PDA

View Full Version : Feat For Class Features

Kesnit
2023-05-14, 06:58 PM
One of my players is sure there is a feat (with some unknown prerequisites) that allows someone to take another class's class features as a feat. She wants to use it to put Evasion on a Bard, which I don't have a problem with in theory, but need to be able to justify it.

Is there such a feat? And if so, where do I find it?

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-05-14, 07:05 PM
Well, the Loyalty's Reward feat, from the Kingdoms of Kalamar Campaign Setting, allows you to make your own feat, so that would qualify, if KoK is allowed.

Emulate Another, from the World of Warcraft Alliance Player's Guide, allows you to take a single racial trait of a creature of your choice, so if that's allowed, you can choose a racial trait (such as the psionic mind flayer's manifesting) that the critter has. It works if it's also a class feature, of which there are many.

Thurbane
2023-05-14, 07:18 PM
They might be thinking of the UA Generic Classes variant, where you purchase class features using feats. It's a very different optional system, and these "feats" are not intended to be used in regular games.

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm

quetzalcoatl5
2023-05-14, 07:59 PM
In Pathfinder 1e, variant multiclassing allows you to trade some of your feat for a handful of class features from a class, but you don't get to choose what you get (outside of the choices that the class feature offers) nor what levels the exchanges are made

Anthrowhale
2023-05-14, 09:05 PM
For Evasion in particular, you can take Shape Soulmeld[Impulse Boots] and then cast Open Least Chakra[Feet].

You can also pick up Evasion directly via Ruin Delver's Fortune, particularly if you have a method to persist it.

rel
2023-05-15, 12:52 AM
I've not heard of such a feat.
You can always homebrew, but 'pick a different classes class feature and add it to your class' seems a bit overpowered even by the standards of 3.x.

Although if the 20th level fighter could add the wizard class feature 'Spellcasting' to their class then the fighter might actually see play...

Gruftzwerg
2023-05-15, 12:55 AM
Just give him a Ring of Evasion and call it day. ^^

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-05-15, 07:17 AM
Just give him a Ring of Evasion and call it day. ^^It's just a little expensive. Just a bit. Especially for a low-to-middle level character. At high levels, it's not so bad.

But if you want to get it via both a feat and the ring, how about Ancestral Relic?

Bullet06320
2023-05-16, 04:43 AM
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?528237

maybe you can find something in the evasion index to help