PDA

View Full Version : OOC Nexus Seekers

Memphisto
2023-07-06, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the Nexus Seekers, bring over your characters for ease of reference of course and let's get this party started.

FrightKnight0
2023-07-06, 10:41 AM
Kaya Baihu, Squire Peregrine, Champion of Radiance (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807231)

https://static.zerochan.net/Erza.Scarlet.full.3529627.png
Kaya is a woman of average height and build, with toned muscles from a lifetime of martial training, brown eyes, and long, red hair. She dresses in a traveler's tunic and breeches normally, but can swap her normal clothing out for her Radiant Armaments at a moment's notice, donning a breastplate of shimmering, almost-liquid silver as well as a simple, flowing blue skirt.
Kaya is a cheerful, bombastic woman, one who is equally at home celebrating in a rowdy tavern and diving headfirst into a pitched battle, sword held high and a song in her heart. Her attitude belies her modest stature, her inner light bubbling over into a general good nature and larger-than-life attitude that makes her difficult to ignore. That doesn't make her a pushover, however; she'll just as cheerfully dig in her heels and plant herself like a tree if she deems it necessary to do what she sees as her duty, and is possessed of a stubborn streak a mile wide.
Trained from youth in the arts of the Knights Peregrine, Kaya is an an aspiring knight who has dedicated her whole life to defending innocent creatures across the planes. Her teacher, the Peregrine Knight Shen Yu, was a wandering hero who took her in after arriving too late to spare her village from a stampede of mindless elementals driven off the Lattice by his fight with an evil sorceress. Originally, he didn't intend to teach her to fight, simply bringing her with him on his travels to try and find her a loving home; that changed when Kaya began having dreams of Radiance, her interplanar travels alongside the dragonborn knight sparking a connection to the elemental light. Seeing her gifts, he offered to teach her to awaken her spirit, her Atum, and use it to reinforce her body and attune herself to all the planes, not just the Radiance. Swearing to follow the tenets of her rescuer's order, Kaya began honing her skills, learning to conjure both weapon and armor, focusing her power through them to keep up with her mentor, and joining him in his crusade against the evils of the Lattice for a time. However, a letter found its way to Shen Yu when the pair returned to Nexus to resupply, and he told her that where he went next, she could not follow without perishing instantly. He had a favor to repay, and she was nearly ready to set off on her own as well. He recommended her to the Nexus Seekers, an adventuring company with whom he had worked in the past and who he knew to be honorable, before leaving her behind to grow into her own Knight.
A loosely affiliated order of traveling heroes, a Knight Peregrine swears to defend the freedom of all sentient beings to her dying breath, and is taught to navigate the planes with little but her own mortal skill. Peregrine Knights have few hard and fast tenets, but those they do have are clad in purest Adamantine; they are never to abide slavery in any form, they are never to take the life of an innocent person, and they are to treat all sentient beings equally no matter their plane of origin. Just as angels may fall, demons may ascend, and all will be judged on their individual merit. Knights Peregrine are largely nomadic, traveling the world and following their consciences and instincts to try and find the times and places where they are most needed. Skilled Knights are at home on even the most hostile of planes, and Masters of the order are even rumored to be able to rend the veils between worlds with their bare hands in times of dire need.
I'm taking some themes from Kill Six Billion Demons, like the name of the Order, but we have almost no canon information on the Knights Peregrine; they're one of the four orders of mortal knights that were created by the Demiurges, and they're responsible for, in the source material, patrolling the King's Road. Just about the only information we actually get about their order is a two-line segment of a children's rhyme;

the peregrine, whose bell always rings the crack of breaking day, it's nameless peal will drive the ceaseless evil from the ways.
In this, I'm using them as an organization of Realmwalkers, since the class seems to fit that ideal, and their lack of a firm organization and tendency to wander (Peregrine, etymologically, comes from the Latin for 'foreign') means that one joining the Nexus Seekers to better enable her to execute her duties and hone her skills is perfectly in character.

Speech Color: C9003C, Ruby Red

razorfloss
2023-07-06, 10:56 AM
Zilthis Mistshadow (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806175)

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/f2/3b/ef/f23bef717bc1be0395a32d4bfff3f6d7--fantasy-characters.jpg

A young elven looking man with prominent brown stag horns and eyes that are baby blue but turn purple in direct light. He stands at 6Ft tall and has small dragonfly wings on his back that he can make move slightly. Usually, seen in clothes that while not fancy are made of good material and strong.

Looking at Zilthis one would be hard pressed to find anything off about him other than the fact that he's a pretty unimpressive druid unattached to the various fey courts who has unusually strained relations with his family for a shadow fey who travels the first word looking for various magical items and unknown spells. He has contacts with other exiles and even helps by providing charity to the newly exiled fey by passing information that could get their exile lifted in exchange for a small amount of coin or favors if said exile cant pay. However those who pay attention will notice that he sends an unusual high amount of these exiles towards the Underleave court although it's subtle. In actuality however he is an agent of Queen Arissiayn of the Underleave court and works to further the interest of the court while working to improve the prestige of his family and in the process earn a prestigious position in the court. As one of the weaker courts Queen Arissiayn is looking to become an eternal to improve her court's power and has her agents looking for any clues on the matter much to Zils annoyance as it makes him have to work for a change.

Ill be speaking in Purple

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-07-06, 11:09 AM
Dusky Glittervine (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2807432)

https://i.redd.it/yx14dy1e7zw41.png

Standing 5'5 this mass of leaves and vines is often studdering and moving at the hint of a breeze before reforming into the shape mimicing a humanoid

Dusky is a Ghoran, that means that as long as they are not outright killed or die of illness, they are effectively immortal, but unable to propogate. For 40 life times Dusky has existed, mostly evading those who would attempt to devour thier tasty tasty flesh, much like some sort of gingerbread man. It wasnt until recently that they began to fight back, training to become a skald to take the fear that has been infused into them, and use it as a weapon against those who chase them. They learned the skills to stop magic, and how to terrify, as well as master the art of percussion.

Dusky has fled to planar travel to avoid those who have chased them in the past, looking for work, and to possibly find allies who wont try to eat them at thier first chance.

Athaleon
2023-07-06, 11:39 AM
Alaric Berengard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806150)

Alaric will use Goldenrod.

(Portrait Pending)

https://youtu.be/j8eVkcH_CPU

The very picture of warrior-nobility: A powerfully-built young man, tall and fair, whose voice and bearing convey confidence in the face of danger. Clad in a curious mix of glittering mail, fine linen, and savage pelts, his physical size is exaggerated further by a tall crested helm. There is no way to miss the enormously oversized greatsword he carries, or the similarly oversized tiger he rides as a steed.

Alaric Berengard hails from a mountainous realm where a small but stubborn population of humans holds out against the encroachment of ever-increasing numbers of orcs. He grew up in what passes for nobility in that rough country; he'd trained since childhood to fight, and to tame and ride not only horses, but the various wild beasts of his realm—including the savage Warcats the orcs had brought with them.

The orcs were not always hostile—in fact the tribes traded frequently with the human towns in the region—but relations had recently taken a turn for the worse. A new chieftain among the orcs had rallied a critical mass of tribes to his side, and he had made it clear that humans were no longer welcome in the mountains. With no great kingdom of their own to whom to appeal for help, the highland folk attempted to organize and resist on their own. Alaric killed his first Orc at 17, and was leading war-parties before another year had passed. But they were so few that despite their skill and bravery, their efforts were likely doomed from the start. The Orc chief eventually declared an ultimatum, ordering all non-Orcs in the realm to leave before the next autumn equinox, lest they be massavred and their settlements burned to the ground. The highland peoples abandoned their homes and their freedom (such as they could still have under the Orcish yoke) for near-certain poverty and subjugation as refugees in the southern lowlands. Alaric was among those who urged against leaving, but he waited until after the exodus before taking the fight to the Orcs, lest he invite retribution upon him and his own.

His guerilla campaign went poorly from the start; without friendly villages in which to seek shelter and succor, the elements wore down at his small band as surely as the enemy's axes and arrows. Eventually he was forced into a battle which he could neither win nor escape from. He made his last stand using an ancient stone circle for cover. Alaric's brother Theodoric was among those who fought alongside him and was mortally wounded by an arrow. Alaric himself was bleeding from half a dozen cuts. The rest of his band were dead, it was just him and his mount (a Warcat named Gale, who had till then remained miraculously unharmed). Alaric had his back against one stone, reeling with concussion, and when he touched the stone with his hand—dripping with his blood and that of his beloved brother—the world vanished.

Thus, Alaric found his way by sheer accident to the City of Seven Seraphs. It took weeks, it seemed, for his shock and grief to subside until he regained the presence of mind to look to his own living—and that of his faithful Gale, who'd somehow been dragged along in his journey across the planes. Having no other skills with which to support himself, he offered his services as a mercenary, and soon fell in with the Nexus Seekers. In his new home, Alaric began to comprehend what a man could truly be capable of. He resolved to earn enough of a fortune, and grow his own personal power by whatever means he could find in this strange crossroads-realm, that he could find his way home to challenge the Orcs again, to avenge his brother and wrest back his people's homeland.

Yas392
2023-07-06, 12:32 PM
Here is Mirabelle (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806083) which I also had pinned the sheet on my signature under "Dancer." She will be speaking in Bold Blue.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-07-06, 03:29 PM
Dusky will be speaking in GREEN

CasualViking
2023-07-07, 02:45 AM
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/050/040/208/large/nathan-poole-img-3264.jpg?1653930282
Tirnireth (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2805798)"Lores Ipsum"
Tirnireth came to the City ...some time ago. Tirn has never been any good at keeping time, or records of any kind for that matter.

He sprung from the Mother Tree a long time ago, and since then, has simply existed in the world. But unfortunately, life can't be all basking in the sunshine, music, compliment battles and peace. The Lord of the Forest was at war, and creatures in his domain were soon press-ganged to join that game. Tirnireth was trained by a coven of hags, and taught the basics of the Cursing Arts. The war changed Tirnireth. He became a little bit more serious, a little bit more focused. And he realized that cursing people could also be an art form, and immensely fun. But when the opportunity to use a faerie ring to **** off presented itself, Tirn took it and never looked back.

Some time has passed, and Tirnireth has become a succesful mercenary. He has expanded on the lessons drilled into him by Sofia, Dimitria and Cassia when he was just a sprig, and inverts the bond of curses to forge bonds of alliance. And still turning people who annoy him into pigs, because that will never not be funny. His one rule is "no bystanders". He was made a warrior against his will, and trained by bullies, but he has never become one of them himself. If someone is just minding their own business, not being a threat, not being in the trade of violence, they are off limits. A lesson Tirnireth will gladly teach to bandits, slavers and warlords.. Perception +8, Scent * HP 52/521) The Brawler (Assigned to XXX, bound to hands, 2 Essence): Entitled may take move action to charge up (max 2). On a weapon hit, spend a charge to disarm, dirty trick, reposition or trip. If entitled can already use maneuver, +4. Essence: +1 to maneuvers per E. +1 charge per 2 E. Bind: On disarm, make an attack with disarmed weapon, no free hand needed. On Dirty Trick, make another dirty trick on other foe. On reposition, target need not remain in reach. May trip flying foes, who lose flying for Cha rounds.
1b) The Brawler (Shared to XXX. Not bound, standard to reassign, counts as same essence as main veil).
2) Stellar Stompers (bound to feet, 2 Essence). Standard action: 1d6 electricity in 5' radius, reflex half. Essence: +1d6 and +5' per Essence. Bind: Move action,
2b) Stellar Stompers (Shared to xxx, standard to reassign, not bound, as same essence as main veil)Internal Dominion of the Sleeping Godess (stance): 1/round, reroll a save or an attack vs me, taking the most advantageous roll.
*Witness to Glory (counter): Immediate even if FF., ally gains +Cha+E, to initiative and 2*(IL+E) THP (2 Essence)
*Decree of death (boost): swift attack no damage. Next hit within 1 round does +50% damage. +2 damage (before increasing) per Es. (2 Essence)
*Chains of Doubt (strike, mind-affecting): +3d6 damage, Will 19 or nauseated 1 round. Aug 1 or 2 PP for +1d6/+2d6 +1dc. Spend Focus: if target fails to save, one ally within 60' is also naus. , no save. (2 Essence)

Not readied: Lifeburst Strike, mind-revealing strike

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-07-07, 02:20 PM
Has an inc thread been posted and I missed it?

Yas392
2023-07-07, 06:02 PM
Not that I noticed, no.

CasualViking
2023-07-09, 01:20 AM
Alaric Berengard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2806150)

Looking over candidates for my own Title Veils, I saw that you had taken The Egoist with Shape Veil. Taken that way, it will let you Entitle someone else. If you want it for yourself, the feat is Narcissism (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/rajah#toc47).

Athaleon
2023-07-09, 09:10 AM
Looking over candidates for my own Title Veils, I saw that you had taken The Egoist with Shape Veil. Taken that way, it will let you Entitle someone else. If you want it for yourself, the feat is Narcissism (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/rajah#toc47).

I actually took it to put on his animal companion so that it could be Size Large and therefore rideable. Alaric also doesn't have an Essence pool of his own, making it hard to get good use out of veils he puts on himself (The Egoist allows the Entitled to invest their Essence), and all his feats for the foreseeable future are spoken for. That said, it did prompt me to take another look at the feats I've taken and how I plan to build for the next few levels, since we haven't started yet.

FrightKnight0
2023-07-09, 11:05 AM
I think I'll give Kaya a Ruby Red variant with C9003C.

Yas392
2023-07-15, 09:19 PM
Is this kicking off or dead?

Athaleon
2023-07-16, 12:13 AM
Is this kicking off or dead?

I hope it's not dead, but the DM hasn't been on for several days and hasn't responded to my PM.

razorfloss
2023-07-16, 09:08 PM
Frankly I think this is dead in the water.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-07-16, 09:58 PM
Ugh, this was so promising