PDA

View Full Version : Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

BananaPhone
2023-07-07, 05:38 PM
Roll for later post.

Pick Lock: [roll0] vs TN 98

bramblefoot
2023-07-07, 05:42 PM
Roll for later post.

Pick Lock: [roll0] vs TN 98

its not really a lock, more of a bolt

MrAbdiel
2023-07-07, 07:10 PM
Aw, dang - was Jasmine already wounded going in to the fight? What a little hero. When did that happen..? During the boarding?

dojango
2023-07-07, 08:43 PM
Aw, dang - was Jasmine already wounded going in to the fight? What a little hero. When did that happen..? During the boarding?

Got blown up by her cheap halfling gun

MrAbdiel
2023-07-07, 08:47 PM
*Screams* Are you doing this on purpose to torment me?! I’m telling you, it doesn’t explode! ;-;

bramblefoot
2023-07-07, 08:47 PM
*Screams* Are you doing this on purpose to torment me?! I’m telling you, it doesn’t explode! ;-;

lol, the gun is best quality. it dont explode

MrAbdiel
2023-07-07, 09:03 PM
I, the player not the character, have just gained [roll0] insanity points.

dojango
2023-07-07, 11:44 PM
Seemed only right to have some consequence for getting a double 100

MrAbdiel
2023-07-08, 03:17 AM
Haha. Well, I'm not going to force you to not get mildly exploded. :D I'm just defensive of Bully because you chewed him out!

wilphe
2023-07-08, 07:07 AM
I think time for speed may be over for the moment, Wighard has a lot of work on hand

Well Wighard patched up himself, because importance of keeping the medic alive

Bertelis and Jasmine are critical (at this point I am just going to assume that prepping poultices is a daily task for Wighard and Siobhan)

Everyone else can chug a Draught?

I would presume that the time it takes Wighard to do that is about as long as it takes everyone else to search and secure the courtyard - unless Bruno and Regine are intent on pressing on

bramblefoot
2023-07-08, 08:37 AM
agreed. is it my turn to post?

wilphe
2023-07-08, 08:40 AM
Well, need to know if the rest of the party are prepared to wait for casualty treatment

And also what are:

a lot of other nonsensical buildings

Did you mean to use "nonsensical"?

bramblefoot
2023-07-08, 08:44 AM
Well, need to know if the rest of the party are prepared to wait for casualty treatment

And also what are:

a lot of other nonsensical buildings

Did you mean to use "nonsensical"?

actually yes. these buildings seem to serve no purpose

BananaPhone
2023-07-08, 08:48 AM
Regine, as far as I can tell, has only lost 1 wound, though I'm RP'ing her being just a touch exhausted and thrown around.

She's find with returning to the shadows and keeping an eye-out/scouting.

In fact, she might do just that.

Concealment: [roll0] vs TN 98

Move Silently: [roll1] vs TN 98

Perception: [roll2] vs TN 67 (or 77 if dealing with further traps/locks to pick)

MrAbdiel
2023-07-08, 09:28 AM
Well Wighard patched up himself, because importance of keeping the medic alive

Bertelis and Jasmine are critical (at this point I am just going to assume that prepping poultices is a daily task for Wighard and Siobhan)

Everyone else can chug a Draught?

I would presume that the time it takes Wighard to do that is about as long as it takes everyone else to search and secure the courtyard - unless Bruno and Regine are intent on pressing on

I think you might be the Draughtmaster; master of draughts. Do we have enough for a chug-round?

Also I might trouble you for a brief post maybe washing Bertelis' eyes so he doesn't kneel there like a fool in the prison of his phobia screaming out his friend's name!

wilphe
2023-07-08, 10:36 AM
We have 4, so that is one each for Meloth and Bruno with 2 to spare

MrAbdiel
2023-07-08, 10:40 AM
Praise you, honored draughtmaster!

wilphe
2023-07-08, 10:44 AM
Given that we are making fresh polutices every day, starting to feel we might as well be making Draughts every day

Wighard has the apothecary tools, aboard ship we have the time.

You care to suggest a mechanic?

wilphe
2023-07-08, 10:47 AM
FPing on Jasmine

[roll0] 76

wilphe
2023-07-08, 10:53 AM
Is there like a Shallya's Mild Annoyance that works on Healing rolls?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-08, 11:13 AM
Given that we are making fresh polutices every day, starting to feel we might as well be making Draughts every day

Wighard has the apothecary tools, aboard ship we have the time.

You care to suggest a mechanic?

WOO, 10 heals, back up to 12/15. The hedgehog knight rides again! Thank you Doktor Haus; your abusive manner and medical excellence have saved the day again.

As far as making the draughts, there's a system in 4th; I'll have a look at it tomorrow and pitch it for yours and Bramble's approval. Those draughts are pretty good and pricey so manufacturing them is both desirable and also needs to be moderated against being either a gold fountain or too good, but I'm sure we can hit something just right.

wilphe
2023-07-08, 11:55 AM
Poultices are 5p - which is way below the level I bother tracking anymore

Draughts are 10gc - so that is involving serious money

bramblefoot
2023-07-08, 04:03 PM
WOO, 10 heals, back up to 12/15. The hedgehog knight rides again! Thank you Doktor Haus; your abusive manner and medical excellence have saved the day again.

As far as making the draughts, there's a system in 4th; I'll have a look at it tomorrow and pitch it for yours and Bramble's approval. Those draughts are pretty good and pricey so manufacturing them is both desirable and also needs to be moderated against being either a gold fountain or too good, but I'm sure we can hit something just right.

understood

BananaPhone
2023-07-08, 09:25 PM
Regine, as far as I can tell, has only lost 1 wound, though I'm RP'ing her being just a touch exhausted and thrown around.

She's find with returning to the shadows and keeping an eye-out/scouting.

In fact, she might do just that.

Move Silently: [roll1] vs TN 98

Perception: [roll2] vs TN 67 (or 77 if dealing with further traps/locks to pick)

Mr GM Bramblefoot, what were the results of Regine's little scouting effort?

bramblefoot
2023-07-08, 09:32 PM
Mr GM Bramblefoot, what were the results of Regine's little scouting effort?

the scouting of the keep is not possible as the door must be broken down. they put the bar over the door

BananaPhone
2023-07-08, 09:38 PM
Rest of the keep grounds, the battlemenrs/ramparts, the gatehouse, how many storeys it has and uf any are scalable etc. Any extra info would be ace.

bramblefoot
2023-07-08, 09:47 PM
Rest of the keep grounds, the battlemenrs/ramparts, the gatehouse, how many storeys it has and uf any are scalable etc. Any extra info would be ace.

boltholes like everywhere. gatehouse is currently nonfunctional due to a well placed axe blow kinking a chain link

It's a three story keep, with what looks like smooth marble sides. this would be murder to even attempt a climbing check. youd go like splat if you made it up at all. bare hands do not cut the keep

the door is iron banded wood, with a weird sigil on the door

wilphe
2023-07-09, 05:15 AM
Any animals in the stables?

Any food or gear in the kitchens?

Wighard will check out the sigil on the door

[roll0] Magical Sense 67

bramblefoot
2023-07-09, 05:30 AM
Any animals in the stables?

Any food or gear in the kitchens?

Wighard will check out the sigil on the door

[roll0] Magical Sense 67

plenty of poor quality rations, and a large iron kettle in the kitchen, and there is no mounts in the stables

wilphe
2023-07-09, 10:31 AM
Whereas:

Abdiel has expressed explicit interest in "troupe" play where we are have a bunch of NPCs with us

Whereas:

I get to implement medic rules

I suggest:

That we can't fix someone from being Heavily or Critically wounded more than twice a day unless magic is used.

Therefore:

Be ready to drop out and have an NPC sub in if Wighard sys you have to be medevaced

Opinions?

I think so far Bertelis has hit that limit, Bruno and Jasmine are on one each

MrAbdiel
2023-07-09, 08:35 PM
I dropped to 5 on the ship briefly before the retcon; I think the barrel bomb is the first time today, actually.

I usually notice when I get to 3 or less because I have to take my madness test.

BananaPhone
2023-07-09, 08:46 PM
Guys, this is a keep made out of marble.

We are fn richer than kings if we can kill the *******s inside and carve off large pieces of it and get it to civilized lands to sell.

bramblefoot
2023-07-09, 09:10 PM

We are fn richer than kings if we can kill the *******s inside and carve off large pieces of it and get it to civilized lands to sell.

big if. grins

dojango
2023-07-09, 10:02 PM

Well it's a flux stone so it has a base value of 2, and blocks have a modifier of 5. So they're only worth 10 apiece.

BananaPhone
2023-07-09, 10:08 PM
No way jose, that's like saying "Well gold is a type of metal, and hand weapons are made of metal, so...". Marble was ridiculously expensive in the middle ages and this guy has a fort made out of the stuff!

MrAbdiel
2023-07-09, 10:14 PM
Well it's a flux stone so it has a base value of 2, and blocks have a modifier of 5. So they're only worth 10 apiece.

What in the Dwarf Fortress -

bramblefoot
2023-07-09, 10:28 PM
alright players, have we come to a decision?

BananaPhone
2023-07-09, 10:30 PM
From the sounds of things, Regine is taking point and making a lot of Trap Finding and Lock Pick rolls.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-09, 10:33 PM
Aside from a stretch goal of selling it off block by block (I still hope it can become Wighard’s Wizarding School for Traumatized Youngsters, or atleast we can make it go back to Breton waters and get a finders fee from the king) I think we are running out of ideas besides trying the tunnels. Objections, alternatives?

BananaPhone
2023-07-09, 10:37 PM
Aside from a stretch goal of selling it off block by block (I still hope it can become Wighard’s Wizarding School for Traumatized Youngsters, or atleast we can make it go back to Breton waters and get a finders fee from the king) I think we are running out of ideas besides trying the tunnels. Objections, alternatives?

Someone will have to make a Navigation roll at night once the stars are out so we know 100% where we are. But from the sounds of things, this is a desolate rock off the coast of Norsca and it's so cold that we have to make toughness checks not to freeze to death. Nevermind the fact that it'll get raided pretty quickly once word spreads that the Big Kahuna of the place (the wizard) got jointed, but now its occupants are mostly defenseless refugee's/kids, it'll be ripe pickings.

So I reckon that, if we're successful, we plunder it and carve off as much marble as we can and then burn the place down and set sail for the closest civilized land.

dojango
2023-07-09, 10:49 PM
It also teleports around so we can teleport it somewhere tropical once Wighard figures out how to work the controls.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-09, 11:03 PM
Yeah. We can debate how long to spend trying to pry up the marble exterior tiling once we know if this place can be seized for teleport use, or if it will collapse with the death of the current owner, Barad-dûr style. For now, I think we’re tunnel running. I’ve got the flaming sword - light sources, everyone else? Can Wighard make the tunnels glow? Are they not a “structure”?

bramblefoot
2023-07-09, 11:08 PM
Yeah. We can debate how long to spend trying to pry up the marble exterior tiling once we know if this place can be seized for teleport use, or if it will collapse with the death of the current owner, Barad-dûr style. For now, I think we’re tunnel running. I’ve got the flaming sword - light sources, everyone else? Can Wighard make the tunnels glow? Are they not a “structure”?

i would consider tunnels not a structure

bramblefoot
2023-07-09, 11:18 PM
soo, ill ask again. can i make a post?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-09, 11:45 PM
Let’s wait for the whole squad to weigh in. I think I’m the only one who has settled himself on the tunnels at the moment; and Jasmine IC

Reluctantly voting for Through the Tunnels:

All For:
Bertelis
Jasmine
Wighard

All Opposed:
none so far

Abstaining:
None so far

Yet to vote:

Meloth
Regine
Bruno

wilphe
2023-07-10, 10:28 AM
Well strictly if Wighard is presented with two options that the enemy expect us to chose from he would chose a third they probably haven't

But as Regine doesn't think she can climb up even if given a rope anchored at the top, he will have to agree to tunnels

wilphe
2023-07-10, 10:37 AM
I dropped to 5 on the ship briefly before the retcon; I think the barrel bomb is the first time today, actually.

I usually notice when I get to 3 or less because I have to take my madness test.

Well then it would just be Bertelis and Jasmine on 1 as Bruno was magiced

Just be aware we are low on FP right now

wilphe
2023-07-10, 10:42 AM
Wighard has his usual "cast light on something" method

He might also consider sending Marsh Lights down there

Marsh Lights
Casting Number: 6
Casting Time: Full action
Ingredient: A firefly (+1)
Description: You create the appearance of a number of distant lights
that suggest torches or lanterns. They appear within 100 yards
(50 squares) of you and can then be sent off in any direction.
They naturally follow corridors or paths and do not need to be
controlled or overseen in any way. You can control them more
closely if desired, but only as long as they remain in line of sight.
You can’t perform any other actions while controlling the lights.
The lights travel at various speeds, but never slower than 8 yards (4
squares) per round or faster than 16 yards (8 squares) per round.

Because that seems an excellent way to draw hostiles

He will also tell Siobhan where they are going

wilphe
2023-07-10, 10:43 AM
Also I know the idea of statting out Siobhan was nixed because she is supposed to be mysterious, but, would like to at least partially do so to keep track of what Wighard knows she can do and what he has trained her in

bramblefoot
2023-07-10, 11:04 AM
Also I know the idea of statting out Siobhan was nixed because she is supposed to be mysterious, but, would like to at least partially do so to keep track of what Wighard knows she can do and what he has trained her in

oki. ill let you stat her out. im not good at statting out npcs

wilphe
2023-07-10, 11:37 AM
I will probably move these about and adjust to what we know of her background

Anyway:

[roll0] WS
[roll1] BS
[roll2] S
[roll3] T
[roll4] AG
[roll5] INT
[roll6] WP
[roll7] FEL

[roll8] W
[roll9] FP

[roll10]
[roll11]

wilphe
2023-07-10, 11:44 AM
WS 13
BS 14
S 7
T 6
AG 10
INT 10
WP 6
FEL 7

W 11
FP 3

Sturdy
Suave

Neither which really fit her as played so far, but what do other Dads think?

[roll0] Ranald on one of those 6s

Well Shallya that

wilphe
2023-07-10, 11:49 AM
WS 6
BS 10
S 7
T 11
AG 10
INT 13
WP 14
FEL 7

W 11
FP 3

Sturdy
Suave

Now what do Dads' think would be suitible starting carear?

I had Burger, HedgeWizard or HedgeWise and would go with the former as we know she is from a fairly wealthy family

wilphe
2023-07-10, 12:09 PM
Wighard channelling

[roll0] Channelling 77

wilphe
2023-07-10, 12:23 PM
[roll0] -3 TN6

wilphe
2023-07-10, 12:24 PM
Well let's see what we get:

[roll0] UEF 41–44 Unnatural Aura: Animals within 10 yards (5 squares) of you get spooked and unless controlled with an Animal Training Test,
flee the scene.
[roll]1d10]/roll] Mark

I will take "What is completely moot please Mayim"

MrAbdiel
2023-07-10, 03:41 PM
I think that’s a really unfortunate set of stat rolls; the poor girl!

Miner is also a possible starter but happy for you to choose. IIRC, I was permitted to roll a couple of sets and choose one for Maxime/Aletta; though I don’t think she has any Fate Points.

@Volthawk, happy for you to weigh in and tell us you have another idea - but I think @Bramble is good to post now.

wilphe
2023-07-10, 04:15 PM
I think that’s a really unfortunate set of stat rolls; the poor girl!

Miner is also a possible starter but happy for you to choose. IIRC, I was permitted to roll a couple of sets and choose one for Maxime/Aletta; though I don’t think she has any Fate Points.

Presumably her specialness manifests outside the realm of raw stats - which is just fine

I didn't consider Miner because she was sent there by her parents after her powers manifested - she was not, like she initially said, daughter of a miner

It is also possible that she was studying under Olga...

I shall assume half the XP of Wighard (like she started with 500 and then grew) and I won't assign all of them

WS 31 0/5
BS 35
S 32
T 36
AG 35 0/5
INT 38 10/10
WP 39 0/5
FEL 32+5 0/5

W 11 0/2
FP3

Common K: Empire +10
Drive
Evaluate
Gossip
Haggle
Perception
Read/Write
Search
Speak L: Reikspeil

Sturdy
Suave

Free advance into INT+5

500 xp into:
Speak: Breton, Tilean
INT +10

Transition to Hedgecraft Apprentice

BananaPhone
2023-07-10, 09:10 PM
We have found the Slaaneshi cultists.

Perception: [roll0] vs TN 47

bramblefoot
2023-07-10, 09:33 PM
We have found the Slaaneshi cultists.

Perception: [roll0] vs TN 47

this is where the fun begins!

cackles

MrAbdiel
2023-07-10, 10:47 PM
*sniff sniff*

[roll0]

Smells like burning feathers…

wilphe
2023-07-11, 02:34 AM
[roll0] T40
[roll1] Perception 66

wilphe
2023-07-11, 06:04 AM
Is Wighard still dealing with cold despite exertion and appropriate dress?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-11, 06:15 AM
There were braziers enough to warm us in the courtyard, not to mention the warming effects of exploding blackpowder in our faces. Unless the tunnels are weirdly cold, I think you're good - not to mention if the tunnels were cold all these tortured people would be frozen solid. Unless they're all being iron maiden'd while being wrapped in goose-down duvets!

But ain't no disrespect in asking to be sure.

dojango
2023-07-11, 09:12 AM
[roll0] v. 46 perception

wilphe
2023-07-11, 12:46 PM
This island better not work like the ship from Event Horizon...

...even if that would be kinda awesome deeplore wise

Volthawk
2023-07-11, 03:44 PM
Perception 46: [roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-07-11, 03:53 PM
This island better not work like the ship from Event Horizon...

...even if that would be kinda awesome deeplore wise

i just googled that.

thank you for the wonderful idea

MrAbdiel
2023-07-11, 04:40 PM
Well well, if it isn’t our old friend sequence of impenetrably bad rolls. At least a couple of us passed.

bramblefoot
2023-07-11, 08:01 PM
to quote hayden christiansen

"this is where the fun begins"

also, if im going to hard on you, lemme know. i have a hard time scaling things

MrAbdiel
2023-07-11, 10:23 PM
As long as there isn’t another boatload of Norscans hiding in the basement I think we’ll be strained to the limit but not overwhelmed. As far as we know there is the dark stranger, the headless horror, and the barrel throwing Djonki Khong left in the tower, give or take some craven servant wretches. Depending especially on how beefy those guys are I think we can crawl through.

Also time to see if this hallucination is going to last more then 1 horrible round: [roll0]

That is… unfortunate.!

BananaPhone
2023-07-11, 10:37 PM
Toughness: [roll0] vs TN 54

*Grumbles*

dojango
2023-07-11, 10:48 PM
[roll0] v. 56 WP. Sigmar is good to the pure of heart!

bramblefoot
2023-07-11, 11:17 PM
just on the struggle bus today, arent we?

Volthawk
2023-07-12, 06:41 AM
Let's fail this WP test: [roll0]

wilphe
2023-07-12, 06:58 AM
Going to shoot me a painting: (1d100)[100] v. 72

Girl, I'd just go back to using a sling at this point

BananaPhone
2023-07-12, 07:02 AM
Give it to Regine and show her how to use it. It'll be her entrance into Targeteer :).

wilphe
2023-07-12, 07:03 AM
Wighard is at the moment just trying to keep the tentacles away from anyone incapacitated, even if this does involve locking wills with something very unpleasant.

He doesn't actually expect this to resolve the situation

[roll0] 67

MrAbdiel
2023-07-12, 08:05 AM
Going to shoot me a painting: (1d100)[100] v. 72

Girl, I'd just go back to using a sling at this point

*Hisses to the Nutcracker*

Yes I know you've technically avoided two misfires already and that's a property of your quality but I put a lot of thought into this Quinsberry business and you're blowing it, okay, you're freakin blowing it

EDIT: I will add Bertelis' own nightmare tomorrow when I get back from work!

farothel
2023-07-12, 02:22 PM
Willpower: [roll0] vs 56

bramblefoot
2023-07-13, 08:31 PM
portraits wp test

[roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-07-13, 09:03 PM
also, you three with your hallucinations get a temp fate point back

im not completely cruel

farothel
2023-07-14, 09:34 AM
do we get another test to snap out of it?

bramblefoot
2023-07-14, 12:37 PM
do we get another test to snap out of it?

continue to make tests until you snap out of it or you get sucked in

MrAbdiel
2023-07-15, 01:36 AM
Well, I'm stuck in lala land for this turn atleast.

[roll0] to snap out of it at the end of this turn.

EDIT: Lalalala!

farothel
2023-07-15, 04:38 AM
next willpower: [roll0] vs 56

EDIT: I'm out, am I still in the tentacles? Just asking to know what kind of action I can take.

BananaPhone
2023-07-15, 04:51 AM
Hmmm, what to do to break people out of their stupor...

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 05:00 AM
next willpower: [roll0] vs 56

EDIT: I'm out, am I still in the tentacles? Just asking to know what kind of action I can take.

you are grappled around the midsection, with a tentacle restraining your weapon arm

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 07:26 AM
Hmmm, what to do to break people out of their stupor...

you can try an intimidate or charm, giving a +10 to snap out of it, but it takes your actions

Volthawk
2023-07-15, 08:08 AM
I've been thinking, and I think it's time for me to drop from the game. I've had less time for pbp things recently, and that's meant I haven't really been able to give this game the attention it deserves, hence often falling a bit behind and having to rush up to date. Thank you all for the gaming up until now, it's been fun, but I think this is for the best on both sides.

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 08:25 AM
I've been thinking, and I think it's time for me to drop from the game. I've had less time for pbp things recently, and that's meant I haven't really been able to give this game the attention it deserves, hence often falling a bit behind and having to rush up to date. Thank you all for the gaming up until now, it's been fun, but I think this is for the best on both sides.

no worries! have a great time

BananaPhone
2023-07-15, 08:25 AM

I wish you all the best Volthawk!

BananaPhone
2023-07-15, 08:26 AM
you can try an intimidate or charm, giving a +10 to snap out of it, but it takes your actions

Let us try a Charm.

Charm: [roll0] vs TN 65

Wow. She does it!

I'll let the GM randomly decide via roll whom she is closest to.

wilphe
2023-07-15, 08:27 AM

Understandable

Thank you for playing with us

Also thank you for telling us rather than just ghosting like most others would have done

wilphe
2023-07-15, 08:28 AM
Let us try a Charm.

Charm: [roll0] vs TN 65

Wow. She does it!

I'll let the GM randomly decide via roll whom she is closest to.

Bruno broke out so that just leaves Bertelis

BananaPhone
2023-07-15, 08:31 AM
Bruno broke out so that just leaves Bertelis

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.36319267.4473/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

So, MrAbdiel, seems my morally dubious thief has Charmed your righteous knight out of his mind-****ery.

wilphe
2023-07-15, 08:33 AM
[roll0] WP Test on Banish 67

[roll1] UCAF

[roll2] Mark on 1

wilphe
2023-07-15, 08:34 AM
93–97 Whimsy: The GM can choose any result from this chart or make up a comparable minor effect....

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 08:59 AM
93–97 Whimsy: The GM can choose any result from this chart or make up a comparable minor effect....

you get mental block

[roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 09:06 AM
portrait wp

[roll0]

5 dos

MrAbdiel
2023-07-15, 09:44 AM

Aw. Well, thanks for the good times. As for all our Company Alumni, let us know if your circumstances change and you want to visit in on the story at some time, or check in on the OOC. Meloth's name will remain honored in our records, and we will release him to his elven chicanery the next time we make port.

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.36319267.4473/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

So, MrAbdiel, seems my morally dubious thief has Charmed your righteous knight out of his mind-****ery.

...I... do not know what this is going to look like, but I guess I will be fascinated to find out!

portrait wp

[roll0]

5 dos

Unfortunately, this is a very wilful artwork. :( Sometimes the dice just want us to suffer.

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 09:47 AM
dont worry, i wont kill you, just trap you in the nightmare realm!

cackles evilly

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 10:01 PM
also minor question: what is the damage of a plate mailed human used as a missile at a torch-lighting halfling?

i wanna protecc my portrait

MrAbdiel
2023-07-15, 10:31 PM
Hmm. Maybe toughness bonus as a base damage. Perhaps, +1/2/3 for light/medium/heavy armor, and undamaging because he's improvised as a weapon. So TB4+2 for the Mail for a Damage 6 projectile, to which the halfling's armor counts double because he's undamaging.

That's what I'd do. 6+d10 throwing weapon, Undamaging. And call it falling damage for Bertelis, because he's going to bowl her over and keep going until he hits the wall. He's not being thrown that far, so maybe the 6 yard fall - 5+d10, with no armor applicable.

bramblefoot
2023-07-15, 10:32 PM
Hmm. Maybe toughness bonus as a base damage. Perhaps, +1/2/3 for light/medium/heavy armor, and undamaging because he's improvised as a weapon. So TB4+2 for the Mail for a Damage 6 projectile, to which the halfling's armor counts double because he's undamaging.

That's what I'd do. 6+d10 throwing weapon, Undamaging.

thank you for the help!

bramblefoot
2023-07-16, 12:31 PM
portrait strength roll

[roll0]

farothel
2023-07-16, 12:32 PM
portrait strength roll

[roll0]

I guess that means I'm free. I'll edit my post accordingly.

bramblefoot
2023-07-16, 12:49 PM
time for flying knights of bretonnia, ep 1

farothel
2023-07-16, 03:27 PM
time for flying knights of bretonnia, ep 1

carried by a European or an African Swallow?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-16, 03:53 PM
Jeez…. Well, normally you can’t dodge ranged weapons; but I think a thrown person is probably slow enough that it makes sense to permit Jasmine to try, since the alternative is her gawking and getting splattered.

Would killing someone *as* a ranged weapon break my vows against using such weapons..? I wonder.

bramblefoot
2023-07-16, 04:21 PM
Jeez…. Well, normally you can’t dodge ranged weapons; but I think a thrown person is probably slow enough that it makes sense to permit Jasmine to try, since the alternative is her gawking and getting splattered.

Would killing someone *as* a ranged weapon break my vows against using such weapons..? I wonder.

agreed, but at -10

dojango
2023-07-16, 10:29 PM
[roll0] v. 59, fp to not die [roll1] haha god is good to the pure of heart!

BananaPhone
2023-07-16, 10:57 PM
Huh, wha. I thought Regine snapped Bertelis out of his tentacle-fantasies lol?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-16, 11:09 PM
[roll0] v. 59, fp to not die [roll1] haha god is good to the pure of heart!

Honestly you were due for a break

Huh, wha. I thought Regine snapped Bertelis out of his tentacle-fantasies lol?

You did! Bertelis is completely aware as he is hurled across the room. It means I’ll be able to act this turn instead of cluelessly flailing.

Agi to avoid the torch fire while airborne: [roll0]

Mon canard est en fue!

Also I rolled for wall damage in the roller thread. Another 3; Bertelis is at… 9 I think, will check tonight.

wilphe
2023-07-17, 04:19 AM
[roll0] -3+2 TN11

wilphe
2023-07-17, 04:21 AM
Ho hum:

[roll0] UCAF Fumblehand: A randomly selected item you are holding or carrying flies 1d10 yards (1d10/2 squares) in a random direction, thrown invisibly by Winds of Chaos.

Sure bramble can use that...

[roll1] Mark

MrAbdiel
2023-07-17, 05:28 AM
Ho hum:

[roll0] UCAF Fumblehand: A randomly selected item you are holding or carrying flies 1d10 yards (1d10/2 squares) in a random direction, thrown invisibly by Winds of Chaos.

Sure bramble can use that...

[roll1] Mark

...Have you been getting, like, a crazy amount of miscasts? Is it just because Wighard is embracing his magical power much more recently, by necessity?

wilphe
2023-07-17, 08:14 AM
There are two opposite character arcs going on

As Bertelis is suffering from multiple crises of confidence, Wighard is growing more assured and poised

At the start Wighard hardly cast at all, remember by his own admission he had not cast for 357 days before fighting Lord Armata*.

His promotion and the wand from Magus Trakore made him paranoid that he was being given power he was not capable of handling as some political move, which might also have come with a dose of imposter syndrome

Since then however he has got to an effective magic score of 4, and he has two sources of mitigation (a familiar ability and the cloak) so he is not worried about rolling triples or four of a kind.

Also the two spells he has been casting the most, Banish and Illuminate the Edifice, were not on his original list but were picked up as Extra Spells

So he is more confident, he has more useful spells and he has some buffer in case things go wrong

*Part of the reason his Order wear armour is to make them think very carefully before casting,
"Do not cast when you can cut"
"Do not cut when you can nurse"

And because armour is more useful in the rough and tumble of camp life - it also helps to not look like a wizard because everyone knows wizards don't wear armour.

In the same way having a Blunderbuss but not being proficient in reloading it makes you think very carefully about when you use it. So it's actually a highly appropriate weapon.

Part of the lore for Magic College we don't have yet is that unlike the other Colleges you are not expected to cast the best spells you know except in a dire situation

Apprentices (M1) should not be casting

Journeymen (M2) should be doing Petty Magic only, even if they have a Lore and Lesser Magic

I also have been considering coming up with a new carear or two and putting Siobhan through it, but that's nascent at the moment

wilphe
2023-07-17, 08:29 AM
Also I seem to point out that we are igniting a torch with steel and flint

Not a roadflare or themite grenade

MrAbdiel
2023-07-17, 08:29 AM
Very cool. Also, high five for symmetrical character development arcs.

This is definitely not the path I expected Bertelis to go; but I really expected Bertelis’ armor and high WS to carry him through that fight in the dark with the Daemonette. But I kept rolling crit fail after crit fail, losing weapons and shield until he was knife fighting a daemon in the dark and “died”; and then it just seemed like he would be ridiculous if he just rocked on like everything was fine. Like he didn’t just get murdered be a daemon. So having him forestall his knighthood was both a convenient excuse for me to pick up some odd all careers for their niche talents (entertainer is one of like three places where you can actually get trick riding) and has been a fun deviation from bland “stalwart knight” archetype.

And the dice just decided to support him when he started praying to Manaan, which worked well for my plans.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-17, 08:31 AM
Also I seem to point out that we are igniting a torch with steel and flint

Not a roadflare or themite grenade

This is true. But Bertelis is also wielding a sword that is blazing with magic fire while he’s being thrown around, so… *handwave loosely.*

LarsWester
2023-07-17, 12:26 PM
Poking my head back in to check on the Order of the Burning Slug. Wonder where on his journey to Miragliano Gimgroth would be at this date in the game? Anyone have a good source of distances between cities in the Old World. Glad to see that Wighard, Bertelis, Bruno and Jasmine are still alive and kicking butt.

wilphe
2023-07-17, 01:21 PM
We parted ways about 37 days ago at Montfort

The party spent 24 of those days moving along rough roads twixt mountain and forest to Couronne

Gimgroth could have gone upriver to Paravon then skirt Athel Loren to Quenelles and heading across the pass into eastern Miragliano by now. I think that is the easiest route with nothing too much to worry about until the mountains

The only sources I have been able to find have given travel times and distances within the Empire

http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/docs/Travel%20Distances%20in%20the%20Empire.pdf

wilphe
2023-07-17, 01:43 PM
but I probably get a bonus on this, as it's a static object, but I let the GM decide that).

Unaware is +30

Stunned is +20

Knocked Down is +10

This is why not everyone has Dodge Blow, a normal person's ability to get out of the way is built into the combat engine

Of course a painting isn't a normal person

bramblefoot
2023-07-17, 02:56 PM
Unaware is +30

Stunned is +20

Knocked Down is +10

This is why not everyone has Dodge Blow, a normal person's ability to get out of the way is built into the combat engine

Of course a painting isn't a normal person

of course, the painting is a gm creation, so lemme roll something

[roll0]

oh goody, i actually succeeded

LarsWester
2023-07-17, 05:06 PM
We parted ways about 37 days ago at Montfort

The party spent 24 of those days moving along rough roads twixt mountain and forest to Couronne

Gimgroth could have gone upriver to Paravon then skirt Athel Loren to Quenelles and heading across the pass into eastern Miragliano by now. I think that is the easiest route with nothing too much to worry about until the mountains

The only sources I have been able to find have given travel times and distances within the Empire

http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/docs/Travel%20Distances%20in%20the%20Empire.pdf

Best i can guess is about 150 miles by river from Montfort to Paravon and then a long road journey of 750-800 miles to Miragliano from there. How does that sound? About right?

bramblefoot
2023-07-17, 05:50 PM
sounds good

also, your move chickadees!

BananaPhone
2023-07-17, 10:44 PM
Regine dodge: [roll0] vs TN 78

https://media.tenor.com/_TV6qVC4toAAAAAC/panda-dancing.gif

wilphe
2023-07-18, 12:05 AM
Wighard is not going to bother putting the fire out, despite his grenades, both from narrative concerns and because it is easier for our pyromaniac periannath to start them than it is for him to put them out

MrAbdiel
2023-07-18, 03:36 AM
Bertelis' perception, as requested!

[roll0]

Edit: That's some big notice right there!

Also, hail Lars, honored alumnus! If Gimgroth is on his way to Miragliano via Nuvolone pass, and if his intention was to pick up his daughter so she is with him and therefore in the safest place in the world and then head back through the pass, he could take a barge up the branch from the River Brienne all the way to the ocean; and then take a boat from there up the coast to Mousillon, since he knows we are going that way. If we end up having to make out way back from bloody Norsca, which seems to be the case presently, it'll take us that long to cross the sea of chaos and travel down the coast from the north.

LarsWester
2023-07-18, 09:11 AM
So doing a little math here. Riverboat averages 2.5 mph but probably could go nonstop. So call it 40 miles a day along the river adding in time for stops. That would mean the river portion would take 4 days. Then there is the 800 miles by road. A pony goes about 5mph so figuring pressing the horse for 8 hours a day. that's 20 days of travel. Means that after parting ways Gimgroth would arrive in Miragliano 24 days later. Consider 5 days to gather Beatrix and find work heading North. His intent is to purchase a pony for Beatrix to ride. He would ask his employer for a mount as he served as a guard for the caravan moving North. Gimgroth would be considered a Skilled Servant with the normal rate over 50s a day. He was in a hurry and not wanting to draw attention to himself he has agreed to a 1GC/day plus the use of his mount and food for himself and Beatrix. He would be 7 days on the trail at this point in time.

Pivoting a bit:
Work has lightened up a bit and I should be able to resume my previous posting rate. If people are open to an eventual rejoining of Gimgroth I would like to start moving in that direction. I'm not asking for a time jump or anything to get us there right away. If the current players are not opposed to the idea, I'll start roleplaying Gimgroth and Beatrix journey to rejoin with the Order of the Slug and avoid the dreaded Yellow-Eyes. I don't feel that the beardless dwarf's story is finished yet.

wilphe
2023-07-18, 12:53 PM
Love to have you back

Not going to worry that you probably might not able to make that speed through the mountains

bramblefoot
2023-07-18, 02:33 PM
same!

to quote zombie jesus, join us

bramblefoot
2023-07-18, 03:10 PM
meloth firefighting check

[roll0]

the fire is not under control, and may spread

MrAbdiel
2023-07-18, 04:10 PM
Agi -20… aw jeez. I think I’m going to the painting world to fight the painting monster of paint.

[roll0]

Ah! So close.

bramblefoot
2023-07-18, 04:13 PM
Agi -20… aw jeez. I think I’m going to the painting world to fight the painting monster of paint.

[roll0]

Ah! So close.

yes, yeessssss!

MrAbdiel
2023-07-18, 06:50 PM
Dark Bramble straight up M. Bisoning, over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

BananaPhone
2023-07-18, 07:42 PM
I rolled an agility test in the wrong thread and got a 50 lol. If you're okay with that bramble (given you're in the game too) I'll run with that.

If not... [roll0] vs TN 58.

bramblefoot
2023-07-18, 09:36 PM
I rolled an agility test in the wrong thread and got a 50 lol. If you're okay with that bramble (given you're in the game too) I'll run with that.

If not... [roll0] vs TN 58.

all good. now had you failed this test, i would have been jumping for joy, and made you use this one

cackles

wilphe
2023-07-19, 03:29 AM
[roll0] AG24

LarsWester
2023-07-19, 11:22 AM
Love to have you back

Not going to worry that you probably might not able to make that speed through the mountains

Fair point honestly hadn't thought of that. Probably safe to say that Gimgroth and Beatrix just left Miragliano. He would have taken a position with a caravan guard heading to Bretonnia from Tilea. The caravan would be making stops at Castle Carrard, Castle Carcasonne, Aquitaine, Chateua D' Epee, and ending in Bordeleaux. Gimgroth knew the final destination as home to Bertelis's family lands. He had hoped that by some chance he might reunite with the company there or at the very least hear some word of their whereabouts. I believe that the caravan journey might take a month at least if not two.

wilphe
2023-07-19, 11:47 AM
Have we become superheroes now that half the party has a teenage sidekick?

LarsWester
2023-07-19, 11:52 AM
Speaking of teenage sidekicks I was thinking about stating up Beatrix as an Entertainer. She developed quite a talent for singing and musical instruments during her stay at the tavern. Should I bother with rolling stats for her and build like a starting character i.e. 2 random talents and 1 free advance?

The other option besides Entertainer is Servant. But I prefer Entertainer.

farothel
2023-07-19, 01:05 PM
agility roll at -20: [roll0] vs 21

I get sucked in, but I still do quite a bit of damage.

bramblefoot
2023-07-19, 01:29 PM
Speaking of teenage sidekicks I was thinking about stating up Beatrix as an Entertainer. She developed quite a talent for singing and musical instruments during her stay at the tavern. Should I bother with rolling stats for her and build like a starting character i.e. 2 random talents and 1 free advance?

The other option besides Entertainer is Servant. But I prefer Entertainer.

to quote dearest emperor palpy, dew it!

bramblefoot
2023-07-20, 09:15 PM
ok, as i see this game is beginning to flag, i feel i should cut ahead to the big bad boss fight

any objections?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-21, 05:14 AM
Oh, I don't think that's necessary. I think sometimes we hit a point where folks aren't sure what's happening; in a face to face game, people are constantly reminded. In PBP, people can wait a week before someone asks who is waiting for what.

Bruno, Bertelis, and Wighard have all been sucked into the painting. At that point, we're not sure what's going on so we might need to discover that! And Bruno made a full attack hoping to damage the painting on his way in, as referenced in his post.

Both Jasmine and Reginé managed to hold their ground. So I think what we might be waiting on is finding out what this means - do we suddenly appear in the painting..? Is there a way out from within, we can see? Or are we just in a giant mouth hidden behind the painting?

BananaPhone
2023-07-21, 05:35 AM
Regine will be using her torch to set the painting on fire.

wilphe
2023-07-21, 07:08 AM
I am travelling, so may be patchy

I will however also be interested to find out if we are in in Bosch

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/The_Garden_of_earthly_delights.jpg/825px-The_Garden_of_earthly_delights.jpg

Or Bruegel

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Pieter_Bruegel_der_Aeltere_-_Der_Triumph_des_Todes_-_mit_Rahmen_II.jpg/1280px-Pieter_Bruegel_der_Aeltere_-_Der_Triumph_des_Todes_-_mit_Rahmen_II.jpg

farothel
2023-07-21, 07:24 AM
I sincerely hope not. Those are not fun paintings.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-21, 09:11 AM
Regine will be using her torch to set the painting on fire.

I wish you wouldn't, until we get out of it! But hell if I know how painting logic works.

BananaPhone
2023-07-21, 09:19 AM
Maybe burning it will get you out of it?

farothel
2023-07-21, 09:57 AM
Maybe burning it will get you out of it?

or burns us with it. But hey, we can't yell something at you, so it's your character and we'll see what happens.

LarsWester
2023-07-21, 12:12 PM
Good luck everyone sucked inside a painting that umm ... sucks. FWIW I generate stats for Beatrix and included them at the bottom of Gimgroth's character sheet linked in my sig. I think G & B just started North out of Miragliano travelling along with a caravan. Gimgroth is earning a GC per day serving as a guard the discounted rate is so he undersells his abilities and allows for food and fodder for Beatrix and her pony as well as himself.

bramblefoot
2023-07-21, 02:40 PM
wighard strength roll

under 24

[roll0]

i hope you dont mind me rolling for you wilphe, i just needed to figure if your in our out

dojango
2023-07-21, 11:02 PM
Hmm Jasmine doesn't want to burn the painting if her friends are in it, but also doesn't want to inspect the painting too closely to see if her friends are in it if you know what I mean. But she also doesn't want to do nothing. Workshopping ideas... Might try and grab it and yoink it outside into the sunlight if Regina and Meloth are able to help.

MrAbdiel
2023-07-22, 02:26 AM
It definately seems to need to be away from those suffering souls. I don't like the idea of killing them pre-emptively to prevent the painting from soul-sucking them - frankly, it doesn't strike me as a particularly heroic notion! But Bertelis is in the gizzards of the painting now, so he can hardly say one thing or t'uther.

bramblefoot
2023-07-22, 01:10 PM
It definately seems to need to be away from those suffering souls. I don't like the idea of killing them pre-emptively to prevent the painting from soul-sucking them - frankly, it doesn't strike me as a particularly heroic notion! But Bertelis is in the gizzards of the painting now, so he can hardly say one thing or t'uther.

noo, dont take me away from the souls! rages with tentacles

BananaPhone
2023-07-22, 06:14 PM
Hmm Jasmine doesn't want to burn the painting if her friends are in it, but also doesn't want to inspect the painting too closely to see if her friends are in it if you know what I mean. But she also doesn't want to do nothing. Workshopping ideas... Might try and grab it and yoink it outside into the sunlight if Regina and Meloth are able to help.

Burn it...burn it...burn it....lol

The cultists seem to be willingly submitting themselves to 'power' the painting, so they're accessories. Taking them out seems like fair targets.

bramblefoot
2023-07-22, 09:52 PM
Burn it...burn it...burn it....lol

The cultists seem to be willingly submitting themselves to 'power' the painting, so they're accessories. Taking them out seems like fair targets.

you little firebug you

bramblefoot
2023-07-24, 06:03 PM
ahem

regine, wighard, you two are up

just giving a little poke

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 05:44 AM
orc parry

[roll0]

success!

MrAbdiel
2023-07-25, 07:20 AM
There you go; complication and a half.

I made a lot of assumptions though, let me know if it's too much and I can retract it to something simpler.

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 07:43 AM
There you go; complication and a half.

I made a lot of assumptions though, let me know if it's too much and I can retract it to something simpler.

no thats all good! take a hell coin of hard decisions. you can use it like a lucky charm, or use it to activate a ladys blessing

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 08:02 AM
im imagining bertelis chopping madly at the heart while davy jones organ plays menacingly in the background

MrAbdiel
2023-07-25, 08:17 AM
no thats all good! take a hell coin of hard decisions. you can use it like a lucky charm, or use it to activate a ladys blessing

I will pull it from the gore of the heart!

farothel
2023-07-25, 10:45 AM
I'll reply tomorrow, but I have this distinct feeling that this Orc is quite a lot better at combat than I am. Maybe time to try something new.

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 04:08 PM
I'll reply tomorrow, but I have this distinct feeling that this Orc is quite a lot better at combat than I am. Maybe time to try something new.

im completely with you on that

ignore this roll

[roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-07-25, 07:43 PM
Strength check: [roll0] vs TN 44

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 09:57 PM
Strength check: [roll0] vs TN 44

time to all chant part of the heart, part of the crypt

any volunteers as to who wants to replace the heart?

BananaPhone
2023-07-25, 10:18 PM
Despite her trappings of being a 'master thief' and 'French Catwoman', at the end of the day, Regine is a Bretonnian peasant, so when asked who she thinks should be sacrificed her first instinct is to ask: who is the most different from me?

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 10:21 PM
Despite her trappings of being a 'master thief' and 'French Catwoman', at the end of the day, Regine is a Bretonnian peasant, so when asked who she thinks should be sacrificed her first instinct is to ask: who is the most different from me?

of course, peasants scoffs go back to fighting and dying in pointless wars, like the irish!

no offense to any irishmen, or to any peasants

fun fact, the reason the irish were drafted was because strong teeth let them tear cartridges to reload muskets

adulterated bread shattered a lot of british teeth, and killed a lot of children. alum is not edible

dojango
2023-07-25, 10:50 PM
time to all chant part of the heart, part of the crypt

any volunteers as to who wants to replace the heart?

someone on the other side of the world, we'll be back in a jiffy with them, trust us.

bramblefoot
2023-07-25, 10:53 PM
someone on the other side of the world, we'll be back in a jiffy with them, trust us.

im afraid it doesnt work like that. mr seven foot skeleton is veeeerry insistant

also, mr skellybob is quite a nasty POS to tussle with

MrAbdiel
2023-07-26, 05:16 AM
of course, peasants scoffs go back to fighting and dying in pointless wars, like the irish!

no offense to any irishmen, or to any peasants

fun fact, the reason the irish were drafted was because strong teeth let them tear cartridges to reload muskets

adulterated bread shattered a lot of british teeth, and killed a lot of children. alum is not edible

That... is not a 'fun' fact!

Hmm. Well, on one hand, I think we can afford to wait for Wilphe a bit in the 'main' fight scene - he mentioned he's travelling. But no major actions have befallen our poor wizard except getting yoinked in, then shortly puked out of, a horrible portrait. I am sure he'll be delighted to give us a vivid glimpse of Wighard's painting hellscape before getting ripped out by the convulsion.

I think he'll go for the Bosch.

As for Bertelis and the Skelly gentleman... Well... I mean, "do my evil bidding and condemn someone to be the beating heart of this wicked engine" was unlikely to provoke any other response...

*Loosens grip on fate point...*

bramblefoot
2023-07-26, 06:12 AM
oki, mr skelly isnt evil, just karmic. more will be explained

MrAbdiel
2023-07-26, 07:21 AM
Ooooh. So you're going a real Davy Jones direction after all! This is a 'leave your heart here' as a mystical sacrifice, not a 'KALI-MAAAAAA!' moment.

...Hrmm. These are not bad perks. But the supernatural horror of it all the same is somewhat distressing. This... may end up being a job for our good friend Meloth; it might be poetic for him to become lord of the travelling island, after we kill the elf-slaying man in black.

bramblefoot
2023-07-26, 07:24 AM
Ooooh. So you're going a real Davy Jones direction after all! This is a 'leave your heart here' as a mystical sacrifice, not a 'KALI-MAAAAAA!' moment.

...Hrmm. These are not bad perks. But the supernatural horror of it all the same is somewhat distressing. This... may end up being a job for our good friend Meloth; it might be poetic for him to become lord of the travelling island, after we kill the elf-slaying man in black.

correct! im glad you caught that!

dojango
2023-07-26, 08:54 AM
Seems like it's Bertelis's call since he's the one talking to the Mr. Skellington. In the meantime, what's needed to pull the guys off their torture-Peletons?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-26, 09:15 AM
Seems like it's Bertelis's call since he's the one talking to the Mr. Skellington. In the meantime, what's needed to pull the guys off their torture-Peletons?

So... Peletons, then.

Bertelis is going to try to negotiate an extension. Seems... rude to just nominate a friend for a mystical cardiectomy without their permission! But for now, I sleep.

bramblefoot
2023-07-26, 09:16 AM

prolly lockpicking or strength, with plenty of issues for failed rolls

farothel
2023-07-26, 10:42 AM
Crap rolls. Hopefully I get rescued before I die in the painting, as I don't think I can keep that Orc off for long.

bramblefoot
2023-07-26, 02:03 PM
lemme roll something

[roll0]

MrAbdiel
2023-07-26, 03:36 PM
Crap rolls. Hopefully I get rescued before I die in the painting, as I don't think I can keep that Orc off for long.

It’s alright - I think you got bounced out when I stabbed the heart!

bramblefoot
2023-07-26, 03:52 PM
It’s alright - I think you got bounced out when I stabbed the heart!

correctamundo

bramblefoot
2023-07-26, 04:07 PM
keeper of balances wp check to keep the island together

[roll0]

dojango
2023-07-26, 05:05 PM
[roll0] v.69 dodge Bruno
[roll1] v.69 pick lock

wilphe
2023-07-27, 11:43 AM
ahem

regine, wighard, you two are up

just giving a little poke

I am a little bit busy

https://www.boardgamers.org/

Gonna give you an update today hopefully as I have some time to myself

bramblefoot
2023-07-27, 12:09 PM
I am a little bit busy

https://www.boardgamers.org/

Gonna give you an update today hopefully as I have some time to myself

ooh, funsies! wish you all the best

farothel
2023-07-27, 01:31 PM
I'll also not post a lot during the next weekend. The animal shelter I volunteer has an open day and I'm helping and in the evening both tomorrow and Saturday I have Boardgames or roleplay.

bramblefoot
2023-07-27, 01:33 PM
I'll also not post a lot during the next weekend. The animal shelter I volunteer has an open day and I'm helping and in the evening both tomorrow and Saturday I have Boardgames or roleplay.

thank you for the update!

BananaPhone
2023-07-27, 10:35 PM
Pick Lock; [roll0] vs TN 98

BananaPhone
2023-07-27, 10:36 PM
Common Knowledge (Bretonnia): [roll0] vs TN 87

MrAbdiel
2023-07-28, 03:11 AM
When you say “missing Duke”, bramble, you mean the missing Lord of that area that holds the coast of L’Anguille by the Dragon’s Maw - the one with the very sad story about his son, still a child, ruling in his place and missing his dad?

Or is this… an actually missing duke?

bramblefoot
2023-07-28, 01:55 PM
When you say “missing Duke”, bramble, you mean the missing Lord of that area that holds the coast of L’Anguille by the Dragon’s Maw - the one with the very sad story about his son, still a child, ruling in his place and missing his dad?

whichever makes a cooler story.

lets say this duke is the ruler of mousillon

wilphe
2023-07-28, 02:54 PM
Lost lord makes more sense given that the last Duke of Mousillon turned to the Dark Side

bramblefoot
2023-07-28, 05:37 PM
Lost lord makes more sense given that the last Duke of Mousillon turned to the Dark Side

understood comrade wighard

MrAbdiel
2023-07-28, 11:34 PM
Yeah, Mousillon has no official duke to speak of.

… not until Bertelis conquers it.

BananaPhone
2023-07-28, 11:36 PM

I know what you're thinking: we hold him ransom until we are paid half a duchys annual GDP.

We're set for life!

bramblefoot
2023-07-28, 11:38 PM
I know what you're thinking: we hold him ransom until we are paid half a duchys annual GDP.

We're set for life!

good luck with that! :smallbiggrin:

i have plans

MrAbdiel
2023-07-29, 05:03 AM
Reposting from my IC post's spoiler. Some of our party is busy with life stuff rn so it's a good time to OOC ask about the heart matter.

You've made it appealing, Bramble; but Bertelis won't be wanting the heart transplant. It's possible someone else might. I suspect Bruno, Jasmine and Regine all prefer their Fellowship and passions intact than the Willpower boost and the fear-counter.

Wighard might go for it, given that WP is valuable to him as a wizard; but honestly the big dealbreaker might remain "give away your heart in supernatural exchange for vague mastery of the tower".

So my feeling is, if no one else wants it, I think NPC Meloth should go for it.

1. Neatly removes Meloth from the party
2. Meloth is a strange loner anyway
3. Previous owner is an elf killer, it's poetic justice for an elf to kill him and take his tower
4. Gives Meloth an act of tragic sacrifice to depart from the story upon; perhaps someday we will return to him.
5. NPC Meloth could learn the mastery of the island and turn it into a beautiful elven grove on the seas which is sort of cool.

Let us know your thoughts, everyone.

dojango
2023-07-29, 09:48 AM
I think Bertelis is putting too much stock in the offer of a walking talking skeleton that he literally just met. This is how nobles end up broke after heavily investing in NFTs and meme-stocks! Does he want you to sign away your first born as well? (Although, that is one option...) Jasmine, if she were aware of the situation, would advise you to give non-committal answers and then we sail away and never come back after setting fire to as much of the island as possible!

bramblefoot
2023-07-29, 10:08 AM
I think Bertelis is putting too much stock in the offer of a walking talking skeleton that he literally just met. This is how nobles end up broke after heavily investing in NFTs and meme-stocks! Does he want you to sign away your first born as well? (Although, that is one option...) Jasmine, if she were aware of the situation, would advise you to give non-committal answers and then we sail away and never come back after setting fire to as much of the island as possible!

that is your opinion. what is behind the screen is my purview not yours

smacks halfling fingers with ruler

MrAbdiel
2023-07-29, 10:20 AM

I am taking him a little more seriously than I might in another situation! But I’m playing ball with the GM signals. In a table game we could have a long more convincing conversation but we’re shortcutting a bit to the leap-of-faith part that comes after because PbP disallows normal conversation.

But also sail away is also an option, and not a bad one!

bramblefoot
2023-07-29, 10:26 AM
I am taking him a little more seriously than I might in another situation! But I’m playing ball with the GM signals. In a table game we could have a long more convincing conversation but we’re shortcutting a bit to the leap-of-faith part that comes after because PbP disallows normal conversation.

But also sail away is also an option, and not a bad one!

hehe

any opposition to me cutting ahead to the major boss battle?

MrAbdiel
2023-07-29, 10:46 AM
Let’s give Wilphe a chance to respond IC, and the others a chance to consider the heart dealy in the OOC.

With some members travelling and away we should expect slow movement for a week or so.

After that, we have to reunited the team (hopefully the stairs lead right up to the torture chamber) and then we have to figure out if we:

A) donate a heart
B) don’t donate a heart and rush up the tower to fight ear-taker the cruel
C) don’t donate a heart and run like hell to the boat and take off

So I appreciate your readiness to move on to more action (oh god Bertelis is so exhausted ;-; ) but I think we have some party stuff to work out. It might take a few posts and a bit of waiting for our travelling members but IC it is unlikely to take very long at all; hopefully we will not overburden the Keeper with the delay.

bramblefoot
2023-07-29, 11:02 AM
understood. i will wait :smallannoyed:

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 07:28 AM
sighs

im getting antsy. someone kindly poke wilphe with a cattle prod?

BananaPhone
2023-07-30, 07:34 AM
Bloke's traveling isn't he?

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 07:38 AM
Bloke's traveling isn't he?

oh, yeh. boardgamers innit?

crikey!

also, banana, its your move for kislev

wilphe
2023-07-30, 03:15 PM
Wighard will not take the thing offered

He has enough cool stuff and spotlight time

He would look amongst the crew, or those who have been rescued

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 04:26 PM
Wighard will not take the thing offered

He has enough cool stuff and spotlight time

He would look amongst the crew, or those who have been rescued

make your post then, im getting antsy

wilphe
2023-07-30, 05:58 PM
I'm tired, I just had a crap experience for dinner and I am not sure how you envisaged this scene going down so I have difficultly working with you here

Bertelis isn't interested

Wighard isn't interested IC or OOC

Regine is too superstitious

Jasmine is that and all torches and pitchforks too, and Wighard regards her as too impulsive for such responsibility

No sign Bruno would be interested either

Also Wighard does not want the island to fail and them have to make their way back south by themselves

All this points to "find an NPC", but in order for that to work he needs to know what they are getting into - informed consent and all that

wilphe
2023-07-30, 06:01 PM
And if the answer is "make something up" that's cool, I just need to know, because you clearly put a lot of thought into this setup and I don't want to contradict

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 06:05 PM
I'm tired, I just had a crap experience for dinner and I am not sure how you envisaged this scene going down so I have difficultly working with you here

Bertelis isn't interested

Wighard isn't interested IC or OOC

Regine is too superstitious

Jasmine is that and all torches and pitchforks too, and Wighard regards her as too impulsive for such responsibility

No sign Bruno would be interested either

Also Wighard does not want the island to fail and them have to make their way back south by themselves

All this points to "find an NPC", but in order for that to work he needs to know what they are getting into - informed consent and all that

ill say meloth will take it. the keeper of balance has looked into his heart.

if there are no objections i will make a post about the heart, and we can move on

also, im sorry about your dinner experience

wilphe
2023-07-30, 06:15 PM
I suspect the waitress was new, or had some things going on.

But yeah, I was not very happy

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 06:39 PM
keepers wp roll

[roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 07:25 PM
elf-ears sorcery roll to bring up a wall of air

[roll0]

that will most definitely cut it

any ranged attacks through the wall of air are at -30

BananaPhone
2023-07-30, 07:40 PM

Silent Move: [roll1] vs TN 98

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 07:51 PM
fyi, banana concealment up here is a no-go. there is no concealment up here whatsoever

wilphe
2023-07-30, 07:53 PM
I suspect the waitress was new, or had some things going on.

But yeah, I was not very happy

In retrospect I should probably have asked to speak to the manager and then chewed her out for not training her team properly rather than leaving a derisory tip, but there you go

wilphe
2023-07-30, 07:56 PM
Are either of these one of the two survivors from when we first stepped inside the castle?

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 08:16 PM
Are either of these one of the two survivors from when we first stepped inside the castle?

neither of them are

BananaPhone
2023-07-30, 08:29 PM
fyi, banana concealment up here is a no-go. there is no concealment up here whatsoever

https://media.tenor.com/YcBkWBbMHB4AAAAC/boo-boo-this-man.gif

MrAbdiel
2023-07-30, 08:47 PM
I think Meloth is the right choice for the reasons I suggested earlier. Poor guy. But hopefully he can master the tower and make something of it once we scrape these jerks off it.

Okay so… an evil sorcerer and evil warrior both on evil pegasi.

This is an egregious waste of pegasi and I am furious.

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 08:57 PM
I think Meloth is the right choice for the reasons I suggested earlier. Poor guy. But hopefully he can master the tower and make something of it once we scrape these jerks off it.

Okay so… an evil sorcerer and evil warrior both on evil pegasi.

This is an egregious waste of pegasi and I am furious.

hehe. prepare for flyby attacks

wilphe
2023-07-30, 09:05 PM
Has 4 minutes elapsed since Wighard botched Banishing the painting?

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 09:26 PM
Has 4 minutes elapsed since Wighard botched Banishing the painting?

yes, but these people have special protections

BananaPhone
2023-07-30, 09:47 PM
I will post soon. It's a busy day at work.

bramblefoot
2023-07-30, 10:29 PM
I will post soon. It's a busy day at work.

thunder rumbles it is acceptable thunder recedes

wilphe
2023-07-31, 01:14 PM
[roll0] UcAF Aethyric Shock: The magical energy coursing through you causes you to lose 1 Wound regardless of Toughness bonus or armour

[roll1] Mark

BananaPhone
2023-07-31, 07:33 PM
Iniiitiative: [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-07-31, 07:38 PM
Before combat, Regine is withdrawing behind the cover that's available, drawing out and aiming her repeating crossbow.

When the action starts, she's letting loose bolts at Magic Boi.

Attack 1: [roll0] vs TN 66 36
If fury: [roll1] vs TN 66
Damage: [roll2]
If fury: [roll3]

Attack 2:[roll4] vs TN 66 36
If fury: [roll5] vs TN 66
Damage: [roll6]
If fury: [roll7]

He takes 11 then 12 wounds.

dojango
2023-07-31, 07:53 PM
[roll0] initiative.
Hold action for now.

bramblefoot
2023-07-31, 08:30 PM
magic boi will burn one of his lucky charms to tank the 12 wounds

BananaPhone
2023-07-31, 08:37 PM
He has to declare that before seeing the wounds :smalltongue:. He's already protected by -30 to hit lol.

bramblefoot
2023-07-31, 08:39 PM
He has to declare that before seeing the wounds :smalltongue:. He's already protected by -30 to hit lol.

this is pbp. you cant declare beforehand. i will make an addendum to say the same applies to you

MrAbdiel
2023-08-01, 02:47 AM

The audacity of you, BP.

The sheer audacity.

BananaPhone
2023-08-01, 06:10 AM
That could be the name of the ship! The Audacious.

But come'on. She can't conceal herself, she gets -30 to hit penalty and she not only hits with both bolts but also does amazing damage only to get half of it hand-waved away by some lucky charm :smalltongue:. Course I was going to take a swing to try and retain it lol.

MrAbdiel
2023-08-01, 06:40 AM
It was great shooting, Tex. Need to knock off those charms anyway!

MrAbdiel
2023-08-02, 04:32 AM
Psst! Wilphe! It was Jasmine who asked for the dispel, not Regine! But there’s a lot of wind, it’s pretty loud. Might be funnier to sass the wrong gal.

wilphe
2023-08-02, 05:06 AM
He means that it hasn't stopped Regine from hitting and that Jasmine should just suck it up

MrAbdiel
2023-08-02, 11:45 AM
He means that it hasn't stopped Regine from hitting and that Jasmine should just suck it up

Oh, well.

... Well I'll just shut up then.

bramblefoot
2023-08-02, 02:42 PM
prepare for trouble!

[roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-08-02, 02:43 PM
minor flashback

[roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-08-02, 02:46 PM
rolling for dark lore bad stiuff

[roll0]

bramblefoot
2023-08-02, 02:47 PM
hit location for disfigurement

[roll0]

farothel
2023-08-02, 03:13 PM
I've done my XP. I've just added it all to WS and BS so I have actually a chance to hit something.

wilphe
2023-08-02, 03:45 PM
So is the Tower secure and in our hands?

What about headless and other dude?

wilphe
2023-08-02, 05:22 PM
400 XP

Finally taking Dodge Blow CC, resisted for a long time but it now makes sense

Light's Demand

Int +5