PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 1e changing prices for magic items from 3.5

Fiery Diamond
2023-06-20, 07:45 PM
So I was going over the Magic Item Compendium and also the Pathfinder 1e SRD, and I noticed that Bag of Tricks is priced differently. Like, vastly differently, at least in terms of percent change. It's way more expensive in Pathfinder. Anyone know why this is? I haven't been able to find any discussion of it. I checked the 3.5 SRD, and it matches what the MIC says. I understand the change for the Goggles of Minute Seeing, what with changes to the skills involved, but why is the Bag of Tricks priced so differently? Also, Druid's Vestment is priced significantly differently in the opposite direction, and I don't know why that is either. I haven't looked further to check on other price changes.

Thunder999
2023-06-20, 08:48 PM
I think Druid Vestment is a mix of Pathfinder's weaker wildshape (mostly as part of the overall weaker polymorphing) and the fact that by the time a 10,000gp item is reasonable you have way more uses/day than you need, by the time 10,000gp is less than 1/4 of your WBL (and remember that this is really not a priority compared to stuff like a headband of wisdom and cloak of resistance) you can already be wildhaped 24/7.

At a guess for the bags it's because Summon Nature's Ally got nerfed a bit, most animals are 1 level higher in Pathfinder (generally they're the same level as they would be for summon monster, with SNA now being a strictly worse spell)