PDA

View Full Version : Oots miniatures - Morland studios

Hardcore
2023-05-07, 11:39 PM
I put some minis on ebay yesterday and was wondering why there were no more listed. A quick search showed that the studio is in difficulties and may be gone.

KorvinStarmast
2023-05-09, 07:06 AM
Virtual table tops and the COVID reduction in folks reducing how often they could play in public may have had an impact on them, and some other miniature figures producers.

Hardcore
2023-05-09, 04:15 PM
Virtual table tops and the COVID reduction in folks reducing how often they could play in public may have had an impact on them, and some other miniature figures producers.

On top of the problems with the house, the insurance company and the theft, yeah it would be a quadruple whammy.

Oerkali
2023-05-09, 04:26 PM
I tried to find their store to buy a new copy of Elan (since my mini painting has improved significantly since I first got one), but it looks like it's down, yeah. I hope they'll either recover or a different company will start making OotS minis, because there are still some I wanted to get and paint.

Lord Torath
2023-05-10, 02:40 PM
On top of the problems with the house, the insurance company and the theft, yeah it would be a quadruple whammy.Wait, what? Theft? Insurance company? I must have missed those stories. Can you elaborate?

Hardcore
2023-05-12, 06:29 AM
Wait, what? Theft? Insurance company? I must have missed those stories. Can you elaborate?

There is a very long post about it on their Facebook page. Just search for Morland studios

Sir_Dr_D
2023-07-21, 05:27 PM
There site is now down. I bought minis a while ago, and a bunch of paint and started painting them. But I didn't finish them. Now I want to continue. But with the site down there is no longer painting instructions available, and I have no idea what colors to paint stuff. Is there anywhere where the instructions are still around?

Peelee
2023-07-21, 05:33 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Dead threads are also down.