PDA

View Full Version : CHA to AC

MikelaC1
2023-05-16, 01:00 PM
I know that somewhere in the rules is either a feat or a class feature for monks to get CHA to AC but I cant seem to find it. I know there is a big thread on all sorts of different stats to abilities but I cant find that either. Ascetic Mage doesnt work because the character is a paladin and not a sorcerer but I think there is another way.

Inevitability
2023-05-16, 01:08 PM
X stat to Y bonus (https://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=4369.0)

A lot of these sources are not compatible with a LG alignment (if you're a paladin of freedom, dragon compendium's battle dancer works), but you could look into the Divine Shield feat (standard action to activate, costs a turn undead attempt, adds your charisma bonus to your shield bonus for a number of minutes).

Rebel7284
2023-05-16, 02:45 PM
I will say that there are ways to get Paladins to spontaneously cast second level arcane spells. Sword of the Arcane Order is VERY good and then something like Alacritous Cogitation. Probably WAY too many hoops to jump though, but it's possible.

Menzath
2023-05-16, 04:57 PM
I would use
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus
this link instead for the x to y, the charts are in a better format imo.

The only thing I can find for monk's to change their AC bonus to be cha Dependant is the feat ascetic mage. The feat does require spontaneous casting of 2nd level spells though.

Other options would be the classes battle dancer, Mystic wanderer, risen martyr, or anything that gives you the icorporeal subtype. For feats the turning feat divine shield, combat panache.

You could combine some of these options as a few do seem to stack.

Edit: if you are a multiclass monk/paladin it may be easier to use the feat Serenity in dragon compendium. It changes most of your paladin class features to use wisdom instead.

Inevitability
2023-05-17, 01:40 AM
I would use
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus
this link instead for the x to y, the charts are in a better format imo.

The only thing I can find for monk's to change their AC bonus to be cha Dependant is the feat ascetic mage. The feat does require spontaneous casting of 2nd level spells though.

Other options would be the classes battle dancer, Mystic wanderer, risen martyr, or anything that gives you the icorporeal subtype. For feats the turning feat divine shield, combat panache.

You could combine some of these options as a few do seem to stack.

Edit: if you are a multiclass monk/paladin it may be easier to use the feat Serenity in dragon compendium. It changes most of your paladin class features to use wisdom instead.

Mystic Wanderer is nonlawful only, Battle Dancer is chaotic only. Being incorporeal usually makes you evil but becoming a ghost works.

Chronos
2023-05-17, 04:25 PM
Psion Uncarnate also makes you incorporeal with no alignment requirements, but between the prerequisite manifesting and the PrC itself, it's a long detour to get it.

H_H_F_F
2023-05-18, 07:22 AM
As others have mentioned, it's going to be a hassle on a monk/pally.

Have you considered serenity (from Dragon Compendium) instead? If you're looking for SAD, that'd do it just as well. More so, since your spells are already keyed to Wisdom.

schreier
2023-05-20, 10:40 PM
Battledancer has changed to ac and is a monk clone type

TalonOfAnathrax
2023-05-21, 01:07 PM
Assuming you're a spellcaster, you can always Persist Sirine's Grace.

H_H_F_F
2023-05-21, 01:15 PM
Assuming you're a spellcaster, you can always Persist Sirine's Grace.

I think 9 levels of druid is something they would've mentioned :tongue: