PDA

View Full Version : Death Battle: Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg

pendell
2023-06-22, 03:55 PM
Seen on The BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65981876.amp?fbclid=IwAR3LcUqqf2yIiqtnvAwG8SzeUk_3 tc9zD26IbNhad36T1_8qFi7XZJ_WdtU)

Mr Musk posted a message on his social media platform Twitter that he was "up for a cage fight" with Mr Zuckerberg.

Mr Zuckerberg, the boss of Facebook and Instagram parent company Meta, then posted a screenshot of Mr Musk's tweet with the caption "send me location".

"The story speaks for itself," a Meta spokesperson told the BBC.

Mr Musk then replied to Mr Zuckerberg's response with: "Vegas Octagon."

The Octagon is the competition mat and fenced-in area used for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bouts. The UFC is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.

It's a joke of course but ... who would win? I'm thinking the Zuck. He's about ten years younger than Elon and there's only so much advantage age and treachery give you.

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

Fyraltari
2023-06-22, 04:09 PM
Just a reminder that these two are among the most powerful and influential people on the planet and this is what they do.

Psyren
2023-06-22, 04:15 PM
Already done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2GVxYfKSxA

Granted this predates a few notable developments.

The Glyphstone
2023-06-22, 05:32 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jun/22/mark-zuckerberg-elon-musk-cage-match

According to this article taking it way too seriously, Musk has a major height and weight advantage, but Zuckerberg actually knows martial arts and Brazilian jiu-jitsu is centered around the idea of negating the advantages of size/strength.

Trafalgar
2023-06-24, 10:43 AM
They are both billionaires. In reality, they would both hire large mercenary armies to fight it out for them. I would bet on Elon because of SpaceX. He could do the whole "Rod from God" kinetic orbital bombardment thing pretty easily.

Traab
2023-06-24, 11:34 AM
Apparently joe rogan is trying to set this up. I do agree if done for real it would probably be one of the biggest ppv events ever. Lizard Man versus Musk Ox. Then Bezos jumps in from outside to turn it into a free for all.

The Glyphstone
2023-06-24, 11:35 AM
Now that would be a twist. "He's got him on the ropes...and out of nowhere, it's Jeff Bezos with the steel chair! What a twist!"

Trafalgar
2023-06-24, 11:51 AM
Now that would be a twist. "He's got him on the ropes...and out of nowhere, it's Jeff Bezos with the steel chair! What a twist!"

Then Bill Gates shows up and finishes it. (https://youtu.be/blMhx6OAKjA?t=25)

Metastachydium
2023-06-24, 12:51 PM
Just a reminder that these two are among the most powerful and influential people on the planet and this is what they do.

Meh. It beats what they do when they don't do this.

sktarq
2023-06-24, 04:15 PM
*hates self what what I about to reference*

Well with those four fighting it out we just have to hope they get it out of their system and it doesn't break out into general war (with baby clone backups) leading the humans to flee to Mars and others to rebuild with uplifted animals.

if you have seen the third (retracted) episode of Red Ape family I am so sorry and yes I regret it too

Traab
2023-06-24, 04:20 PM
*hates self what what I about to reference*

Well with those four fighting it out we just have to hope they get it out of their system and it doesn't break out into general war (with baby clone backups) leading the humans to flee to Mars and others to rebuild with uplifted animals.

That could get messy. I mean, musk builds the rockets, gates runs the computers that guide them, bezos is in charge of the shipping required to get the parts together and zuck is in charge of getting the word out. Would we even be able to leave the war behind us as we head to mars with all four involved in the escape?

sktarq
2023-06-24, 04:27 PM
That could get messy. I mean, musk builds the rockets, gates runs the computers that guide them, bezos is in charge of the shipping required to get the parts together and zuck is in charge of getting the word out. Would we even be able to leave the war behind us as we head to mars with all four involved in the escape?

passage would probably be linked to having the correct NFT in your cryptowallet....just watch out for the space yeti's on the way there.

Maryring
2023-06-24, 05:18 PM

Yes, because none of them actually do any of that. If they give one another a crippling concussion with this moronic childishness, I expect the only difference'll be a slight drop in terrible memes.

Trafalgar
2023-06-24, 05:23 PM
I like to think that the 4 of them will settle things over a friendly wargame. Afterward, they would shake each others hands and go their separate ways.

Of course, they would use actual people instead of minis.

sktarq
2023-06-24, 05:51 PM
Yes, because none of them actually do any of that. If they give one another a crippling concussion with this moronic childishness, I expect the only difference'll be a slight drop in terrible memes.

Au contraire. Such a scuffle would one of the most meme'd events around. It would draw yet more media attention from failing states like South Africa, Pakistan, or Haiti. And the memes generated in the lead up and immediate aftermath would fodder for years of recycled stupidity.

KorvinStarmast
2023-06-25, 10:07 PM
And the memes generated in the lead up and immediate aftermath would fodder for years of recycled stupidity. /wins thread. :smallcool:

Peelee
2023-06-26, 06:56 AM
Melon's mom said he can't.

Truly we are living in an episode of South Park.

Metastachydium
2023-06-26, 10:52 AM
Melon

Hey! You take that back! All the melons I know are perfectly respectable planties!

Tyndmyr
2023-06-26, 11:07 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jun/22/mark-zuckerberg-elon-musk-cage-match

According to this article taking it way too seriously, Musk has a major height and weight advantage, but Zuckerberg actually knows martial arts and Brazilian jiu-jitsu is centered around the idea of negating the advantages of size/strength.

Thanks to Reddit, who promptly cyberstalked Zuck, found his probable alias he fought under, etc, we now know that his "knows Martial arts" is two white belt tournaments on the same day. One of which was four people in his age/weight class, and the other of which was only two. While he technically placed in both, this is sort of the "baby's first martial arts" tournament tier, and is unlikely to be very relevant to UFC fights.

Age vs weight remains a relevant tradeoff though, so it'll probably be a relatively good fight. It's likely that neither has the raw strength to win immediately by KO, but instead it'll go to the ground.

I'm all for the Billionaire Social Media CEO cage fight. Yeah, the world is kinda crazy, but you just have to laugh at it.

Rynjin
2023-06-26, 11:43 AM
Thanks to Reddit, who promptly cyberstalked Zuck, found his probable alias he fought under, etc, we now know that his "knows Martial arts" is two white belt tournaments on the same day. One of which was four people in his age/weight class, and the other of which was only two. While he technically placed in both, this is sort of the "baby's first martial arts" tournament tier, and is unlikely to be very relevant to UFC fights.

It's relevant to this sort of "UFC" fight between two amateurs. When one is an out of shape amateur with no training whatsoever and the other i an in-shape amateur with SOME training, the match looks pretty lopsided even before you factor in simple age as a negative factor against Musk.

TheSummoner
2023-06-26, 12:53 PM
Zuckerberg wins. An android has a natural advantage in strength and stamina over a human.

Peelee
2023-06-26, 01:09 PM
Hey! You take that back! All the melons I know are perfectly respectable planties!

Would it make you feel better if that was an autocorrect and i wrote the real name? Its the technology that changed it!

Metastachydium
2023-06-27, 01:23 PM
Would it make you feel better if that was an autocorrect and i wrote the real name? Its the technology that changed it!

Oh, okay. I already hate technology and didn't (consistently) hate you before, so that's just the status quo restored.

Maryring
2023-06-28, 04:02 AM
Au contraire. Such a scuffle would one of the most meme'd events around. It would draw yet more media attention from failing states like South Africa, Pakistan, or Haiti. And the memes generated in the lead up and immediate aftermath would fodder for years of recycled stupidity.

Well sure, that's from others though. Others will provide the quality memes. Elon will be too busy with constant migraines to make the rest of twitter suffer his brand of "humour".

pendell
2023-06-28, 09:09 AM
So Elon backed out. His Mom won't let him (https://futurism.com/the-byte/elon-musk-mom-not-allowed-fight-mark-zuckerberg)

:smallamused:

Too bad. You can make a killing betting on Musk (https://www.foxsports.com/stories/ufc/odds-for-potential-cage-match-between-elon-musk-and-mark-zuckerberg) if he wins.

Not quite sure how to sign this,

Brian P.

Peelee
2023-06-28, 09:18 AM
So Elon backed out. His Mom won't let him (https://futurism.com/the-byte/elon-musk-mom-not-allowed-fight-mark-zuckerberg)

Melon's mom said he can't.

Truly we are living in an episode of South Park.
:smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2023-06-28, 11:20 AM

:smallamused:

Too bad. You can make a killing betting on Musk (https://www.foxsports.com/stories/ufc/odds-for-potential-cage-match-between-elon-musk-and-mark-zuckerberg) if he wins.

Not quite sure how to sign this,

Brian P.

It doesn't appear Mommy has told him this yet though. So far it's just her declaring the fight is canceled on Twitter while all the news sites go nuts,, while Musk's buddy is tweeting about his training bout the other day.

HolyDraconus
2023-06-28, 01:36 PM

Age vs weight remains a relevant tradeoff though, so it'll probably be a relatively good fight. It's likely that neither has the raw strength to win immediately by KO, but instead it'll go to the ground.

I'm all for the Billionaire Social Media CEO cage fight. Yeah, the world is kinda crazy, but you just have to laugh at it.

.... man i miss celebrity death match.....

sktarq
2023-06-28, 01:41 PM
Well sure, that's from others though. Others will provide the quality memes. Elon will be too busy with constant migraines to make the rest of twitter suffer his brand of "humour".

Perhaps. Or we get a weird place where Zuck decides to give us more do daemonic meta-verse/Horizons nonsense. Depending on who took the most blows to head.

The fanboy effects would just be awful either way. I don't think there is a real limit on those....actually having seen the idea that a mushroom from elon's diaper opens the key to time/space/divinity but only via the correct nft (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzbiQp5_SRU)...I know it doesn't.

sktarq
2023-07-10, 05:00 PM
In new developments

things have shot the moon and gone stupid (https://pagesix.com/2023/07/10/elon-musk-challenges-mark-zuckerberg-to-d-k-measuring-contest/)

I think reality is going to put the onion out of business.