PDA

View Full Version : Performance checks reputation, noble patrons and extra planar beings

incog64
2023-06-18, 10:45 AM
As a character that will have a pretty high performance ability that via performance checks will allow me to potentially gain reputation and the attention of noble patrons and extra planar beings who would one expect this to worked into the game.

How would this be worked into the game mechanically ie how often would I have to perform?

How could I use this reputation? At a minimum my goal is to leverage my reputation and gain discounts from my church for cleric based magic item like wands.

Thanks in advance.

Chronos
2023-06-19, 07:56 AM
It's not just how many times you perform; it's the scale of the performances. If you perform for the Duke, then your reputation extends to the Duke and to anyone the Duke, personally, can tell about you. If the Duke commissions you for a performance at a festival for the entire duchy, then your reputation extends much further, to the entire audience. And when there's a festival thrown for an entire duchy, or the like, there's a decent chance that there might be a few extraplanar beings among the audience.

Crake
2023-06-19, 07:58 AM
The real answer to this is "It comes down to your DM". There's no hard and fast rules when it comes to this stuff, it's literally just up to your DM how they want to implement this in their game, if at all.

incog64
2023-06-19, 08:45 AM
It's not just how many times you perform; it's the scale of the performances. If you perform for the Duke, then your reputation extends to the Duke and to anyone the Duke, personally, can tell about you. If the Duke commissions you for a performance at a festival for the entire duchy, then your reputation extends much further, to the entire audience. And when there's a festival thrown for an entire duchy, or the like, there's a decent chance that there might be a few extraplanar beings among the audience.

Thanks. This helpful context.