PDA

View Full Version : The Radical Ibex [OOC]

JNAProductions
2023-06-07, 11:18 AM
System: Freeform Jazz
Player Count: Not more than four
Style of Play: Action! Grimness! Darkness!
Allowed Content: I'd like to hew somewhat close to canon, at least for what people play and can do.
Character Creation: Make a post on the forum or a google doc or anything else easily accessible.

Backstory: Skirt Length
Experience: You're a skilled operative
Wealth: Whatever makes sense for the backstory
Alignment: I like to GM for heroes... But this is 40k, so there's gonna be more leeway than usual

Other Notes: Appropriate character concepts for this game include:
-A Sister of Battle
-A Scion or Stormtrooper
-A veteran and hardened member of the Guard
-A Skitarii or other Ad Mech individual
-A local who's been conscripted due to latent psyker abilities and is being reared as an Astropath or Wyrdvane psyker

Inappropriate concepts for this game include:
-An Ogryn, just because they're a little too simpleminded for this game
-Anyone inexperienced, who couldn't hold their own in a fight
-A full on Tech Priest
-An Inquisitor or retinue thereof

If in doubt on whether or not a PC might fit, ask away. :)
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

You are currently on the planet Exoberia IV, and you are not happy. This was supposed to be a cushy position-nothing too crazy, just keep the locals in check. And then, Inquisitor Ibex landed, and started making all sorts of demands. First, bring him some ordinary troopers-alright, that can be done, nothing's too hard about that. Then a few vehicles. But give a mouse a cookie... Not that you can really say no.

He's been here for at least two months, and things are starting to get weird. Real weird.

Something has to be done.Inquisitor Ibex is, unbeknownst but suspected by you, a radical. Not Eisenhorn level radical-actually willfully causing harm to the Imperium radical. Heretical radical.

That being said, he's managed to keep that to himself.

The beginning of this game will be about handling Ibex, and where it goes from there is up to the players.
You could join Ibex, against the Imperium.
You could kill Ibex, and be excommunicated for killing an Inquisitor.
You could reveal Ibex's radicalism and get him killed by another branch of the Imperium, earning praise and more duties.
You could do something else that I haven't anticipated.

Please repost all PC details, and help me figure out a good starting point. :)

IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657025-The-Radical-Ibex-IC&p=25797027)

MrAbdiel
2023-06-07, 01:13 PM
Character Name: Igor von Strauk
Description:

+ + + + + WELCOME INQUISITOR + + + + +

Would you like to review your (1) new data stubs?
> yes
Assembling... Assembly complete.

EXHIBIT 7 - VOX-CALL TRANSCRIPT, PERTAINING TO SUMMARY JUDGEMENT OF [REDACTED].
Vox-Call Fragment begins 1 minute 55 seconds into recording.
[REDACTED]:"Can you do it?"
[R.Daintree]:"Of course, of course. Hold on, I'm writing it down."
[REDACTED]:"So you can you do it - perhaps today?"
[R.Daintree]:"Not like you to get spooked like this, [REDACTED]. Calm down. What does she look like?"
[REDACTED]:"You'll have to get through her goon, first. She's keeping her head down, but you won't miss him. Short hair, light brown. Pale skin. Tall - lot of reach on his arms. I'd have said ex-Guard or gang but no marks, electric or chemical that I can see."
[R.Daintree]:"Greenedge, you think?"
[REDACTED]:"No, no. Rudy, you're not the first gun I've given this job to, okay?"
[R.Daintree]:"Oh yeah? Is that why Kidd's in lock up?"
[REDACTED]:"Yeah. Yeah, and he killed, ah... what's his name. With the arm-"
[R.Daintree]:"Lancy? Six-Gun Lancy?"
[REDACTED]:"Yeah, that was -... that's him."
[R.Daintree]:"Damn. Damn, Lancy was young, too. Makes you think, you know?"
[REDACTED]:"Yeah I know Rudy, I'm doing a lot of thinking, that's why I'm voxxing!"
[R.Daintree]:"Calm down, [REDACTED]. What's this guy carry?"
[REDACTED]:"Uh... A sword, I guess. A big one. And a... I guess a short barrelled carbine. Las-Carbine. Wears merchant flak."
[R.Daintree]:"That's it? A sword and a carbine? What, is he a gutter-witch or something?"
[REDACTED]:"No! No, he's just good with what he's got and the last two idiots got flattened because they thought 'that's it?'. I need you to take care of this, Rudy. The woman, the snoop - she's got... there's a red data-slate with her. Don't read it. Take them both out, bring it back to me, and everyone's happy."
[R.Daintree]:"Everyone but Lancy and Kidd, huh?"
[REDACTED]:"Would you take this seriously for a damn minute?!"
[R.Daintree]:"Holy warpsh##, [REDACTED], you are wound up tight on this one. Take it easy. I'll look into it. You'll hear from me by tomorrow evening, okay?"
[REDACTED]:"I'd... Alright. Thanks, Rudy. Thanks. Goodbye."
Vox-Call Terminates. Fragment ends 3 minutes 27 seconds into recording.
Participants are [REDACTED] and Rudolph Daintree, (Deceased)

There are no more unviewed data stubs. Would you like to review old data stubs?
>no
Shut down your terminal, Inquisitor?
>yes
+ + + + + THE EMPEROR PROTECTS + + + + +
Skills: Melee Combat, especially swordsmanship. Ranged combat. Proficient in the use of bolt, slug, las and promethium based weaponry. Small unit tactics. Fear management. Anti-psyker tactics. Outdoor survival, especially polar environments. Athletics. Middling level investigation skills.
Armament: Igor would love to be able to use a bolter - but who can afford it? He uses a light las carbine he can fire from the hip and one-hand as necessary. He possesses a handful of frag and smoke grenades and holdout weapons, but most commonly he wields a bastard sword with the broad bladed style of the Black Templars, and a matching cruciform hilt. It contains a shock function that is not sufficient on its own to immediately incapacitate enemies; but it is sufficient to cause trouble to electronics and to insulate the weapon from destruction in clashes with power fields. It's a training sword - the tradition of the aspirants of his Chapter Keep was to use it all the way through neophyte training until the blade broke; then the larges part of the broken blade would be reworked into the form of an Astartes combat knife. The weapon's trajectory, like Igor's own, was aborted with his disinclusion from the aspirant program. It's still four feet of mono-edged Declatian steel - and that counts for something.
Igor von Strauk was born on the planet Esso - a ball of frosty, half-frozen oceans and stubborn alpine forests slowly crawling across the planety's expanding habitable zones at the behest of the massive archaeotech terraforming engines. Those engines have pumped away since time immemorial; since the Old Night. The earliest maps of Esso show almost no unfrozen water at all. Given another couple of thousand years, Esso may have a climate much like Holy Terra - and for this reason, the Ecclesiarchy marked it as a Shrine World, obviously prepared for imperial expansion and the glory of the Emperor. For now, the locals dealt with the harsh climate with their eyes turned to the imperial basilicas depicting the shift from the world that was, to the world that would be - beacons of hope for transformation, and ascension, and future glory for Esso, her native Essoski, and all mankind beyond. All this was threatened when a raiding force of Bad Moon orks laid waste to many of the planet's towns in an effort to surround and presumably loot the terraforming engines. They were thwarted by the Emperor's Angels - a deployment of the Adeptus Astartes who fell to the surface of Esso like burning shot from the Emperor's own rifle, and put the orks to the sword, the bolt, and the flame. A very young Igor witnessed one of these battles alongside his friend Anatoli, and were forever impacted by what they saw - striking, giant warriors in black and white armor with their weapons chained to their hands, striking down the repulsive aliens in droves. Briefly, during the battle, one of the angels saw him - a champion, with a great sword of black steel and an enormous pistol whose every shot fired sounded like a thunderbolt. Igor could not see his eyes, but knew he was seen; and interpreted in that look some kind of blessing, or assurance.

On the spot, Igor and Anatoli made a pact: they would strive to become mighty warriors in the service of the Emperor, just the same.

One of them did.

Years later, when the Black Templars recruited from Esso as a planet owing favour from their deliverance, Igor and Anatoli were swept into the aspirant trials held at the Black Templar Chapter Keep. In the interim, even as boys, they had trained relentlessly; running everywhere, swimming the icy waters, learning combat with devotion from the shrinekeepers of the world. And when the Black Templars trials came, neither were found wanting; though Igor was the superior student and specimen in all ways, with Anatoli a selfless and proud companion. All until the final trials, where effort had no say at all. The apothecaries informed a confused Igor that a quirk of his genetic array caused an unacceptable likelihood of rejection for the divine augmentations that would have made him an angel. By the estimations of the recruiters, he had the makings of a very fine space marine and perhaps leader - except that his genes bid it not so. Yet Anatoli was not so denied; and in an effort to process his grief and find some outlet for his desire to ascend, he took the invitation extended to go with Anatoli as his serf. This saw the diverging friendship spend time in the Chapter Keep as Anatoli trained to become a neophyte, and then aboard a crusade fleet where he took training under a full initiate brother of the Black Templars. Igor had enjoyed Anatoli's friendship as the superior for years, and repayed it in kind; tirelessly servicing and repairing his friend's weapons and armor, attending his quarters, learning all he needed to from the other serfs about the duties to support Astartes. But eventually it became clear to Igor, by then a man in entering his thirties, that the friendship had gone entirely; Anatoli knew who he was, yes... but so harshly forward-facing was the young crusader, so completely absorbed by the ascendant rites and nature and brotherhood of the angels, that he could not maintain anything like the mortal brotherhood they once had - only the cool respect of master to servant. Fearing his internal turmoil would turn to bitterness over time, he asked to be released from duty. Anatoli was disappointed to lose a skilled and loyal serf, especially one for whom he had such affection. But knowing Igor was hardworking, deserving of reward, and not initiated into any mystery of the chapter that should forbid his departure, Brother Anatoli saw the request honored, and Igor was discharged with honor and dropped off at the habitable world nearest the Crusade Fleet's present passage: Exoberia IV.

From there, he sought fulfilling work; and sometimes found it. The Arbites declined his application because they did not recruit grown men from other Adepta. The PDF considered him too old to be 'moulded' as a trooper and utterly without reference to be trained as an officer. In the end, he found itinerant work on the planet as bodyguard for middling nobles and merchants; and after a couple of years, this settled into a stable gig as 'muscle' for a local legend - a maverick private investigator who had slogged her way up from muckraker to scandal-maker, and who was beginning to anger the kind of people who could hire truly problematic deterrents. Igor's credentials might have lacked, but his combat expertise were the stuff of Astartes aspirant training and that which he learned in his time in the Crusade fleet; leagues above the average leg-breaker and hired gun, and especially so in the cramped alleys and room-to-room brawling that his employer tended to get into. He would never be one of the Emperor's Angels; but he could be a guardian angel for some folks, in small moments. He was well on his way to saving the money he needed to return to Esso, and retiring - perhaps, serving as a shrinekeeper, he imagined.

This of course was a vision that did not survive the Ibex matter.

As for a good starting point. Well! I left my character's investigator employer friend vague for you to fill out as an NPC however you prefer, if that helps. Maybe I ought to ask what the planet is like, before anything else!

Lord Ruby34
2023-06-07, 04:35 PM
Reposting

Name: Noviate Mercedes Greyson
Description:

> yes

EXHIBIT 232t - INVESTIGATION INTO GANG ACTIVITY, EXORBIA IV, SERVOSKULL FOOTAGE
A young woman with shoulder length bone white hair turns down an alley. She is walking quickly. Some kind of kit is in her left hand.
Three figures come out of a connecting alley, behind the woman. An Ogryn male steps in front.

[Ogryn]: Ain't a safe place.
[Figure 1]: That's right, it ain't. What's a pretty thing like you doing down here in the slums with us.
[Noviate Greyson]: There is a house of the sick in this district. Direct me to it or leave.
[Figure 1]: That's real sweet. You know, my buddy here is pretty sick too . . . I bet he could use some special healing if you --
[Noviate Greyson]: A delay of my mission constitutes interference with a lawful order of the Imperium. Step aside.
[Figure 1]: Oh, I think your mission can wait. Lads, why don't we show *gak*

The young woman fires off a shot from a revolver that had been concealed under her robe. The draw was almost too fast to follow, and the bullet took Figure 1 in the throat.
The scene is quiet for a moment, the revolver trails a thin wisp of smoke into the air.
The two remaining human figures look at each other, then the Ogryn behind the woman. They attempt to draw stubbers, but aren't fast enough. Four more shots end both of them before they can finish.
The Ogryn charges forward, and the young woman dodges. She takes a half step to the side and extends one leg in a sweep, sending the massive abhuman sprawling. The final shot in teh revolver impacts his skull, but doesn't penetrate. The Ogryn roars, and stands up, swinging massive fists covered in metal protrusions.
The woman ducks underneath the blow and spins, grabbing a thin line of bead from around her wrist and swinging directly into the abhuman's knee. Even from the distant camera the pop is audible. The Orgryn screams and topples. The woman backs up, and calmly loads the revolver again. By the time the Ogryn stands up, he finds the barrel of the gun leveled at his face. A second shot impacts directly through the eye. He does not stir again.
The young woman inspects each of the bodies. One receives a final shot to the skull, and then she exits the alley, leaving frame.

>no
>yes

Skills: Top Certification in Marksmenship in training cohort.
Extremely Skilled with Promethium based weaponry.
Extremely Skilled in use of Melta weaponry.
Medium High proficiency in swordsmanship. (Instructor notes: Lack of natural reach was a determinant.)
Excellent Grasp of Squad Based Combat Tactics.
High Proficiency in Medical Care and Surgical treatment.

Equipment: Hospitaller Carapace, Revolver (Customary two reloads), Ring of Ring of Suffrage, Hospitaller Medicae Tools, Chaplet-Ecclesiasticus (worn on wrist).

Mercedes was born on the shrine world of Hagia, and orphaned soon after. The infant child was given into the care of the Schola Progenium, presumably in recognition of some heroic deed by one of her parents. Her education was intense, brutal, and effective. Mercedes took to it with a fervor. She excelled at her lessons, both physically and mentally, and absorbed the tenants of the imperial creed with a natural zeal. The drill abbot marked the young woman out, and she was soon sent to Ophelia VII and the Adeptus Soritas. There she continued her education and training. She was expected to excel, and excel she did. The girl seemed destined for a career in the orders militant, until she committed one of the most grievous sins for a battle sister: hesitation.

As part of her training Mercedes was taught to follow orders with unflinching hesitation and resolve, to spare no mercy for the mutant, the heretic, and alien. A group of young novices was taken into the dungeons that catacombed Ophelia VII. There they were given flamers and brought before convicts. No explanations were given, but the novices were ordered to bathe the criminals in holy promethium. To a one, the young women obeyed. But Mercedes hesitated, finger on the trigger, before firing and condemning the man to the emperor's judgement.

Her delay was noticed.

Despite the brutal corrections of her teachers, Mercedes continued to delay in her instructions. That flaw was now known and observed, again and again. A slight delay before compliance, a second, or half a second, it seemed the young woman always had to make a judgement herself before acting, even if she didn't disobey. It was a too serious a flaw in character for a member of an order militant. Eventually, it was decided that it would be a shame to waste such a bright mind and faithful spirit entirely, and so Mercedes was sent to the Order Hospitaller and forced to perform penance. She would be sent to Exoberia IV, a peaceful backwater where she could reflect upon her failures, and far from anywhere where her hesitations could could bring shame upon the Imperium.

I'll edit the post with more later. I've unfortunately got to get some work done in the next few hours. Edited to reflect Mr. Abdeil's format.

BelGareth
2023-06-08, 11:51 AM
Character Name: Magos Tiberius Calix

> yes

EXHIBIT 9 - INTERCEPTED NOOSPHERE TRANSCRIPT, PERTAINING TO INVESTIGATION OF MECHANICUS [REDACTED]
<<Calix>>: [REDACTED], I require your counsel. We must discuss a matter of grave importance.
[REDACTED]: Calix, I am ready to interface. What troubles your cogitators?
<<Calix>>: I have detected unsettling indications of potential tech heresy within our mission parameters. The Inquisitor's actions and requests have been veering toward dangerous territory.
[REDACTED]: Fascinating. Please elaborate on the specifics, Calix.
<<Calix>>: The Inquisitor has requested the elimination of a target and acquisition of a red data-slate, with explicit instructions not to read its contents. Additionally, there is an air of secrecy surrounding the target's bodyguard, armed with unorthodox weaponry.
[REDACTED]: These circumstances indeed raise concerns. We must exercise caution, Calix. Tech heresy can lead to dire consequences, both for our mission and the sanctity of the Omnissiah's teachings.
<<Calix>>: Agreed, [REDACTED]. Our purpose is to uphold the sacred tenets of the Machine God. We must remain vigilant and ensure that our actions align with our directives.
[REDACTED]: Have you uncovered any further evidence or anomalies that could shed light on the nature of this tech heresy?
<<Calix>>: Not yet, but I will delve deeper into our resources and conduct thorough analysis. The truth must be unveiled, and the Inquisitor's intentions must be scrutinized.
[REDACTED]: Remember, Calix, we are the guardians of knowledge and the enforcers of purity. We must act decisively but with precision, uncovering the heresy while maintaining our cover.
<<Calix>>: Indeed, [REDACTED]. I shall proceed with utmost care and vigilance. We shall not allow the taint of tech heresy to corrupt our mission or compromise the sanctity of the Omnissiah's domain.
[REDACTED]: May the Omnissiah guide our thoughts and actions, Calix. Analyze, investigate, and report your findings promptly. Our duty lies in preserving the integrity of the Machine God's teachings.
<<Calix>>: Understood, [REDACTED]. I shall dedicate myself to this task. The truth shall be revealed, and the heretical elements, if present, shall be eradicated.
[REDACTED]: Carry on, Calix. May the Omnissiah's blessings illuminate our path.
<<Calix>>: Praise the Omnissiah.

>no
>yes

>>> [WARNING] DATA CORRUPTION DETECTED <<<
INITIATING SCRAMBLING PROTOCOL...
0x3F 0x8B 0x24 0xE9 0x5C 0xA2 0xDF 0x71 0x06 0xB3 0xC8 0x9F 0x7A 0x58 0x2E
0x17 0xCD 0x92 0xF5 0x3A 0x40 0xB6 0xEC 0x1D 0x85 0x6F 0xD2 0x55 0x8C 0x21
... SCRAMBLING COMPLETE.

Elite close-quarters combatant specializing in the use of Transonic Weapons. Proficient in physics manipulation, allowing for bypassing armored defenses. Skilled leader of a Sicarian Ruststalker Killclade. Swift and precise attacker known for lethal close-quarters strikes. Expert in stealth and assassination techniques.
>>> [WARNING] DATA REVERSAL INITIATED <<<
REVERSING SCRAMBLING PROTOCOL...
0x21 0x8C 0x55 0xD2 0x6F 0x85 0x1D 0xEC 0xB6 0x40 0x3A 0xF5 0x92 0xCD 0x17
0x2E 0x58 0x7A 0x9F 0xC8 0xB3 0x06 0x71 0xDF 0xA2 0x5C 0xE9 0x24 0x8B 0x3F
... REVERSAL COMPLETE.

INITIATING DATA DELETION...
[DELETED]
... DATA DELETION SUCCESSFUL.

[DATA REDACTED] Access Restricted
Initiating Data Retrieval...
[ERROR] Data Corruption Detected
[WARNING] HIGHLY CLASSIFIED CONTENT
Proceed with Caution...

>>> [REDACTED] REPORT SNIPPET <<<
CODE NAME: PROJECT CALIX
OPERATIVE: [REDACTED]

Subject exhibits remarkable covert abilities, posing as a Skitarii Ranger while concealing advanced armament. Armament details as follows:

DIGITAL WEAPON:
0x2F 0x11 0xA7 0x9C 0x4B 0xE8 0x76 0x39 0

x85 0x61 0xF2 0xCD 0x0A 0x3E 0x98

COVERT BLADE:
0x70 0x8E 0x22 0xC6 0x53 0x9F 0xE4 0x1B 0x97 0x4D 0x2A 0xF5 0x61 0xAB 0x3C

CONCEALED GRENADES:
0x4F 0x28 0x93 0x1D 0x7A 0xE5 0x49 0xBF 0x36 0x82 0xDF 0x65 0x0C 0xA9 0x1E

Caution is advised when handling this information. Subject's hidden armament poses a significant threat to Imperial security. Further investigation and monitoring required.

[DATA REDACTED] Access Terminated

Title: Shadows of the Omnissiah

Magos Tiberius Calix, a Sicarian Ruststalker disguised as a Skitarii Ranger, stood watchful, hidden amongst the ranks of the Legio Mechanicus Veridus. His assigned task was to observe and safeguard the esteemed Divisio Investigatus Magos, Envy, as they delved into the mysteries of a long-forgotten world.

Envy was known for their relentless pursuit of archeotech, and their reputation for uncovering hidden heresies had earned them the trust of the Adeptus Mechanicus. But rumors had surfaced of forbidden knowledge and questionable motives, casting a shadow upon Envy's once-unblemished record.

Calix had been given a secret directive: to watch Envy closely, evaluating the probability of heresy, and, if necessary, eliminate the Magos. He had sworn an oath to the Omnissiah, and the directive weighed heavily upon his cybernetic mind.

As the investigation unfolded, Calix observed Envy with an unyielding focus. The Magos was relentless, sifting through ancient data-slates and deciphering cryptic codes with fervor. The world they explored was a graveyard of advanced technology, remnants of a forgotten era that promised untold power and danger.

Calix's camouflage abilities allowed him to remain concealed within the shadows, observing Envy's every move. He saw the glimmer of avarice in their eyes as they uncovered fragments of forbidden knowledge. Doubts began to gnaw at Calix's augmented consciousness, for he had also witnessed Envy's tireless dedication to the cause of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Days turned into weeks as the investigation deepened. Calix meticulously collected data, meticulously analyzing each piece of evidence, and the probability of heresy fluctuated within his mechanical mind. The burden of the decision he carried grew heavier with each passing moment.

One fateful night, Envy made a discovery of profound significance—a piece of archeotech capable of unparalleled destruction. The forbidden technology seemed to whisper dark temptations into Envy's ear. Calix witnessed the Magos hesitate, their beliefs and their desires locked in a fierce battle for dominance.

In that critical moment, Calix's calculation reached an unexpected conclusion. Despite the apparent danger and the uncertainty that shadowed Envy, the Sicarian Ruststalker found a flicker of hope. The probability of heresy dropped below the designated threshold, and Calix chose to stay his hand.

Instead of eliminating Envy, Calix made a bold decision. He revealed himself, his true identity as a Sicarian Ruststalker, and confronted the conflicted Magos. With conviction in his voice, he spoke of the dangers of straying from the righteous path, of the price to be paid for surrendering to temptation.

Envy, startled and shaken, listened to Calix's words. They realized the gravity of their actions and the perilous path they were treading. In that moment, a bond was formed, forged from shared purpose and the desire to safeguard the sacred tenets of the Omnissiah.

Together, Calix and Envy vowed to continue their investigation, united in their commitment to the Adeptus Mechanicus. They would unlock the secrets of the archeotech and ensure its safekeeping, resisting the allure of heresy that threatened to consume them.

In the dark corners of the forbidden world, shadows shifted, whispers echoed, and the Mechanicus duo ventured forth, their alliance strong, their purpose resolute. Bound by duty, they would tread the path of righteousness, safeguarding the knowledge of the past and protecting the future of the Imperium.

Title: Shadows of the Omnissiah: Exoberia IV

Magos Tiberius Calix stood on the desolate planet of Exoberia IV, his metallic form blending seamlessly with the arid landscape. A mission to review the acheotech that was stumbled upon by some miners a few years back, it had been held under quarantine and under guard since. But fate had other plans in store for him.

Inquisitor Ibex arrived on Exoberia IV, demanding assistance from Envy and her forces. At first, it seemed like a minor inconvenience, just a few troopers and vehicles to aid the Inquisitor in his endeavors. But as time passed, the demands grew increasingly peculiar, testing the limits of the Mechanicus's obedience.

Months passed, and the situation on Exoberia IV became increasingly bizarre. Calix found himself caught in a web of secrecy and suspicion. Deep within his bionic mind, he sensed that something was amiss with Inquisitor Ibex. The whispers of heresy grew louder, hinting at a radicalism that threatened the very fabric of the Imperium.

As the days turned into weeks, Calix's mission shifted. His directive to observe and evaluate Envy had been superseded. His new objective was to keep a watchful eye on Inquisitor Ibex, gathering evidence and uncovering the truth behind the rumors that surrounded him.

The Magos delved into the shadows of Exoberia IV, stealthily gathering information while maintaining a façade of unwavering loyalty. He carefully observed Ibex's interactions, his questionable alliances, and the disturbing trail of events that seemed to follow in his wake. The whispers of heretical intentions grew stronger, compelling Calix to act.

With each passing day, Calix's resolve strengthened. He knew that the threat Ibex posed to the Imperium could not be ignored. But he also knew that the path ahead was treacherous. Exposing an Inquisitor, even a heretical one, was a dangerous game. Calix understood the risks—excommunication, isolation, and the potential loss of everything he held dear.

In the darkest depths of Exoberia IV, Calix made his decision. He would gather irrefutable evidence, substantiating the suspicions that weighed heavily upon his mechanical mind. Only then would he unveil the truth, bringing the hammer of justice down upon Ibex's heretical ambitions.

In the swirling dust of Exoberia IV, Magos Tiberius Calix embraced his purpose as an agent of the Omnissiah. The shadows whispered, the world trembled, and the final act of this clandestine drama was about to unfold.

Legio Mechanicus Veridus: Forge World Ignis Primus

The Legio Mechanicus Veridus, renowned for its unwavering pursuit of technological advancement, operates from its own forge world known as Ignis Primus. Nestled within the galactic expanse, far from the red planet of Mars, Ignis Primus is a celestial realm dedicated to the ever-burning fires of innovation.

Forge World Ignis Primus stands as a testament to the Legio Mechanicus Veridus' ingenuity and adaptability. Built upon the remnants of a long-lost civilization, its colossal forges and sprawling manufactorums dominate the landscape. Towers of metal and adamantium pierce the skies, their fires blazing as a constant reminder of the world's purpose.

Deep within the core of Ignis Primus lies the "Infernal Crucible," the forge heart of the planet. This cavernous chamber houses colossal machinery, bellowing furnaces, and intricate assembly lines, where Tech-Priests of Veridus toil ceaselessly to unlock the secrets of the Omnissiah. Molten metal flows like rivers, and arcane energy crackles through the air, filling the atmosphere with a heady mix of industry and purpose.

The relationship between Legio Mechanicus Veridus and other forge worlds within the Adeptus Mechanicus is complex. Ignis Primus is both revered and scrutinized for its daring approach to technological advancement. Some forge worlds view Veridus as pioneers, embracing their innovative spirit and forming alliances to access their groundbreaking technologies. Others, however, regard Veridus with caution, fearing that their unorthodox methods may lead to unforeseen consequences or even techno-heresy.

Ignis Primus maintains a delicate balance between fostering collaboration and protecting its own secrets. The forge world trades resources, knowledge, and technological breakthroughs with select allies, forging alliances that strengthen its position within the wider Mechanicum. However, Veridus holds its most groundbreaking discoveries and experimental technologies close to its chest, safeguarding them from potential rivals and those who might exploit their creations.

The Tech-Priests of Veridus often convene within the "Collegium Ignis," a sprawling temple of learning and research. Here, they engage in vigorous debates, share insights, and collaborate on ambitious projects that challenge the boundaries of conventional Mechanicus doctrine. The Collegium Ignis serves as a hub of creativity and intellectual discourse, where the brightest minds of Ignis Primus come together to shape the forge world's destiny.

While Ignis Primus stands as a bastion of progress and innovation, it is not without its detractors. Traditionalist factions within the Adeptus Mechanicus, deeply rooted in ancient dogmas and established practices, view Veridus with suspicion. They question the forge world's willingness to adapt and its propensity for unconventional strategies, fearing that such deviations may lead to uncontrolled experimentation and the abandonment of sacred traditions.

Yet, despite these challenges, Legio Mechanicus Veridus and its forge world, Ignis Primus, stand firm in their commitment to the Omnissiah's teachings. They embrace the flame of knowledge, pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and forging a path of their own amidst the vast tapestry of the Imperium. With every innovation and technological breakthrough, Veridus leaves its indelible mark upon the galaxy, inspiring awe, admiration, and sometimes caution from their peers in the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Fabricator General Caelius Rhaegis

Fabricator General Caelius Rhaegis is the esteemed leader of Forge World Ignis Primus, presiding over the vast machinery and technological marvels that define the forge world. As the highest-ranking Tech-Priest, he is a figure of authority and wisdom, guiding the Legio Mechanicus Veridus with a steady hand.

With a presence that exudes gravitas, Fabricator General Rhaegis is a towering figure, his body adorned with intricate bionic enhancements and robes of crimson and gold, symbolizing his exalted position within the Adeptus Mechanicus. His cybernetic eyes glow with an inner light, reflecting his deep connection to the Omnissiah's divine essence.

Rhaegis is known for his meticulous approach to innovation, ensuring that every technological advancement adheres to the sacred principles of the Machine God. His keen intellect and strategic acumen make him a respected leader, and his ability to navigate the complex web of politics within the Adeptus Mechanicus has earned him the unwavering loyalty of those under his command.

While embodying the stoic and austere nature of the Mechanicum, Rhaegis is also a visionary, constantly seeking ways to push the boundaries of technological progress. He encourages his subordinates to think beyond established doctrines and dogmas, always reminding them of the potential inherent in adaptability and experimentation.

Note: I did use ChatGPT to assist me with this.

MrAbdiel your format was too cool not to copy.

JNAProductions
2023-06-08, 12:33 PM
IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657025-The-Radical-Ibex-IC&p=25797027), also in the first post.

MrAbdiel
2023-06-08, 03:47 PM
Woo hoo! Also I like that I started this fly-on-the-wall-in-the-cogitator format trend. :)

BelGareth
2023-06-08, 04:00 PM
Woo hoo! Also I like that I started this fly-on-the-wall-in-the-cogitator format trend. :)

It's so good, i couldn't not.

Lord Ruby34
2023-06-08, 10:08 PM

Agreed. Helped me get the character in my head a little bit better.

MrAbdiel
2023-06-08, 10:52 PM

Agreed. Helped me get the character in my head a little bit better.

:)

Also, getting a feel for this world… should we take it to be a fairly evenly spread imperial world? Not a bunch of hive cities in a hellscape or a planet sized left-shoe factory for the guard? Reasonable mix of climates, zoning, average tech advancement, standard brutalist/art deco cities and future-country rural areas?

JNAProductions
2023-06-08, 11:58 PM
:)

Also, getting a feel for this world… should we take it to be a fairly evenly spread imperial world? Not a bunch of hive cities in a hellscape or a planet sized left-shoe factory for the guard? Reasonable mix of climates, zoning, average tech advancement, standard brutalist/art deco cities and future-country rural areas?

It's a chilly place, and kinda barren, but not a hive city or completely mono.

BelGareth
2023-06-09, 11:42 AM
LOVE the quote, you made me look at my 2nd ed rulebook to find it!

JNAProductions
2023-06-09, 12:24 PM
Rolling a quick die for Igor and his careful listening...

[roll0]

High good, low bad.

Alright. 18 will not net you any pertinent info. Just work with what you got.

BelGareth
2023-06-10, 02:03 PM
My activity during the weekends isn’t usually high, and today is my son’s graduation, just fyi.

JNAProductions
2023-06-10, 02:25 PM
My activity during the weekends isn’t usually high, and today is my son’s graduation, just fyi.

Congrats to your son!
Best of luck to him in future endeavors. :)

BelGareth
2023-06-10, 07:44 PM
Congrats to your son!
Best of luck to him in future endeavors. :)

Thank you!

Lord Ruby34
2023-06-11, 04:05 PM

Congratulations to your son! No matter what kind of graduation it is, I expect he's entering an exciting time in his life.

JNAProductions
2023-06-13, 11:58 AM
[roll0]

Calix test.

JNAProductions
2023-06-25, 11:25 AM
A cunning plan!

Roll me a die, Mr. Abdiel. Higher results are better, lower are worse, to see how bad your injuries are.

MrAbdiel
2023-06-25, 02:50 PM
The day may come when we have to stop pussyfooting around and make ourselves obvious opponents of this inquisitor… but it is not this day!

[roll0]

MrAbdiel
2023-06-25, 05:41 PM
This was a terrible plan, and Mercedes hated it.

This is the best plan ever.

Lord Ruby34
2023-06-25, 06:04 PM
This is the best plan ever.

:smalltongue:

MrAbdiel
2023-06-26, 10:52 PM
Might have to kick down the door and ask forgiveness later. Also I coming down with the flu or something like it so expect my posts to be more nonsensically sporadic than usual.

Lord Ruby34
2023-06-26, 11:03 PM
Might have to kick down the door and ask forgiveness later. Also I coming down with the flu or something like it so expect my posts to be more nonsensically sporadic than usual.

I was thinking something similar. About the kicking, not the sickness. That sounds rough, and I hope you feel better soon.

BelGareth
2023-06-29, 12:46 PM
Going to drop this game, just have a lot going on.

Thanks for letting me play!

MrAbdiel
2023-06-29, 03:37 PM
Aw… sad to hear it. Well, it’s become a buddy-cop scenario.

Lord Ruby34
2023-06-29, 03:38 PM
I call being the sarcastic one.

MrAbdiel
2023-06-29, 03:51 PM
I guess the schola progenia had a better sense of humor than the chapter fortress. Works for me!

MrAbdiel
2023-07-03, 09:45 PM
No sign of her, hey...? Hmm. I want to just say "let's search the house" but I'm trying to think of an alibi to do so. We might just have to keep going with "searching for medical/mechanical doodads, and someone to talk to about the cattle."

JNAProductions
2023-07-03, 09:46 PM
No sign of her, hey...? Hmm. I want to just say "let's search the house" but I'm trying to think of an alibi to do so. We might just have to keep going with "searching for medical/mechanical doodads, and someone to talk to about the cattle."

Feel free to open all the spoilers, with the roll that was made.

Lord Ruby34
2023-07-04, 08:32 AM
Feel free to open all the spoilers, with the roll that was made.

Oh, whoops, thought that was a low roll was good situation.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-14, 01:53 AM
Check check!

I wonder if this is a red herring - but there was a literal power sword death cultist gal here a moment ago!

Lord Ruby34
2023-07-14, 04:42 PM
I think she's bluffing too, but I'm not sure. My plan is to have Mercedes noisily argue with her for a few minutes so that Igor can take time to search the home, and we can find some evidence of guilt.

JNAProductions
2023-07-18, 09:06 PM
[roll0]

High good for you, low bad for you.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-19, 12:44 AM
Very puzzling. And so far we've discovered nothing in this house that is even slightly inquisitorial, let alone heretical...

... Did we walk into the wrong house, or something? Igor might have been concussed, to be fair.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-29, 05:09 AM
Beep beep. We might need help here, JNA; we're losing all momentum. I'll admit I'm a little at a loss. I understand the story premise is discovering that Inquisitor Ibex is a radical and making a hard decision about how to respond to that revelation; but as it stands all we know is that he's a weird guy and I think both Igor and Mercedes are not crazy/cavalier enough to just start killing inquisitorial agents hoping to find justification after the fact. I want to get into a gunfight/swordfight for sure, but I feel like we might need a bit more direction. Right now we just have no leads about where to discover more about this potential heresy - except the farm, which seems to be a bust (unless I'm missing something) and the ship, which is just too well guarded for us to investigate without making war on, as far as we know right now, a genuine (if odd) Inquisitor.

Lord Ruby34
2023-07-29, 11:24 AM
Just for the record, I agree with the above.

JNAProductions
2023-07-29, 12:23 PM
Beep beep. We might need help here, JNA; we're losing all momentum. I'll admit I'm a little at a loss. I understand the story premise is discovering that Inquisitor Ibex is a radical and making a hard decision about how to respond to that revelation; but as it stands all we know is that he's a weird guy and I think both Igor and Mercedes are not crazy/cavalier enough to just start killing inquisitorial agents hoping to find justification after the fact. I want to get into a gunfight/swordfight for sure, but I feel like we might need a bit more direction. Right now we just have no leads about where to discover more about this potential heresy - except the farm, which seems to be a bust (unless I'm missing something) and the ship, which is just too well guarded for us to investigate without making war on, as far as we know right now, a genuine (if odd) Inquisitor.

I getcha. I confess, I'm also kinda struggling to see where to lead it into-the best idea I have is to have Ibex himself make a critical error. I think I'll do that, just to give the shot of adrenaline to this game.

IC post coming momentarily.

JNAProductions
2023-07-30, 03:49 PM
Gonna give Igor time to respond before more.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-31, 06:42 AM
I shall respond shortly! Sorry, new study/work schedule has me a little off balance.

JNAProductions
2023-08-01, 01:21 PM
[roll0] Igor
[roll1] Adora

Edit: Whoops, I rolled a d10 for Igor. I'll roll another d10 personally and just multiply by that amount.

8-so 80ish.

Lord Ruby34
2023-08-13, 12:10 AM
Are we in the same tent?

JNAProductions
2023-08-13, 11:29 AM
Are we in the same tent?

Yes, though on opposite sides of the central pole.

MrAbdiel
2023-09-05, 11:58 PM
Sorry for the quick copy+paste update:

This happened once before and you might remember it, but I have an annoying recurring issue with a disc in my neck that herniates and makes my life miserable. It's very bad for a couple of days and then pretty bad up and down for a few couple of weeks after that. I've been incapacitated for the first bit now I'm going through the next part again. It gives me numbness and pain in the right arm with escalates when I sit upright at my computer desk, so i have to budget my time sitting and typing and then laying down again. I started studying again this year so most of that slim budget has been going to work I have to do. I'm still keen and I'll be back but for the moment my posting will be infrequent at the very best. As a player i'm happy for my companions/GMs to puppet my character as required; as a storyteller I'm pretty much stuffed for the moment.

Sorry for the disruption, I'll be back at it when I can.

MrAbdiel
2023-10-18, 05:00 PM
I am back, incidentally! Still catching up on my threads and returning to rhythm.

Though we did slow down pretty hard on this thread. Is everyone...still baseline keen?

Lord Ruby34
2023-10-18, 08:24 PM
I think my interest has suffiently waned that I'm out. Apologies.