PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [3rd Party] Daevic Aspect (Evolution) question

Val666
2023-06-12, 09:50 PM
Hello everyone, currently cooking a Daevic for an upcoming game and I wanted to ask a question about the Daevic Aspect veil, specifically, the Evolution Passion. The veil has this text: "This veil gains the [Fleshwarp] and [Polymorph] descriptors. As a standard action, you can alter your form with evolutionary magics; select a single base form available to an eidolon. Your base movement speeds are changed to those of that base form, your size changes to Medium, your limbs are replaced by those of that base form, and you gain the natural armor bonus, abilities, natural attacks, and free evolutions of that base form.". Since the veil becomes a Polymorph effect, may I assume I'd lose any EX and SU abilities from my base form right? If my race has Darkvision I'd effectively lose any form of Darkvision since the veil gives you speeds, limbs, natural ac/attack, and free evolutions, but not any of the Special abilities from "Eidolons Base Statistics". However, it does include the word "abilities", which can be interpreted as including the Base Statistics too. Dark Vision and Evasion are abilities after all. What's your take on this?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Val666
2023-07-09, 09:13 AM
Bumping cuz help is needed UwU

vasilidor
2023-07-09, 03:07 PM
Sounds right. I see no issues with your interpretation. Except for anything that you would get from class abilities anyway. Those right over whatever form you take.