PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch disciple help?

morkendi
2023-05-06, 04:54 PM
So my group has been playing 3.5 since it came out. I have gotten a little tired of the “optimized” builds and have decided the last couple games to start playing things I have less experience with and crafting good back stories and such. That being said, I am doing the cloistered cleric/ warlock/ eldritch deciple. I purposely did no LA as the rest of the party has taken some higher cost templates. I figured if I survive the first few levels, the cleric side of casting should pull a little ahead of others since I only loose 1 level casting to get the warlock side going. The others have to pay off their LA templates of which the lowest is +3. My hope which seems feasible is use cleric side for debuff and divinations and such while letting the warlock side give things like flight, devil’s sight, and my damage output. There are so many feet’s that I am looking for good ideas. I don’t plan on being a front liner, so I am thinking about not going divine meta magic. World is pretty heavy in undead usually, so extra turning is being taken, but looking for some more unique options out there that fit.

Darg
2023-05-06, 06:02 PM
You lose 2 levels of casting: 1 warlock level and 1st level of eldritch disciple. You should also make use of your cleric side for damage output as well. Ice Axe + Hideous Blow + frightful blast + fearful glare + fearsome item property from DotU and in a single round you can send a creature into full panicked while dealing upwards of 27-124 damage as a touch attack for example just from a couple items and levels. No need to be full blown optimized for great synergies.

Some good feats:
Ability Focus (eldritch blast)
Maximize/empower/quicken spell-like ability
0 cost metamagic can technically be used on SLAs