PDA

View Full Version : Powerful/good feats for all builds

Fero
2023-06-02, 06:34 PM
I want to make a Binder. However, I do not want to build around a specific vestige or strategy. Rather, I would like to be able to switch my role in the party each day. Yo that end, I am trying to identify feats that remain powerful no matter my build. I am looking for broadly impactful feats like: Leadership, Spellfire Weilder, and Mercantile Background that always remain good. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Anthrowhale
2023-06-02, 07:05 PM
Wild Cohort provides an animal cohort from level 1. It's slightly weaker (3 levels behind) than a druid's AC, but still quite beefy at level 1 and when you can pick up a Fleshraker.

Apprentice[Spellcaster] (providing access to UMD) + Item Familiar (to maximize UMD checks) allows you to pull just about any spell off an appropriate wand/staff. Remember, that a fractionally charged item is fractionally priced.

Maat Mons
2023-06-02, 09:06 PM
Planar Touchstone? Changing which touchstone you're attuned to can be cumbersome. But you could just take Catalogues of Enlightenment (Pride domain) or Catalogues of Enlightenment (Luck domain) and never change.

Before I read the actual post, I was going to suggest Bind Vestige, Practiced Binder, and Improved Binding. I guess Improved Binding is still a valid suggestion.

Thurbane
2023-06-02, 09:11 PM
This is a decent guide: Best Feats of 3.5 (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?400603)

Inevitability
2023-06-03, 06:40 AM
Well, if you want to be a binder, can't go wrong with Improved Binding.

If versatility is so important to you, Expel Vestige might also be worth taking.

The Silver Tongue feat lets you use Diplomacy to buff people, solve social encounters even more than it already can, and debuff enemies in battle, so depending on your investment in the skill it might be worth it.