PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get Primal Savagery For A Non Druid?

MarkVIIIMarc
2023-05-09, 08:49 PM
I have a Changeling Rogue / Fighter mess of a character I'd love to get Primal Savagery for. Besides another multiclass, Spell Sniper or Magic Initiate are there any new ways of getting Primal Savagery?

The chance to play it with the physical change of Primal Savagery with my Changeling is difficult to resist.

Leon
2023-05-09, 09:23 PM
Ask the DM for a Custom item that grants it

Dualight
2023-05-10, 07:39 AM
Magic Initiate is probably your best bet. Keep in mind that Spell Sniper requires you to already have the ability to cast at least one spell before you can even take it, and its benefits do not apply to primal savagery, so I'd say that Spell Sniper falls into the 'theoretically an option, but completely impractical' if all you want out of it is primal savagery.

stoutstien
2023-05-10, 07:41 AM
Sounds like good inspiration for a druidic and/or body mod focus feat.

Arkhios
2023-05-10, 07:49 AM
Don't forget that (at least) RAW, prior to the ongoing Playtest, Magic Initiate and Spell Sniper won't let you choose the spellcasting ability for the spells you learn with those feats. Therefore, the spells rely on your Wisdom, regardless of your highest preferred score, unless it's Wisdom anyway (such as Int or Cha).

P. G. Macer
2023-05-10, 08:52 AM
It’s not an option for your character specifically, and it’s still locked into Wisdom, but wood elf PCs can take the Wood Elf Magic racial feat from Xanathar’s Guide, which grants them one druid cantrip of their choice.

Mongobear
2023-05-10, 09:02 AM
I have a Changeling Rogue / Fighter mess of a character I'd love to get Primal Savagery for. Besides another multiclass, Spell Sniper or Magic Initiate are there any new ways of getting Primal Savagery?

The chance to play it with the physical change of Primal Savagery with my Changeling is difficult to resist.

Tome Warlock gets to snag any Cantrips from any list.

Talionis
2023-05-10, 09:21 PM
Use Arcane Trickster or Eldritch Knight to pick up Alter Self. It’s not some weird acid spell attack so you can extra attack with it and use your Dexterity or Strength modifier.

BlueHydra
2023-05-13, 03:38 PM
You could do ranger instead of fighter and take druidic warrior (from tasha) as your fighting style.