PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking for gear that adds to Ride checks/ protective gear for mount

Glarnog
2023-06-06, 04:01 PM
ETA Pathfinder 1e Only. Sorry

I am hoping for both competence and circumstance bonuses, if not more. My small spirited charging Pally is only 7th level, so cost is a factor. Though never to early to save. Mainly I am trying to get the ride check as high as possible for using mounted combat to try to keep the mount from being hit.

I have a email out to the DM asking if the turquoise sphere ioun stone will grant fleet to my custom mount. Which in game is an amalgam of a Riding Dog, War horse, and riding Gecko thanks to a boon by Desna and a big ass cocoon. Mechanically it's mostly a gecko though.

Though anything that would help the mount would be appreciated too. Currently he has mithril chain shirt barding, a neck thing that gives +1 to saves, and "horse blanket" of elven kind. So far I've only had pay for the barding.

Thanks

GreatDane
2023-06-06, 04:46 PM
The battle bridle (MIC 151, 9,000 gp) is worn by your mount and grants a +5 competence bonus to Ride and the Mounted Combat feat.

Riding boots (MIC 121, 12,000 gp) grant a +5 competence bonus to Ride and the Ride-By Attack feat, but are probably out of your price range.

They'd probably need to be refluffed, but the horseshoes of speed (core, 3,000 gp) increase your mount's land speed by 30'.

If your dog/horse/gecko/thing is smart enough, you may want to get it a hand of the mage (core, 900 gp) so that it can open doors or pick things up.

I also refer you to the mount handbook (https://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=25.0).

Glarnog
2023-06-06, 04:50 PM
Thank you. I haven't seen some of that gear before. And the guide looks great.