PDA

View Full Version : DM Help AAA: The Wild Sheep Chase, A one-shot fully prepped and ready to go (Updated)

Advent
2023-07-07, 01:38 PM
Sometimes you just don't want to prep. Sometimes you get a last-minute call to run a session. Maybe it's your first time DMing and you don't know where to start.

Whatever the reason, prep may seem like a mountain to climb. Well, allow me to help you! I remember when I was first trying to figure everything out and I stumbled across A Wild Sheep Chase. It's a fantastic One-Shot by Richard Jansen-Parkes that you can get for free over on the DMsguild. The only issue at times can be how do I convert this pdf into an actual session?

Some DMs have a gift, they can read it once and go from there, some are masters at improv, storytelling, and off-the-cuff humor. Well, I unfortunately don't fit that boat and I'm sure many others out there are just like me. I need a ton of notes; because once I've got things organized, then I feel comfortable taking things in new directions.

So welcome to Advent's Amazing Advice! The series where I take popular One-Shots, Adventures, Campaigns, etc. and fully prep them for both New and Busy DMs. This prep includes fleshed-out notes, music, ambiance, encounter sheets, handouts, battle maps, tweaks, and more so you can run the best sessions possible with the least stress possible! Onboarding new DMs should be easy and I hope with this I can help grease the wheels!

Without further ado:

Google Docs Notes for The Wild Sheep Chase: DM Notes (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12PDqPHW3-01bZikLSqwmJnoJxV0b3_6y/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111017373176788623762&rtpof=true&sd=true)
Link to: The Wild Sheep Chase Playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjEcQghi84jLYJqZHbV22hRm6zvh0RoWH)

If you see something you think I can improve, add, change, etc. please let me know. I want this to be an amazing resource for all DMs and plan to keep it constantly updated!

Cheers,
Advent

MarkVIIIMarc
2023-07-09, 09:12 PM
I really liked this one as a player and later DM

Advent
2023-07-15, 11:09 AM
I really liked this one as a player and later DM

Agreed, I've only been on the DM side of it, but it was the very first session I ran and then I ended up running it at least 3 more times! Each time it was a hit!