PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] 10 pounds of metal in the face, now THAT'S stunning. (Revision 4)

AstralFire
2007-12-06, 10:33 AM
Aggressive Shield Tactics [General, Fighter]
The best defense is a good offense, and a shield is the best defense...
Prerequisites: Improved Shield Bash, Two-Weapon Fighting or Agile Shield Fighter
Benefit: As part of a full attack or charge action, once per round you may make a Shield Bash attack at your highest base attack bonus with -2 penalty. This Shield Bash attack deals no damage, but obscures your opponent's view and disorients him. He must make a Fortitude Saving Throw (DC 10 + ½ your base attack bonus + your Str modifier) or be considered staggered for 1 round (until just before your next action). The target also takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class and Attack Rolls for the duration of the effect if he fails his saving throw. This feat does not work on a target two or more size categories larger than you, nor any Constructs or Undead who are immune to effects which require Fortitude Saving Throws. You cannot use your normal Shield Bash attacks in the same round as this attack. You do not gain the benefit of your shield's bonus to Armor Class this round, regardless of Improved Shield Bash or any other feats or effects which would normally specify otherwise.
Special: This feat can be taken as one of a Fighter's bonus feats.

Thoughts?

Prophaniti
2007-12-06, 10:41 AM
Seems interesting... not sure Dazed is worth sacrificing a full attack, though. If I were to use it I would change the prerequisites to TWF OR Agile Shield Fighter from PHBII, and I would probably change it from 'Dazed for 1 round' to 'Stunned for 1 round' (possibly 1d4, needs some playtesting).

That's my 2cp.

Mewtarthio
2007-12-06, 10:45 AM
Seems interesting... not sure Dazed is worth sacrificing a full attack, though.

Not full attack. A swift action, meaning it can be done before making an attack.

Prophaniti
2007-12-06, 10:56 AM
Woops, misread. I'm a little tired... sorry. I still think I'd change it to 'stunned', but hey... semantics, right?:smalltongue:

AstralFire
2007-12-06, 01:08 PM
Woops, misread. I'm a little tired... sorry. I still think I'd change it to 'stunned', but hey... semantics, right?:smalltongue:

Thanks for the comments. :) Stunned is too powerful, though. As it is, I think Dazed may be as well... trying this out instead:

(snipped old version)

AstralFire
2007-12-07, 11:03 AM
Alright, up to revision 4.