PDA

View Full Version : How would one go about capturing souls on a big scale?

Malphegor
2023-05-19, 03:57 AM
So for a while now I’ve been thinking of making a succubus character named Vega who eventually makes a stronghold city dedicated to every sin that they know of where people can freely enter and partake in every desire they wish, only to lose their souls. Basically based on the gambling sections of las vegas and how they’re portrayed in fiction.

However it occured to me… I have no idea how to actually do his mechanically. I’m not sure how to convert ‘tempt hundreds of people all at once into becoming evil’ into actual souls I can say I posess, at least on a reasonable timescale while also being an adventurer. Maybe using the business rules via moneylender and leave it all to fluff as what happens to people who don’t pay their debts and just buy the gold value of souls from my income from my business?

I can’t find much in the books: there’s sacrificial altars and such to make it quick, and it seems a soul container costs around 200gpish but a fairly high level spell to actually trap their soul in it.

I just… wanna industrialise corrupting a society to my own personal power.

Doctor Despair
2023-05-19, 05:05 AM
Fiend of Corruption prc is good for this

Tzardok
2023-05-19, 05:09 AM
This reminds me of Fiendish Codex 2 and its description of industrial corruption and soul harvesting.

Fero
2023-05-19, 11:34 AM
You could always do it the old fashioned way and tempt people to do evil deeds that lead them on a datlrk path and wait for them to die. I think you will get credit.

ViperMagnum357
2023-05-19, 04:11 PM
An insidious take would be constructing a double bluff: create your own sin city, with all the obvious trappings. Have a few very obvious and quite genuine fiends willing to sign over significant collateral in return for souls, have tons of scams and rigged games and plenty of murder and mayhem going on: what everyone is expecting, and therefore thinks they are prepared for.

In reality, build your sin city around a Deadgate constructed over a portal to a divine realm you control: an evil deity you are allied with, or even your own if you are powerful enough. No one is going to bat an eye about a high murder rate in such a place, and be much more concerned about their lives and avoiding getting robbed or signing questionable documents. In reality, you can have organized bands roving the district and steadily culling the population with no one the wiser, and every person dying within range of the Deadgate is guaranteed to get their soul sucked into the connected realm, no matter where their soul should have gone when they died.

Deadgates are minor artifacts from Dungeon #89. While you can build temporary ones to harvest souls for crafting magic items, a Deadgate built over a portal lasts indefinitely.

Doctor Despair
2023-05-19, 04:36 PM
You could always do it the old fashioned way and tempt people to do evil deeds that lead them on a datlrk path and wait for them to die. I think you will get credit.

Combine with Fiend of Corruption and you actually get to keep the souls yourself. The intended method is to trade wishes (for which you get an SLA, but actually pay the xp) for their souls (via a soul bind supernatural ability), but there's nothing stopping you from making soul bargains with people without granting wishes. Create conditions that place them in extraordinary amounts of debt, legal trouble, lethal danger, etc, and promise to solve the problem for them in exchange for the bind. You get to use it at will (although it takes an hour), so you can industrialize it to an extent and make appointments to book a full schedule of corruption.