

MERC_1
2023-05-05, 06:46 AM
So, I have trying to come up with a good conversion of the Thief Acrobat to Star Wars SAGA eddition. As I want the PrC to fit into the SAGA system, there are a few problems to address:

A better name that fit the setting. I was thinking Combat Acrobat, but it does not feel 100%. Any Ideas?

The prerequisites are quite easily translated to the other system. It would be character level 7; trained in Acrobatics, Climb and Jump skills; Evasion talent. That talent is mpre like Improved Evasion anyway.

In SAGA characters gain a talent on all odd levels. That would be 1, 3 and 5 for this character. So some special qualities need to be converted to talents. I will need one new talent tree with at least 5 talents. The PrC will also gain access to one or two existing talent trees probably from the Scout base class.

So the talent tree will likely contain Acrobatic Charge and Defensive Roll. Skill Mastery is a bit to strong for a talent so it better remain a SQ. Slow Fall is not fitting too well into SAGA, so I'm a bit unsure about that one. Both Jump and Acrobatics can be used to reduce falling damage, so being better at those may already give something similar to Slow Fall. Not sure about the other talents. I will have to come up with at least 3 new abilities that can be chosen in the talent tree. Possibly linking one to the Feat Acrobatic Strike. Should that be a prerequisite then?

So, as this builds on Scout talent(s) in SAGA I think I need to raise the HD to 1d8.

For defences there would be a +4 to Reflex Defense and a +2 to Will Defense I think. A Scout should already have +2 to Fortitude Defense.

I may need to move Skill Mastery to 5th level to balance things out or come up with some other SQ for 5th level. As is no one will want that unless it get them some super talent. Losing another BAB is a big thing. I was looking at the Epic Climb Vertical Surface use of Tumble (Acrobatics in SAGA). Thinking of adding that to the 5th level. Unsure if that and Kip Up should need a roll in SAGA.

Any thoughts or ideas for talents and everything else are most welcome!