PDA

View Full Version : A gift for Xmas!

Sofaking
2007-12-06, 11:41 AM
So I'm trying to think of a cool painting to get someone at the local art school to paint for a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. I've decided on trying to some sort of landscape which will incorporate symbolisms from her favorite bands.

Nick Drake
Yoko Ono
John Lennon/Beatles.

So I've decided it should be a night, winter landscape. I'll have a pink moon for the Nick Drake reference. And for the Yoko Ono reference I want some sort of lake with cracked Ice on it for "Walking on thin Ice." But I can't think of anything good to go for the Beatles/John Lennon other than... well a giant beetle. Can anyone help me think of a better symbol which would fit in a night winterscape?

Malfunctioned
2007-12-06, 12:04 PM
A walrus riding a yellow submarine? :smallbiggrin:

Ego Slayer
2007-12-06, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking the yellow submarine breaking through part of the ice on the lake. =P

Re: Nick Drake, pure win.

Amotis
2007-12-06, 04:48 PM
Maybe something "War is Over" or "Imagine" for Lennon. Which I think are some of the more beautiful things to come out of him. Maybe an allusion to "Hiroshima Sky Is Always Blue" too, which I always thought was cool too. For Beatles there's many things. Strawberry fields (forever), Lucy in the Sky (with diamonds), some lyrics written on a street sign, etc. You got a vast career to find something.

Yeah, Nick Drake is great. <3