PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other The Legend of Zelda: A Monster Manual

Buufreak
2023-06-07, 12:02 PM
Another day, another conversion! So I don't think it is any big secret that I am a LoZ fan, played nearly all the games, and I already have some handbooks out there for just overall TTRPG gameplay. Today, and continuing onward in the near future, I am working towards giving stats proper to everything you can think of that should appear in a Zelda world. So far, I have everything listed, alphabetically, as well as a dummy stat block inserted in as place holder (it's from a previous project, so it will likely look rather odd and out of place). I started at the top, working my way down, and will continue to update as I have free time.

So here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z2SWN_Rp3QZ57eWgWx5Gt5T-gkIzWFyJBgdU017o0wQ/edit?usp=sharing) be the link (no pun intended), feel free to give thoughts, opinions, pointers, and if there seems to be something incredibly missing, point it out and I will do my best to get to it!

Tzardok
2023-06-07, 12:17 PM
A whole lot of the creatures seem to have the same stat block. And it's an Eldrazi stat block.

Buufreak
2023-06-07, 01:17 PM
A whole lot of the creatures seem to have the same stat block. And it's an Eldrazi stat block.

As was mentioned in my block of text.

Tzardok
2023-06-07, 03:08 PM
Sorry. That's on me. I'm not very focused today.

Vahnavoi
2023-06-07, 03:19 PM
Goblinoids ought to split to Bokoblin, Big/Boss Bokoblin, Moblin, Great Moblin.

Maybe at Aerocuda as new flying enemy from the latest Zelda game.

Stalnox (a skeletal Hinox) and Stalkids (smaller Stalfos) might warrant their own entries. Redead seems to be missing.

Have you thought about what to do about friendly creatures - namely, Gerudo, Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, Rito, Kokiri, Koroks, Mogmas, Subrosians, Minish and the Deku & Maku trees? What about some of the more specific bosses and minibosses - Phantom Ganon, Helmasaur King, Helmaroc, etc.? If you're using d20 rules as template, I admit some of these might not need their own statblocks. You could note some common variations as HD advancements (such as common red/blue/silver/gold version of common monsters).

Buufreak
2023-06-07, 07:42 PM
As you might have noticed, there is Armos and Armos Knight. I'm just going through alphabetically, but yes, everything is going to be appropriately subdivided.

I haven't included Aerocuda because man do I think they are quite worthless. Keese, but bigger, but still dies in 1 shot to literally anything? Nah, I'll stick with Vires as a meaningful upgrade (which, when I saw them in the trailers, I was quite certain they were going to be Vires. How great would that be? They take a few hits, when they die they explode into Keese swarms. Could have been much better).

For specific bosses, I don't have any real intention of using named, unique entities. I understand this is a new post, but I've said a few times before that I am very tired of the pig and anything tied to him. Bosses otherwise are likely eventually going to get an include, just give it time. Although I do agree, some are just bigger with more HD.

I also tried to be as specific-game-agnostic as possible, and literally just went to the wiki page and wrote down everything that made sense, at least for my own gaming world. I will keep a few things not publicly stat'd, at least for now, but eventually I do intend on adding them in as well. Specifically unique NPCs that will be plot relevant in LoZ:IStGiNtFPA.

Finally thank you for knowing about Subrosia. I doubt any but 1 of my players do, but they will likely get some friendly stats as well. If you would check my homebrew in my sig, I actually have a link to an entire player's handbook (which is mostly finished!).

Buufreak
2023-06-26, 09:42 PM
I've been severely slacking, but I'm up to Dodongos. Just wanted to update.

Buufreak
2023-07-18, 09:28 PM
Update the current number:

I am about half way through everything. Of course as I go through, I am finding better ways to format, to group relevant bits of information together, to use tables, and things that I simply forgot to include! So please, if you see something that seems like it is blatantly missing, feel free to call it out. Specifically talking about any sort of creature that is missing from the list that you think needs added!

Thanks again guys! I infinitely appreciate proofing and extra eyes.