PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the yawning portal

Psyche
2023-06-26, 06:47 AM
Not sure exactly what is supposed to be done here, but this is the OOC thread for this: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657436-Tales-From-the-Yawning-Portal&p=25809887#post25809887
Campaign

Auranghzeb
2023-06-26, 10:17 AM
Not sure if everyone got selected. Specifically if Graz Spatz the III got selected.

But posting here in case that is indeed the case.

Psyche
2023-06-26, 10:34 AM
look at the recruiting thread.

Siryuu
2023-06-26, 11:00 AM
Hey there, nice to meet you all! Thanks for having us, Psyche.

Here's our DM's post with the selected players and their sheets:

Okay, so character sheets are as follows:
SCARY WIZARD: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807207
Aurangh: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807225
Hxolpths: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806962
Herastor: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806553
onlie 2005: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807193
Ryuu: (...)

Here's my character sheet in the MW format:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807648

-Ryuu

Kerilstrasz
2023-06-26, 08:26 PM
Keeping in mind the Keristrell is a trained, and soaked in her faith's doctrine to eradicate undead without prejudice,
does the mistress gives off (to Keristrell) any kind of undead vibes??
"Not exactly worshipers of the God of Death..."
"She is.... off color..." etc etc...
Or she maybe believes her abducted kids might turned into undead?
Maybe i'm reading too much into it...

Anyhow... Keristrell is ready to go on.

Psyche
2023-06-26, 08:45 PM
Some slight undertones of undeath, but those you got from druids who visited you in the temple when you were young, more like... extended life vibes

herastor
2023-06-26, 09:38 PM
Here's my character post from the application thread. I could use a second set of eyes, but everything should be done.

Oshana Luer
Half-Elf Sorceress (Lunar Bloodline)

https://i.imgur.com/tF8xyZF.png

Character Sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806553)

A barmaid from the countryside that found her way to the Yawning Portal. She worked there for a bit until she decided to join the ranks of the adventurers she met in her day to day life. A year later she returned only to be swept into another adventure.

For real this time.

[roll0] 12
[roll1] 11
[roll2] 10
[roll3] 15
[roll4] 15
[roll5] 15

Nothing truly awful. I think I'll go with a spellcaster of some sort.

SCARY WIZARD
2023-06-27, 07:58 AM
Heya! This is SCARY WIZARD, as Arulia the Cleric. For text color, I choose Brown.

Arulia of Amaunator
Arulia of Amaunator

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807207)

Lawful Neutral Human Light Cleric 1

https://i.imgur.com/lLuToKw.png

Arulia follows the teachings of her god, Aumautor, with utter surety. She can be a bit of a "stick in the mud" and will lecture others on law and its benefits, but does her best to attempt to shake this when she feels that others are put off by her behavior. She has a love of poetry, storytelling, and small animals.
Arulia exudes quiet authority, and to a lesser extent, judgement. She is tall and striking, with tanned skin, golden-blonde hair, and brown eyes. Her speech is plain, and she sometimes drones when she talks.
While adventuring, she wears red-dyed leather armor with golden accents, and bears a shield decorated with the symbol of her god. A mace rests at her hip, and she often carries a spear with her.

When asked about her past, ARULIA will beam that she was called to serve Amaunator while she was still a clerk living in Tethyr. After being initiated into his faith, she was tasked with spreading his message through word and deed. So it was that she made her way North...

I'll get a post in this Afternoon, Pacific Time -- some cleaning and assembly caught up to me the past two days!

Siryuu
2023-06-27, 08:33 PM
Heya! This is SCARY WIZARD, as Arulia the Cleric. For text color, I choose Brown. (...) I'll get a post in this Afternoon, Pacific Time -- some cleaning and assembly caught up to me the past two days!

Looking forward to it!

@Psyche, can we have a 4 wheeled cart and a small horse or donkey w/reins? Need not be fancy, I think it would be wise to bring something to aid ourselves with the loot and the rescued people.

What about you guys?

herastor
2023-06-27, 09:08 PM
[roll0] x 10 = 140 gp

Siryuu
2023-06-28, 04:57 PM
@Psyche, how close/far is the Sunless Citadel from our location? And how big is it? That's important in regards of the rations.

@Everybody, do we have adventurers with thieves' tools and future/current access to "bless the food" spell?

Kerilstrasz
2023-06-28, 06:14 PM
No answer from Keristrell, other than a courteous nod.
Regarding the shopping trip, Keristrell requires nothing more than she already has.

As far as thieves tools, it won't be until lvl7 that Keristrell will get both the tools and the proficiency.

Auranghzeb
2023-06-29, 07:19 AM
@Psyche, how close/far is the Sunless Citadel from our location? And how big is it? That's important in regards of the rations.

@Everybody, do we have adventurers with thieves' tools and future/current access to "bless the food" spell?

I have thieves tools and proficiency with them

Siryuu
2023-06-29, 12:12 PM
I have thieves tools and proficiency with them

Great, thank you Auranghzeb, eso mola.

Kerilstrasz
2023-06-30, 03:35 AM
Last minute purchases...
(sorry for the late decision)

1 sack
2* commoner's clothes (kids' size, after quest giver's description of her kids)
8* rations
2* waterskins (water filled)

all in the sack, so we can get the kids comfortable when we find them for the return trip.

5,4g

Siryuu
2023-06-30, 09:30 AM
I must said that you made an interesting purchase. The prisoners rescued people will be most pleased :tongue:

Psyche
2023-06-30, 02:10 PM
You are a 36 hour journey away from the citadel, through desert

SCARY WIZARD
2023-06-30, 03:49 PM
(OOC: Four things, first, does anyone here know a battle map system that could be viewed by all of us and is free?

There's Roll20, there was also Owlbear Rodeo from what I can recall...? The others might have far better ideas than I do, though!

Siryuu
2023-06-30, 06:30 PM
There's Roll20, there was also Owlbear Rodeo from what I can recall...? The others might have far better ideas than I do, though!

There is also rolz.org, you can make an account that keeps your email private and stuff. It includes a dice roller as well. I’ve used it in my games. It’s good and simple.

Third, I just realized that since I won't be allowed to do electronics on weekdays, I can't DM on weekdays during the school year
and finally, I am going on vacation through july 5th

Well, regarding dming once a week, it’s sort of surprising. A game that updates once per week would be really hard to keep up because pbp is not very fit for that. Psyche, you said you’ll be able to play normally for the length of the summer, ‘till what date?
From what day? Do you mean we have time to post until next wednesday (July 5th)?

SCARY WIZARD
2023-06-30, 07:16 PM
I've seen all kinds of schedules work, myself, so I'm not too bothered...

Rolz! That's what I was thinking of! jeez and when I started all we had was MSPaint, MapTool, and GameTable

Siryuu
2023-06-30, 11:25 PM
Rolz! That's what I was thinking of! jeez and when I started all we had was MSPaint, MapTool, and GameTable

Ah yes I can relate!

I've seen all kinds of schedules work, myself, so I'm not too bothered..

Yeah, that’s something I must highlight Psyche, you can count me in, as I already said at the recruitment. I appreciate you told us about your potential schedule, I’m looking forward to the “summer season”, and when the time comes let’s see what happens next!

onlie2005
2023-07-01, 09:55 PM
Do I roll the death saves or do you?

Kerilstrasz
2023-07-02, 08:38 AM
Rerolling for ...

EDIT:
rerolling in ooc thread for botched roll

[roll0]

Auranghzeb
2023-07-02, 09:02 AM
Absolutely no issues with the schedule, sorry for missing the turn, I'm currently unemployed/on a break and that means I actually get to spend time outdoors and avoid the computer for days at a time.

Kerilstrasz
2023-07-07, 04:15 PM
Who rolls the save? Everyone?
What did Keristrell end up doing? Waking Maria up or attacking a blight?

Psyche
2023-07-07, 07:42 PM
Attacking a blight, everyone

Siryuu
2023-07-07, 08:24 PM
The thing speaks in a male human voice while it looks down at its wound
"Death throws, doesn't it" It then explodes into a burst of necrotic energy. Make a DC 13 constitution save, if you fail you fall unconcious for 1 hour and are poisoned for 24 hours afterward.
OOC: Do you like the pun? Throes, Throws? It was bad, wasn't it.

So, do I get a special positive effect from dealing a critical? I mean, the explosion taking place and hurting the character practically as a result of the critical makes me wonder about it.

Psyche
2023-07-08, 08:52 AM
No, srry, if it makes you feel better it isn't a direct result of the crit.

Siryuu
2023-07-08, 02:45 PM
No, srry, if it makes you feel better it isn't a direct result of the crit.
Well I don't want to expect enemies calling for a save check whenever I beat them, what can I do to improve or prevent such situations besides leveling up?

ooc: 1 HP from Lay on Hands to anyone that is on death saving throws
@Keristrell can you please use it to heal the poison status?

Kerilstrasz
2023-07-08, 05:16 PM
@Keristrell can you please use it to heal the poison status?

It requires 5 points for a pseudo restoration effect.
I only have 5. So, better to get everyone on their feet and have a long rest.

Kerilstrasz
2023-07-09, 12:47 PM
The Old Road passes to the east of a narrow ravine. At the road's closest approach to the cleft, several broken pillars jut from the earth where the ravine widens. Two of the pillars stand straight, but most lean atop sloped earth. Others are broken, and several have apparently fallen into the dark depths. A few similar pillars are visible on the opposite side of the ravine.
A sturdy, knotted rope is tied to one of the leaning pillars on this side of the ravine.
How do you approach?

Did we had our long rest?
We were in the middle of setting up camp.
Did we raised & treated all of our fallen companions?
Is it the next morning?
Don't skip ahead please!

Siryuu
2023-07-09, 02:57 PM
I'm not quite convinced of playing at disadvantage on all my rolls at the beginning of the game.

It requires 5 points for a pseudo restoration effect.
I only have 5. So, better to get everyone on their feet and have a long rest.
Can you even heal poison with a long rest?

Kerilstrasz
2023-07-09, 03:57 PM
Lay on Hands
Your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest.
With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level x 5.
As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.
Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it.
You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.
This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.

i can take away 1 poison at this lvl.
Or save those on saving throws..

Psyche
2023-07-09, 08:29 PM
Did we had our long rest?
We were in the middle of setting up camp.
Did we raised & treated all of our fallen companions?
Is it the next morning?
Don't skip ahead please!
The night went well, nothing else of interest happened.
All wounds are treated
It is the next morning
So srry, but I have a bunch of vacations in the next few weeks. The first one is this thursday

SCARY WIZARD
2023-07-10, 05:50 AM
Hoo, boy, did my schedule catch up to me! I'm back, and here... Lemme Ketchup.

Siryuu
2023-07-10, 11:03 AM
i can take away 1 poison at this lvl. Or save those on saving throws..
I know how the ability works, I’m just wondering... now that Mary is "fine" why would the paladin doubt in helping another comrade in need? Stabilizing people is fairly easy without magic and resting can replenish HP; but you can’t heal poison that way.

So srry, but I have a bunch of vacations in the next few weeks. The first one is this thursday
Psyche, you told us the summer season was “clear”, how many breaks should we expect/how often?

Psyche
2023-07-10, 03:22 PM
Not many. Sorry about that, I have a schedule entirely based on the decisions of others, so I have little to no choice.

Siryuu
2023-07-10, 08:39 PM
Not many. Sorry about that, I have a schedule entirely based on the decisions of others, so I have little to no choice.

Noted, thanks for your reply!

Auranghzeb
2023-07-12, 12:12 AM
I'm dropping out,

Nothing personal, but the pace of the game is not for me. Thanks and sorry.

Kerilstrasz
2023-07-14, 05:09 AM
I'm dropping out,

Nothing personal, but the pace of the game is not for me. Thanks and sorry.

Seconded.
Pace too slow for me.
No hard feelings.
You may npc my character or loot her.
Just don't kill her.

Have fun!

Psyche
2023-07-19, 12:36 PM
Ah, well, another failed campaign, I will try to continue with the remaining 4 but I don't know if I will be able to.

onlie2005
2023-07-19, 12:38 PM
Sorry, I can only post so much without repeating myself. I was willing to see this one through and am only sorry I could not do more.