PDA

View Full Version : Dead Beholder Isekai

Deadguy
2023-06-10, 05:35 PM
Deadguy / Beholderkin OOC

Warren Murdock (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2804305) || Beholderkin IC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657113-Beholderkin-Isekai)

Skarre (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2818520) || Deadguy IC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657114-Clockwork-Isekai-Solo-Advanture-IC&p=25799468#post25799468)

beholderkin
2023-06-10, 06:13 PM
Deadguy / Beholderkin OOC

Nice. Hey, as you suggested an Akashic class, can you tell me the process of using Veils? I found that it takes an hour to 'shape' your veils (like preparing spell slots, I think), and that it takes a swift action to 'invest' essence into a veil (which I think activates it, but might just be for adding extra powers to it by the poor way it is worded) and that that effects of veils can then be voluntarily suppressed, resumed, or reformed if sundered/dropped/disarmed in the case of veils that create weapons.

But nowhere am I finding a mention of a duration for veils, or if they are active before or only after investing essence into them? Does it just last all day and gets more powerful if you invest essence, or does it only activate after investing essence into it?

Really cool stuff, but they did kind of a poor job in writing the explanations for new users of the veilweaving system.

Deadguy
2023-06-10, 06:22 PM
They last all day long, they have a base ability and extra power for essence. Essence stays where you put it until you want to change it, as a swift action.

You gain binds as you level that give even stronger power.

beholderkin
2023-06-10, 06:31 PM
Okay, that is pretty cool. I think I'll plan to shape Machinist's Power Armor (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Machinist%27s_Powered_Armor) when not using a mech, and swap out the Inertia Armor for something more utility-based, maybe. Too theme-appropriate not to. "Plates of interlocking metal shape themselves around your back and shoulders, folding out into an interlocking suit of gleaming futuristic armor at your command."

Probably bind Crystals of Radiance (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Crystals_of_Radiance) when I do plan on using the mech, because...floating laser pistol turrets.

Deadguy
2023-06-10, 07:01 PM
Sounds perfect for your character.

beholderkin
2023-06-11, 06:29 AM
I swapped out the Powerful Build Customization (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Astral_Suit) for Lesser Shape Veil and Weapon Emulation to make the Machinist's Powered Armor & a built-in deployable Rapier a part of Machanical Body (Astral Suit).

So, I decided to go with Hardlight Bulwark (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Hardlight_Bulwark) for his starting shaped veil for the Soulforge class, and swapped Inertial Armor power from Unlocked Talent for Entangling Ectoplasm. I also adjusted his attribute distribution to be a little more balanced, and not quite so offense-based.

Now he has fast deploying weapons, armor, shield/cover, and vehicle (Soulforged the Soul of the Helmsman for a motorcycle vehicle companion). I can't think of a better 'out of the box' setup to start an adventure with.

Just need to figure out equipment, now. You want to do max, average, or roll for starting wealth?

Warren Murdock (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2801202)
Male C/N Human Soulgunner // Integrator // Soulforge, Level 1, Init 4, HP 12/12, Speed 30'
AC 23, Touch 13, Flat-footed 20, CMD 15, Fort 4, Ref 6, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1, Power Points 7/7
Mind Gun: Nagant M1895 Revolver +8 (2d6, 20/x4)
Weapon Emulation: Rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
Veil: Machinist's Powered Armor (+9 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 11
Condition None
(the Machinist's Powered Armor will always be folded away so as not to impede movement speed, but can be deployed as an immediate action, so it will be deployed before any non-surprise attack, so the statblock only changes when deploying the hardlight bulwark)

Deadguy
2023-06-11, 07:16 AM
Let’s do either max starting gold or one of the well-equipped adventurer packages with 5 gp left. I dont track weight or food so long as some is purchased. I normally just charge a living fee per day of 0.5 gp to cover things like food, inns, etc.

beholderkin
2023-06-11, 08:42 AM
Still waffling on the Weapon Emulation customization vs taking the Call Weaponry power for a melee option, since it would get a +1 attack/damage from the Arm of the Augmented Blade psibertech. It would be a more limited option based on power point expenditure, instead of an at-will option, but would also scale later on with power augments.

It would also free up a feat (Extra Customization), as I wouldn't need the extra point. Currently considering something like Master Chef (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Chef) for an extra veil bind that gives backup knives as weapons in a pinch, and some utility at-will Psi-Like Abilities (Ectoplasmic Creation for anything kitchen or dining room related, as well as Create Water and Spark). Any thoughts?

Deadguy
2023-06-11, 09:02 AM
Never messed with anything like chef before. To me it just matters if it’s on theme. Is he going to have some cooking skill and a love for it? Making sure he tries new foods in each place, looks for spices in dungeons, etc? Is his gun a flamethrower to cook his enemies? Just some ways to work it in.

beholderkin
2023-06-11, 09:11 AM
Never messed with anything like chef before. To me it just matters if it’s on theme. Is he going to have some cooking skill and a love for it? Making sure he tries new foods in each place, looks for spices in dungeons, etc? Is his gun a flamethrower to cook his enemies? Just some ways to work it in.

I'm thinking of him as a bachelor, but poor (on disability, because he was missing an arm) so he has to cook at home rather than eating out because budget, eventually having gotten pretty good at it. Engineer in the military, explaining his basic firearm and engineering knowledge, but medically discharged due to health issues (having an arm blown off, now fixed with the new Isekaid nanobot-infused body).

So, he would start with 3 veil bindings, from 3 seperate veilweaving sources. Chef's Armory from a feat, Machinist's Powered Armor from an astral suit customization, and Hardlight Bulwark (that can be replaced as-needed each day) from his actual veilweaving class.

An extra Akashic Recipe is also something to spend some starting wealth on, so he starts with 3.

Deadguy
2023-06-11, 09:26 AM
Sounds very solid. And I can relate to the background story.

On a different note, could my character start at 5 instead of 3? I’d like him to be able to craft his own gear to start.

beholderkin
2023-06-11, 09:32 AM
Sounds very solid. And I can relate to the background story.

On a different note, could my character start at 5 instead of 3? I’d like him to be able to craft his own gear to start.

Yeah, I can scale things up to level 5 without issue. I plan on having your guy get put into a 'Character Creation' process during the Isekai process, and you'll get a 'Veteran Character' bonus to start at higher than level 1. Equipment will be selected last, and if you have the ability to craft anything, such equipment will be discounted appropriately. All Artificer level 1-5 craft pools are simply combined for this process.

Deadguy
2023-06-11, 12:30 PM
Sounds great. Hopefully, I’ll have your game up tomorrow and my sheet done.

Deadguy
2023-06-11, 09:56 PM
I pinned both our characters on the opening post. I’ll put the IC link up there too when I’ve got it done. Feel free to provide thoughts / concerns regarding my character.

beholderkin
2023-06-12, 05:23 AM
I pinned both our characters on the opening post. I’ll put the IC link up there too when I’ve got it done. Feel free to provide thoughts / concerns regarding my character.

If you could include the actual current range on the warpike's range increment (such as: Reach 10') so I can easily reference it for when you might get attacks of opportunity and the like, that would be helpful for me. I could also use a note somewhere with the process used to persist Shield and Wraithstrike would be helpful. I don't usually do a lot of spell-persisting myself, so I could use a note for reference.

I see all your fighter stuff is all boomerang related, but you've got no actual boomerang - can I inquire about your plans for that?

Finally, I just wanted to mention that the Insightful Reflexes feat (Complete Adventurer, p. 110) changes your Reflex saves from being Dex-based to Int-based instead, if you ever want to work it in somewhere. That would also allow you to drop Dex by 2 points and pump them into Wis in order to eek out another +1 Will Save on top of the +3 to Reflex you'd get with the feat. Assuming you don't need a 10 Dex for some future plan.

Deadguy
2023-06-12, 05:44 AM
The boomerang stuff ties into the aptitude weapon, letting me treat the aptitude weapon as a boomerang for all weapon specific feats. I intend on getting an exotic ranged weapon with it as well when I have more income.

beholderkin
2023-06-12, 06:07 AM
The boomerang stuff ties into the aptitude weapon, letting me treat the aptitude weapon as a boomerang for all weapon specific feats. I intend on getting an exotic ranged weapon with it as well when I have more income.

Ah! Okay, now it falls into place for me. The mental image of a mechanus-armored dwarf flinging a warpike around as a boomerang is pretty hilarious, not gonna lie. lol

Deadguy
2023-06-12, 06:53 AM
Got an initial post up for your ic.

beholderkin
2023-06-12, 07:03 AM
And here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657114-Clockwork-Isekai-Solo-Advanture-IC&p=25799468#post25799468) is yours. :)

beholderkin
2023-06-12, 07:14 AM
Also, while I glossed over the character creation screen's mechanics, if you want to role-play that selection process out before being dumped in a fantasy world, please feel free to dos so if desired. I left it vague so you could add the flavor of fluff there that you'd like.

Or, just roll with the punches and immediately start off adventuring. Up to you!

Deadguy
2023-06-12, 07:15 AM
Happy gaming! And as a side, very impressed with your polished posts. I’m going to have to step up my game.

beholderkin
2023-06-12, 07:19 AM
Ha! I appreciate it! I write when I'm bored, and have been doing so for years, so I can get unnecessarily wordy whenever i start typing. If you would like more succinct posts, just let me know and I will pare down. I know that not everyone wants to read a novel while trying to game. lol

Also, if the artwork gets annoying, let me know and I'll stop adding it in. Otherwise, I'll throw more artwork in as appropriate. I use an ai program to generate it as-needed when possible.

Deadguy
2023-06-12, 07:22 AM
Wow that’s cool! I dig the art. I do most of posting from a phone so coding things in can be tedious, but I’ll try to get you well written posts regardless.

beholderkin
2023-06-12, 07:37 AM
Wow that’s cool! I dig the art. I do most of posting from a phone so coding things in can be tedious, but I’ll try to get you well written posts regardless.

When I have to post from my phone, I usually just use voice-to-text and then scroll back to double check and make minor corrections like adding quotation marks and the like. I'm form the US but live in Germany, so my phone is German and uses a German keyboard layout which makes everything infinitely harder in English. Easier to just speak and make corrections as needed than try to actually type with it. It is similar to the English keyboard, but the Y and Z are switched, and there are all the special characters crammed in with the rest (ü, ä, ö, ß, etc) making all the keys even smaller. I miss slide-out mechanical keyboards for phones so much.

A better time:
https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Samsung-Intercept-M910-Steel-gray-Sprint-Smartphone/07/!!eCInBQ!WM~$(KGrHqJ,!h!E0fTdt1iHBNRGg4fOGQ~~_32.J PG

Deadguy
2023-06-12, 10:10 AM
My spot and listen didn't post.

[roll0]
[roll1]

beholderkin
2023-06-14, 05:58 AM
If you want to do the confirmation of criticals (I don't use them in my games, so you don't have to worry about confirming - just edit and notate it in parenthesis after the roll, please), [roll0]

Also, I don't know if I mentioned, but I just used all 300gp starting gold for 2 extra Akashic Recipes (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Akashic_Cooking) (150gp each) and just decided to lean into the 'Niffty new powers, self-sufficient but broke' concept, so Warren started with abilities that mimic gear, but no actual external gear except maybe clothes. His actual clothes from earth? Or, he's just naked and bare cheeked-up under his Machinist's Powered Armor, which would also be funny.

Deadguy
2023-06-14, 06:37 AM
He’d still have everything on his person that he did sitting at the desk. Clothes for sure. Maybe even his cellphone if he thought of using the flashlight to get to the breaker.

I’ll use the same rules as you when dm’ing so don’t worry about confirming crits.

beholderkin
2023-06-14, 07:06 AM
Ha! *checks himself* So black boxer briefs and socks, comfortable jeans, plain black v-neck cotton t-shirt, off-brand shoes (with zippers on the sides with the actual laces glued in place), cheap Chinese knock-off android smart phone filled with audiobooks and memes, set of house keys on a carbineer clipped to a belt loop, and a miniature front-pocket wallet with now-useless debit card, grocery store rewards cards, driver's license, and a coupon for a free scoop at his local ice creamery. Gotcha. lol

Deadguy
2023-06-14, 10:01 PM
Should my dwarf use crossbows or guns as his ranged option? I’m leaning toward crossbows just because you’re already using guns and the cogs and winches fit his steampunk better than high tech. Thoughts?

beholderkin
2023-06-15, 06:51 AM
Should my dwarf use crossbows or guns as his ranged option? I’m leaning toward crossbows just because you’re already using guns and the cogs and winches fit his steampunk better than high tech. Thoughts?

Between the two, I'd actually suggest crossbows because in 3.5 there are much more crossbow options in terms of actual equipment, as well as feats and such. But because of your stats, being able to add your Strength to your ranged attack rolls is going to be overall more useful since ranged is only useful into you can shove your Warpike in their face. Since you're already specced for melee in terms of stats, any ranged attacks you use are going to be secondary no matter what (not specced for Master Thrower or anything similar because of feat requirements).

However, if you were to make a pair of Horizon Goggles (Complete Mage, p. 133) for 8k and a Greater Crystal of Return for 4k, and an actual boomerang that you are already specced for a priority for the near-future, it would likely become the best ranged option your build can easily support without more specialized equipment. If you throw in the Hide-Away ability as well, it could fold up, lending to more of a 'clockwork' theme if you wanted to prose it that way.

beholderkin
2023-06-16, 07:08 AM
I have an event planned that will allow you to briefly return to the 'Avatar Creation Menu' to make any last-minute changes to your character, so keep in mind any changes you might want to make once you've reached that point.

I know I always come up with cool ideas only after starting with a new character, so I usually try to give the option to make adjustments to others, if the story allows.

Deadguy
2023-06-16, 09:01 AM
That’s a great idea. I’m the same way, always thing of other possibilities. Let me know if you’d like the same option down the line.

Deadguy
2023-06-16, 03:34 PM
I’m already thinking, I’d probably like to change the character to a master of magic since yours is tech.

beholderkin
2023-06-17, 06:48 AM
Can you point out the rules in question? I think I may have misword something in my house rules list (O_o).

Only some things should stack, but even then 'only up to your ECL'. This is meant to prevent someone from taking all classes that advance a single thing, like taking Rogue 5 / Ninja 5 / Spellthief 5 to stack abilities in order to have a +8d6 sneak attack at level 5. Such a character would instead cap at +3d6 because that's the most you can have with the best class's progression of sneak attack at level 5. Mostly to keep encounters balanced so progression isn't ramped like crazy because I have to throw higher CR encounters at the character(s), which grants very accelerated xp growth & leveling up every week can cause the game to get out of hand very quickly. lol

And yes, I wouldn't mind a chance to tweak, as I seemed to have made a minor mistake with the traits (I'm not 100% familiar with pathfinder yet, only having cherry-picked rules to include in 3.5 games, so wasn't aware of the rule barring more than 1 trait from each category, and currently have 2 Combat traits, so will need to change one). Possibly switch Trickshot Soul (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Trickshot_Soul) to Trap Finder (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/mummy-s-mask/trap-finder/) to get Disable Device as a class skill and have his previous profession aspiration be Locksmith before military service, but that career became a pipe dream when he lost his arm in the service.

I also think I'd like to swap the level 1 feat (Deadly Aim) and the bonus combat feat from Soulforge (Rapid Fire) as well. I'm thinking Adorn Akashic Treasure (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Adorn_Akashic_Treasure) specifically for the Extradimentional Tear (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Akashic_Treasures#Extradimensional_Tear) treasure, and Weapon Proficiency for the exotic weapon Estoc (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/estoc), for a more solid melee option with Call Weaponry power to balance things a little better between ranged and melee. It is finessable like the Rapier, but with better damage that would scale to match his existing ranged option (2d6) with the right Astral Suit customizations.

But, that can all be done if/when the story gets to a place where he has the option. No rush. :)

Deadguy
2023-06-17, 07:06 AM
Looking back at the message, you’re right. They only stack up to class level. And only certain things. That’s my mistake for not going back and reading more carefully.

As far rebuilding bits, I’m sure I can work it in.

beholderkin
2023-06-17, 07:30 AM
Sounds good!

Oh, and tomorrow morning, my wife and I are going out of town until Wednesday (Disneyland: Paris) to celebrate her starting her new job next month. I should be back Wednesday night (It's a 5 hour drive and we check out Wednesday morning) and try to post then, but I'll be MIA until then starting tomorrow morning. Apologies for the short notice, but I'd thought the trip was next weekend until my wife mentioned packing and I had to play it cool like I totally knew all along.

Deadguy
2023-06-17, 07:42 AM
No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

beholderkin
2023-06-17, 07:48 AM
No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem. I'm on disability, so the days kind of blur together for me and I usually only know what day of the week it is when my wife tells me. She's German, so she is like a walking planner/organizer/calendar. Most days, I just wake up and she tells me what's going on and what we're doing that day. Every day is a potential adventure.

Deadguy
2023-06-19, 05:48 PM
Same here, medical retirement and my wife does the exact same thing for me.

For a rebuild, I’m torn between a dragon wizard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2804046) going Incantatrix for all the persisting, or an undead dread necromancer going tainted scholar for the chance to play an ‘evil’ isekai. (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2805120) I'm leaning toward the undead, as it doesn't use dragon magazine.

beholderkin
2023-06-21, 03:29 PM
I'm back!

Your change to update your build is coming up (inside the Adventurer's Guild). We can pause at that time, if needed for you to work on your character sheet. If you would like any help with your build, let me know! I love me some theorycrafting.

Deadguy
2023-06-21, 03:40 PM
Welcome back. I hope the trip was enjoyable. Never braved any Disney myself.

beholderkin
2023-06-21, 03:49 PM
Welcome back. I hope the trip was enjoyable. Never braved any Disney myself.

Honestly, I think its a waste of money. But, happy wife = happy life. lol

Deadguy
2023-06-21, 07:11 PM
I think both of the sheets are pretty close to completion, it really just depends on which one you'd prefer to continue to run a story for.

beholderkin
2023-06-22, 07:06 AM
I am assuming the 9,000 xp cost for 18 points of Wisdom in a Spell-stitched Creature, and the 1,000 xp cost of Necropolotin are what is starting you off at level 1 with 0xp despite being technically 5th level with 10,000xp? That math more or less checks out to me, at least. However, the 1,000gp price tag of the template is missing the additional material costs for the spells used to imbue spell-like abilities with material components like Magic Jar (+100gp) or Animate Dead (+25gp per maximum effective HD, the exact amount chosen at creation), etc.

Two minor things to update:

The undead, having a Wis of 18, would have only have access to up to 5th level SLAs rather than 6th level SLAs according to the template's chart. The inspired use of Magic In The Blood to math things out in order to get all of the SLAs to 3/Day is very clever! I will allow swapping out one or both 1st level SLAs for At-Will Cantrips of the appropriate schools instead, if desired. Also, you can select from the Universal School as well as the normal Conjuration / Necromancy / Evocation schools the Spellstitched can normally be imbued with, for all your SLAs.

Lastly, using the Complete Arcane (p. 162) template for Spell-Stitched Creature, the Spell Resistance should be '10 + the Base Creature's Charisma Modifier', and would be 15 instead of the 19 listed.

Synergistic Class Options

Dread Necro is always a decent choice, especially for an undead for the at-will undead-healing touch attack. Though I've never actually seen someone play a Hexblade and enjoy it, in light of all the better options - especially with such a high Wisdom and Charisma score. Cleric, Druid variant, Favored Soul (using Biscuit Class Fix), Paladin, or even Warlock seem like they would be of a lot more benefit and more synergistic with the build.

Paladin would work especially well to cover your combat options because it would let you switch to Bone Knight (Five Nations, p. 117) after 4th level. Bone Knight synergizes with Dread Necromancer extremely well, and gets a skeletal horse starting at its second level (earliest 6th level character), and lets you keep all the good paladin class features. You'd have the paladin weapon options, +5 Cha bonus to all saves, Destroy Living (As Destroy Undead, but with negative energy instead of positive energy), and some secondary spellcasting options (Blackguard list for an Evil Paladin) plus the various undead bonuses of the Bone Knight. I suggest planning to take Battle Caster (Complete Arcane, p. 75) at level 3 if you go that route, in order to benefit from the Medium Armor version of the Bone Knight's Bonecraft Armor.

Hard to beat the image of a spell-slinging undead necromancer evil anti-paladin riding around on a skeleton horse while wearing bone armor and wielding a bone weapon that does extra damage to the living. I mean...if you're into that kind of thing. ;)

Deadguy
2023-06-22, 09:06 AM
I agree with just about all of your assessments. I completely forgot about Bone Knight. I’ll make those changes when I get free time to post everything today. We’re trying to get our house built and the paperwork is extreme.

beholderkin
2023-06-22, 09:58 AM
I agree with just about all of your assessments. I completely forgot about Bone Knight. I’ll make those changes when I get free time to post everything today. We’re trying to get our house built and the paperwork is extreme.

I love the Bone Knight's flavor. But, I hate the 'Now you're stuck with this armor, and if it gets sundered or destroyed, you die' factor you get stuck with at level 8, so always end up jumping off after level 6 when it gets the cool bone weapon. I'm going to shoot Biscuit a message on Whatsapp. She's a sucker for fixing cool concept classes with stupidly worded mechanics. Maybe she'll throw down a Class Fix for it.

beholderkin
2023-06-22, 04:35 PM
I think both of the sheets are pretty close to completion, it really just depends on which one you'd prefer to continue to run a story for.

Speaking of Which, if/when Warren gets a chance to alter a few minor things with his build, I'll go with this (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2804305) character sheet. It simply changes the following:

Trait: Trickshot Soul (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Trickshot_Soul) to Northern Ancestry (https://www.aonprd.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Northern%20Ancestry)
Level 1 Feat: Deadly Aim (http://https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/deadly-aim-combat/) to Adorn Akashic Treasure (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Adorn_Akashic_Treasure) (Adorning Extradimentional Tear (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Akashic_Treasures#Extradimensional_Tear) to Chef's Armory (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Chef%27s_Armory) veil)
Soulforge Lvl 1 Bonus Combat Feat: Rapid Shot (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/rapid-shot-combat/) to Exotic Weapon Procifiency - Estoc (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/estoc)
Background Skill: Knowledge (Engineering) to Profession (Locksmith)
Skill Point: 1 Rank of Knowledge (Psionics) to 1 Rank of Disable Device

Also, I've already included it in that new sheet, but when Warren next rests for 8 hours he will reform his Machanical Body (Astral Suit) to a different configuation (Aegis), and bind a different veil (Soulforge) :

Astral Suit Customization: Robotic Enhancement (Repair (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Robot_Upgrades#Repair_(1_UP))) to Robotic Enhancement (Improved Attack - Melee (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Robot_Upgrades#Improved_Attack_(1_UP)))
Astral Suit Customization: Less Shape Veil (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Astral_Suit#1-Point_Customizations_2) (Machinist's Powered Armor (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Machinist%27s_Powered_Armor)) to Lesser Shape Veil (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Astral_Suit#1-Point_Customizations_2) (Goldhoard Vestments (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Goldhoard_Vestments))
Soulforge Bound Veil: Hardlight Bulwark (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Hardlight_Bulwark) to Machinist's Powered Armor (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Machinist%27s_Powered_Armor)

These changes mean that he loses a 2nd ranged attack iteration, but gain a better melee weapon option, he'll have a built-in extradimentional space, and he'll be able to transmute held objects worth at least 1gp that weighs less than 100lbs into coins (standard 50% market value sell price), which just seems too Isekai not to use - no need to go back into town and try to sell junk when you can just poof it into coinage by yourself.

Deadguy
2023-06-22, 08:05 PM
Here's your chance to make the changes! And yes, I'm using the old game Palladium's map. I always loved the setting and have all the books, I just disliked the system itself.

I've made the changes on the undead sheet as well. And yes, the xp set to 0 is to cover the costs of the templates.

beholderkin
2023-06-23, 04:12 AM
Here's your chance to make the changes! And yes, I'm using the old game Palladium's map. I always loved the setting and have all the books, I just disliked the system itself.

I've made the changes on the undead sheet as well. And yes, the xp set to 0 is to cover the costs of the templates.

Blatantly using other systems maps is a tried and true method of DM planning (read: improvisation) dating as far back as the original DnD tabletop game. I think my mom actually used a map of middle earth from the a The Fellowship of the Ring book she'd read nearly to dust in the first game she played with my dad almost 40 years ago. Totally valid method! lol

Deadguy
2023-06-23, 06:36 AM
Updated the first post with your new sheet.

I decided to go warlock. I didn’t feel like bone knight would give an already undead much. All of the immunities are baked in.

beholderkin
2023-06-24, 05:45 AM
Updated the first post with your new sheet.

I decided to go warlock. I didn’t feel like bone knight would give an already undead much. All of the immunities are baked in.

If you are going Warlock, you might want to swap out the Animate Dead SLA, since once you hit level 6, you'll get access to The Dead Walk (https://srd.dndtools.org/srd/magic/invocations/invocations/invocationscarc.html#THE%20DEAD%20WALK) invocation that does that at-will (for 1 minute), with the option to make them permanent like the spell with the standard material component.

It would free up that 3rd level SLA for something offensive like Shivering Touch, Vile Lance, or Fireball, etc. Or something more utility-focused like Skull Watch, or Leomund's Tiny Hut, etc. As an aside, any SLAs you take with a duration in hours would essentially become 'all day' eventually by level 8 at the latest, as they would all be at least 3/Day, and then cover all 24 hours of the day.

Lastly, instead of Half-Fiend, if you wanted to lean into SLAs and the Magic in the Blood feat, I would suggest using Lesser Fey'Ri instead of Illumian as your base race. Better attribute modifiers, Winged Flight, at-will Alter Self (Humanoid), and selection from a number of abilities (including several different SLAs that would benefit from Magic in the Blood). The lesser variant would be a +0LA without a greater ability, and only a +1 with a greater ability. And it still qualifies to become a Necropolitan as a Humanoid - keeping all of it's original abilities, and losing the hit to Con since as an undead, you wouldn't have a Con score.

Fey'ri have the following racial traits:

Abilitiy Score Mods: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution.
Type: Humanoid (Planetouched)
Size: Medium
Speed: Fey'ri land speed is 30 feet. When in their winged form, they may fly at a speed of 40 feet with a maneuverability rating of Poor.
Low-light vision: Fey'ri can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar cnditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Immunities: Magic sleep spells and effects.
Save Bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells and effects.
Alter self (Sp): Fey'ri can use alter self at-will to assume any humanoid form of Medium or Small size, and can remain in that form indefinitely.
Skill Bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
Elven Blood: For all abilities and effects, a fey'ri is considered an elf. Fey'ri, for example, can use or create elven weapons and magic items with racially specific elven powers as if they were elves.
Demonic Abilities: Every fey'ri has four special abilities drawn from the following list:
Charm Person (Sp) 1/Day
Clairaudience|Clairvoyance (Sp) 1/Day
Damage Reduction 10/Magic*
Darkness (Sp) 1/Day
Detect Thoughts (Sp) 1/Day
Dimension Door* (Sp) 1/Day
Enervation* (Sp) 1/Day
Fire Resistance 10
Suggestion (Sp) 1/Day
+2 racial bonus on saves against electricity
+2 racial bonus on saves against poison

Fey'ri spell-like abilities use the fey'ri's character level for the effect. the DC is Charisma-based. A fey'ri can only have one ability from the list that is marked with an asterisk (*), and any fey'ri with one of these three abilities has a higher level adjustment that a fey'ri without one.
Level Adjustment: +0. Lesser Fey'ri with a greater demonic ability (notated with an asterisk) are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than the common races of Faerun, so with damage reduction, the dimension door, or enervation spell-like abilities, they would have a level adjustment of +1 instead of +0.

Deadguy
2023-06-24, 06:52 AM
I think I’ve got the sheet complete.

beholderkin
2023-06-24, 03:13 PM
I think I’ve got the sheet complete.

Looks good! If you're happy with it, go ahead and switch the stat sheet and post whenever you're ready to continue. :)

Deadguy
2023-06-24, 03:49 PM
I’m torn on Monk monastic training for ardent or psi warrior. The bonus feats would be useful but ardent has a way better power selection.

She has basically turned into a claw lock with a side of dread necro.

beholderkin
2023-06-24, 04:08 PM
I’m torn on Monk monastic training for ardent or psi warrior. The bonus feats would be useful but ardent has a way better power selection.

She has basically turned into a claw lock with a side of dread necro.

You could also do Soulknife or Ninja from Biscuit's Big Book of Class Fixes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25626397&postcount=328). Both have a 'Psionic Talent' alternative class feature that gives them access to the Psychic Warrior + Kineticist or Psychic Rogue + Shaper power lists respectively. Could use the Soulknife's Mind Blade for Melee and the Eldritch Blast for ranged and just not worry about weapons at all. Both classes also have multiclassing feats that helps cover lost levels for multiclassing.

Though, if you look at any of their class fixes, I think Mountebank (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?651648-Biscuit-s-Straight-Forward-Mountebank-Fix&p=25638843#post25638843) works best for your demon lady. Not only does it give more SLAs, an immediate scaling a gaze attack, and a lot of utility, but also have Fey-Ri Substitution Levels that grants the same effect as Magic in the Blood feat, freeing up an extra feat for your build at level 1. No psionics, though.

I normally go Psion (Shaper) any time I mess with Psionics (or just dip Psychic Warrior for Inertial Armor + Force Screen while qualifying for Pyrokineticist (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/pyrokineticist.htm) or one of its alternate element variants (https://web.archive.org/web/20130531122337/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625e)) and go the Constructor (https://web.archive.org/web/20140614054048/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625b) route because a small squad-in-a-can of customizable mooks made of ectoplasm is too fun.

Deadguy
2023-06-24, 05:43 PM
Ok, with Biscuit's fixes, I'm set on going Monk / Soulknife. Plan is to dual-wield mind blade spiked gauntlets, using eldritch claws to up the melee threat.

The image of a demoness using energy fingernails to cut through people when she isn't bending reality is really appealing to me.

beholderkin
2023-06-25, 06:05 AM
Ok, with Biscuit's fixes, I'm set on going Monk / Soulknife. Plan is to dual-wield mind blade spiked gauntlets, using eldritch claws to up the melee threat.

The image of a demoness using energy fingernails to cut through people when she isn't bending reality is really appealing to me.

Sounds like a plan!

Deadguy
2023-06-25, 06:07 PM
Are you ok with the High Psionics Variant of Mindblade, combined with the bonus feats acf?

beholderkin
2023-06-26, 08:18 AM
Are you ok with the High Psionics Variant of Mindblade, combined with the bonus feats acf?

Yeah, I've no problem with that.

beholderkin
2023-06-26, 05:05 PM
Sorry I was slow posting today. Had errands this afternoon, and have been suffering a major sinus infection all day and ended up just wrapped in a blanket drinking tea instead of doing anything afterwards. I hate being sick. Now my wife is getting the sniffles as well. Ugh.

Deadguy
2023-06-26, 05:42 PM
No worries. I hear whiskey and honey cures all things!

beholderkin
2023-06-27, 02:29 PM
No worries. I hear whiskey and honey cures all things!

I believe you! But sadly, I don't drink, and I'm very diabetic. lmao

beholderkin
2023-06-28, 04:04 PM
Dark Shadow? (o_O)

The only 4HD shadow-related outsider I know by heart is a Shadow Mastiff (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shadowMastiff.htm). Can you point me in the right direction to the details of the type of entity summoned?

Deadguy
2023-06-28, 04:27 PM
There are almost no undead that are extra-planar, so I added the Dark (https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/dark.shtml) template to Shadow (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shadow.htm).

beholderkin
2023-06-28, 04:42 PM
There are almost no undead that are extra-planar, so I added the Dark (https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/dark.shtml) template to Shadow (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shadow.htm).

Ah! Thus making it technically extraplanar. Now it makes sense, and I can hash out what it can and can't do if/when you're not there. Thank you. :)

And yeah, all the Outsider (Extraplanar) critters are pretty much all mid-to-high level. Things like Bodaks (9HD), Blood Fiend (12HD), Devourer (12HD), Visage (12HD), Abyssal Ghoul (16HD), Nightwing (17HD), Shoosuva (18HD), Entropic Reaper (19HD), etc. Probably forgetting some, but likely not many. Not a common combination, sadly. Which is weird because it's a pretty cool concept as far as monsters go.

beholderkin
2023-06-28, 05:00 PM
My perception check didn't take, for some reason. [roll0]

Deadguy
2023-07-01, 05:16 PM
Do the goblins have magic weapons? In 3.5 incorporeal are immune to non-magic completely. Magic weapons suffer 50% miss chance.

beholderkin
2023-07-02, 04:38 AM
No, their weapons are not magical. I will include a (Magic) tag for such attacks. I just always include all possibly relevant rolls like miss chance rolls no matter what. That way the reaction is appropriate for what actually happened. So instead of saying 'they miss' it can be a more appropriate 'their attack hits squarely, but passes through the creature without seeming to do anything'. I like accuracy, as it lends itself to better environmental storytelling.

Also, the shadows missed the /'s to close their attack roll tags.

Deadguy
2023-07-02, 06:34 AM
Sorry about that. Sloppy editing on my part.

Touch [roll0]

Touch [roll1]

beholderkin
2023-07-02, 01:48 PM
If you want my to roll to confirm crits, here is such a roll: [roll0] vs Touch AC

Deadguy
2023-07-02, 02:54 PM
No confirmation needed, but nice roll!

beholderkin
2023-07-02, 03:07 PM
No confirmation needed, but nice roll!

"I don't need to learn magic! I have the power of gun. I cast...bullet!"

Deadguy
2023-07-02, 03:07 PM
Man, typing is really poor the last couple of days.

Touch Attacks [roll0] / [roll1]

beholderkin
2023-07-03, 05:49 AM
I know that feel. I really wish when you go to edit or quote rolls, it provided the roll codes instead of the abbreviations to make it easier to repeat actions. lol

beholderkin
2023-07-05, 06:34 AM
Feel free to make the initiative check in the OOC thread, so that if you go first, you can post all rolls without having to make an edit. I know how GitPG hates edit rolls. lol

Deadguy
2023-07-05, 03:45 PM
Ok I'll do that.

Initiative - [roll0]

beholderkin
2023-07-06, 07:16 PM
I did not tailor this encounter to Na'gatha, as you might asume from the Durthan prestige class's Telthor companion is a decent response to the shadows. I actually had this set up for the mechanical dwarf as a 'Nature vs Mechanical' fight, and it was supposed to happen in the clearing, but the shadows made that fight too short, so sadly no Call Lightning for Boss Gob. lol

Deadguy
2023-07-08, 08:02 AM
Have a very busy weekend. Will try to post Monday.

beholderkin
2023-07-08, 03:38 PM
Have a very busy weekend. Will try to post Monday.

No worries. Been working on my annual binge of Skyrim during the heat wave to keep myself occupied. lol

beholderkin
2023-07-12, 02:43 PM
Crossbow attack roll [roll0]

beholderkin
2023-07-19, 11:56 AM
Sorry I've been slow to post the last day or two. Had some unexpected financial setbacks that have necessitated quite a lot of paperwork, appointments, and scrambling to trouble-shoot some immediate issues, and my attention has been split the last couple days in too many directions. That damn 'Well, I'll get to it after this next issue...' always biting me in the arse because the issues never stop coming. I appreciate your patience.

Deadguy
2023-07-20, 04:12 PM
I get that, we're kinda in the same boat with building a house.

beholderkin
2023-07-22, 12:01 PM
I get that, we're kinda in the same boat with building a house.

My wife and I had a bit of a bomb drop on us and we've been stressing out trying to solve the new issue. We traded in our old car for a newer one and they told us after we returned the old car and picked up the new one that we 'no longer qualify for the loan'. So we have to give the new car back at the beginning of next month, leaving us without a vehicle and my wife with a 30 minute commute to work with no way to commute. We've been scraping together all our money and looking for the cheapest possible 'for now' car to see us through for the immediate future and the market for used cars is...not good. So we've been stressed AF and focused on that - including me spending the majority of my time updating all my gigs and bidding for freelance work while we scramble. We think we'll be alright, but it is going to come down to the wire at the end of the month.

Deadguy
2023-07-22, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. My panics are mostly trying to find paperwork bank for. It also seems to melt their brain that I'm retired at my age.

Deadguy
2023-07-23, 04:39 PM
Dang it, I just saw Biscuit's Bone Knight.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEQ6KQziIA9MnAFeNDq-AJlXpIKlOSCHRzMtvu9Jv6kDn8z16A7Di9aCPVqYZ4N3ohIWo&usqp=CAU

beholderkin
2023-07-24, 12:39 PM
Dang it, I just saw Biscuit's Bone Knight.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEQ6KQziIA9MnAFeNDq-AJlXpIKlOSCHRzMtvu9Jv6kDn8z16A7Di9aCPVqYZ4N3ohIWo&usqp=CAU

LMAO

I had a read myself and I like it. It negates the critical weakness of the class (making you straight up die if removing the armor after level 6, making Sunder your kryptonite), and having it lean more into the necromantic paladin feel and shore up its concept with more flavor and better mechanics, which I think if more appropriate than the amalgamation mish-mash it was before. Feels a lot less like a dip class and more like an actual self-contained build. I also like the fact that it is another viable non-standard mount-based class, along with Knight Phantom. There really are not enough of those, in my opinion. Basically why I blanket approve Biscuit resources. lol

If you'd like another opportunity to retool your build, let me know.

DM Roll: [roll0]

Deadguy
2023-07-26, 03:48 PM
My brain wants to implode. I keep looking at the build and with so many things it's doing or can be doing, I feel like I need to simplify something somewhere. I'll continue to play it as is until I can find a quest or something to rebuild, just wanted to share how I'm feeling regarding my character.

beholderkin
2023-07-27, 10:14 AM
My brain wants to implode. I keep looking at the build and with so many things it's doing or can be doing, I feel like I need to simplify something somewhere. I'll continue to play it as is until I can find a quest or something to rebuild, just wanted to share how I'm feeling regarding my character.

I'm out and about today (it's my birthday and my day has been nothing but errands and appointments lol), but I should have a post up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow

Deadguy
2023-07-27, 11:36 AM
Well, happy birthday anyway. Hopefully your day is enjoyable even with the errands.

beholderkin
2023-07-27, 04:55 PM
Appreciate it! I had a nice dinner with my wife. Tomahawk steak & roasted potatoes. :)

I've got a surgery coming up next month, so I had to move up some appointments. Since we need to return the car we have now (automatic, that I can drive) and we're picking up a replacement on Wednesday (Manual, which I cannot drive), all the appointments being rescheduled needed to be done sooner rather than later because my wife works during the day during the week, and is a half hour commute and can't take off to ferry me about the next few weeks because the only other person at her job is taking vacation. So the last few days have been hectic in the mad dash to finish everything important early.

This whole scramble to suddenly have to buy a used POS car we can afford to buy outright on short notice has been...stressful. And has caused a lot of chaos, which just magnifies the stress. C'est la vie.

Also, would you like a redo for the character when you have an orb interaction? If so, we can pause and do some buildcraft on a concept you would prefer, if you'd like.

Deadguy
2023-07-27, 06:41 PM
That’d be awesome.

beholderkin
2023-07-28, 05:02 AM
That’d be awesome.

Welp, now's your chance! We'll pause the games here while we work on your new build. I've already sent a message to Biscuit to correct some typos and give Bone Knight a once-over for wording so nothing gets clarified later after we may have started using it. Same creation guidelines as before. :)

If you really are interested in Bone Knight, the easiest entry looks to be the same as before. Paladin 4 / Bone Knight 1 on one side of the gestalt. Though, you could do Divine Caster 4 and enter Bone Knight that way, as long as the first 4 levels on the other side are of a full BAB class for that +4 BAB requirement as well.

What did you have in mind?

Deadguy
2023-07-28, 07:00 AM
I’m kind of leaning toward a mix up of the two builds. Something like an iron lich. A Necron if you’re into 40k.
Artificer 5 // Fighter 4 / Warblade 1 // Incarnate Warforged - Evolved (5) Spell-stitched Bone - Factotum 2.

Gives me things to do outside combat, a few item familiars to rp with if you want to give them personality, combat efficiency in persistent buffs and melee like the dwarf, and similar sla use to last build.

Most importantly undead robot feels cooler than undead demon.

Iron Lich (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2818520)

Deadguy
2023-07-28, 10:25 AM
Can you roll a disable device on the trap for me?

beholderkin
2023-07-28, 11:41 AM
Biscuit tells me she polished both the Bone Knight and Horned Harbinger fixes, if you'd like to look at either for inspiration.

Disable Device: [roll0] (Thankfully, there is no penalty for disabling devices for not having thieves' tools - just opening locks lol)

Deadguy
2023-07-28, 12:45 PM
Ok, I posted a link to a work in progress thought build on my last post. One of the biggest issues is what to do on the 3rd gestalt. Honestly considering dropping it and only taking 2 free Evolved for a normal gestalt instead of Tri. Factotum is only worth about 8 levels, and I don't know where to go after that.

If I wanted to do something nature-y, there's a ton of PRCs but being a woods guy tends to get a little boring when not in combat.

beholderkin
2023-07-28, 03:28 PM
What is it about Factotum that's calling to you? I've never understood why so many people build early levels around them. I thought if you were going for that aforementioned Necron feel, you'd pick something like Dread Necromancer. Also curious about the straight fighter build rather than swapping out Fighter/Warblade for Paladin/Bone Knight.

So, from what I gather, you're considering:

Incarnated Warforged Evolved Undead (x2) Netropolitan
Artificer || Fighter -- || Factotum
Artificer || Warblade || Factotum

Artificer, I definitely get, as it gives that sweet clockwork mechanical vibe. Fighter is alright I suppose, though both Artificer and Fighter have Warforged Substitution levels you may want to consider if you're looking at either:

Warforged Artificer Substitution Levels (Races of Eberron, p. 129):
1st level: Infuse Self (+1 to caster level for effects that target yourself)
4th level: Tools of War (whenever targeting a construct or arms and armor with an infusion he can heal his CHA bonus in damage. Also, craft reserve points count for double for constructs, arms, and amor); lose homunculus
5th level: Craft Weapon Familiar (craft an intelligent weapon that acts as a familiar); lose retain essence

Artificer Alternative Class Feature (City of Stormreach, p. 119):
4th level: Wand Bonding (Add Wand Bonding (CoS 119) to the list of available bonus feats @4)

Warforged Fighter Substitution Levels (Races of Eberron, p. 130): d12 hit dice; Add Craft and Intimidate to class skills
1st level: Battle Hardened (+3 to initiative checks and saves vs fear); lose bonus feat
2nd level: Bonus Warforged Feat; replaces Fighter feat
4th level: Body as Weapon (+2 damage with slams or warforged weapons); lose bonus feat

If you were to switch your weapon with a Warforged Component version, your weapon would get bonus damage from the 4th level of Fighter, and count as an intelligent item familiar from the 5th level of Artificer. For the purposes of Warforged Components, you are still technically a Warforged by race (Race: Necropolitan Incarnated Warforged, Type: Undead, Subtypes: Living Construct, Augmented). You could reshuffle to include the substitution levels for something like this:

Warforged Artificer || Warfrorged Fighter || Factotum?
Artificer ----------- || Warfrorged Fighter || Factotum?
Artificer ----------- || Fighter ------------- || Factotum?
Warforged Artificer || Warfrorged Fighter || Factotum?
Warforged Artificer || Warblade ---------- || Factotum?

Or, you could always nix the Fighter/Warblade to lean much more into the undead theme a bit more like this:

Warforged Artificer || Paladin ----- || Caster
Artificer ----------- || Paladin ----- || Caster
Artificer ----------- || Paladin ----- || Caster
Warforged Artificer || Paladin ----- || Caster
Warforged Artificer || Bone Knight || Caster

Caster can go several ways. Druid to add a nature theme, Cleric or Favored Soul for more undead themed spells, or Beguiler for the variety of buffs and utility stuff while keeping your casting stats as Int/Wis and picking up a secondary 'theme' or just enhancing the mechanical/necro theme you talked about, etc.

Just spitballing and trying to understand the thought process and end goals. :)

Deadguy
2023-07-28, 04:17 PM
I do like the paladin / bone knight. I was kinda stuck on the aptitude dazing weapon combo that a slash of fighter gets, but the paladin flavor is nicer. Especially if I can find a god that I like. I've always thought Wee Jas was pretty cool. You know any other Undead friendly gods that aren't just raving lunatics?

I also found Bone Creature from BoVD instead of Netropolitan. It can be applied to any creature and it doesn't mess with levels or gold. On the caster side, what are your thoughts? I don't really need an undead horde from Dread Necromancer. I was thinking the Favored Soul fix to focus on charisma instead of splitting it with wisdom. Something like Favored Soul 4 / Church Inquisitor 1

beholderkin
2023-07-28, 05:13 PM
Bone Creature doesn't have an ECL or level adjustment score, and so isn't normally rules legal for player character (and negates a lot of the benefits of classes like Bone Knight that progress to give you undead features while remaining in the land of the living). But, if you want to be a clockwork skeleton knight, I certainly won't stop you! The only 'balance' that needs to happen is you vs the world, after all.

For a caster, i would focus more on what you want to spec into as far as prestige class rather than what it adds right now. Basically all the prestige classes are better than the base classes, so you'll want to be perfectly set up for what you want to grow into at your next level.

So, if you want to go into something like Blighter, then druid is the obvious choice. Blighter gives you the ability to wild shape into skeletal undead versions and is very thematic, which is thematic and interesting. If you're interested in Talontar Blightlord, then Druid or Cleric is the way to go - it furthers divine casting and eventually upgrades combat power with a Glaive (that could be eventually be a Bonecraft Weapon via Bone Knight, further enhancing it without need for enchantment) and grants you an additional domain. Walker in the Wastes is an excellent (and comparatively fast) progression to lichdom if you don't mind giving up on full casting progression and can be entered with any divine class, but Druid or Cleric is a bit easier (you can also enter with an arcane class, but would eat all your feats to meet requirements).

If you're looking at something like force Missile Mage to replace the need for a ranged combat option, any caster would do, but I would suggest Sorcerer because the 5th level has a planar substitution level that deals with Force damage - you could even go further with the force concept and pick up Argent Savant after finishing up Force Missile Mage to further improve your force spells - offensive spells and the various mage armor spells alike. Summon Undead + class-enhanced Mass Mage Armor makes for an excellent squad-in-a-can option for when you just need some temporary numbers to control a situation while you rain down barrages of magic missiles, after all.

There are also Psionic classes to consider, rather than divine or arcane caster classes. Psions have some very excellent power options, and you could spec into Constructor to eventually throw out a whole squad of Astral Constructs configured however you need them to be for any given fight with just a single action. Alternatively, the Thrallherd gets a thrall (compelled/brainwashed Cohort) at 1st and 10th level, which would give you a more permanent sidekick option(s) without needing to use a feat. Psychic Warrior gets some of the bonus feats (and counts as a fighter) that you were looking at with Fighter, but also provides some utility options since levels in Paladin would cover your full BAB, and could still spec into a decent prestige class like Thrallherd, Diamond Dragon, or Crystal Master down the line as well.

If you wanted to spec into something like Renegade Mastermaker to fuse undead with some warforged power, then I suggest Sorcerer for the benefit of Repair spells that will work with any Constructs you forge as an Artificer, therefore doing double duty for you and your machines.

And there is the Warlock, Dragonfire Adept, and Montebank class if you just want to have some utility SLAs and extra combat or social options rather than worry about bookeeping yet more casting on top of Paladin/Bone Knight & Artificer.

Lastly, you don't have to take a caster class, or if you do, you don't have to plan for a full caster build. You could opt to go for more versatility or straight utility. For example, you could spec for entering Chameleon, or Master of Masks for the sheer versatility rather than 9th level spells at the end of the career. Honestly, it is more of a question of what you want to be able to do in terms of gameplay that you enjoy, rather than 'how powerful can I be', since it doesn't actually matter how powerful you are - the game can be rebalanced accordingly to account for that - but it matters a lot that you feel that you're able to do cool things that you enjoy. So in that way, picking classes with fun mechanics or unique features you think would be fun down the line is far more important than anything else. They don't all have to be things you can do right now, but also things you plan on growing into later. :)

As a side note, I highly suggest Techsmith for your Artificer prestige class after level 7.

As for gods dealing in the undead/necromancy who are not complete tools or raving lunatics, there is Evening Glory (https://srd.dndtools.org/srd/basic/gods.html#Evening%20Glory) (lesser goddess of love, beauty and immortality through undeath) and Afflux (https://srd.dndtools.org/srd/basic/gods.html#Afflux) (lesser god of inquiry, necromancy and death) to consider.

Deadguy
2023-07-28, 05:39 PM
Ok... think I got him sorted. Skarre (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2818520)

beholderkin
2023-07-28, 06:39 PM
Ok... think I got him sorted. Asphyxious (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2818520)

Some final notes:

If you want to pump Wisdom instead of Charisma to fuel your Paladin abilities for better synergy, the Serenity feat (Dragon Compendium) only requires Paladin 2 as a prerequisite and lets a Paladin use their Wisdom bonus in place of your Charisma bonus for purposes of grace, lay on hands, smite evil, and turn undead. Basically lets a Paladin have Charisma as a dump stat. The SLAs from the Spellstitched template are based off the Sorcerer who did the spellstitching, so their DCs use the minimum for their spell level rather than yours anyway.
As an Undead/Warforged, Purify Food & Drink won't be super useful for the character itself, so if there were any other options you were considering...
Don't forget your Paladin/Bone Knight (Blackguard) Spells! (Divine Favor, Knight Unburdened, Know Greatest Enemy, and Summon Undead 1 are excellent choices, IMO - Summoning spells suck at low-levels, but you can always have one charge down a trapped hallway for you!), You only have access to the bonus spells from high Wis, but still, spells are spells, yo! Also, if you take the feat Battle Blessing (Complete Champion, p. 55) at 5th level or later, all the standard action Paladin spells can be cast as Swift Actions. Not super helpful right now, but something to keep in mind later down the line, if you have the feat slot to spare later.
If you were to switch to using the Destroy Undead variant for the original Paladin class, it changes to Bolster Undead with the first level of Bone Knight, which would be great for healing minions later, and you get the ability to still use it like Rebuke Undead at level 2 of Bone Knight anyway, giving you the best of both worlds. Free stuff is free stuff. :)
Bone Knights do not retain the Smite ability from their Paladin levels.
Don't forget to keep track of any Crafting Reserve XP you have left from Artificer in case you want to use it before leveling up next. Waste not, want not!

Deadguy
2023-07-28, 07:11 PM
Ok, got it sorted. TY much.

beholderkin
2023-08-01, 03:39 PM
Sorry, first my wife had a bad chest cold, which she gave to me. Basically laid her out for 2 days and I had to fill her shoes, and then did the same to me an laid me out as well...but she was still sick when I caught it, so I still had to step up while feeling like death. Yay for 18-20 hours of fitful sleep each day and only waking up to feed dogs, make and consume tea with honey and lemon, eat food that we couldn't taste, and doing laundry every day because we were both sweating it out. Her fever hit 38.3° C (100.4° F), but thankfully I just got the chest cold, but not the fever.

Deadguy
2023-08-01, 04:10 PM
Dang, hope you’re both getting better. I’ve been lucky this year. Knock on wood.

beholderkin
2023-08-02, 04:18 AM
Dang, hope you’re both getting better. I’ve been lucky this year. Knock on wood.

Yeah, it has been a rough week. Today is the day we get the replacement POS car and get it registered so we can return the nice car, so we've got that stress on top of battling the chest colds. My wife feels a little better than before, but by no means well yet, and had to go into work anyway. We also need to get groceries, though I'm still trying to convince her to skip it this week and I'll just walk to the shop and grab things as we need them so she can rest more.

beholderkin
2023-08-07, 07:07 AM
Finally feel human again. I really hate being severely alergic to antibiotics. Even if I go to the doctor when I'm in a bad way, it's always "Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of bed rest. Oh, you can't breathe and laying down makes it even harder? Drink plenty of fluid and get plenty of bed rest. How do you get bed rest if laying down makes it hard to breathe? Well, just find a comfortable position. Oh, it's difficult to sleep when not laying down? Then you should lay down..." Sooooo helpful.

Deadguy
2023-08-07, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better.

Deadguy
2023-08-07, 09:09 AM
Bad guy initiative [roll0]

beholderkin
2023-08-09, 05:39 PM
I go into the hospital for surgery around the 22nd this month and so will be out of touch for a couple days around that time. Figured I would give you a heads-up for planning purposes. I'll have more precise details when the date comes closer.

Deadguy
2023-08-10, 12:03 PM
Ok. Best of luck on that. Thanks for the heads up.

beholderkin
2023-08-10, 12:07 PM
NGL, that armored goblin's crit one-shot me (-10hp). Even if it hadn't crit, the damage would have put me at -1 before the wolf and cook even started on a prone, unconscious, suddenly armorless target. lol

Deadguy
2023-08-10, 12:27 PM
That's what you think.... ISEKAI INITIATE!

beholderkin
2023-08-10, 04:09 PM
That's what you think.... ISEKAI INITIATE!

Can't lie, I heard battle music in my head while reading that. This song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Xeg8AUpv8) in particular, for some reason. Which is quite odd because I hadn't even thought of that song in like 5+ years. Still a banger tho! lol

Deadguy
2023-08-10, 04:38 PM
That's cool, I'm going to have to start listening to some of that stuff when I write to get into the mood. By the way, I'm using fast xp for you. Gaining levels is fun!

beholderkin
2023-08-19, 03:22 PM
Sorry for the slow posting this week. Found out that I suddenly have less than two months to take a government-recognized German language test as part of my visa renewal process and since my wife is currently laid up with a lung infection, I've been spending most of my time trying to find somewhere nearby to take the test without first taking a 6 month course I don't need because I'm already able to pass the test they would charge me 900€ to take classes for, and I need the test completed within the next 2 months.

This on top of the stress of going in for surgery this upcoming Tuesday and leaving my wife at home to fend for herself while I'm in recovery at the hospital. August has not been kind to me so far.

Deadguy
2023-08-20, 11:29 AM
Yeah, that sounds pretty rough. No worries about the slow posting, take all the time you need.

beholderkin
2023-08-21, 03:06 PM
I will post again when I get home from the hospital. I'm off to bed because go in in 9 hours (7am) to check in, because my surgery in the afternoon....of the following day. Gotta love German Bureaucracy.

beholderkin
2023-08-25, 06:00 AM
I lived!

You mentioned having Warren on the Fast track for XP. I had it set to Slow by default, so didn't realize he actually has exactly enough to be level 2. Did you wanna handle levels ups at rest periods to make it easier since Veils and such will change during rests anyway??

Deadguy
2023-08-27, 03:09 PM
Glad to hear the procedure went ok. I'll post something to get you an option to level. I think it's fun to level mid-combat like the Isekai's where the protagonist discovers new abilities.

beholderkin
2023-08-28, 05:53 AM
Glad to hear the procedure went ok. I'll post something to get you an option to level. I think it's fun to level mid-combat like the Isekai's where the protagonist discovers new abilities.

Definitely a classic! :)

https://media.tenor.com/images/07a698767be92354f1286bf2743cb8ac/tenor.gif

beholderkin
2023-09-01, 02:54 AM
Ha! Didn't even catch that that readied shot had rolled a Nat20 when I posted it.
https://media2.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExOGhqb2F1OTU1eDQzN2JkZm9pZTN5OGh hcm9ib3VqY2ZiMDc1Y2kyMCZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/yJFeycRK2DB4c/giphy.gif

Deadguy
2023-09-07, 08:34 AM
The companion uses the druid Wolf animal companion stats and is also gestalt, allowing you to add a class to the other side. It scales its level with yours just as an animal companion would.

Perhaps robo puppers?!

https://img.freepik.com/premium-photo/beautiful-wolf-cyborg-red-robot-modern-technology-pictures-ai-generated-art_210643-1761.jpg

beholderkin
2023-09-11, 02:26 PM
Perhaps robo puppers?!

Okay, ngl, that looks badass.

There is the the Synthetic Animal Companion Archetype (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/animal-companion-archetypes-by-other-publishers/animal-companion-archetypes-legendary-games/synthetic-animal-companion-archetype/), if you wanted to go that route. I certainly wouldn't mind. Seems the cybernetic enhancements start at level 3 so it would even give it a mini story arc of being infused with his nanobots to be more like him.

beholderkin
2023-09-12, 07:35 AM
Let me know what you think?

https://i.postimg.cc/bvtxv4Jv/Techno-Animal-Companion.jpghttps://img.freepik.com/premium-photo/beautiful-wolf-cyborg-red-robot-modern-technology-pictures-ai-generated-art_210643-1761.jpg

Byte (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2834130)
Female C/N Wolf Animal Companion (Synthetic) // Aegis (Integrator), Level 2, Init 2, HP 19/19, Speed 50' / 35'
AC 23, Touch 12, Flat-footed 21, CMD 16, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 2, CMB +4 Trip / +8 Grapple, Base Attack Bonus +2
Natural Tipping Bite +4 (1d6+2 + Trip + Grab, 20/x2)
Grab (Grapple) +8 (+2d8)
Ranged Attack +4 (1d8, 20/x2)
Machinist's Powered Armor (+9 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Condition None

Deadguy
2023-09-12, 08:26 AM
Looks good, nice and tanky!

beholderkin
2023-09-12, 11:32 AM
Looks good, nice and tanky!

Aegis is a great class because it lets you be...just about whatever you want. Eldritch abomination of tentacles? Yep! Cyborg? Totally. Tank? Very doable. Laser turret? Why not? Want to turn yourself into a vehicle or mech? Also a possibility! The amount of variations are myriad.

How to turn yourself into a Mech/Vehicle with just 2 customization points:
Robot Upgrade -> Mech Enhancement (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Robot_Upgrades#Mech_Enhancement_(1_UP)) -> Transformation (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/mech-enhancement#toc10)

Level 1 Aegis with no archetypes start 3 customization points. Adding the Integrator Archetype adds 2 free robot upgrades to that. So an Aegis could literally start play as one of three different styles of car, a motorcyle, a ship, or one of the three base mechs. Utter rediculousness. I love it. lol

Deadguy
2023-09-12, 12:21 PM
Wow, have to say I never really looked at it closely. I don't get to play much Pathfinder, let alone find a game where 3PP is allowed.

beholderkin
2023-09-12, 02:28 PM
Wow, have to say I never really looked at it closely. I don't get to play much Pathfinder, let alone find a game where 3PP is allowed.

Yeah. For another game, I recently started reading and learning about all the Sphere material. If you think being able to turn into a mech is ridiculous....man. That Spheres stuff can get insane. Super interesting, though.

I'm finding that while 3.5 can be broken in a lot of fun and interesting ways, PF is just out-of-the-box more powerful and very very poorly edited. Some of the 3.5 stuff is poorly edited as well, but PF really does just go "Oh, well this will be neat. How would it work with literally any other class/ability/item? No idea! Let the DM figure it out." lol

Deadguy
2023-09-13, 08:42 PM
Yeah, if I were to make a dream build in pathfinder, it’d be a dragon using spheres.

beholderkin
2023-09-14, 06:13 AM
Yeah, if I were to make a dream build in pathfinder, it’d be a dragon using spheres.

Now I'm just imagining a dragon-piloted voltron-like mech. Helmsman (Fleet Commander / Experimental Engineer) // Conscript with focus on the Pilot domain. Level 11, you'd be able to have 11 AI-powered mechs, all level 11 and then you could activate the Gattai Sequence (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/pilot#toc38) talent. You'd be able to stack so many Mech Enhancements (about 60ish?), you could basically have just about every Aegis Customization, Astral Construct Menu Option Power, Mech Enhancement, and Robot Upgrade there is that doesn't require a pilot level above 11. Oh, and you'd be a dragon. lol

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d7/33/9f/d7339fb646d49b6b3ecde0e093f2e1c9.jpg

Deadguy
2023-09-14, 01:38 PM
Yeah, that's the craziness I love. I like being able to GM a story and not really worry about the combat being too over the top, because the PCs are the ones over the top. But all of that still makes my head -

https://media.tenor.com/bD9vHNiR1rQAAAAd/boom-mind-blown.gif

beholderkin
2023-09-17, 09:31 AM
Yeah, even just certain spheres archetypes really ramp up the power level of classes. For example, the Vizier (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Vizier) akashic class is already the best veilweaving class. But if you pick up the Sphere Vizier (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/sphere-vizier) archetype, You get enough Magic Talents to not only replace everything you lose with the archetype, but even doing so means you'll have extra Magic Talents to spend on top of that with the freedom to pick up other spheres & talents, especially if you take drawbacks.

Spheres is totally insane. Good stuff. lol

Deadguy
2023-09-17, 07:05 PM
Forgot initiative [roll0]

beholderkin
2023-09-19, 04:54 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9d/ee/05/9dee058fe57c29f9dd73002885eabd01.jpghttps://2e.aonprd.com/Images/Monsters/Dinosaur_Ankylosaurus.png

Deadguy
2023-09-25, 06:47 AM
Everything ok?

beholderkin
2023-09-25, 04:45 PM
Sorry, my wife lost her job unexpectedly and we've been scrambling like mad because I have to start a German Language course in the next month in order to keep my residency and we've been busy this week scouring for resources to find something we can afford now that our monthly budget got suddenly slashed by 40% (unemployment insurance only pays 60% of net salary) and that puts us up against the wall in terms of monthly bills and food as it is. The normal course is €220 per month...for 6-8 months. Then another €800 at the end just to take the assessment test I need (German - A1) to be certified for. We'd planned on just paying for the test, but they moved up the time limit, so I haven't learned enough on my own to confidently pass it on the first attempt, and it is €800 each time you take it. And you can only take it three times.

I didn't actually realize how many days flew by as we've been running on nothing but instant noodles, stress, and utter hatred (for German bureaucracy).

I'll try to get some posts up after I've slept.

beholderkin
2023-09-29, 04:22 AM
Oh, and now my wife's ex boss decided to try to withhold her last paycheck and apparently never properly reported her working for him, thus completely screwing her ability to draw unemployment. All the bills are due in 2 days, and we're completely screwed, having to give the last of any money we had to hire a lawyer. If stress were money, I'd be a millionaire right now.

Deadguy
2023-09-29, 05:52 AM
Wow, that’s rough. Sorry to hear it. If you need some time, it’s completely understandable.