PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Double-Bladed Scimitar Paladin (AL)

MisterD
2023-05-07, 11:33 AM
The topic of this thread is me asking for a list of subclasses with the least amount of bonus actions features for multi-Class options.

Looking to make a Double-bladed Scimitar character and looking to keep Bonus action free (at least after first round)

Strength based Shadar Kai Paladin at moment so can Tport then attack to reach target. Or Mark then attacks When in melee range.

Also since there are not magical Double-bladed Scimitars and I am not in Eberron, also looking to maximize damage.,

This may help https://ddb.ac/characters/99004862/Uud1OB

Mongobear
2023-05-13, 11:31 AM
Also since there are not magical Double-bladed Scimitars and I am not in Eberron, also looking to maximize damage.,

Like 80% of the magic weapons in the DMG are generic for any weapon. Plus, it's still technically a sword, and arguably also a Scimitar (Not that Scimitar of Speed does much for you, at best it turns your BA attack into a 2d4 hit vs 1d4). Any of the various "Magic Weapon (any Sword)" can easily be made a double scimitar.

EDIT - That said, if your DM is going to be a true stickler about it, then I believe Devotion's channel divinity makes their weapon magical for the duration, otherwise, you're SoL vs anything that is resistant to nonmagical attacks.

EDIT 2 - Not sure how you feel about multi-classing, but EK and BladeLock both make their bound weapons magical, so you have options. Hexblade works well too to make you solely dependant on Charisma.

Psyren
2023-05-13, 01:22 PM
And in the absolute worst-case scenario, Magic Weapon is on the Paladin list - so if you're truly up against a bunch of foes where that resistance is going to come up, you can simply make your DBS magical yourself before combat starts.

Gignere
2023-05-13, 08:18 PM
And in the absolute worst-case scenario, Magic Weapon is on the Paladin list - so if you're truly up against a bunch of foes where that resistance is going to come up, you can simply make your DBS magical yourself before combat starts.

If you have access to Fizban’s Treasury of Dragon any weapon can be made magical by being steeped in a dragon’s hoard.