PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion, which classes are most fun in tier 4?

Rfkannen
2023-06-21, 11:00 PM
Different people find different things fun, and I am curious in particular about tier 4. Which classes do you find the most fun in tier 4? Why do you find that class fun at those levels?

OldTrees1
2023-06-21, 11:46 PM
Different people find different things fun, and I am curious in particular about tier 4. Which classes do you find the most fun in tier 4? Why do you find that class fun at those levels?

Arcane Trickster and Auradin are the ones that feel most fun in tier 4 for me, despite the Rogue or Paladin 17 feeling to me like an 11th or 13th level character respectively.

I would prefer more high level features be level appropriate features, but regardless the Rogue and Auradin play the most fun to me at those levels. I never was a big fan of big spells limited times per day playstyle. Despite the Rogue and Paladin features hitting a plateau for me, I still like the Reliable Talent playstyle and the collection of 10ft Auras playstyle.

animorte
2023-06-22, 02:52 AM
Monk being nearly impossible to lock down feels good.

Otherwise, I have to go with Warlock and Artificer. Customizing for wildly different builds each time you play one is very satisfying.

If it's worth noting, 90% of my tier 4 characters started there for a one-shot (or 2-3).

Dork_Forge
2023-06-22, 03:37 AM
Personally, in no specific order: Artificer, Monk, Warlock, Rogue, Fighter, Paladin

Barbarian can also be really fun, Sorcerer depending on subclass

J-H
2023-06-22, 07:27 AM
Ranger does finally get 5th level spells at that point.

Really, every class can be pretty good at high levels. Fighters get 18th level features - in particular, the Samurai level 18 feature is pretty cool when it goes off, Barbarians become nearly unkillable, etc.

I'd guess Rogue (non AT) probably has the fewest exciting things happen at high levels.

Oramac
2023-06-22, 09:37 AM
Really, every class can be pretty good at high levels

This. My FLGS runs high level one-shots every month or so, so I've played quite a few high level characters. Pretty much anything is fun at that level, so long as it's something you actually want to play.

My personal favorites, in no particular order:

- Sorcadin: Conquest Paladin 7, Aberrant Mind Sorc 13
- Bearbarian: Hill Dwarf with Tough; built for ALL THE HIT POINTS! With bear totem rage active, he effectively had nearly 700 hit points. It was awesome.
- The Jorasco Physician (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24670442&postcount=496): I played this one from about 7th all the way to 20th level. The amount of bookkeeping required is absolutely insane, but if you can keep track, it's an incredibly fun and effective character.
- Stars Druid: Loads of fun. There's just so much you can do.
- Tempest Sorcerer: Storm Sorc 18, Tempest Cleric 2. Honestly, this is probably my favorite non-homebrew character I've ever played.

Rafaelfras
2023-06-22, 10:10 AM
Wizard, it is fun from 1-20 but reaching level 17 and casting meteor swarm and wish is SO satisfying. I am 17 now and am looking forward to getting unlimited shield and misty step next level.