PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Homebrew Gish - Magus

Nelyo
2023-06-04, 06:44 PM
Hi there. First of all, welcome, and thanks for reading ^_^. This is going to be my first time posting 5e content, so please be honest, but gentle, if you can. Suggestions are appreciated! I'm always trying to improve.

The purpose of this homebrew content is to create, in my estimation, a fun gish. I've enjoyed playing Eldritch Knights and Bladesingers, but they've always fallen short for me. One is essentially a wizard that can do melee every now and again, while the other is a fighter that can do magic tricks (Mostly to keep itself alive). This class' aim is to blend the two, warrior and mage, together seamlessly from the get-go.

In 4E terms, this is mostly a striker, intended to be a toned-down version of the 5e paladin, except on the arcane side instead of divine - though it's very possible I may have missed the mark XD. Trial and error, my friends. It is limited to 4 schools of magic, and gains one spell known from any school of magic at certain levels, similar to the way EK is limited to two schools of magic.

The subclasses all aim to fill a niche in some small way: Champion (Defender), Elementalist (Controller), Slayer (Striker+), and Tactician (Leader).

One side note and thing I aimed to do was to make spells that are oftentimes regarded as "meh" or poor, relevant. Things like Witch Bolt, Vampiric Touch, and others that require concentration, as well as your action to use. Not to mention, the Elementalist breathes life into lower level AOE spells that are often overlooked as subpar.

Please take a look, and let me know what you think!