PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Your favorite Weapon Enchantment?

Elvensilver
2023-06-14, 04:29 PM
I only recently begun noticing other weapon enchantments than numerical boni and flaming/shocking/etc., and boy, there are a lot of them.

My favorites are:
- Training (a feat is great for the cost and it really can compliment fighting styles with a specific weapon, also, can tie the weapon to a story)
- Furious (if you are a barbarian or friends with a skald, that's practically a +3 for a +1 bonus)
- Planar (damage reduction is a nuisance and this works against all types of them for outsiders)
- Brilliant Energy (completely nullifies the defenses of certain enemies)

So, are there other great enchantments I've slept on? Which are your favorite weapon enchantments and why?

Kurald Galain
2023-06-14, 04:42 PM
I'm a fan of
- Conductive
- Bewildering
- Cruel

KillianHawkeye
2023-06-14, 05:58 PM
A lot of the people in my group are a fan of Agile for Dex instead of Str to damage (finessable weapons only). Particularly on an amulet for a natural weapons build.

Raven777
2023-06-15, 12:18 AM
Brilliant Energy, full stop. I just wanna feel like a Jedi.

Zanos
2023-06-15, 12:37 AM
I'll second training, but for Improved Intiative.

spectralphoenix
2023-06-15, 02:08 AM
Spell Storing can be pretty great with the right companions. There are loads of low level spells that are very useful on it, and past a certain point the spellcasters will have higher level spells using up their actions in combat. Coming up against a spellcaster? Dispel Magic. Want more damage? Shocking Grasp. Feeling lucky? Ghoul Touch. That's an awful lot of utility for a +1.

Ramza00
2023-06-15, 07:14 AM
Training for even arcane spell-casters, me, we crave feats. Even if the 8k is merely going to improved initiative.

Rynjin
2023-06-15, 10:13 AM
The pre-nerf version of Courageous was very cool. It used to increase ALL morale bonuses by half the weapon's enhancement, not just saves against fear.

Spell Storing is a classic for both armor AND weapons, and probably hands down the best special property for either TBH.

Conductive is extremely strong for several classes.

Grayflame is a really cool one for Clerics.

Heart-piercing (Vorpal for bows) and Heartseeker are both rad.

In a similar vein, Limning and Phase Locking are AMAZING utility options to put on arrows.

Ki Focus and the stronger Ki Intensifying are solid for Monks.

Asmotherion
2023-06-15, 12:57 PM
Speed. Speed is always good.

aglondier
2023-06-19, 03:05 PM
I like the combo of the Transformative weapon with the Egoist perk. The weapon can become anything of similar size, and allows you to keep using any and all combat feats and class features that relate...

vasilidor
2023-06-19, 03:09 PM
Keen, Wounding, Bane.