PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft Thread II - now with more DoTs!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 07:26 PM
The previous one is getting to the end of its lifespan so I thought it was time to create its successor.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-06, 09:28 PM
I was wondering when this was gonna happen. Oh, old thread, we hardly knew ye.. :smallsigh:

(Hm, what kind of rez does this count as, I wonder? :smallconfused: )

Leon
2007-12-06, 10:04 PM
Combat Rez

TheEmerged
2007-12-06, 10:21 PM
I dunno, there's technology involved, shouldn't it be the Kobold Jumper Cables?

Yes, I know they're actually Goblin Jumper Cables. Let me pretend my character is a kobold, okay? :P

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 11:12 PM
This is an ankh. Oh no the thread died! *pop* nope!

Ego Slayer
2007-12-07, 12:46 AM
I think I'm loving my Huntard so far... >_>
Also... the Blood Elves, when you run, how your ears kinda bounce... it's so freakin' cute. :smalltongue:

Seen this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxrOVwRPBE) before? A friend just showed it to me... Heheh.

Khanderas
2007-12-07, 02:26 AM
Like we need more DOT's...
He** yeah we do. MORE DOTS !

DarkLightDragon
2007-12-07, 03:27 AM
That's a 50 DKP minus!

Tried to log onto my Druid (now 68 and transferred to Blackrock) yesterday. The server didn't like me. It look ages to log in, froze, then kicked me out after a few more minuted of being like that. Tried again, same thing. I gave up and logged onto my BE mage on Shattered Halls.

The quest in Netherstorm where you have to collect stuff for a goblin so he can make special rocket fuel is very amusing. I love how he blows himself up and sets his stall on fire. :smallamused:

Bunny of Faith
2007-12-07, 09:32 AM
I think I'm loving my Huntard so far... >_>
Also... the Blood Elves, when you run, how your ears kinda bounce... it's so freakin' cute. :smalltongue:

Seen this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxrOVwRPBE) before? A friend just showed it to me... Heheh.

Illegal Danish is great. Is the sequel even out yet..?

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-07, 09:36 AM

C'mon baby I got Blessing of Protection! *cast*

Seen it a while ago, I don't remember how much I liked it, but I remember a lot of funny parts... re-watching it.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-07, 09:51 AM
I dinged 59 two nights ago, after 1.25 years of playing.

I have yet to max out any character in any MMO. I start too late and get bored too easily.

Also, finding people to do the group quests at 60 sucks.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-07, 10:29 AM
Also, I wish I had better DoTs. SW:P is nice, but I want MOAR!!

http://www.candyfavorites.com/shop/images/products/concession_candy/dot1.jpg

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-07, 10:31 AM
Also, I wish I had better DoTs. SW:P is nice, but I want MOAR!!

Shadow Word: Pain is good enough. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PCpThkeRkMQ) :smallwink:

lordsilverthorn
2007-12-07, 10:42 AM
If we're sharing youtube links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x05iMVQZbIE

That's a video of my guild leader (the blood elf) having a good time. :smallbiggrin:

MCerberus
2007-12-07, 11:19 AM
If anyone liked Super Snacks here's the link to the site of the guy that made it.

http://myndflame.com/

Ego Slayer
2007-12-07, 11:21 AM
The guy who runs past them, "lol wtf?"... Hahah.

^: Yay!

Jinura
2007-12-07, 11:56 AM
About when do people realize that there are other MMOs out there than world of overratedcraft? <scrubbed>

Rutee
2007-12-07, 12:06 PM
Uh, not really. Most MMOs are exactly as good or a tiny bit better then WoW. (FYI: Telling people their game is overrated in a thread dedicated to it is borderline trolling)

MMOs suck, quality-wise, compared to single player games. Always. That's the way it goes; A Single Player game has superior game systems, growth, advancement, music, and graphics. However! Single Player games are, by their definition, single player. The entire point of an MMO is that you can play one with friends from anywhere. There may be slight variations in quality, and there's tons of variations in what the game is tailored for, but at the end of the day, all MMOs (Except Runescape) are exactly, or very nearly exactly, as good as each other.

TimeOut
2007-12-07, 12:22 PM
About when do people realize that there are other MMOs out there than world of overratedcraft? <scrubbed>

Actually I play World of Warcraft because I still have to find a "better" game.

Sure, there are many things which are implemented poorly in WoW. There are also things I hate very much.

But none of the other MMO(RP)Gs give me the same enjoyment and adaptability as WoW.

UO: Free gameplay but I never got around that much. Maybe because I tried it after its prime time was over. But then I am no fan of "learning by doing"-skill systems.

EVE Online: Great game. I absolutly HATE PvP, but in EVE its surprisingly fun and realistic. A loss is a loss and not some incremented/decremented number on a character sheet. Mindnumbingly boring most of the time. Worst interface ever encountered in an MMO (even worse than old UO...).

DAoC: Gah, much to fast paced PvP. Pretty fun PvE gameplay, but no customizable interface. Classes were balanced and groups were easy to come by.

Lotro: So much potential, but in the end another WoW clone which does the same mistakes, only much worse. At least PvP is entirely optional, thats a great plus.

Never tried the CoH/CoV titles, not a fan of superheroes myself. I will avoid WAR, because it is based purely on PvP. Never got a chance to play oldschool EQ. Also never tried some of the grind games out there, like Lineage and RO.

Actually not all people in WoW are "stupid 13 year old kiddies". Our raid for example is composed of 3 married couples, a few teenagers and the rest is between 30-40.

If you are interested I can list the things I dislike in WoW (and all other MMOs currently on the market...), but I don't want to spam this post with endless rants about "clueless developers" (which they are not).

Edit-

MMOs suck, quality-wise, compared to single player games. Always. That's the way it goes; A Single Player game has superior game systems, growth, advancement, music, and graphics. However! Single Player games are, by their definition, single player. The entire point of an MMO is that you can play one with friends from anywhere.

I play single player games only for the story and only in very rare cases for the game itself (Such exceptions are the Civ-Games, MoO2, Starcraft and SupCom/TA1). All other games are completed only once or a few more times if they are "nonlinear" or give choices about alignment and such stuff.

If the story is good but the game is not, I have no problem with cheating to advance through the game. I don't enjoy gaming without a purpose, and beating a highscore or something like that is no purpose for me.

Any type of MMO is a different thing: There you compete with other people, and it is conceptionally endless. I can enjoy a good browser based game (although there are very few that I would put into this category) more then any new shooter or otherwhise hyped game.

The future of gaming lies in the MMO scene, single player games will slowly perish, unless used for storytelling purposes, imo.

-Edit

On Topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciuYTeu4Qc and the other music videos by Nyhm.

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-07, 12:31 PM

We do, and we pick WoW. Really, such a concept makes the mind boggle.

And honestly, I find "little kiddies ruin everything" statements hilarious. I was on the internet when I was 11, and even then I was confused for a 16 year old quite often.

Ava
2007-12-07, 03:11 PM
I played WoW as a Night Elf Rogue through level 60, raiding everything up to Naxx. I didn't have a great guild community and I hated the Rogue class, so I decided to go find another game with a really awesome guild called <Retribution>.

I played RF Online with Retribution. RFO is a Korean Race vs. Race vs. Race MMO. Quite possibly the coolest MMO ever with epic world PVP every 8 hours. The elfish Cora race was so sexy and their outfits are designed extremely well from a fashion/costume design standpoint. Amazing. The game was cool until level 40 when the population imbalance killed the game. My entire guild quit.

My guild then moved to Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC). Unfortunately, the graphics were so ugly and outdated that I could not fully enjoy the game. Plus, the game has been out so long and the tool tips are so bad that it is extremely difficult for new players to begin the game and enjoy it. I quit after about 28 levels.

My guild then decided to move to WoW for lack of anything better to do. I rolled Horde for the first time and it was like a whole new game! I enjoyed playing a warrior because I was the only tank in the guild and we arranged it so we had a good mix of classes among our group of 8-14 people who were still playing together. The Horde have it easy, man. Anyway, we rolled on Ysondre and I played to about level 43 on my Undead Warrior; some people hit 60 by then, but we decided we didn't want to get involved in end-game content.

So my guild quit WoW and moved to Lineage II on a free server. That was pretty fun, the game felt like RFO, where we had our roots and we enjoyed leveling and playing together. Unfortunately the server owner began to do some not-cool things that gave advantages to his guild and hurt other players, and then there was rumor of a law suit, so we left the game right before he took the servers down.

Without anything better to do, we found ourselves playing WoW again. This time we rolled Horde on Darrowmere. I made an Undead Priest named Ava. We played for a while, then expansion came out and we were working to get to 70. After raiding Karazhan for a while and not having enough people to put together a 25-man raid, we decided to try another MMO, Granado Espada, aka Sword of the New World.

Granado Espada was fun for about 30 levels, then we quit that game too. The game just lacked anything interesting to do while leveling up... it's the same thing over and over and you can actually put your three characters on auto-attack and just loot manually like once a minute and let that go on for hours, standing in the same spot. Bo-ring.

So I went back to WoW. By then a few people split off because they didn't want to play WoW anymore, including our guild leaders, so we elected a new guild leader and started recruiting. Now the guild is more of a WoW guild, though we've managed to keep a bit of our community feel to it.

Almost two years after starting RFO with Retribution, I'm still in the guild and having fun in WoW. :) My Undead Priest has full Shadow, lolSmite, Healing, and PVP epics and the guild is one of the top guilds (and probably the oldest) on Darrowmere. I'm still enjoying the game because there is so much to do and they are active about adding more, keeping your interest, and improving the game.

After all the MMOs I've played I can tell you that Blizzard knows how to run an MMO, and it still makes for an enjoyable experience. Just play in moderation and find the right people to play with. :)

Note... the characters in my sig are from the games mention above... Cora caster from RFO, Elf Swordsinger from L2, Dark Elf Ranger from L2, Musketeer from GE:SotNW.

Lemur
2007-12-07, 05:31 PM
While we're talking about Illegal Danish, Zinwrath (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jit0TZtq9rM&feature=related) is the first film that they did, and contains some of the same characters. It's more random and what story there isn't fully coherent, but (or maybe because of that) it's pretty good.

So anyway, when posting messages in the room, remember to LOOK IT OVER. And don't report anything, I might get in trouble. Sorry, it's a warlock thing.

TimeOut
2007-12-07, 05:52 PM
and 4. Have fun!!!

(Don't like the illegal danish stuff. Has anyone new information about MMOvie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrASmNTnl3M)

Leon
2007-12-07, 06:11 PM

We do, these threads are for Us who like the game and wish to talk about it and things related to it

Moving on, went to Purple side Mara on my lock - hadnt had so much fun for ages with him. Banish one demon and enslave another = Double the CC, the healer got a bit shirty with me as whenever i enslaved one his "targeting" changed from the warrior (not going to say tank cos he wasnt - when asked if he had a shield his answer was "im Arms" to the Demon - i gave him the option one more elite eating the warrior or some help for a time.

Also ran upto the 1st boss in Zul farrak on my friends 5 box, watched him AoE clear the SM Library in a few pulls

TheEmerged
2007-12-07, 06:25 PM
Operation WinterVeil is now 39. I've gone back to STV to clear some quests out of my log.

Why? The new Dustwallow Marsh is a HUGE improvement; when the James' guide gets updated, don't be surprised if the 36-40 or so range becomes "Go to Dustwallow, quest your little heart out."

Those of you that have never tried it before won't appreciate this but...

1> They're tripled -- maybe even quadrupled -- the number of quests in the zone for alliance.
2> A road now leads to Tabetha's. Let me say that again -- a road. To Tabetha's. Anybody that tried to do the mage quests there before will know what I'm talking about.
3> That new goblin town? Has a flight point. Let me say that again -- the alliance now has a flight point on the western side of the bay. This makes actually doing quests on the west side of the bay, you know, doable.
4> Some of the quest rewards here are on HFP level -- that is, chances are you'll leave Dustwallow Marsh having replaced most of your items you came in with.

=====================================

There are other games? Really? Imagine that. Oh wait, I've played a lot of the first and second generation ones. There's a reason that's past tense too.

Ranna
2007-12-07, 06:37 PM
getting to 70 was the worst thing ive ever done! ruined my life, i dont have the attention span to do long raids or heroics (botanica heroic oh dear!) so i quit a few days ago actually, how sad :(

Ego Slayer
2007-12-07, 08:03 PM
=O No quitting! Make more characters... Moar! :smalltongue:

Okay... I think I missed the "DoTs" joke. Someone just said something about it in game, and I don't know what you're talking about! =P

Just dueled a Huntard, 35, BM spec'd. I'm 41, and twice, lost miserably. A 70 standing there said something about him being "noob spec'd." I'm confused. I met a friend of mine (Horde, Hunter 41) for a couple duels, just a few days ago, and after multiple duels I found that the only way to take him down was using every possible instant cast spell. As a squishy mage I can't take being hit by two attackers like that. Frost Nova pet in place, and instant cast the hell out of him. I can't win with charged spells 'cos I can't cast enough of them between being hit, and him using Feign Death, and interrupting me. Tale aside, it was possible to beat him... how come I got royally owned a ton faster by this 35? I thought "Pfft! Sure, I'll duel you... you'll be down in no time." o.o'

MCerberus
2007-12-07, 10:20 PM
Okay the "More Dots!" thing goes back a while. This one person recorded a guild run on a raid called onyxia that went badly. The guy was having a freaking heart attack because people weren't using enough damage over time spells. Much laughter was had by the internet.

Jayngfet
2007-12-07, 10:54 PM
i tried star wars galaxy for a few months, it was totally different, i had to click for each attack, or was i playing it wrong?

i quit just before i would've got my lightsaber, downloading d&d online as we speak.

TheEmerged
2007-12-07, 11:33 PM
Just dueled a Huntard, 35, BM spec'd. I'm 41, and twice, lost miserably. A 70 standing there said something about him being "noob spec'd." I'm confused. I met a friend of mine (Horde, Hunter 41) for a couple duels, just a few days ago, and after multiple duels I found that the only way to take him down was using every possible instant cast spell. As a squishy mage I can't take being hit by two attackers like that. Frost Nova pet in place, and instant cast the hell out of him. I can't win with charged spells 'cos I can't cast enough of them between being hit, and him using Feign Death, and interrupting me. Tale aside, it was possible to beat him... how come I got royally owned a ton faster by this 35? I thought "Pfft! Sure, I'll duel you... you'll be down in no time." o.o'

I won't profess to be an expert at PvP or dueling, but my understanding goes like this -- every class has one or two classes they absolutely cream, and every class has one or two classes that cream them.

You are paper. You kick rock's butt, hard.

Hunters are scissors. Against a single target a hunter can usually out dps a mage (especially a frost mage, which is the weakest DPS of the three mage trees -- and the best survivor of the three and by far the most efficient). A BM specced hunter is a paper-shredder.

Do you have ice barrier yet? It'll improve your capability to cast your longer spells. Personally I'd cast ice barrier and then not accept the duel until the cooldown (which is less than the duration, especially with the right talents) was clear. Ice Block when you spot the hunter using cooldownedabilities.

Poison_Fish
2007-12-08, 12:24 AM
BM hunters are annoying. As a mage, sheep his pet or him, blink up to him into melee. Most hunters instincts would be to start backing away from you (Even with the range change). The more he's moving around, the less he's hitting you.

Alternatively, BM hunters get their power from their bet. Sheep him, kill his pet. He can cry about it not being happy later.

Now, this won't always work. But it can helpful advice I hope.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-08, 12:36 AM
Just made me realize that though I'm powerful, I'd need to be really careful of who I take in non-battlegound PVP. In duels I can't take players who can heal, or Huntards, so far... or other mages, for that matter, since there's a good chance they know better how to play the class.

Question re: plate or mail - Y'know the range-melee-caster triangle? More specifically the Caster takes Melee because of the armour being weaker against spells... is any part of this triangle taken into account in the game? I swear I heard something in General about plate being worse against casters, except... I'm not sure what they mean, because as far as I was aware of, it doesn't seem to apply, at least obviously.

Poison_Fish
2007-12-08, 12:42 AM
Ah, fighting a healer. Your best bet against healers is to catch them when their low on health and trying to get a heal off, then counter-spell them and hope you can take the rest of them down in that time.

The thing with mages is, you won't really see their power until your spell damage goes up. Some fire mages can chew through healers in the span of a single counter spell.

Ice magic, on the other hand, is more about control. Great for PVE mobs, but, not the best for pvp situations, as it's very focused on one target.

Rutee
2007-12-08, 12:45 AM
I don't think there's any particular triangle, but... Warriors seem to have problems, period. I'm not sure about Casters vs. Paladins though... I don't really play either seriously in PvP

Personally, I always felt Paladins and Hunters to be my Rogue's scissors, but.. it's been a while, and I mostly played in BGs, not in the uh, what's the word. Arena.

Guancyto
2007-12-08, 03:03 AM
Ice magic, on the other hand, is more about control. Great for PVE mobs, but, not the best for pvp situations, as it's very focused on one target.

lise lies leis lies! In defiance of rock-paper-scissors, frost mages are bats and any and all melee classes are pinatas. They are frighteningly good to PvP with, just not as good against casters.

If mages are bats, though, hunters are machine guns. Deadzone my warrior, will you...

Poison_Fish
2007-12-08, 04:11 AM
lise lies leis lies! In defiance of rock-paper-scissors, frost mages are bats and any and all melee classes are pinatas. They are frighteningly good to PvP with, just not as good against casters.

If mages are bats, though, hunters are machine guns. Deadzone my warrior, will you...

True, you will ruin an enhance shamans day.

But a rogue can usually catch up to you thanks to cloak of skill. I mean Shadow.

And warriors, my god, warriors.

Maybe I just hate them because I'm a shaman and there is very little I can do to get them off me.

TimeOut
2007-12-08, 06:36 AM
Actually Frost Mages absolutly own other classes in Arena PvP. Ofc 90% of the work is done by the double water elemental.

My shaman can heal herself against any horde assault up to 3-4 players beating on her in battlegrounds. Unless there is a hunter nearby. After Blizzard made Hunters so absolutly awesome overpowered, a hunter will kill her in 3 seconds.

I mean... Their main attack dispels magic, their deadzone was removed, the stupid pet interrupts casting and if they have time they have an mortal strike effect... Add a melee ranged snare on top of that... Sure. Talk about imbalance.

My feral kitty has of course comparable abilities in pvp: Mortal Strike Paws!!! Slow Down Bite!!! Double Split Tag Team Kitty Attack!!!

Ehm... Or rather has nothing of that. Yeah, cyclone is awesome. But only if you are a healing druid and have the mobility and freedom of choice of your forms. If you are there for damage (2v2 with a paladin) you really see what this class lacks in pvp.

And no "you can heal yourself" is no excuse. If I cyclone or heal myself, I must shift out and fail to DPS on my enemy. Also my heals are so costly that more then 3 = oom.

Feral is and was always awesome in PvE but is absolutly gimped in PvP.

Ranna
2007-12-08, 07:18 AM
i hate pvp and dueling it really upsets me. This annoys every1 i know...just cos im a lock i should pvp and own...sod off!

...Eh?
2007-12-08, 10:11 AM
Just made me realize that though I'm powerful, I'd need to be really careful of who I take in non-battlegound PVP. In duels I can't take players who can heal, or Huntards, so far... or other mages, for that matter, since there's a good chance they know better how to play the class.

Question re: plate or mail - Y'know the range-melee-caster triangle? More specifically the Caster takes Melee because of the armour being weaker against spells... is any part of this triangle taken into account in the game? I swear I heard something in General about plate being worse against casters, except... I'm not sure what they mean, because as far as I was aware of, it doesn't seem to apply, at least obviously.

It's generally because our only ways of closing range are Charge, which we have to suprise you with, and Intercept which has a 15/20/30 second cooldown, depending on talents and gear. Ice Nova, Pyroblast, Sheep, Frostbolt, and Blink when he charges you, you've already shaved off a good deal of a warrior's health without taking any damage, and he's used up his only way to get you into melee, since he's now slowed by Frostbolt. Now you can use whatever spells you like as he does his damndest to get next to you.

I think that's how it works. I've never played a mage, and I've never faced one one-on-one, since BGs on my battlegroup are basically half a team of mixed classes and a huntard to tag along with them. Seriously, I was once in a WSG match whenre 7 of 10 alliance were hunters. Anyways, the point is, I think that's why you wipe the floor with warriors.

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-08, 10:17 AM
I don't know how well Pallies fare against Mages, but I can already see a problem on your end. Pallies can just use Blessing of Freedom (negates all movement speed reducing effects for something like 8 seconds), and bye-bye Frost Nova. Which is a problem, because you're screwed if they can get into melee with you. While this means we can't have Blessing of Might or Wisdom on, that's a small price to pay for not being stuck in ice the whole duel. They can also use Hammer of Justice (3-5 second stun) to keep you from Blinking away.

And if they're smart they will have not buffed you before the duel. :smallbiggrin:

TheBoneSplitter
2007-12-08, 10:32 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Uthelictor

(This guy's supposed to be 49 right now, but meh...)

I've been playing the guy's stam fairly well, but I do need to know about a few upgrades to both cape and ammy; I just don't know what to go for on this guy. I've been extremely tempted to go fury for the additional attack speed and the 0.5 sec cast Slam, but I think I should just wait on that... although what I've got now is pretty damn solid. I've been considering what instance would be good for this guy to up his equipment...

(And yeah, I miss my rogue... account changing under MY name, etc... long story.)

TigerHunter
2007-12-08, 11:04 AM
Ice Nova, Pyroblast, Sheep, Frostbolt, and Blink when he charges you, you've already shaved off a good deal of a warrior's health without taking any damage, and he's used up his only way to get you into melee, since he's now slowed by Frostbolt. Now you can use whatever spells you like as he does his damndest to get next to you.
Sheep before the pyro--the Ice Nova will break before you get a pyroblast off, and even if it doesn't, sheeping will just heal him back to full while you cast frostbolt (it really sucks that polymorph is so gimped in PvP. Heals them back to full and breaks if they take a single point of damage.)

They can also use Hammer of Justice (3-5 second stun) to keep you from Blinking away.

Newp. I blink out of Hammer of Justice all the time, to the great annoyance of my pally friend. He got back at me by casting a buff that makes me invincible, but unable to move or cast spells after the duel. Took me a while to figure out what was going on, to great laughter from him.

TigerHunter
2007-12-08, 11:15 AM
Ice Nova, Pyroblast, Sheep, Frostbolt, and Blink when he charges you, you've already shaved off a good deal of a warrior's health without taking any damage, and he's used up his only way to get you into melee, since he's now slowed by Frostbolt. Now you can use whatever spells you like as he does his damndest to get next to you.
Sheep before the pyro--the Ice Nova will break before you get a pyroblast off, and even if it doesn't, sheeping will just heal him back to full while you cast frostbolt (it really sucks that polymorph is so gimped in PvP. Heals them back to full and breaks if they take a single point of damage.)

They can also use Hammer of Justice (3-5 second stun) to keep you from Blinking away.

Newp. I blink out of Hammer of Justice all the time, to the great annoyance of my pally friend. He got back at me by casting a buff that makes me invincible, but unable to move or cast spells after the duel. Took me a while to figure out what was going on, to great laughter from him.

TigerHunter
2007-12-08, 11:33 AM

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-08, 11:55 AM

Whuu?

Oooh right, you can Blink out of stuns... :smallannoyed:

...Eh?
2007-12-08, 01:02 PM

This is why I don't have the patience for Mages- I can never remember the all the side effects and such of spells, so I always end up Polymorphing somethng that's at half health and going "Aw, damn," or Frostbolting after I Fireball rather than vice-versa. I like my classes with three buttons- hit them, hit them hard, and hit them even harder.

MCerberus
2007-12-08, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking of starting a mage to relive my days as a level 40 gulch rat (this was back when level 40 was the top of the 31-40 bracket and people would spend all day partying at the WSG portal). I like my classes with lots and lots of crazy buttons that you hardly use many of... like my shaman and marks hunter.

Tengu
2007-12-08, 02:20 PM
Actually Frost Mages absolutly own other classes in Arena PvP. Ofc 90% of the work is done by the double water elemental.

My shaman can heal herself against any horde assault up to 3-4 players beating on her in battlegrounds. Unless there is a hunter nearby. After Blizzard made Hunters so absolutly awesome overpowered, a hunter will kill her in 3 seconds.

I mean... Their main attack dispels magic, their deadzone was removed, the stupid pet interrupts casting and if they have time they have an mortal strike effect... Add a melee ranged snare on top of that... Sure. Talk about imbalance.

Gah, don't remind me. The trio of completely overpowered arena specs are:
Ice Mage
Beastmaster Hunter
Any Warlock That Knows How To Spam Fear And DoTs

And if you see a team of two icemages, feel free to start cringing on the inside and calling them cheap, because they are. It felt so good when we've (Balance Druid (me - look ma, double brackets!) and Subtlety Rogue) beat such a team.
But apart from that, WoW is a pretty well-balanced game. Certainly more than most other MMOs, maybe apart from Guild Wars.

I like both pvp and raiding. Both of them can give you a lot of satisfation, good rewards, and make you develop useful skills. And I'm paying for this game, so I want to enjoy all aspects of it.

Here's some movies for you:

A classic, rather moving movie that you've probably seen before.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fb5LIo6HE6Y

WoW anime style!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-nvu1KK1DPQ

The porn song - no, no actual porn inside, just an amusing song.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YRgNOyCnbqg

I'm too sexy! Another classic.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePx57vkg5zI

Big Blue Dress - you must've seen it before, have you?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vqO7zEWu0W0

Weird Al.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYzUbpte8

More Weird Al.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Chc9DwDkWn0

Are you familiar with Oxhorn? He makes a lot of nice movies.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=koSq-KecPm4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YVwYKtgFYCc

EDIT: Welcome to the druid zone!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=klm2Q7xu_d4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vvpcskbLU-A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nexCyw8hYuk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kfr3602ANI

Vaynor
2007-12-08, 03:54 PM
=O No quitting! Make more characters... Moar! :smalltongue:

Okay... I think I missed the "DoTs" joke. Someone just said something about it in game, and I don't know what you're talking about! =P

You're fire, you won't be able to hold your own very well in duels until you really get good at playing your class. Frost is much better for pvp/duels becuase of the kiting and damage mitigation. Also, you're a mage, just learn to live with it.

Speaking of mages, I just hit 46 on mine (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Soliqui).

TigerHunter
2007-12-08, 04:46 PM
This is why I don't have the patience for Mages- I can never remember the all the side effects and such of spells, so I always end up Polymorphing somethng that's at half health and going "Aw, damn," or Frostbolting after I Fireball rather than vice-versa. I like my classes with three buttons- hit them, hit them hard, and hit them even harder.
I just noticed that you tricked me into calling it "Ice Nova." It's Frost Nova :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Since everyone seems to be linking to their mains, here's Meldefich (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Halls&n=Meldefich).

Ego Slayer
2007-12-08, 05:38 PM
Assuming you catch them before melee range, or take a second to back up, it lasts 8 seconds, and Pyro is 6, so it works. Granted, I got out of the habit of using Pryo because I figured in two Fireballs the chance that I'd deal more damage than my current highest Pyro crit (which isn't even that high, only 714 so far), is decent. I love seeing high crits, but it seems better just to use Fireball twice.

LE EDIT! -
Someone give me some info on the Black Temple. How long does it take to raid it? My brother is convinced it takes months, and I honestly haven't a clue where he got such a ridiculous notion. Apparently, not every server has gotten through it, but... I doubt it's because it takes so long? WTF!

Vaynor
2007-12-09, 04:49 AM
Assuming you catch them before melee range, or take a second to back up, it lasts 8 seconds, and Pyro is 6, so it works. Granted, I got out of the habit of using Pryo because I figured in two Fireballs the chance that I'd deal more damage than my current highest Pyro crit (which isn't even that high, only 714 so far), is decent. I love seeing high crits, but it seems better just to use Fireball twice.

LE EDIT! -
Someone give me some info on the Black Temple. How long does it take to raid it? My brother is convinced it takes months, and I honestly haven't a clue where he got such a ridiculous notion. Apparently, not every server has gotten through it, but... I doubt it's because it takes so long? WTF!

It resets every week, so I'm doubting it takes months. :smallwink:

However, to get to the point where you can clear it in a week will take months. A guild or two on my server has downed Illidan ally side (end boss of Black Temple). They're selling the Warblades of Azzinoth looting rights for thousands of gold...

Lemur
2007-12-09, 06:45 AM
Yeah, your brother is probably thinking that it takes months to learn the raid entirely, which isn't unheard of, especially for the guilds that pioneer new raid instances. Once they get a comfortable strategy down, the entire raid can be done in a few hours usually. But leading up to that point, there's a lot of wipes to go through. It's where engineer repair bots come in handy, because all that death can screw up your equipment several times over.

As for pvp, watching good pvp videos can give some hints, although you have to take them with a grain of salt. Since they're usually made to showcase one's badassery, they usually cut out the parts where they die, and of course there's no accounting for musical taste. The Sorrow Hill videos are pretty good, I think (I think they're on google video, if you don't want to download them). Otherguy is an elemental (fire and ice spec) mage, which isn't quite the same as pure fire, but he does a good job fighting classes that typically counter mages (but like I said, I can't account for his musical selections :smalltongue: ). He makes pretty good use of scorch, which is probably more useful than fireball in pvp due to its short casting time.

Leon
2007-12-09, 09:59 AM
I dont Duel much, last time i dueled a pally was at 60 agaisnt a friend of mine and i kited him around till he was out of mana, sheeped him and Evocated + bandage and then Pwned the sheep.

Finally got my Swift Mount today and have started the bore that is Netherwing quests, tho ive decided that i'll just get a back log of Netherbush dust to ease that and chip away at the others - Already i hate Ascendants with a passion.

TigerHunter
2007-12-09, 01:13 PM
Assuming you catch them before melee range, or take a second to back up, it lasts 8 seconds, and Pyro is 6, so it works.
I have rarely, if ever, had Frost Nova last that long. Every class has some way of breaking it, and there are trinkets to be purchased in Orgrimmar and Stormwind that break it.

Granted, I got out of the habit of using Pryo because I figured in two Fireballs the chance that I'd deal more damage than my current highest Pyro crit (which isn't even that high, only 714 so far), is decent. I love seeing high crits, but it seems better just to use Fireball twice.
Pyroblast is an opening move, like Hunter's Aimed Shot. Except we don't have any healing reduction effects. I want healing reduction on my pyro :smallfrown:

Also: after staying up until 2 AM last night and failing to complete a major assignment because I played way too much last week, I'm seriously considering giving up the game. Currently wondering whether to freeze my account and uninstall or just make use of the parental controls options to severely limit my playtime.

Rutee
2007-12-09, 02:17 PM
Also: after staying up until 2 AM last night and failing to complete a major assignment because I played way too much last week, I'm seriously considering giving up the game. Currently wondering whether to freeze my account and uninstall or just make use of the parental controls options to severely limit my playtime.
Neither; Learn to budget your time. Figure out everything that needs to be done, write it all down in order of priorities (Yes, that means school ahead of games), and do it all in that order.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-09, 02:59 PM
Re: Frost Nova, yeah, it breaks, but... Mmm, now I'd like to know the ways each class has of breaking it. Blink, ftw. >_>

I agree with Rutee. You can use this as a learning tool for better time management. You should be able to get the important things done, and give yourself some time to relax and play. Also better motivation for getting the important work done first, because then you're free and clear to play after that.

Tengu
2007-12-09, 07:39 PM
Druid - shapeshifting
Rogue - cloak of shadows, vanish
Mage - frost nova, iceblock, that talent in Fire that improves your speed
Paladin - cleanse, bubble
Priest - dispel magic
Hunter - bestial rage, or whatever is the name of the final BM talent
Warlock - nothing
Warrior - nothing, he can break fear but not snare effects
Shaman - nothing, but he can break sleep, charm and fear

Also, all gnomes can use their racial to break free, and all pvpers worthy their salt use one of those:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=18854
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30350
(All classes get those, not only warriors, and Horde has an equivalent.)

Tormsskull
2007-12-10, 09:21 AM
Well, I just hit level 70 on Saturday, and purchased a Snow White Griffin to fly around with. I'm kind of surprised that the flying mount is actually slower than the Epic riding mount, but with Crusader Aura it isn't too horrible. I'm still not sure I understand the logic of going from +60% Flying speed for a regular flying mount to +280% Flying speed for an Epic flying mount.

Also, 5,000 gold is insane. That is going to take me forever to build up. I did manage to sell an Ace of Blessings for 360 gold yesterday, and if I do my alchemy specialization quest in Caverns of Time I'll probably make some good money brewing pots.

Anyone know any other good ways of raking in cash?

Tengu
2007-12-10, 11:04 AM
Do dailies. If netherweave cloth is at least 3 gold 50 silver per stack at the AH, auction all netherweave you find (also, heavy netherweave bandages sell for 30 silver each, so if there are stacks of netherweave for less than 3 gold, you can buy them, make heavy bandages and just sell them to a vendor for an income). If herbs are cheap, buy them, make potions and sell the potions. If herbs are expensive, sell raw herbs. When doing instances, always ask for disenchanting the blue things you win on greed, and have an enchanter you know disenchant all the greens you find too (blue BoE stuff usually sells for more than shards you can get from it) - enchanting reagents are expensive.

Check the prices of all primals. Primal earth to life, earth to water and water to air usually give you a nice income - don't bother farming the notes, just buy cheap primals and transmute them into expensive ones. Primal might sometimes does. This is more worthwhile when you're a transmutation specialist, though - like me!

Tekraen
2007-12-10, 11:12 AM
LE EDIT! -

If you're in a guild that hasn't run it before, a few months isn't too out of the question. Especially if they're just getting started on endgame content - you're looking at getting 5-man groups used to running/gearing on heroics, ten-man squads exploring/clearing Karazhan, once you have 3 teams decently geared from Kara you can run Gruul and Magtheridon, then ZA/SSC to keep going - once SSC has geared you up decently it's onto Kael/Hyjal, and then you can take Illidan in the Temple. There's a lot of work going down there, only recently has the Rexxar raiders taken Illidan down, hordeside they've just offed Kael and Vash'j, and my own guild is still farming Gruul to get some of our newer folks(lol, me) lewts so we can run Magtheridon and SSC.

Zherog
2007-12-10, 06:09 PM
Do dailies.

So, for someone who has no idea how to even begin doing the daily quests: elaborate, please? :)

Khanderas
2007-12-11, 05:40 AM
So, for someone who has no idea how to even begin doing the daily quests: elaborate, please? :)
Three areas has Daily PvE quests.

Skettis:
Need: Flying mount.
Start: Talk to the Skyguard standing by the Flightmaster in Shattrah.
Location: Skettis is high up in the mountains in Terokkar forest. East of the field of the dead. The skyguard base is north of the Skettis area itself.

1. Bomb the eggs. Once per day, throw dynamite at the owleggs. Reward: a fistful of gold (about 12 gold)
2. Rescue the Skyguard. Find an imprisoned Drenai Skyguard, escort him to the ground. Reward: Money and a couple of volitile potions.

Ogril'a
Need: Flying mount + a group (4-5 members)
Start: Lower city (ogre near the reagent vendor) or on a tower by the Arena in that mountain area north of Zangermarsh.
Get 3 quests to kill 3 Gronn. finish them with groups.
Followupquest to kill an ogre warlock, followupquest to kill a 4th Gronn.
Now you are the king / queen of the Ogres and can get (daily) quests in Ogril'a.
Ogril'a is on the western edge of the mountain area map.

3. Relics emination: Use a small crystal (cost: one shard) and repeat the sequences (finish when you manage 8 in a row)
4. Banish demons: Use a shard, creates a portal for 2 minutes. Kill demons around it.

At Ogril'a you can also meet the Skyguard (again, see Skettis). At a certain reputation level with the Skyguard they offer the following dailys

5. Bombing: Bomb like you did in Skettis, only not eggs, its stacks of fel cannon ammunition.
6. Gather mounts: Capture 6 of those manta rays the skyguards use for mounts. (deal damage until its "ready" and use the rope).

Netherwing
Need: EPIC flight skill (need not the epic flight mount, but atleast some flying mount)
Start: The bloodelf that walks the field where all the Nightwings are flying around (east of the Scryer base, south of the black temple). He starts a fistful of quests.

Netherwing quests are not that useful though, since you already need to have bought the 5 000 gold skill.

Other
PvP has a daily quest, usually win in X battleground (never did it so I dont know for sure)
Cooking has a daily, problebly combined with fishing (fish something and cook it)

Tengu
2007-12-11, 07:22 AM
Cooking dailies aren't combined with fishing - in fact, you can finish one of the 4 quests that get chosen randomly for each day without even having to cook anything.

There are also instance dailies - one is to kill X mobs in some random instance, and one is to kill the final boss in some random heroic instance. They are very useful since it's much easier to find groups to the instances that are connected to those quests for the specific day.

You will find the cooking, instancing and pvp daily quest givers in Shattrath.

I must vote against Netherwing, not only because it requires an epic flying mount already, but also because the initial dailies you can do are basically farming, and boring as hell! It gets a bit better later on, though. The rewards you get on the way are rather so-so and the final one, Nether Drake, is supposed to be prestigious but in my opinion it's ugly and boring. And it doesn't fly faster than a normal epic flying mount.

By the way, dailies are very easy to spot, because the NPCs that start them are marked with blue exclamation marks on the map, and have such marks over their head.

Khanderas
2007-12-11, 08:49 AM
Havn't played in quite some time now, where do you pick up the dailys for
Cooking, PvP and Instances ?
Not that I need it anymore, but good to know for those still playing.

Leon
2007-12-11, 09:15 AM
In Shattrah. PVP are near the Battlemasters, Cooking is down behind Aldor bank and the Dungeons and Heroic Dungeons are over toward the Inn

Zherog
2007-12-11, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the tips.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-11, 11:28 AM
Ooh, kay... thanks for the Black Temple info. I knew my brother wasn't right. :smalltongue:

<--Apparently my Catgirl here is level 70... >.>
(Saw it in-game and thought it was purrty...)

TheEmerged
2007-12-11, 11:45 AM
Just a little bit to add about the dailies

Cooking. Talk to The Rokk (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=24393) in Shat's lower city. He will give you one of 4 random daily cooking quests. Once you complete it you'll get 8 Gold and your choice of either a barrel of fish (flavor text: Do Not Shoot) or a crate of meat. Either can contain one of 6 new recipes that can only be gotten from these quests. Despite what you'll see on some of the sites, there have been reports of getting the fish recipes in the meat crate and meat recipes in the fish barrel.

The quests themselves aren't that hard. The two best to get are Revenge Is Tasty (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11377) and Super Hot Stew (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11379). Why? They send you were a level 70 with a flying mount is going to be going pretty much daily anyway (Skettis & Ogri'la) and you can get most of the meat required from previous crates of meat. Now, there is a huge exception that has to be mentioned about Revenge Is Tasty -- the giant kaliri wing you need is not farmable (it appears to drop only when you have the quest) and is a very tempermental drop. Usually I get it in only 1-3 kills but at least twice I've had it take over a dozen (last night was kill 16).

The other two are Manalicious (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11380) and Soup for the Soul (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11381). Manalicious takes you to distant Netherstorm (which you may be hunting at anyway) to collect a non-farmable ground spawn (non-farmable as in, you can't collect them when you don't have the quest). Soup for the Soul requires by-far the easiest meat to get but requires more travel than the others (the ancestral grounds are not really near a flight point).

========================================

Skettis initially has two dailies. The other two are not only reputation linked, you also have to have finished the Ogri'la prereq chain.

Unless you really want one of (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32771) the two trinkets (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32770) or you are short of daily quests (I was for the longest time), the second one (prisoner escort) is a bit of a pain. Not so much now that he shows up on the minimap when you fly near, but these days I only do it if someone advertises that they'e fixing to do it or I happen to see him while bombing.

The first one? Easy money. When I'm concentrating on alts (like I am right now) this is often the only thing I do on my main.

Now, once you've done the Ogri'la prereq chain it'll open up the other Skyguard camp for quests. Yes, it requries the Ogri'la chain, I was revered and they wouldn't do anything but chat with me and give me the flight between Skettis & Ogri'la (yes, there's a special flight point just between these two spots, I think you need Revered rep).

The first is... one of the most annoying quests in the game, in my opinion. You have to go out and wrangle 5 AEther Rays. Wouldn't be so bad, but the area is busy with aggresive mobs, the "wrangled" rays crowd my screen (so I usually have to go back every 2nd ray to clear them), and about half of the rays fly high up (juuuuust inside frostbolt range, often).

The second is possibly one of the most fun quests in the game. Remember the egg bombing quest? Take it to the next level. The mobs are now shooting flak at you. And you can only take out one stack at a time. And if you get shot down, you land in a mob-infested area (sorta, see below). This quest is a lot easier once you learn that you can throw bombs while moving despite having a casting bar.

=================================================

That brings us to the Ogri'la dailies. The annoying thing here is the prereq chain to get here -- five steps of clearing mobs that require a group to kill. The good news is, your group doesn't have to be the one to kill them.

Let me explain. The quests require you to pick up an item they drop when they die -- but it's not on their corpse. It drops as an obvious item on the ground (think chest, but much larger) that anyone can pick up. So you might be able to get lucky and happen by after another group's kill.

Or you might have my luck and go for months without being able to finish the chain. I was stuck on the fourth step for six weeks, no exageration.

The good thing about Ogri'la rep is that once you CAN start it, it goes pretty quick. The last two Skyguard dailies also give Ogri'la rep. A poster above described the quests fairly well, I just have two things to add.

1> The "Banish More Demons" quest leads to as much kill-stealing as I've ever seen in WoW. For pity's sake, if you're doing this try to group with other people doing it.

2> There is one the earlier poster missed, although you won't truly be able to do it daily (it just counts against your maximum). You need to get a darkrune and use it to control a series of felguards in a somewhat lengthy chain of events I'm about to try for the first time :P

The BAD thing about Ogri'la rep is that the rep itself isn't that valuable. They didn't do as good a job creating the faction rewards (http://www.wowhead.com/?faction=1038) for them as they did a lot of the expansion factions. The point will come when you've got Apexis Shards coming out your ears; frankly I'm probably going to start buying the healing potions there just to clear out my shard supply.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-11, 12:24 PM
OOh, hunh, fancy. Bombing quests sound fun. :smallbiggrin:

But lessee.. Endgame poss progression should be somewhat akin to..

Vashj-> Kael-> Archimonde -> Illidan? :smallconfused:

I just want to kill Kael. He's deceived the sin'dorei long enough. :smallannoyed:
.. Plus, I WANT that damn phoenix. :smalltongue:

My girlfriend wants the twin blades of azzinoth for her rogue, though.. Hm.

(Yeah, I know, nothing uber fancy, eh? :smalltongue: )

Zherog
2007-12-11, 12:38 PM
OOh, hunh, fancy. Bombing quests sound fun. :smallbiggrin:

Indeed. I love the bombing quest in Hellfire Peninsula.

sihnfahl
2007-12-11, 12:45 PM
Vashj-> Kael-> Archimonde -> Illidan? :smallconfused:

Kind-of sort-of. There are two attune quests. One for Mount Hyjal, one for BT.

To attune for Mount Hyjal, you have to kill Kael and Vashj. It doesn't matter the order you kill them, but the equipment you get in SSC makes TK a lot easier. You get a vial remnant off them both, turn them in at the Caverns of Time, and you're attuned.

To attune for BT, you have a long quest chain. The final drop you require is off the first boss in Mount Hyjal (Rage Winterchill). After that, it's a few short quests that have you pretty much just watching NPCs do things for you. You get a medallion (similar to the necklace you need for Onyxia) and you're good for BT. Don't even have to kill Archimonde.

It's suggested you clear out Mount Hyjal before hitting BT, though. High shadow resist is a must later on, and you can get craftables for that. The required items for it drop like mad in Mount Hyjal, which is, essentially, one REALLY long trash pull. Once you understand the bosses, they're really quite easy. At least, compared to Kael... what a NIGHTMARE of a fight that was to learn.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-12, 02:00 AM
Oooh, duly noted. *scribblescribble*

.. :smallsigh: Oh yeah.. I hear the Kael fight is INSANE. he apparently has animate object, reverse gravity, chain lighting, mass resurrection, and summon monster WTF.

.. It's gonna be epic. :smallbiggrin:

Still, total thanks on the info. "attunement", eh..?

Vaynor
2007-12-12, 03:11 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

I got my Tankatronic Goggles (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32473). I have almost 12k health unbuffed now, 12.5 or so self buffed. Also I am now uncrushable/uncrittable. Sorry for all the oh em gee's but it cost me about 600g to level up engineering to 350, then another 300 for the goggles and gems (for the meta slot, 18 stam 5% stun resist, and a +4 defense +6 stam gem for the socket bonus). Also put +10 stam on the helm, not revered with KoT yet for the +16 block/+15 defense or whatever it is.

I'm so happy. Dwarves + goggles = EPIC.

EDIT: pics, I couldn't help myself...
Pic 1 (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/Picture1-4.png)
Pic 2 (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/Picture3-1.png)
Pic 3 (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/Picture2.png)

Tekraen
2007-12-12, 10:16 AM

I got my Tankatronic Goggles (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32473). I have almost 12k health unbuffed now, 12.5 or so self buffed. Also I am now uncrushable/uncrittable. Sorry for all the oh em gee's but it cost me about 600g to level up engineering to 350, then another 300 for the goggles and gems (for the meta slot, 18 stam 5% stun resist, and a +4 defense +6 stam gem for the socket bonus). Also put +10 stam on the helm, not revered with KoT yet for the +16 block/+15 defense or whatever it is.

I'm so happy. Dwarves + goggles = EPIC.

EDIT: pics, I couldn't help myself...
Pic 1 (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/Picture1-4.png)
Pic 2 (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/Picture3-1.png)
Pic 3 (http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/Picture2.png)

Our pally tank has a set of those. Super secksi, though I tell him all the time to take the goggles off when he's tanking so he takes damage and I can heal him.

Maerdred
2007-12-12, 10:32 AM
So, I pretty much Quit WoW this weekend.

I stopped having fun raiding. I may make an alt with my cousins to level up, but the end-game at lvl 70 is just the same thing over and over every day. I was starting to hate it.

Used to love it though, but sitting at my computer 5 hours a night doing the same thing is getting old.

I need a game that I can take in half hour spurts.

Zherog
2007-12-12, 10:38 AM

I got my Tankatronic Goggles (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32473).

Yeah, I've been anxiously waiting so I can make the Deathblow X11 Goggles (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=32478;source=live). I need to get myself into a heroic instance so I can get a primal nether. I've acquired all the other mats over time.

sihnfahl
2007-12-12, 11:26 AM
.. :smallsigh: Oh yeah.. I hear the Kael fight is INSANE. he apparently has animate object, reverse gravity, chain lighting, mass resurrection, and summon monster WTF. .. It's gonna be epic. :smallbiggrin:
Well, it starts out easy, then just goes insane on you. But, yes, in the end, you have to kill 4 advisors - TWICE - kill 7 weapons and equip them based off your class / role - then Kael twice.

It is a LONG fight... around 15 minutes.

Indon
2007-12-12, 11:53 AM
So I hear Onyxia's using Deep Breath more often in this thread?

Insane, WoW-related story: On my level 42 warrior alt, I recently tanked the entirety of Uldaman in a single-hour run.

Uldaman. The instance that used to range from level 35 to 50, now goes from 36-40.

Heck, I might actually do the entirety of Maraudon with the character, since Uldaman was made so much more palatable.

MCerberus
2007-12-12, 12:09 PM

Insane, WoW-related story: On my level 42 warrior alt, I recently tanked the entirety of Uldaman in a single-hour run.

Uldaman. The instance that used to range from level 35 to 50, now goes from 36-40.

Heck, I might actually do the entirety of Maraudon with the character, since Uldaman was made so much more palatable.

Is the boss still remarkably unfair? It's like they put him in just so you'd need a level 60/70 to help you out.

Tengu
2007-12-12, 12:19 PM
The boss can, and could before, be taken down easily at level ~45 when your whole group knows what are they doing. Generally, if you have lots of trouble with non-heroic, non-raid instances for your level, it means you have noobs in your group. But we all know the general quality of pick-up groups...

Ego Slayer
2007-12-12, 12:26 PM

I thought Mar was 45+ or some such? I'm 42 (okay, not currently but less than 6 bars and full rest xp, I'll have it tonight =P) and by now I am so unbelievably sick of Uldaman, and can't do Mar for a couple more levels... rather frustrating. :smallsigh:

Prophaniti
2007-12-12, 12:58 PM
So, I pretty much Quit WoW this weekend.

I stopped having fun raiding. I may make an alt with my cousins to level up, but the end-game at lvl 70 is just the same thing over and over every day. I was starting to hate it.

Used to love it though, but sitting at my computer 5 hours a night doing the same thing is getting old.

I need a game that I can take in half hour spurts.
I've always had the same issue with the end-game. In order to compete pvp on any serious level you NEED the end-game raid equipment, and if you dont like pvp, all the end-game pve stuff IS raids. Once you get up to the top level, there's just nothing to do when you have to measure your game time in minutes instead of hours. Add that to the frustration of shoveling money at them every month and I think I'm pretty well done with WoW. Fun game but until they lower the price or put in more non-raid stuff @lvl 70, there are better games out there for me.

Indon
2007-12-12, 01:06 PM
Is the boss still remarkably unfair? It's like they put him in just so you'd need a level 60/70 to help you out.

Nope, we ate him _alive_. Or, er, animated.

And Ego Slayer, you are forgetting the Purple and Orange Maraudon instances (which are, technically, just different entrances to the same instance)! Those made the Maraudon range from the high 30's to the low-50's. There's little doubt that range has been reduced.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-12, 02:21 PM
Nope, we ate him _alive_. Or, er, animated.

And Ego Slayer, you are forgetting the Purple and Orange Maraudon instances (which are, technically, just different entrances to the same instance)! Those made the Maraudon range from the high 30's to the low-50's. There's little doubt that range has been reduced.

Ahh, I see. I didn't know that. Then how come not until 40 did the choice appear in the LFG/LFM? :smallconfused: I see lower-40s in the queue, but more often mid and upper 40s, or groups of higher levels...

Darken Rahl
2007-12-12, 03:33 PM
Anybody here play on Steamwheedle?

TheEmerged
2007-12-12, 06:43 PM
I've always had the same issue with the end-game. In order to compete pvp on any serious level you NEED the end-game raid equipment, and if you dont like pvp, all the end-game pve stuff IS raids. Once you get up to the top level, there's just nothing to do when you have to measure your game time in minutes instead of hours. Add that to the frustration of shoveling money at them every month and I think I'm pretty well done with WoW. Fun game but until they lower the price or put in more non-raid stuff @lvl 70, there are better games out there for me.

Now, I'm no PvP expert but it was my understanding this issue had been largely mitigated by the PvP rewards, to the point that the end-game raiders are upset that non-raiders can have "welfare epics".

Shosuro Ishii
2007-12-12, 10:49 PM
Now, I'm no PvP expert but it was my understanding this issue had been largely mitigated by the PvP rewards, to the point that the end-game raiders are upset that non-raiders can have "welfare epics".

Now, there is a stat, Resilience, that reduces the damage taken from/occurance rates of Crits, that is neccessary for PvP...it is not on PvE gear becasue it useless in PvE, so PvE gear loses a lot of its effectiveness in PvP (also certain PvE stats, such as Mp5 and Hit are less than useful in PvP).

Khanderas
2007-12-13, 04:38 AM
Now, there is a stat, Resilience, that reduces the damage taken from/occurance rates of Crits, that is neccessary for PvP...it is not on PvE gear becasue it useless in PvE, so PvE gear loses a lot of its effectiveness in PvP (also certain PvE stats, such as Mp5 and Hit are less than useful in PvP).
Exactly. Players have a critrate in the 25-40% range (especially in PvP)
PvE monsters have 5 % on melee attacks. 0% on ranged and magic.

Defense skill decreases the chance of crits against you (as a tank, first priority is usually to get "immune to crits", that is get a -5% crits landing on you), and parry, shield block and dodge. This only applies to melee PvE. PvE mobs do not crit on ranged attacks (including magic). By the same token you cannot parry arrows.

Resilience also decrease the chance to get critted, but much faster AND it also decreases the extra damage when you DO get critted. This applies to ranged and spells as well. Due to popular demand (as in anti-warlocks) DoT's nowadays get a flat reduction in damage with resilience (unsure if it works in PvE, but I think it is PvP only). DoT's cannot crit and was therefore unaffected by Resilience.

Note that Defense and Resilience do stack when you work on getting PvE uncrittable, but you generally lose out on dodge/parrry/block and crushing blows (boss mechanic, basically a "half crit").

TimeOut
2007-12-13, 04:56 AM
Resilience decreases DoT damage in PvP and in PvE.

It is also a very useful stats for tanking feral druids, because defense leather gear (except for the blue Heavy Clefthoof) is nonexistant.

But what I hate most about arenas is that some classes/specs are forced to do them, because no PvE obtainable upgrade exists for them.

Example:

Feral Druid cat weapon. Needs +hit, +crit, agility and feral attack power. Strength and stamina are nice to have but not needed.

There is one staff in Karazhan. It is nearly perfectly itemized for feral druid cat dps.

The next weapon availiable is the staff from SSC. It is a tanking staff, and you will do terrible DPS with it.

Next in the progression there is the staff from Mount Hyal. This weapon is some sort of hybrid weapon. It is worse for DPS than the Karazhan staff and it is worse for tanking than the SSC staff.

You might go on killing Illidan with a Karazhan weapon, because no other exists. Except for arenas of course. The Season 2 and 3 feral weapons are much better than the Karazhan staff FOR PVE!

The new staff from Zul'Aman is only slightly better than the Karazhan staff, worse if you need the +hit to stay hitcapped. Season 2 and S3 are still much better for PvE.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-13, 12:15 PM
Well, it starts out easy, then just goes insane on you. But, yes, in the end, you have to kill 4 advisors - TWICE - kill 7 weapons and equip them based off your class / role - then Kael twice.

It is a LONG fight... around 15 minutes.

:smallconfused: Fun. *scribblemore*

...15 minutes is long for a fight, though? That can't be right. Hm..

Vaynor
2007-12-14, 01:26 AM

15 minutes of fighting a boss? Take a look at your mana pool after that. Look forward to spending 100g on pots.

sun_tzu
2007-12-14, 07:05 AM
Just reached level 60 on my human paladin, and it feels like there's so much to do I can't keep up.
Just entered Silithus. Trying to fight off the demonists and insects.
Need to drop by Azshara some day.
Still got quests in Winterspring. Also, plenty in the Plaguelands.
Have yet to go to the Outland.
Have yet to go to the Burning Steppes and Blackrock Mountain.
Not to mention plenty of dungeons.
:smalleek:

Tengu
2007-12-14, 07:55 AM
15 minutes of fighting a boss? Take a look at your mana pool after that. Look forward to spending 100g on pots.

How much do mana potions cost on your server? Here on EU Argent Dawn they're around 2 gold 50 silver each, so one potion each 2 minutes and buffing elixirs once before the battle is much, much less than 100 gold. Especially if you're an alchemist, like me - I practically piss with mana potions.

Just reached level 60 on my human paladin, and it feels like there's so much to do I can't keep up.

My advice - as soon as you're able, you should go to Outlands. The quests are much more interesting and the rewards are much better.

Vaynor
2007-12-14, 10:18 AM
How much do mana potions cost on your server? Here on EU Argent Dawn they're around 2 gold 50 silver each, so one potion each 2 minutes and buffing elixirs once before the battle is much, much less than 100 gold. Especially if you're an alchemist, like me - I practically piss with mana potions.

My advice - as soon as you're able, you should go to Outlands. The quests are much more interesting and the rewards are much better.

They cost about twenty gold for 5 (mana/health pots of course). I can't wait until my mage gets to 70, I can afford pots again!

Skip it go to Outlands. You should have gone at 58 IMHO. Everything else in Azeroth is stupid and not worth it, level 58 greens from Outland replace Tier 1.

sihnfahl
2007-12-14, 10:57 AM
Well, here's the breakdown.

In phase 1, it takes about 1 minute to kill each Advisor individually. Depending on your DPS, it can take longer or shorter. Call it between 4 to 6 minutes total.

Phase 2, you have 2 minutes to down the weapons before the Advisors respawn (all at once, mind you, instead of 1 at a time). This is a fixed timer. You cannot start Phase 3 sooner than this, and phase 3 will start even if you don't have all the weapons down.

Phase 3, you have 3 minutes to down the remaining weapons and all four Advisors before Kael gets into the fight. Also a fixed timer.

So, already, you're at about the 9 to 11 minute mark.

Phase 4 and 5 are untimed - phase 4 ends when he hits 50%. This is completely a DPS thing. Kael has around 4M HP, whereas most of his advisors have 600k. In truth, though, Kael has a little more than that to get rid of since he puts up a shield every minute that absorbs 100k - not to mention he'll occasionally MC a healer. I've done massive heals on Kael before folks could CC me or break me out. :smallyuk:
Plus, since your DPS occasionally has to stop to get rid of the phoenix eggs before you get overrun by their constant AOE, your DPS on kael drops.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-14, 11:33 AM
I just bought and installed Burning Crusade.

Now what?

Tengu
2007-12-14, 01:42 PM
I just bought and installed Burning Crusade.

Now what?

Do you have a level 58-60 character?
Go to Blasted Lands, enter the Dark Portal and do all the stuff in Outlands.

Or alternatively, start a Draenei or a Blood Elf. Their starting zones are awesome.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-14, 01:46 PM
I have a 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest

Longshanks
2007-12-14, 02:16 PM
I tried an undead discipline priest but later decided I wanted to do shadow...

TheEmerged
2007-12-14, 02:43 PM
I have a 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest

Then get you to the Blasted Lands, young dwarf!

Oh, and if it's been a while since you played, you might want to stop at a priest trainer first. You probably have a free respec staring at you, and likely some spells to pick up.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-14, 02:56 PM
Does one get a free respect at 60? I got all my spells for 60, cost me a pretty penny.

Should I stay shadow spec for now? I don't group much.

Tengu
2007-12-14, 03:20 PM
There are some free respecs when Blizzard introduces big changes to the classes. One of them was a short time before TBC came out, when they introduced all the new talents. You don't get free respecs at any levels.

Shadow is the only non-healing focused priest, and therefore the only one useful for solo play.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-14, 03:33 PM
However, I might want to respect due to having the longer shadow tree, and having spent some talents in the no shadow trees?

Swordguy
2007-12-14, 03:48 PM
However, I might want to respect due to having the longer shadow tree, and having spent some talents in the no shadow trees?

Do you have an Armory link so we can see how you're built?

Indon
2007-12-14, 04:16 PM
Ahh, I see. I didn't know that. Then how come not until 40 did the choice appear in the LFG/LFM? :smallconfused: I see lower-40s in the queue, but more often mid and upper 40s, or groups of higher levels...

Maraudon is probably level 43-47 now. Maybe a bit higher, because the bosses of Zul'Farrak are now mostly 46.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-14, 05:01 PM
Do you have an Armory link so we can see how you're built?

Don't make fun, I haven't had the patience to eyeball good gear for a long while.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&n=Gabreil

I was thinking of going this far, but haven't decided where to go after 64...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?0000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000550252510251103251550

Tengu
2007-12-14, 06:05 PM
Just buy all other shadow talents apart from Improved Fade. They'll get useful in groups.

Vaynor
2007-12-14, 08:08 PM
Don't make fun, I haven't had the patience to eyeball good gear for a long while.

Gear doesn't matter when leveling until BC. You might want to replace the non-blue gear you have that's below 50 with some 58-60 OL greens to get you started.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-14, 09:44 PM
Okay, so I got this thing. (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=9359#contained-in-item), which seems to be worth 50g+ in the AH. Hopefully someone is actually going to buy it for that much. Doesn't seem like the most amazing weapon around. :smallconfused:

Got a ZF run last night from a friend. Interesting that even a 70 Rogue had a bit of a hard time doing it. He'd probably have died there once or twice had I not been able to put myself to use. Got 43 today, so at either 44 or some such I'll get a normal group.

TheEmerged
2007-12-14, 10:56 PM
Okay, so I got this thing. (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=9359#contained-in-item), which seems to be worth 50g+ in the AH. Hopefully someone is actually going to buy it for that much. Doesn't seem like the most amazing weapon around. :smallconfused:

Um... how should I say this... Um... People are buying this because it's... um... involves a joke that is not safe for work.

Oh, and it's an OK offhander for some classes.

=====================================

BTW, apparently some of the Winter Veil stuff is active a day early. I'm hearing reports that people are getting the "Santa Baby" patterns in the mail.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-14, 11:31 PM
Um... how should I say this... Um... People are buying this because it's... um... involves a joke that is not safe for work.

Oh, and it's an OK offhander for some classes.
Yeah, I know it's a reference, but... 50g for a meh, not terribly rare item? I don't get some people. =P

Swordguy
2007-12-14, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I know it's a reference, but... 50g for a meh, not terribly rare item? I don't get some people. =P

'Cause it's all about style.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n294/wolffe42/stylemotive.jpg

Tengu
2007-12-15, 05:05 AM
Or maybe it's for 40-49 twinks? I don't know if there aren't any better maces for that levels, though.

...Eh?
2007-12-15, 10:38 AM
I always see it as around 20-25g, since it drops all the damn time, and it's a very nice mace for the next 10 levels or so, so it's a bit of an investment.

Also, I came to seek help with my recuring battle with TMAS: Too Many Alts Syndrome. Once again, I find that I have four characters I want to level, and not enough time to level any of them. So, my question is, should I focus on getting my main to 60, where I can wait until I have the money to buy BC, or should I level my shaman, who has become my favorite character, to 40? There's also a Druid and a Paladin, but I'm not overly concerned with them.

TheBoneSplitter
2007-12-15, 10:44 AM
I've only got four characters, total... I should start getting my warrior upwards to Outlands... then and only then will I improve.

Said other toons are a 24 lock, 21 rogue (whom sadly hasn't been touched for often) and a paladin that I'm now building up who is 18... I think I have too many characters myself, but hey, one of them's gotta be a spare Miner...

Poison_Fish
2007-12-15, 10:57 AM
Well, let's see.. I've got several characters, two at 70, and 3 that I tend to level up in chunks around the same time, a 44 hunter, a 39 priest, and another 26 warrior.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-15, 11:43 AM
Heh, fun siggatar BoneSplitter.
*considers putting one in her sig too*
http://wowden.com/tools/sig.php/34590dWwtj.png

Tormsskull
2007-12-15, 12:01 PM
Also, I came to seek help with my recuring battle with TMAS: Too Many Alts Syndrome. Once again, I find that I have four characters I want to level, and not enough time to level any of them. So, my question is, should I focus on getting my main to 60, where I can wait until I have the money to buy BC, or should I level my shaman, who has become my favorite character, to 40? There's also a Druid and a Paladin, but I'm not overly concerned with them.

Whatever you have the most fun with man. There are definite advantages to having even a single high level character (particularly the ease of getting money).

But I can't rerally give you too much advice, I have the same problem. On one server I have: a 70, a 61, a 45, a 41, a 40, a 33, a 21, a 20. And I enjoy playing them all.

TheEmerged
2007-12-15, 01:15 PM
Winter Veil Update. It's officially live. I got the cider recipe and the red "santa baby"... er, winter veil outfit pattern. Now I need to figure out how to get the green one :smallcool:

Altivits. I normally suffer from this one badly; WoW is very unusual in that I got my mage to max level before any of my others got to 20th.

Believe it or not though, due to the Rest XP mechanic in the long run you're actually better off to level 2-3 characters at once. On one of the other boards I frequent there's a guy that's got a 70 of everything except Shaman, and his Shaman was his last character he only started after all his other characters hit 70.

If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know how, I'd have still maxed out a DPS class (like mage or hunter) first -- while leveling up a couple of others on the side. Their ability to grind out things that will make life easier on the your other characters is hard to beat. This is especially true when you need to grind large numbers of things that are "grey" to you; I often help my paladin friend grind out things that my AoE means I can kill 20 in the time it takes him to kill 3 and we've actually seen it happen.

Multiple character also means you can cross-polinate drops. There's a drop all alchemists will need 1 of called a Black Vitirol (spelling?), for example, that doesn't drop from anything special (that is, you can't just go grind <insert mob here> until it drops). They're not too expensive, I just bought mine of the AH -- but if you have multiple characters grinding around the same level, you're definitely improving your chances of getting one.

Another example are those Stranglethorn Page. My shaman and priest have benefited greatly from the pages my mage and rogue had banked; the priest went into STV only lacking 2 pages.

Vaynor
2007-12-15, 02:20 PM
I always see it as around 20-25g, since it drops all the damn time, and it's a very nice mace for the next 10 levels or so, so it's a bit of an investment.

You think you have a problem? Let me list my toons. 70 hunter, 70 paladin, 47 mage, 41 warlock, 33 druid, 28 priest, 27 warrior, 26 rogue, 18 shaman, and countless more that I can't remember off of the top of my head.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-15, 10:13 PM
Question from my brother (he's Horde) - The first time I went out to Shatt I had two other flight points, right off the bat; one to... somewhere I don't remember the name of, and one to the Portal. However, my brother is finally in Shatt now and has no flight points from Shatt. He has the path from Thrallmar to the Portal. Is he missing a connecting path between Shatt and Thrall? :smallconfused:

sihnfahl
2007-12-16, 12:07 AM
Question from my brother (he's Horde) - The first time I went out to Shatt I had two other flight points, right off the bat; one to... somewhere I don't remember the name of, and one to the Portal. However, my brother is finally in Shatt now and has no flight points from Shatt. He has the path from Thrallmar to the Portal. Is he missing a connecting path between Shatt and Thrall? :smallconfused:
Try picking up Falcon Point, Stonebreaker Hold and Swamprat Post.

TigerHunter
2007-12-16, 12:43 AM
I ported a friend to Shatt and he ended up stranded there, so he and I rode to Thrallmar and picked up FP's along the way. Falcon Watch was the only one needed to connect the two.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-17, 01:05 AM
Bizarre glitch my brother encountered today. It's the holiday gnome transformer outside of Undercity... he was playing with it, entering is repeatedly to get changed to a better looking gnome, when he got disconnected. When he logged back in, he saw his char falling. He fell to the very bottom of the map, and his character wasn't even appearing. Better yet, he was moving slowly (walking speed?), changing direction at random, so he couldn't hearth. He sent for GM aid, but, for whatever reason, he finally stopped moving and could hearth. The transformer is glitched much? :smalltongue:

Swordguy
2007-12-17, 01:11 AM
Bizarre glitch my brother encountered today. It's the holiday gnome transformer outside of Undercity... he was playing with it, entering is repeatedly to get changed to a better looking gnome, when he got disconnected. When he logged back in, he saw his char falling. He fell to the very bottom of the map, and his character wasn't even appearing. Better yet, he was moving slowly (walking speed?), changing direction at random, so he couldn't hearth. He sent for GM aid, but, for whatever reason, he finally stopped moving and could hearth. The transformer is glitched much? :smalltongue:

That is bizzare. Not heard anything like this happening anywhere. Nothing like it up on the Blizz Bug Report forum. He oughta post the situation there and let em know.

sun_tzu
2007-12-17, 02:30 AM
Skip it go to Outlands. You should have gone at 58 IMHO. Everything else in Azeroth is stupid and not worth it, level 58 greens from Outland replace Tier 1.
Everybody seems to be saying that.
Thing is, I WANT to do the Azeroth quests.
I WANT to reclaim Silithus from the minions of the Old Gods.
I WANT to kick the Scourge's butt out of Lordaeron.
I WANT to defeat the Blackrock clan and Black Dragonflight.
So, Outland will wait a bit, I think.
Anyway, reached level 61 over the week-end. Did most of the Silithus quests...except the group stuff. Couldn't find anyone. Also started working in the Burning Steppes, including the questline that I believe leads to battling Onyxia.

Khanderas
2007-12-17, 02:39 AM
You and me both.
I still have a quest halfway finished in silicus (well more then that. I need 4 people, now that we are 70, to take down a summoned boss, the item to summon it I got banked, since before the expansion). Will I get a group for that ever ? Nope, can't even get guildies to spend 10 minutes in silicus for a summonable raidboss anymore.

Incase you want to know what, its the Duke of Fathoms, summoned from a greater windstone.
I also know I am catagorically mispelling silicus.
Also need to kill two (2) gargoyles trash in Naxx... :smallsigh:

Tormsskull
2007-12-17, 07:59 AM
I've been doing BGs for a little bit now on my 70 Paladin. They are moderately fun, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the grind for the awesome gear is pointless.

Playing a Prot Paladin in BGs is pretty boring. So I usually throw on my healing gear and try to heal in BGs, but that gets boring real quick too. I'm thinking of respeccing to Ret until I finish the whole gear set (will take a long time. So far I've played BGs for like 6 hours or so, and I have accumulated 2500 honor. I need 16,000 honor (approximately) for each piece of gear.

But more and more I just want to build up my rogue for PVP goodness.

sihnfahl
2007-12-17, 10:01 AM
I've been doing BGs for a little bit now on my 70 Paladin. They are moderately fun, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the grind for the awesome gear is pointless.
Well, the grind for awesome PvP gear is just so you can survive longer and eke out the wins to get more PvP gear so you can survive longer and eke out more wins to get more ... <infinite loop situation detected; thread terminated>

Playing a Prot Paladin in BGs is pretty boring. So I usually throw on my healing gear and try to heal in BGs, but that gets boring real quick too. I'm thinking of respeccing to Ret until I finish the whole gear set (will take a long time. So far I've played BGs for like 6 hours or so, and I have accumulated 2500 honor. I need 16,000 honor (approximately) for each piece of gear.
Prot isn't good for pallys in BGs. Ret works well, as does Holy. I wouldn't say healing in BGs is boring - it all depends on the BG, your teammates and your location.

The most recent - and exceedingly fun - fight I had was in AB. My guildies and I had 5-capped, so we made a bottleneck at the Horde Base to keep them from grabbing anything. They were ressing at full health and mana, while we were fighting to keep up the damage and healing with depleted mana pools. I was healing like mad, tossing Chastise around for fun, and being the Priest Who Would Not Die (though they tried ... A LOT). Ultimate slaughter...

TheEmerged
2007-12-17, 07:07 PM
Everybody seems to be saying that.
Thing is, I WANT to do the Azeroth quests.
I WANT to reclaim Silithus from the minions of the Old Gods.
I WANT to defeat the Blackrock clan and Black Dragonflight.
So, Outland will wait a bit, I think.
Anyway, reached level 61 over the week-end. Did most of the Silithus quests...except the group stuff. Couldn't find anyone. Also started working in the Burning Steppes, including the questline that I believe leads to battling Onyxia.

/humor on
So do them at 70 :smallbiggrin:
/humor off

Well, I'm officially Exalted with the Scryers now, and I'm a little bit closer to Exalted with Honor Hold (which I need for a sword and an enchant). Actually used my Honor Hold banner last night during one of the fastest Shattered Hall runs I've ever seen. Epic'ed out pally tank plus hunter plus two frost mages (one in quest greens, myself in mostly blues) and a healer = lots of area effect going on.

I also hit Revered with Ogri'la, which isn't that big a deal; the only faction reward from them I care about requires Exalted and 4 Apexis Crystals -- I have 1 such crystal (not to be confused with the Apexis Shards I have running out my ears) and no real way to get more.

I'm probably going to give up on the Shartuul Transporter event. I got further through the 2nd stage last night but still not even halfway through that stage. My problem in a phrase, is that I can't seem to get the range I need for most of my abilities during that stage to work.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-17, 10:14 PM
Sooo... I gots me a Carrot on a Stick. I can't tell whether 3% makes a difference or not. >.>

Tengu
2007-12-17, 10:21 PM
Stick to it. It doesn't cost you anything to equip it when you're riding, and it actually makes you a bit faster, if only a bit. Riding crops are +10% riding speed, but they're level 70 and rather expensive.

Valairn
2007-12-17, 10:21 PM
My level 70 mage is completely decked out in Kara gear and a few pieces of Mag gear and Gruul gear, we had just started Serpentshring Cavern before imploding from the guild drama llama. Needless to say I was sad, I just started playing again 4 weeks ago and now have a brand spankin new level 60 shaman. Talk about nostalgia, my only other character to level 60+.

TheEmerged
2007-12-17, 10:27 PM

Just had to follow up on this particular part. I'm exalted with Argent Dawn, and have not only the tabard but one of the Exalted rewards.

Well, when I got the Red Winter Outfit pattern, I needed a lot of runecloth fast (and I was too cheap to buy) so I hit Gahhron's Withering and ground up a few stacks.

When I reported this to my friend, he joked, "Geez, the Scourge must have looked up and gone "Oh, not HER again" when you dismounted..." Seriously, you have no idea how much time that character has spent grinding that camp...

TheBoneSplitter
2007-12-17, 10:37 PM
Riding crops are actually level 69, I thought...

And I don't use my Carrot on a Stick with my Warrior... I find the Glimmering Mithril Insignia on him a few times more useful than a little more mount speed. He's also got the poison trinket from killing the shade in ST, it's generally just used as an additional DoT effect along with the additional damage from Gatorbite Axe.

Tengu
2007-12-18, 07:02 AM
What stops you from equipping the carrot when you're riding and changing to a different trinket when you're not? Not a pvp tactic, of course, because there you should be constantly ready for hammer time.

Khanderas
2007-12-18, 08:04 AM
I also hit Revered with Ogri'la, which isn't that big a deal; the only faction reward from them I care about requires Exalted and 4 Apexis Crystals -- I have 1 such crystal (not to be confused with the Apexis Shards I have running out my ears) and no real way to get more.

I'm probably going to give up on the Shartuul Transporter event. I got further through the 2nd stage last night but still not even halfway through that stage. My problem in a phrase, is that I can't seem to get the range I need for most of my abilities during that stage to work.

If you want another Apexis Crystal, just use the shards to kill 1 dragon at each dragonperch and get the 4 scales that makes a cloak when put together. Then talk to the dwarf at the Skybreaker near ogril'a. He will trade that cloak for a crystal. The demons from the crystals in the "bombing fields" also has a chance to drop such a crystal (EDIT: Repeatable). The dragons are easy, tanktypes with good gear can solo them.

The Shartuul transporter is hard, I have yet to get to the third form there.

Tekraen
2007-12-18, 10:10 AM
/humor on
So do them at 70 :smallbiggrin:
/humor off

Well, I'm officially Exalted with the Scryers now, and I'm a little bit closer to Exalted with Honor Hold (which I need for a sword and an enchant). Actually used my Honor Hold banner last night during one of the fastest Shattered Hall runs I've ever seen. Epic'ed out pally tank plus hunter plus two frost mages (one in quest greens, myself in mostly blues) and a healer = lots of area effect going on.

With a prot-pally main tanking Kara, we've been doing full clears in five hours. That's only because people keep going AFK and we wiped once on Shade, Netherspite, and Opera (it was Oz). Shattered Halls, though, is Paladin heaven. With me healing our Kara tank, it's three pulls to the first boss.

TheEmerged
2007-12-18, 01:09 PM
If you want another Apexis Crystal, just use the shards to kill 1 dragon at each dragonperch and get the 4 scales that makes a cloak when put together. Then talk to the dwarf at the Skybreaker near ogril'a. He will trade that cloak for a crystal. The demons from the crystals in the "bombing fields" also has a chance to drop such a crystal (EDIT: Repeatable). The dragons are easy, tanktypes with good gear can solo them.

I am neither a tank type nor is my gear that good (pre-heroic blues), hence my statement about no "real" way to get more :smallbiggrin: Everyone around Ogri'la is always too busy to group up for them, or isn't willing to do the runs repeatedly (which is what happened when I managed to get the one I got). And if I were in a real guild, I'd be running instances more than once a week and could talk about Kara.

No big deal, I'm still enjoying the game, but for me the Ogri'la rep means little. The money from the dailies is another thing entirely...

============

Now that I'm Exalted with the Scryers I'm turning my funds toward my Frozen Shadoweave and Spellstrike sets. I kinda backburnered this project because other things were the priority. Oh Dear God, I didn't realize I needed this many more primal waters... Good thing I'm hearthed to Allerian Stronghold, near one of the best farming spots for water motes

For the Spellstrike I'm going to end up needing 10 pieces of Spellcloth, which I can make 1 of every 4 days at the cost of a Primal Fire & Primal Mana. Primal Mana isn't too hard to farm but Primal Fire is pretty much perma-camped -- and you're lucky if you can score it for 30 gold. The weird thing? You can pretty consistently get the cloth itself for 36-40 gold (because spec tailors can make 2 cloth for the price of one, once they have their set many start selling it for profit). So for me, I think in the long run I'm going to end up buying my Spellcloth. That will just leave me with buying those primal mights (80-100 gold each) and somehow getting my paws on two primal nethers & the pants pattern -- or one primal nether and a lot of money to pay sommeone that already has the pants pattern.

Even for the Shadoweave, it may pay me to buy a few pieces of it. The primals for the cloth will set me back around 50 gold per cooldown, or 25 gold per piece (the Imbued Netherweave essentially makes itself for me, and I've got a decent stockpile of it already) compared to 40 gold if I buy the cloth. But let's remember that gold costs me time, as does the 4 day cooldown. Ultimately I'll be minmaxing the time, not the gold.

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-12-18, 08:19 PM
hey guys i play wow too and.... does anyone have a gitp guild yet??

Ego Slayer
2007-12-18, 08:28 PM
hey guys i play wow too and.... does anyone have a gitp guild yet??
Because we're all on different servers, no.
I wish we weren't. :smallfrown:

Mine (Cenarion Circle) does have a small guild called Order of the Stick, though.

Poison_Fish
2007-12-18, 08:36 PM
Yeah, but your alliance mon.

Da horde on Cenarion Circle is better. :-P

Ego Slayer
2007-12-18, 08:39 PM
You're CC Horde, Poison? I *do* have newby Horde alts... =P

The Linker
2007-12-18, 09:23 PM
It'd be cool if we could all agree on a server and faction, and all make new characters there to form the foundations of a long-standing guild! :smallbiggrin:

Mmmmmmmaybe.

Vaynor
2007-12-18, 11:00 PM
We actually did, shattered halls alliance I believe. But I for one don't want to play toons on a different server when I have two 70s and already a myriad of alts to level up. It's just not plausible IMHO.

...Eh?
2007-12-19, 04:36 PM
SH Alliance is on the Euro server, the American SH realm is Horde, I believe. I know my alt there is Horde, anyways.

DarkLightDragon
2007-12-20, 02:11 AM
It was indeed SH Horde for the US servers. But it didn't go too well.

sun_tzu
2007-12-20, 04:36 AM
BRD is driving me insane.
Did a run two days ago. Managed to do some quests, but it got late, and we called it a day.
Did a second run today. Halfway through, three people had to leave. We managed to find more people, kept getting lost in the huge structure, accomplished a few more quests, and eventually called it a day around 2 a.m., after my armor went completely in the red (the mobs had respawned by then! In an instance!).
Planning to return ASAP for the three quests I have left: The Marshall Windsor escort mission (that's where we failed yesterday), the attunement to the core mission (no idea how to proceed. Will have to check guides), and the mission where you kill the Dark Iron emperor without killing the princess.
Crazy place.

Khanderas
2007-12-20, 07:43 AM
Did a run two days ago. Managed to do some quests, but it got late, and we called it a day.
Did a second run today. Halfway through, three people had to leave. We managed to find more people, kept getting lost in the huge structure, accomplished a few more quests, and eventually called it a day around 2 a.m., after my armor went completely in the red (the mobs had respawned by then! In an instance!).
Planning to return ASAP for the three quests I have left: The Marshall Windsor escort mission (that's where we failed yesterday), the attunement to the core mission (no idea how to proceed. Will have to check guides), and the mission where you kill the Dark Iron emperor without killing the princess.
Crazy place.
I'm impressed you got people for the first run. Love the place, really do. but it is big and hard for those not used to the place.
Best of luck on the emperor part, be sure to get some good AoE.
I never played Alliance, do not know anything about windsor escort.
The core attunment, move forward and beat the 7 ghost dwarves, take a right over the bridge in the next room and there is a stalagtite by the wall on the other side. This is also where the dark forge is, for smelting dark iron.
There is a path to take to this place THOUGH the lava, but unless you can stealth and have FR potions en masse, I would not reccomend it.

Tormsskull
2007-12-20, 09:11 AM
Yeah, if any playgrounders are looking to make a fresh start, come to Azshara Server. Its a PVP server with pretty low population, which is good if you are worried about being ganked all the time.

I'm also in an awesome guild there, named Superbad (after the movie). We currently are recruiting levels 40+, but I'd be willing to help playgrounders level up on any of my characters.

TigerHunter
2007-12-20, 10:02 AM
Soooo, I met Mor'ladin today.
Me: Oh crap! That's the guy they keep talking about in the WoW thread! Shackle Undead! Shackle unaaugh...
You are dead.
:smallannoyed:
I found a warrior working on the same quest a while later. He paid dearly when he tried to get me a second time. :smallcool:

Archaicwonder
2007-12-20, 03:47 PM
Tormskull, what faction? My guild is getting ready to implode, if you're alliance I might try it out and if I like it bring over my lock

laszarus
2007-12-20, 09:22 PM
Hey all, first time posting in this thread.

So, I've had WoW since ... summer last year, I think. Rolled me up a Troll Warrior. He's now level 55 (About to ding 56). Two days ago he was 51. So, you may be able to see my dilemma. I'm kind of an on-and-off player, and I really want to hit at least 60 with this guy.

I'm on Shadowsong server (US), and he's called Kadmus (Linky: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Kadmus ).

So, two questions: What should I do to keep my interest? I'm about to finish my Un'Goro Crater quests (all of 'em), and am thinking of hitting the Western Plaguelands next (Finished Searing Gorge, Tanaris, Azshara yesterday and the day before). Oh, and I can't stand grinding, usually I can motivate myself to do it (Ground half a level between 51 and 52 on furbolgs) but it isn't much fun.

Secondly, can anyone recommend a good guild for me?

Thirdly: Any other advice? (I have a level 70 'lock friend who can run me through lots of things if needed)

Ego Slayer
2007-12-21, 12:34 AM
Seen Oxhorn's videos? These three (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D25046A07D0637B6) (well, 1 and 2 really) are awesome.

So, in Goldshire today... 'bout 8-10 Horde somehow managed to use the Inn glitch to get atop the Inn roof and attacked from up there... they were there for hours, and there were skeletons all over the ground. I don't know whether they eventually got bored and left, or enough Alliance showed up to take them out. Flippin' awesome.

Vaynor
2007-12-21, 04:30 AM
Seen Oxhorn's videos? These three (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D25046A07D0637B6) (well, 1 and 2 really) are awesome.

So, in Goldshire today... 'bout 8-10 Horde somehow managed to use the Inn glitch to get atop the Inn roof and attacked from up there... they were there for hours, and there were skeletons all over the ground. I don't know whether they eventually got bored and left, or enough Alliance showed up to take them out. Flippin' awesome.

There's this guy called Guki on my server, undead pom pyro mage. Every alliance player knows him and has probably been killed by him once or twice. Runs through SW, etc. He sat on top of that inn for at least 5 hours shooting pyros at level 10s.

sun_tzu
2007-12-21, 04:52 AM
I'm impressed you got people for the first run. Love the place, really do. but it is big and hard for those not used to the place.
Best of luck on the emperor part, be sure to get some good AoE.
I never played Alliance, do not know anything about windsor escort.
The core attunment, move forward and beat the 7 ghost dwarves, take a right over the bridge in the next room and there is a stalagtite by the wall on the other side. This is also where the dark forge is, for smelting dark iron.
There is a path to take to this place THOUGH the lava, but unless you can stealth and have FR potions en masse, I would not reccomend it.

Well, I did a third run yesterday (actually, joined it in the middle - one of the guys from the previous runs had started one on his own, but lost a member halfway, and asked me to join before the mobs started respawning). Got as far as the Grim Guzzler - but, completed the Marshall Windsor quest, leading to the "raid" in the Stormwind throne room, which will eventually allow me to get the key to Onyxia's lair.
I think I'll lay of BRD for a while. I still need to kill the emperor (without killing the princess), attune to the core, and figure out how to smelt dark iron...but I'll probably do that after I gain a few new levels. For now, I reached level 62, started exploring Outland (I definitely see what people meant about the better rewards - I very quickly obtained a sword and chest piece far superior to those I had), and am planning on doing Stratholme soon (need the Holy Water for my epic mount anyway).

TimeOut
2007-12-21, 05:56 AM
There's this guy called Guki on my server, undead pom pyro mage. Every alliance player knows him and has probably been killed by him once or twice. Runs through SW, etc. He sat on top of that inn for at least 5 hours shooting pyros at level 10s.

Sitting on rooftops (or other places unreachable by guards) is considered griefing and exploiting and earns you a warning or a 72h ban.

Khanderas
2007-12-21, 10:18 AM
Well, I did a third run yesterday (actually, joined it in the middle - one of the guys from the previous runs had started one on his own, but lost a member halfway, and asked me to join before the mobs started respawning). Got as far as the Grim Guzzler - but, completed the Marshall Windsor quest, leading to the "raid" in the Stormwind throne room, which will eventually allow me to get the key to Onyxia's lair.
I think I'll lay of BRD for a while. I still need to kill the emperor (without killing the princess), attune to the core, and figure out how to smelt dark iron...but I'll probably do that after I gain a few new levels. For now, I reached level 62, started exploring Outland (I definitely see what people meant about the better rewards - I very quickly obtained a sword and chest piece far superior to those I had), and am planning on doing Stratholme soon (need the Holy Water for my epic mount anyway).
That holy water is in boxes all over the place. They tend to be trapped with roaches and rats though.
After the Grim Guzzler, you gotta kill a salamander boss (salamander as in basically a 2 armed firenaga, with fire) a factory for lava golems and then you meet the 7 Dwarven Ghosts. Before you fight the ghosts you can talk to one of them and learn how to smelt Dark Iron (impossible after the fight). You need star rubies (16 or around that) Iron, Mithril and problebly more. Look it up before you go, you will want to have the materials needed. (But do note that you problebly wont smelt black iron ever. Its main use is to get FR gear in preparation for Molten Core, and there are better things then Dark Iron gear in the AH from the expansion.)

Then you kill the ghosts and as thanks you get some loot. Next room, forward or right. Right takes you to the Dark forge and the fragment of the Core (for molten core). Forward though the doors take you to a large room with lots of FAST respawning mooks (bring AoE). 2 patrols there, carrying torches. Kill the patrols, get the torches, light the 2 braziers enter the next room. Kick golem butt and then the emperor is in sight.

Tekraen
2007-12-21, 11:17 AM
That holy water is in boxes all over the place. They tend to be trapped with roaches and rats though.
After the Grim Guzzler, you gotta kill a salamander boss (salamander as in basically a 2 armed firenaga, with fire) a factory for lava golems and then you meet the 7 Dwarven Ghosts. Before you fight the ghosts you can talk to one of them and learn how to smelt Dark Iron (impossible after the fight). You need star rubies (16 or around that) Iron, Mithril and problebly more. Look it up before you go, you will want to have the materials needed. (But do note that you problebly wont smelt black iron ever. Its main use is to get FR gear in preparation for Molten Core, and there are better things then Dark Iron gear in the AH from the expansion.)

Then you kill the ghosts and as thanks you get some loot. Next room, forward or right. Right takes you to the Dark forge and the fragment of the Core (for molten core). Forward though the doors take you to a large room with lots of FAST respawning mooks (bring AoE). 2 patrols there, carrying torches. Kill the patrols, get the torches, light the 2 braziers enter the next room. Kick golem butt and then the emperor is in sight.

Not iron, gold. And not mithril, Truesilver.

You get this quest by talking to Gloom'Rel, one of the seven dwarves in Blackrock Depths. He will ask for a tribute so remember to bring:

2 Star Ruby
10 Truesilver Bars
20 Gold Bars

He will tell you to put them in a Spectral Chalice. Don't forget to talk to him again after you have done this.

TigerHunter
2007-12-22, 11:17 AM
Sven: I seek revenge against the Dark Riders, who murdered my wife and children.

Clerk Daltry: Mor'ladim was driven insane when he discovered his wife and children had died during the war.

Captain Andrews: Poor James lost his wife and children in the terrible fire we want you to investigate.

Cliche much, Blizzard? :smallsigh:

Crispy Dave
2007-12-22, 11:46 AM
ok so ive done like 3 wow trials before and ive decided to go ahead and buy the game but im realy tiered of being a low lvl so i was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me lvl up faster when i start playing?

Ego Slayer
2007-12-22, 12:41 PM
Are you going to use an existing character? What server are you on, and what level are you (if you use one you already trained), what is your race and class? I'm on Cenarion Circle, myself (Alli).

Crispy Dave
2007-12-22, 03:24 PM
i am not going to use an existing charicter because its an alliance charicte rand I wanted to play horde as for what sever id prefer a pvp relm with alot of people on it

Ego Slayer
2007-12-22, 08:07 PM
Ahh, PVP... I wouldn't think a highly populated PVP is a good place to start, but... that's just me, 'cos I'd constantly be getting killed if I did that.

Oh, forgot to mention... 985 fire crit last night. >.< Aaaahhh, so close to 1k!

TheEmerged
2007-12-22, 08:46 PM
Sven: I seek revenge against the Dark Riders, who murdered my wife and children.

Clerk Daltry: Mor'ladim was driven insane when he discovered his wife and children had died during the war.

Captain Andrews: Poor James lost his wife and children in the terrible fire we want you to investigate.

Cliche much, Blizzard? :smallsigh:

What you might not be getting, TH, is that the cliches are part of the package. The same package that has the bankers in Stormwind named "Oliva Newton John". The same package that has

1> An escaped slave becoming king
2> A princely paladin becoming a dark, foreboding threat
3> The beautiful woman who finds herself falling for the ugly man with the heart of gold
4> Believe me, I could VERY much go on here...

Let's be honest here -- Warcraft was stacked with cliches even before they tacked the "World" in front of it. That's intended, I believe, in the way that certain "action" novels are written as self-parodies (James Bond during the Roger Moore era, to name a name).

TigerHunter
2007-12-23, 12:08 AM
What you might not be getting, TH, is that the cliches are part of the package. The same package that has the bankers in Stormwind named "Oliva Newton John". The same package that has

1> An escaped slave becoming king
2> A princely paladin becoming a dark, foreboding threat
3> The beautiful woman who finds herself falling for the ugly man with the heart of gold
4> Believe me, I could VERY much go on here...

Let's be honest here -- Warcraft was stacked with cliches even before they tacked the "World" in front of it. That's intended, I believe, in the way that certain "action" novels are written as self-parodies (James Bond during the Roger Moore era, to name a name).
Oh, I'm fully aware of that. What I'm whining about is the use of the same cliche three different times within the span of five levels. I mean, they could have made it the wife who survived in one of those, just for a little variety.

TigerHunter
2007-12-23, 05:25 PM
Gripe time. I'll try to keep it short.
Rogue in SM kept clicking Need on everything, including a blue that another party member needed (rogues can't even USE staves...).
Druid ran past me while I was fighting three mobs I'd accidentally aggro'd, and after I barely survived, started the escort quest I'd come to do, forcing me to wait for the NPC to come back. He could have at LEAST invited me to help him...

Tengu
2007-12-23, 06:19 PM
Rogue in SM kept clicking Need on everything, including a blue that another party member needed (rogues can't even USE staves...).

Grr, nothing as bad as ninjas. To avoid such people you should kick out everyone who rolls need on something they don't need, unless they apologise or excuse themselves after that ("Aah, I'm so sorry, that was a misclick!" for example - most ninjas are too stupid to say stuff like that, they are mostly silent and just keep rolling need).

TheBoneSplitter
2007-12-24, 12:02 AM
What stops you from equipping the carrot when you're riding and changing to a different trinket when you're not? Not a pvp tactic, of course, because there you should be constantly ready for hammer time.

Too lazy to think about it, is all. I'm lazy enough to make macros, deny gray quests, etc, and I feel I'm doing reasonably well in the game.

@TigerHunter: Oh my freakin god, that's the worst... not that it happens to me often, but it happens to everyone else in my family that plays. I would have whispered the druid and give him a severe lashing of words.

...and yeah, the rogue deserves to not play. -_-

MCerberus
2007-12-24, 12:48 AM
Ugh Rogues and Hunters seem to have a habit of doing that for some odd reason. Oddly enough I have a story of a Hunter NOT needing something I went through a lot of trouble to get him.

Back on my dwarf I was class Junior and was in charge of overseeing gear getting for new players. I noticed a trial member was using a stupid sword with strength on it (and it was a green!). I asked him about it and he claimed he has horrible luck with drops and couldn't find groups. So I offered to help him out in Shadow Labs for the Sonic Spear (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27903). I could stand him not doing so well in the instance as he was new, but after a few runs the thing finally dropped.

He passed claiming it was worse than the stupid little piece of trash he was using. It then became a shard that was very difficult to get. After all the officers simultaneously kicked him for wasting guild resources (I was an alchemist. When my time was wasted the guild got less potions) and general stupidity. A month or so later I saw him with THIS (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28253).

Oh and it's not a rogue or hunter but I lost my first chance at a Lightning Capacitor (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28785) to a Shadow Priest as my Elemental Shaman. This made the Boomkin, Mage, Demo Warlock, and myself very angry.

edit - and this was back before it was changed and I could pump out 3 crits in no time flat.

Poison_Fish
2007-12-24, 01:20 AM
You're CC Horde, Poison? I *do* have newby Horde alts... =P

Yes, I'm Gijan (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&n=Gijan) on CC, that's my main. In the guild nightwatch. (Must resist temptation to recruit). I also have a few alts, Tehaso, Narasu, and Zomji.

Oh and it's not a rogue or hunter but I lost my first chance at a Lightning Capacitor to a Shadow Priest as my Elemental Shaman. This made the Boomkin, Mage, Demo Warlock, and myself very angry.

edit - and this was back before it was changed and I could pump out 3 crits in no time flat.

Also, a Shadow Priest with that!? No, no, no. Most of a shadow priests damage is from stuff that can't crit, shadow word pain, mind flay, and occasional mind blasts (only thing that can crit), but for the most part, they aren't going to be doing anything close to that.

That thing is chiefly for ele-shaman (speaking as one), then followed up by boomkins, fire mages, and destro locks. Then other classes.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-24, 12:13 PM
*lives*

That's a -nice- trinket. Crits are always FTW.

... On a sidenote, if anyone cares, no update on me. still level 37.. :smallsigh: Not because I don't play, mind you, but because my girlfriend refuses to level up her warlock while I wait, stuck 3 painful levels before getting my mount..

On a good note, though, I've collected most of the red mageweave stuff (including bags!), except for the headband, which I've replaced with a white bandit mask, so by level 41, I'll be looking a bit like the "ninja'd out" mighty morphin' rangers. :smallbiggrin:

(On a sidenote, anyone have any advice for being a good guild master?)

Crispy Dave
2007-12-24, 01:19 PM
ok so it sounds to me that most of you are all allince so mabey I might play alliance but i realy could use some help im planning so far on playing a priest but im nto to sure yet

Ego Slayer
2007-12-24, 02:06 PM
^: It would be most wonderful if you spell checked and/or proof-read before you posted.

Question!
Where does the Enchant (?) for +10 Critical Strike Rating come from? I have these gloves (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&n=Kathlin) that I'd gotten from the AH, but... I really kind of want better gloves, with the +10, but I can't seem to find that it's an enchantment... :smallconfused:

sihnfahl
2007-12-24, 07:51 PM
Where does the Enchant (?) for +10 Critical Strike Rating come from? I have these gloves (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&n=Kathlin) that I'd gotten from the AH, but... I really kind of want better gloves, with the +10, but I can't seem to find that it's an enchantment... :smallconfused:
I suppose you mean spell crit strike, since you're a mage.

Here's the +10 to gloves (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33993).

And here's the +15. (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33994) Just need to know an enchanter who's revered with CE for this one.

(On a sidenote, anyone have any advice for being a good guild master?)
Simple (if slightly facetious) answer? Don't become one in the first place.

More to the point, it's like being a coach. Be fair. Don't play favorites - if the same people are showing up week after week to a raid, don't regularly pass one up for the other. Our guild allows raiders who don't participate in the raid, but are present at rollcall, to gain DKP. After all, they were prepared to raid, but they were not needed at the time. This way, when they DO get in, they have a good shot at needed loot.

Rotate healers to prevent burnout; this is a BIG problem in raiding guilds. Eventually the stresses can get to them; endgame content is fast-paced and demanding on healers, which is why Blizz put up so much haste rating on later healing gear. It's the only way to keep up in certain fights.

Likewise, listen to your tanks. They can get the same problem as well; with myriad kinds of hard timers and soft encounter limits (your healers will eventually run out of mana and tricks to regen), the tanks have to lay down threat and fast to let your DPSers open up ASAP.

Organize guild runs for heroic badges and PvP. It's good to unwind now and then, and an organized guild can farm well. It helps mitigate one of the biggest stressors on folks - losing.

The Linker
2007-12-24, 07:57 PM
Ugh Rogues and Hunters seem to have a habit of doing that for some odd reason. Oddly enough I have a story of a Hunter NOT needing something I went through a lot of trouble to get him.

Back on my dwarf I was class Junior and was in charge of overseeing gear getting for new players. I noticed a trial member was using a stupid sword with strength on it (and it was a green!). I asked him about it and he claimed he has horrible luck with drops and couldn't find groups. So I offered to help him out in Shadow Labs for the Sonic Spear (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27903). I could stand him not doing so well in the instance as he was new, but after a few runs the thing finally dropped.

He passed claiming it was worse than the stupid little piece of trash he was using. It then became a shard that was very difficult to get. After all the officers simultaneously kicked him for wasting guild resources (I was an alchemist. When my time was wasted the guild got less potions) and general stupidity. A month or so later I saw him with THIS (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28253).

Someone needs to tell him how useless strength is to a hunter. Did you actually tell him that agility gives melee attack power to a hunter as well?

Maybe he's just one of those hunters that melees all his enemies because he can never get his pet to keep agro. Oh well. :smallsigh:

There was this one hunter I met a long time ago who had TONS of strength gear. I told her that it wasn't the OPTIMAL stat for a hunter, and that she would do a lot more damage fighting at range... however, I forgot to tell her that she'd get (just as much?) melee attack power from agility. I felt really stupid/guilty after I realized that, and I forgot her name. :smallfrown:

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-24, 11:17 PM
-a whole bunch of really useful tips-

Will do. My guild's small at the moment, but as soon as I'm high enough level (I've been stuck at 37 for over a month- maybe two :smallsigh: ), It's gonna be an RP raiding/world PVP- type shindig.

.. And I'm sorry I keep asking questions. ^^; I'm not allowed to level, and knowledge is the only form of power I can accrue in the meantime..

Tengu
2007-12-25, 07:24 AM
And here's the +15. (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33994) Just need to know an enchanter who's revered with CE for this one.

That's +15 spell hit, not spell crit. There's a lot of difference - hit is much better for raiding, but basically useless in pvp.

Poison_Fish
2007-12-25, 12:28 PM
That's +15 spell hit, not spell crit. There's a lot of difference - hit is much better for raiding, but basically useless in pvp.

Unless you hit the spell hit rating cap, then crit or damage away.

Vaynor
2007-12-25, 12:46 PM
Crazy place.

Pfffft, BRD is for noobs. Me and my friend (ret pally + BM hunter) walk through there to farm shards. Only have to kill like 2-3 groups of mobs that aren't bosses. I love the 70 aggro range. We're trying to get that trinket from the emperor for him. Chance to add an extra hit one, procs enough to be worth it apparently. Last time we went in we got 26 small brilliant shards, and 14 large brilliant shards.

Also, I just got the Sun Eater (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29362) on my first heroic Mechanar run ever, I'm so lucky with loot. As for the lack of spell damage for a paladin tank (for those who don't know, I get extra aggro from holy damage, and to do enough I need to equip a spell damage sword), I plan on switching from my mace (the one from heroic Slave Pens) to the Sun Eater midfight once I have a significant aggro lead. Also, I wear it around the city cause it looks so cool.

Also got enough badges from that run to get my Libram of Repentance (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29388) (+5.33% chance to block extra when Holy Shield is active, aka always).

And I finally farmed enough primal lives (I needed 20!!), and adamantite bars (60 total) to get my Bracers of the Green Fortress (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23538).

I have 4 epics now! And I'm almost immune to crushing blows (necessary for Karazhan), I'm at 98.23% mitigation and I need 102.41%.

In other news, the Xmas gifts rock!

Ego Slayer
2007-12-25, 12:52 PM
I suppose you mean spell crit strike, since you're a mage.
Here's the +10 to gloves (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33993).

Awesome, thanks. Found someone to do it, and the mats were relatively cheap. :smallcool:

...Eh?
2007-12-25, 12:54 PM
The lack of ST groups available on my server cause me great pain, when all I really need is some of that delicious plate that drops in there; the fact that I'm about 8 Shadowsworn kills away from having a warrior quest there also makes me buggy. Although, maybe with some Christmas money, I can go out, get BC, grind to 58, and just ignore ST.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-25, 03:11 PM
I've only been all the way through ST once. Last night's group got part way before we lost someone, who one of the other members tried to replace with a 43 Priest (wtf!) so we couldn't even summon her. :smallannoyed: I actually really enjoyed the first time, though... maybe 'cos I got to AOE so much, especially on the part with the dragons. Do hate the mobs before Jammal'an, though. I'm always too slow on counterspelling Fear.

TigerHunter
2007-12-25, 04:49 PM
BG's suck. All I do is get repeatedly pwned by people with better gear. In the WSG I was just in, I ended up pretty far away from the main battle 1v1'ing with a warrior. Mages are the warrior's weakness, and I proved that quite well. He was Frost Nova'd and Slow'd until he was at 10%, without having managed to get a single hit in.
Then he charged me. I died in three hits.
I don't care if you're the best WoW player to ever live, that is not winnable.

Conclusion: I need better PvP gear.

TheEmerged
2007-12-25, 05:29 PM
RE: Old World Dungeons. Oh the horror stories I could tell.

BRD -- they really, really need to break this one up ala most of the TBC instances. I did most of the BRD quests in a single group the first time I ran it -- a 5 hour run. Yes, a 5 hour run. And I forgot to bring the mats for the real reason I was going there in the first place...

BRD isn't quite as bad as Uldaman for the "come back several times" quests, but there's one particular chain for the alliance that will have you in here three or four times. I managed to see the Freezing Band drop in here, and a WARRIOR rolled on it. It was BoE, you see, and since at the time it was the best ring for a frost mage you could sell it for a lot. I didn't complain beyond asking him why he'd rolled on it in the first place, and to his credit the next day he mailed it to me.

ST -- I ran this one too many times trying to get the +5 Resist to Cloak enchant back in the day. I actually saw it drop once, and someone else rolled on it for their alt. Not for them, their alt. You had better believe I was happy when that patten became trainer learned. At least most of the quests are "go there once" (unlike BRD & Uldaman), you can actually get most of your quests here in a single run.

Post TBC, it's worth noting that most (all?) classes have a quest chain running through there -- I know my shaman alt is going to have to run it. Said shaman may or may not have to run BRD for dark iron smelting too (the question is whether or not I want to bother with it).

Personally, I wish Blizzard would do the obvious and create Heroic modes for at least some of the old world instances. I was hoping they'd break up BRD during that patch where they revised some of the quests and drops but no such luck.

======================

Bad News: Blizzard is backpedaling somewhat on their statements about making enchanting AH-friendly in WotLK. The original statements were worded loosely enough that they TECHNICALLY didn't backpedal but it's still disappointing.

Good News: I managed to find someone short-selling Primal Fires last night, bought nearly a stack of them. Between the amount of shadoweave and spellcloth I still need, that's going to be a big help.

Oh, I also crossed the halfway mark of Honor Hold Exalted last night. The tankadin I was grouped with made out like a bandit, getting two upgrades and a DPS weapon.

Poison_Fish
2007-12-25, 11:13 PM
BG's suck. All I do is get repeatedly pwned by people with better gear. In the WSG I was just in, I ended up pretty far away from the main battle 1v1'ing with a warrior. Mages are the warrior's weakness, and I proved that quite well. He was Frost Nova'd and Slow'd until he was at 10%, without having managed to get a single hit in.
Then he charged me. I died in three hits.
I don't care if you're the best WoW player to ever live, that is not winnable.

Conclusion: I need better PvP gear.

Actually, I'd say the conclusion is at 70, warriors are rather overpowered now at pvp. And that's coming from someone who used a mix of decent pvp gear.

sihnfahl
2007-12-26, 11:27 AM
Although, maybe with some Christmas money, I can go out, get BC, grind to 58, and just ignore ST.
Given that most folks have BC now, this wouldn't be such a bad thing. Most folks running to 70 don't bother with the instances, since the XP rewards for quests has been increased and the XP requirements dropped.

Heck, my druid only ran one instance on the way to Outlands, and that was ZF to kill Ghaz'rilla for the Carrot.

It isn't that hard to level, either, in Outlands. My druid hit 70 last night - 8 days, 11 hours total played, and a bit of that wasted in AV during the honor weekend just to build up a few thousand honor points... :smalltongue:

Now I just have to go back and hit all the group and instance quests for the gear and attunes. :smallannoyed:

TigerHunter
2007-12-26, 01:10 PM
Given that most folks have BC now, this wouldn't be such a bad thing. Most folks running to 70 don't bother with the instances, since the XP rewards for quests has been increased and the XP requirements dropped.

Heck, my druid only ran one instance on the way to Outlands, and that was ZF to kill Ghaz'rilla for the Carrot.

It isn't that hard to level, either, in Outlands. My druid hit 70 last night - 8 days, 11 hours total played, and a bit of that wasted in AV during the honor weekend just to build up a few thousand honor points... :smalltongue:

Now I just have to go back and hit all the group and instance quests for the gear and attunes. :smallannoyed:
I enjoy instances too much to just skip over them. Even Scarlet Monastery, even though its hard as heck for Alliance to reach, and once there you get ganked by 50 Horde kill squads.

sihnfahl
2007-12-26, 01:12 PM
I enjoy instances too much to just skip over them. Even Scarlet Monastery, even though its hard as heck for Alliance to reach, and once there you get ganked by 50 Horde kill squads.
I ran those instances far too many times for them to be fun for me anymore.

Heck, the only reason I run instances now? Daily quests and heroic badges...

TigerHunter
2007-12-26, 01:17 PM
I ran those instances far too many times for them to be fun for me anymore.

Heck, the only reason I run instances now? Daily quests and heroic badges...
Ah. Well, I'm only on my third alt, and my first Alliance one, so it's still fun to me. Plus the instance is a lot different when you're healing instead of dps'ing.
If instances bore you, doesn't doing all the quests you've already done bore you too? :smallconfused:

sihnfahl
2007-12-26, 01:56 PM
Ah. Well, I'm only on my third alt, and my first Alliance one, so it's still fun to me. Plus the instance is a lot different when you're healing instead of dps'ing.
If instances bore you, doesn't doing all the quests you've already done bore you too? :smallconfused:
Not when I take a different approach to it. It's the same quest, yes, but how you approach a quest when you're a feral druid versus a smite priest is different.

But, once I've done the quest once on a specific class and faction, I probably won't visit it again....

Tekraen
2007-12-26, 03:11 PM
Rotate healers to prevent burnout; this is a BIG problem in raiding guilds. Eventually the stresses can get to them; endgame content is fast-paced and demanding on healers, which is why Blizz put up so much haste rating on later healing gear. It's the only way to keep up in certain fights.

Dear god, yes. I'm main heal for our group's Kara raiders, and I don't get any time off. I'd really like to start running ZA since I'm about geared out in Kara, but the ZA raiders won't let me in since they've got three other healers there. That the other two are the third's personal cheering section is just icing on the cake.

TigerHunter
2007-12-26, 07:06 PM
Anyone know when Winter's Veil ends? I'm hoping to get my priest high enough to do some of the quests before it ends.

TheEmerged
2007-12-26, 07:20 PM
Won't be long, the presents are active under the tree. Once I go to lunch and can hit the main site I'll edit in the posted date

Editted In: Looks like it's scheduled to end Jan 2. In the past though they've stopped at midnight before the listed date...

laszarus
2007-12-26, 07:43 PM
I hit 58 the other day...

The Outland quest rewards make me want to cry. Cry like a baby. There's a helmet. With more armour than my CHESTPIECE. As a QUEST REWARD. And I can get it, which is awesome. Man, plate is awesome. The weapons are good too - the Rage Reaver ups my DPS by more than 10 per second, gives me massive bonuses, and looks cool. I've only done what, three main quests, and I'm already at almost 1K HP more than I had when I came in, and looks like I'm suddenly gonna be able to actually kill things at a decent rate.

Leon
2007-12-26, 08:03 PM
Dear god, yes. I'm main heal for our group's Kara raiders, and I don't get any time off. I'd really like to start running ZA since I'm about geared out in Kara, but the ZA raiders won't let me in since they've got three other healers there. That the other two are the third's personal cheering section is just icing on the cake.

Wont let you, well find some people who do since these seem to be not the best people to hang with if they dont allow you some flexability

TheEmerged
2007-12-26, 08:30 PM
I hit 58 the other day...

The Outland quest rewards make me want to cry. Cry like a baby. There's a helmet. With more armour than my CHESTPIECE. As a QUEST REWARD. And I can get it, which is awesome. Man, plate is awesome. The weapons are good too - the Rage Reaver ups my DPS by more than 10 per second, gives me massive bonuses, and looks cool. I've only done what, three main quests, and I'm already at almost 1K HP more than I had when I came in, and looks like I'm suddenly gonna be able to actually kill things at a decent rate.

Which leads to jokes about the "Hellfire Newb Suit", because of the way people leveling into HFP tend to leave it with the same gear everyone else left HFP with :)

Oh, try to delay the HFP quests if you can. The orcs stop giving rep when you hit friendly, so try not to do many quests until you hit that. That's about 3000 rep I really wish I had right now (struggling to get to Exalted with Honor Hold).

BTW, they put the new holiday recipes on vendors since so many people didn't get theirs. Naturally the green recipe is on the Horde vendor and the red recipe is on the Alliance one... I got brave and ran into Silvermoon City to try and buy the green one. Turns out the pattern is not visible to the other faction :smalleek:

TigerHunter
2007-12-26, 09:29 PM
BTW, they put the new holiday recipes on vendors since so many people didn't get theirs. Naturally the green recipe is on the Horde vendor and the red recipe is on the Alliance one... I got brave and ran into Silvermoon City to try and buy the green one. Turns out the pattern is not visible to the other faction :smalleek:
Boo. Try the Neutral Auction House in the goblin towns. Which vendors? The Smokywood Pasture ones?

TheEmerged
2007-12-27, 12:18 PM
Boo. Try the Neutral Auction House in the goblin towns. Which vendors? The Smokywood Pasture ones?

The pattern is BoP, so no AH.

HOWEVER, someone on another board pointed out the solution to me -- the pattern isn't sold in every town, only Ogrimar and Ironforge. Yes, the Smokywood Pasture vendors, the same one that sells the cookie recipe.

So last night I ran into Ogrimar. Between timely use of my mount/riding crop, Invisibility, Ice Barrier, Blink, and some +sta food I managed to race in, find the vendor (I knew about where she was but not exactly), buy the pattern, and bug out -- with 99 HP to spare, and without having to use an offensive spell (it's an RP thing, my character doesn't hate the Horde). Go me :-)

TigerHunter
2007-12-27, 12:59 PM
The pattern is BoP, so no AH.

HOWEVER, someone on another board pointed out the solution to me -- the pattern isn't sold in every town, only Ogrimar and Ironforge. Yes, the Smokywood Pasture vendors, the same one that sells the cookie recipe.

So last night I ran into Ogrimar. Between timely use of my mount/riding crop, Invisibility, Ice Barrier, Blink, and some +sta food I managed to race in, find the vendor (I knew about where she was but not exactly), buy the pattern, and bug out -- with 99 HP to spare, and without having to use an offensive spell (it's an RP thing, my character doesn't hate the Horde). Go me :-)
Woot.
BoP? You sure? I saw a crapload of Pattern: Green Winter Clothes up on the Horde AH...
Eh. Off to Ironforge to buy me another tailoring pattern, then...

TigerHunter
2007-12-27, 01:42 PM
One Pattern: Red Winter Clothes; check.
I died once, but that was because I right-clicked on the guard instead of the vendor. :smalleek: Ah, to have been able to hear the panic on General chat when the Undead rode in...
And unfortunately for Auberdine, Menethil, and Dun Algaz, my character DOES hate the Alliance. :smallredface:

TheEmerged
2007-12-28, 03:50 PM
AAAAAAAAlmost done with the Primal Water farming for my Frozen Shadoweave Set. Unfortunately today was "Revenge" for the cooking daily, and I'm all out of Warp Burgers. So I had to farm that AND the wing --thankfully it took only 3 kills to get the wing this time. You can always tell when "Revenge" is the cooking daily because those birds just *vanish*.

That'll leave me with the shadoweave, about 20 pieces to go on that. 40 days, if I make it myself. Then it's time to start worrying about my Spellstrike set -- more the primal nethers and 10 primal mights than the 10 spellcloth (which I already have a few of).

I'm discovering that I should probably find an alternate spell damage shoulder piece. I don't have to fight frost-immune mobs *that* often (especially once I'm done with Primal Water farming). For the boots and chest it'll be easy, I'll just keep my Imbued Netherweave pieces.

Leggings are a debate right now. I got a decent pair in the bank, but I'll have to slot them to bring them up to being comparable to my Imbued Netherweave. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I lose my Imbued Netherweave bonus until I can get the Spellstrike set. The alternate pair will be much better (almost double) for spelldamage but I'll be losing a fair amount of crit (from losing the Imbued Netherweave bonus) and 10 mana/5 seconds of mana regen.

Also, while I have the spellstrike hood pattern I don't have the spellstrike pants pattern -- which drops from the end boss of the Shadow Labrynth, an instance I despise. I will probably end up having to pay someone to make the pants.

Swordguy
2007-12-28, 06:03 PM
Is the Fel Iron Chain (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/search.xml?searchQuery=fel%20iron%20chain&searchType=items) set worth it for a 61 BM hunter? I've gotten the gloves and coif from drops, and I'm looking for a set to wear for the next 4-5 levels while I work on better things.

Armory Link (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Feathermoon&n=Xindi) to my character, if needed for reference.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-28, 11:05 PM
:biggrin:

Yay, finally at 40! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: I has birdy. His eyes are on fire. :smallbiggrin:

ALSO! I got a dark whelpling. After FIVE baby dragon kills. It makes me happy about breaking probability. :smallcool:

Though now i have to wait at 40. :smallfrown:

:smallsigh: At least my girlfriend was nice enough to let me get to where I am.

TigerHunter
2007-12-29, 12:15 AM
:biggrin:

Yay, finally at 40! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: I has birdy. His eyes are on fire. :smallbiggrin:

ALSO! I got a dark whelpling. After FIVE baby dragon kills. It makes me happy about breaking probability. :smallcool:

Though now i have to wait at 40. :smallfrown:

:smallsigh: At least my girlfriend was nice enough to let me get to where I am.
Darn you! Darn you!
I am 6 bars away from 40 on my priest, with all the gold I need and the horsie already in my possession, I just need the riding skill. Le sigh.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-29, 12:50 AM
Darn you! Darn you!
I am 6 bars away from 40 on my priest, with all the gold I need and the horsie already in my possession, I just need the riding skill. Le sigh.

^^; Er.. may I recommend dustwallow marsh for levelling, then? It has baby dragons.

And Onyxia. Dear flame, I have to go issue her a freaking repair bill challenge. :smalleek:

Ego Slayer
2007-12-29, 01:05 AM
Ew ew ew... I never did train in Dustwallow. >.<

Darn you! Darn you!
Whoo, mount! :smallbiggrin:
I feel I should be saving up for my next mount now... ~11 levels away. :smallconfused:

A 1011 fire crit was mine today... mwaha! *dance*
Got my lazy butt out to the Hinterlands to get the Mallet of Zul'Farrak, and fighting my way to the alter I picked up two blues. Maybe I just got lucky today, but... I definitely think I'm going to take advantage of the Jintha'alor area while I can.

TheBoneSplitter
2007-12-29, 02:15 AM
Grinding anywhere on a certain day is bound to be only luck if you come across blues. :smalltongue:

Zherog
2007-12-29, 09:54 AM
And Onyxia. Dear flame, I have to go issue her a freaking repair bill challenge. :smalleek:

Easy quest, I did it with my 40 warlock the other day. You go to the cave that leads to the instance and plant the banner. One of Onyxia's lackeys talks some smack then attacks you. Because he's actually a punk, you'll very easily kick his ass. He won't be lootable, but make sure you re-loot the banner. Take the banner back to the ogre and you're done.

The quest to break Onyxia's eggs was actually harder.

TigerHunter
2007-12-29, 12:34 PM
I've done most of the Dustwallow quests that are near Theramore. I was kinda planning on doing most of the others once I had faster means of transport, though. :smalltongue: Oh well. Off to North Point!

Vaynor
2007-12-29, 08:12 PM
Is the Fel Iron Chain (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/search.xml?searchQuery=fel%20iron%20chain&searchType=items) set worth it for a 61 BM hunter? I've gotten the gloves and coif from drops, and I'm looking for a set to wear for the next 4-5 levels while I work on better things.

Armory Link (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Feathermoon&n=Xindi) to my character, if needed for reference.

Don't bother, it will be replaced within a level or two and it doesn't have enough crit, and has too much int to be worth getting a set of it.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-29, 09:56 PM
Ego's (Kathlin's, rather) observations for the day - Alliance owns Arathi Basin in the 49 bracket here. Won five games in a row... the fifth one I came in about halfway through, and we were 500 resources behind them, and we still won, albeit by about 30 points. :smallconfused: Swoot. I swear, their problem is that Horde has too many 43-46, where we generally had very few and were mostly 47+.

Secondly... Horde newbs are stupid! o.o' Was going to do RFC with my 17 Hunter, and the group I got was convinced that we could 4-man it. Not only that, but the Holy Paladin was tank, and a Druid was healer... except, he wasn't Resto. The other was a Shammy... The tank died not three mobs in, and we completely wiped a few after that because the healer wasn't paying attention... I yelled at them for not even being properly spec'd and not paying attention to what their roles were supposed to be... The one guy said something about me being too serious, and that it didn't matter what our specs were and I probably had a stick up my arse because they just wanted to have fun. And then the Paladin told me we didn't need a tank. WTF. :smalleek:

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-29, 11:27 PM
XD Kek at the horde noob observation. It is an unfortunate fact that a lot of horde noobs are just that- total and utter noobs, but eh, we just wanna have fun. :smalltongue:

That, and they gotta learn somehow, non? I was lucky, D&D's taught me a LOT about how to conduct a party well. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2007-12-29, 11:38 PM
I'm totally cool with educating them, and I'd hate it too if someone said to me "Do you guys have any idea what you're doing"... but... Jeeze! At least listen to me a little, pl0x kek nub... :smalltongue:

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-29, 11:45 PM
Yeah... Another unfortunate observation- Many hordies seem to have ADD or something similar.

-To be fair, though, I've found that players horde-side are generally nicer than allies. ...Then again, I come from Area 52, which is like, 80% horde, so maybe the allies are just bitter..

TigerHunter
2007-12-29, 11:54 PM
Yeah... Another unfortunate observation- Many hordies seem to have ADD or something similar.

-To be fair, though, I've found that players horde-side are generally nicer than allies. ...Then again, I come from Area 52, which is like, 80% horde, so maybe the allies are just bitter..
Eh, in my experience the experience is pretty equal on both sides, anyone who observes differently just managed to avoid most of the good or most of the bad on one of their toons.

Lemur
2007-12-30, 12:52 AM
Ego's (Kathlin's, rather) observations for the day - Alliance owns Arathi Basin in the 49 bracket here. Won five games in a row... the fifth one I came in about halfway through, and we were 500 resources behind them, and we still won, albeit by about 30 points. :smallconfused: Swoot. I swear, their problem is that Horde has too many 43-46, where we generally had very few and were mostly 47+.

Secondly... Horde newbs are stupid! o.o' Was going to do RFC with my 17 Hunter, and the group I got was convinced that we could 4-man it. Not only that, but the Holy Paladin was tank, and a Druid was healer... except, he wasn't Resto. The other was a Shammy... The tank died not three mobs in, and we completely wiped a few after that because the healer wasn't paying attention... I yelled at them for not even being properly spec'd and not paying attention to what their roles were supposed to be... The one guy said something about me being too serious, and that it didn't matter what our specs were and I probably had a stick up my arse because they just wanted to have fun. And then the Paladin told me we didn't need a tank. WTF. :smalleek:

To be fair, spec matters very little at such low levels, and most lowbie instances could probably done without even spending your talent points, so they actually have a point on that account. On the other hand, the greatest talent build in the world won't save you from a group full of noobs (what will save you from a group full of idiots is available to everyone at first level, fortunately. It just has a 60 minute cooldown). Getting groups like that is bound to happen every now and then, so better luck next time, I guess :P

Vaynor
2007-12-30, 06:31 AM
I'm totally cool with educating them, and I'd hate it too if someone said to me "Do you guys have any idea what you're doing"... but... Jeeze! At least listen to me a little, pl0x kek nub... :smalltongue:

I know! I don't mind noobs as long as they listen to me. When I'm tanking on my paladin, I asked the mage to not use ice nova on on the mobs, because to gain aggro I have to be being hit, and when frost nova is up that won't happen. Every pull he'd do it, and every pull I'd get mad at him for it. Then he starts getting pissed at me, saying "Don't tell me how to play my class! I know how to play mage!". This very well may be true, but he obviously didn't know how to tank paladin >.<. Apparently, if he doesn't frost nova, they'll attack him because he pulls threat with his, and I quote, "awesome dps" (currently seeing him at 15% on the charts, I beg to differ). Regardless of the fact that he wouldn't pull aggro if he didn't use frost nova, he continues to use it. So, I pulled the boss and bubble hearthed. He asked me why the hell I would do that, and I responded "What? Wipe the party? I thought your frost nova would save you!" and quit the party.

It differs from server to server. On my server (Eldre'Thalas) horde are just annoyingly mean (I.E. going to westfall and tricking people into flagging on their level 16 mage toons >.>. I went onto hordeside after being killed 3 times and told them to stop and pick on someone their own size and immediately he starts yelling at me 'you shouldn't have flagged it's your fault your low level, nub' and /ignored me.)

TigerHunter
2007-12-30, 11:45 AM
So, I pulled the boss and bubble hearthed.
Win.
Worst instance noob for me was a rogue. He wanted to BG at level 39 for a while, but was dangerously close to 40. We were about halfway through SM Cath when he came up with a brilliant idea. He would kill himself, and the four of us would do all the work, then he would rez and loot the boss. Since he was dead, he wouldn't get any XP from the mobs we killed.
Yeeeeah.
Me: Alright, if you're going to do that, pass me leader so I can mark.
You are now the group leader.
Noob has been removed from the group. :smallcool:

laszarus
2007-12-30, 02:01 PM
Tell me about it - I grouped with some guys on my 22 BE Mage alt to run RFC to finish the quests I had. It seemed I and the tank were the only ones in the group who had ever run an instance before. The group was terrible too - one pally, one lock, a shammy and a priest and me. The priest, shammy and warlock kept pulling while the pally was drinking - bad idea. Especially as the priest was only level 14. Not only that, but they kept falling off the bridges near The Hungerer into lava and asking for a rez when they'd never be able to get out. Made me feel competent.

Oh, and started a Human Priest. Already have over 7G at only level 11 - mining + skinning = profit.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-30, 02:18 PM
To be fair, spec matters very little at such low levels, and most lowbie instances could probably done without even spending your talent points, so they actually have a point on that account.
Though I could agree with that, I still don't think it's the best attitude to learn on, and certainly not one I would like to see on anyone as a higher level, when it does really matter. And these guys clearly had no clue what they were doing. :smallsigh:

@Vay, I pull crap away from the tank sometimes... but, I actually know what I'm doing. :smalltongue: When a friend of mine ran me though ZF when I was 42, I think... 70 Rogue, and fighting Gahz'rilla, I took aggo from him. :smalleek:

Also, I haven't really used macros, but... where can I get a total damage dealt macro, or some such? :smallconfused:

Oh, and I totally didn't know that BGs were connected with multiple servers. o.o' I couldn't figure out why there was more info on some peoples' names, last night. ><

TigerHunter
2007-12-30, 02:30 PM
Also, I haven't really used macros, but... where can I get a total damage dealt macro, or some such? :smallconfused:
You'd want an addon for that, not a macro. Check out the ones listed at Curse (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/search/?q=damage+meter&g=1). I personally don't use one, despite being such an addon monkey. (If anyone wants a list of useful addons, I'd be happy to compile one.)

Vaynor
2007-12-30, 04:49 PM
I like Recount the best (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/8840/) as it measures DPS more accurately, and has lots of other useful things too. (you can pull up pie charts on damage done)

Other useful addons include:

AtlasLoot (view loot from every dungeon, craftable item sets, and PVP rewards)
Coords (map coordinates)
RatingBuster (tells you how much crit and other stats Agi, Stam, gives you, etc. Also measures an uneqiped item with your currently equipped item and tells you if it's is better or worse in the stats you need)

Ego Slayer
2007-12-30, 07:40 PM
AtlasLoot (view loot from every dungeon, craftable item sets, and PVP rewards)
Coords (map coordinates)

I've got AtlasLoot... nice thing, it is. There's also just an "Atlas" which shows dungeon layout and loot... Just asked my brother and he said it was actually a separate mod. :smallconfused: I should get Coords. I've also got one that's called CT_Raid Mod... It's basically just another mod for action bars, so you could have all your action bars on the screen. My brother has another called Bongos, or something, but it's annoying and I don't use it. =P

TigerHunter
2007-12-30, 07:43 PM
Get MobMap (http://www.mobmap.de/). Shows you the location of any monster or NPC, what quest items they drop, what every merchant in the game sells, what loot bosses drop, etc. Most useful mod out there, in my opinion.

MCerberus
2007-12-30, 07:50 PM
The day I decided to get a card and play again my computer exploded. Yay.

@V No, but the forums are worth 50 cents a day for endless entertainment.

The Linker
2007-12-30, 08:36 PM
Please tell me it exploded before you got a chance to activate the card. :smalleek:

9bit
2007-12-30, 11:53 PM
Hey all..

gaero/42/human/preist/perenolde

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-12-31, 10:11 AM
Hey guys. I got a 70 feral druid on Khaz Modan. Tanked the warlock add for Maulgar last night and was the off tank for Gruul. However at about growth 8 or so, the tank got hit by a crushing blow and dropped. I finished the fight as the new tank at about growth 12 or so.

Leon
2007-12-31, 10:45 AM
I feel for you on the PC front, my graphics went down and havent come back even with new cards about a month ago now - been scraping along on borrowroed PCs (im on Hols and my Cousin works all day)

Finally got my mage kara keyed, so here is hoping for a Run before i go back to work or get seperated from the borowed PC due to being evicted

Ego Slayer
2007-12-31, 12:04 PM
ObadiahtheSlim, holy crap I haven't seen you around for ages! Hey! :smalltongue:

I most definitely did not take my brother's 60 Sham into Goldshire last night, and I most definitely did not kill the marked newbs. Nuh-uh, no-sir-y... :smallbiggrin:

MCerberus
2007-12-31, 12:18 PM
Well about the "ignoring your role thing", I main healed all of SM for a Holy Palatank. Of course we had been through several times before trying to get certain pieces of loot. I then ran into him again in RFD, Mara, ST, and then once in Outlands. But by then he was all convinced that as holy he should tank and I should DPS.

So noob stories... well there's the one I posted earlier about the hunter with the strength sword...

Oh here's an oldie. Due to some drama caused by the famous Octavian/Recruiter (and I know someone here curses him) the guild I was in split up while I was out for a while. I was still in the original when I came back and they lied to me about what Recruiter said so I stayed in the first guild. At this point I'd like to point out it was a new server and both guilds weren't all at 60 yet (The Venture Co). When the split guild (OotA) began to run ZG, the old one decided they should too. Unfortunately they didn't have enough 60s so I went along at level 57. I topped the damage charts.

Later when the guild decided to do MC, I was hunter lead. The first run they decided to skip Magmadar because they only had 1 person with the "Tranq Shot" ability required for him. We spent 2 hours wiping on Garr. The next week I told them that 1. we could have done it and 2. to give the next tranq shot to the person with the most +hit. They gave it to me, and I was about 4 to hit behind the person I was yelling to get the book to. After the melee was feared (and some of the ranged) into the fire on the next boss fight and we wiped, I decided I had enough. I hearthed out and went over to the other guild. By that time they were in BWL and needed more hunters.

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-12-31, 01:09 PM
ObadiahtheSlim, holy crap I haven't seen you around for ages! Hey! :smalltongue:

I most definitely did not take my brother's 60 Sham into Goldshire last night, and I most definitely did not kill the marked newbs. Nuh-uh, no-sir-y... :smallbiggrin:

Yep. I never slaughtered the helpless lowbies in duskwood while farming ghost mushrooms. No sir.

TheEmerged
2007-12-31, 02:57 PM
RE: Dustwallow. Ego, you may not have heard but Dustwallow is MUCH improved now, especially for Alliance (the extra flightpoint alone for alliance = huge). You can pretty much spend 38-42 questing there now, and experience the so-called "Hellfire Effect" in that a lot of your gear will be replaced here.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-31, 03:11 PM
Hey. :smallconfused:
Know what's silly?

My FPS has gone up since I totally and utterly revamped my UI.
Though I think running WMP in the background might have helped, too.

Clicky for pishures. ^^; (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/fiery25123/WoWScrnShot_123107_150815.jpg)

Any tips or ideas? My FPS has been good, but my ping has rarely, if ever, been under 100. Before adons, might I add.

TigerHunter
2007-12-31, 05:30 PM
Hey. :smallconfused:
Know what's silly?

My FPS has gone up since I totally and utterly revamped my UI.
Though I think running WMP in the background might have helped, too.

Clicky for pishures. ^^; (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/fiery25123/WoWScrnShot_123107_150815.jpg)

Any tips or ideas? My FPS has been good, but my ping has rarely, if ever, been under 100. Before addons, might I add.
People... are... using correct grammar in that screenshot...

*transfers to your server*

Anyways, I'm not much for revamping the entire UI (tried it a few times, never got into it much), but I see you have cryolysis, which is probably the best Mage addon out there.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-31, 06:39 PM
OH, the grammar thing? I found an addon called Eloquence. (http://downloads.curse.com/details/1990/) Good for RPing, or just making people seem to talk with grammar. :smallbiggrin:

Thought I'd share.

edit: But OK then. Anyone have any suggestions on how to lower latency? :smallconfused:

TigerHunter
2007-12-31, 07:23 PM
OH, the grammar thing? I found an addon called Eloquence. (http://downloads.curse.com/details/1990/) Good for RPing, or just making people seem to talk with grammar. :smallbiggrin:

Thought I'd share.

edit: But OK then. Anyone have any suggestions on how to lower latency? :smallconfused:
Ooh... shiny. Thank you!
Latency? Hrm... Google Web Accelerator (http://webaccelerator.google.com/) supposedly improves your connection speed. I don't use it myself, but it can't hurt to try.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-31, 07:37 PM
Ooh... shiny. Thank you!
Latency? Hrm... Google Web Accelerator (http://webaccelerator.google.com/) supposedly improves your connection speed. I don't use it myself, but it can't hurt to try.

Ooh.. Thank you. I'll try that.

...Eh?
2007-12-31, 08:14 PM
So...got back from Delaware, and it's shopping tax free-ness, with BC. So about an hour ago, popped in all four discs, upgraded my account, and started up WoW...

and got a new patch that'll finish downloading sometime in 2008.

Argh.

Mattarias, King.
2007-12-31, 08:17 PM
Yeah... BC does that. Blizz really needs to have the new patches prepackaged with BC. At least the bigger ones.

TigerHunter
2007-12-31, 08:33 PM
Yeah... BC does that. Blizz really needs to have the new patches prepackaged with BC. At least the bigger ones.
Try downloading the game from the website, like I did. Took days, and when I first did it, they hadn't bundled all the patches together. So instead of one majorly long download, it was several smaller ones that took long enough that I usually wasn't by the computer when they finished, which increased the time it took exponentially. If I hadn't played and gotten addicted at a friend's house already, I probably would have given up.

Vaynor
2008-01-01, 03:58 PM
Best Shattered Halls run ever (70 instance). My paladin friend just switched to prot so we were giving him some experience and doing ramparts (60 instance). Our group was a 70 dps warrior, BM hunter, prot paladin (me), and prot paladin (friend). He has really good reputation and lots of badges so he has a pretty decent half set of tanking gear, the rest is his ret gear. I have a full set of fairly good healing gear so I was healing as prot (+701 healing). After finishing ramps the hunter wanted to get like 12 more rep with Honor Hold so we went into Shattered Halls to kill the first few mobs and then leave, and ended up 4 manning it with a tankadin healing, a tankadin tanking in ret gear, and only 2 dps and only 1 CC. No wipes. Good thing is the tanking trinket also dropped off of the last boss (which he sorely needed). It was amazing. :)

Ego Slayer
2008-01-01, 04:31 PM
Okay, so it going to the Old Ironforge Airport or to the top of Ironforge actually illegal if you're caught? There's a ton of youtubed stuff on getting there, but... I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed (is one really gaining anything from doing it? Not really...). :smallconfused:

Vaynor
2008-01-01, 04:38 PM
Okay, so it going to the Old Ironforge Airport or to the top of Ironforge actually illegal if you're caught? There's a ton of youtubed stuff on getting there, but... I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed (is one really gaining anything from doing it? Not really...). :smallconfused:

From what I know, going on top of Ironforge, on top of stormwind, and under stormwind is exploitation of the game. You can get a temporary ban for talking about it or advertising to get people in there. As long as no one reports you you should be fine.

There's a really cool spot you can get to under SW. You know that portal looking thing between the trade district and old town? You can get behind there and people on the other side can see you.

If anyone wants me to show them send me a pst and I'll make a toon on your realm if you want.

TheEmerged
2008-01-01, 07:01 PM

Can't say from experience, but I've heard people claim they've gotten 3-day suspensions from getting into Hyjal, the airport, and a couple other places.

================================================== ===

RE: Shattered Halls. I haven't quite gotten to the point here that I have with Steamvaults (which I've run so often to try and get that fortitude enchant that the thought of running again makes my eyes bleed), which is a good thing since I still need about 7 runs to get to Exalted and two items I want badly (spellsword and Subtelty enchant). I'm hoping to get in some heroic runs (including Ramparts or Blood Furnace) to reduce that number somewhat...

I can definitely see where it got the reputation of requiring a particular party makeup. You don't *quite* need a lockpicking rogue but that slime tunnel is a pain. The tunnel up to the first boss is significantly easier with lots of CC, and the "guantlet" sequence is *so* much easier with a good pally tank and lots of AE. And yes, the easiest runs I've had in it went tankadin/healer/rogue/mage/mage.

=================================================

Add Ogri'la to the list of factions I'm max-Exalted with. Unfortunately I've had no more luck trying to get 3 more Apexis Crystals. I've got 3 full stacks of Apexis Shards banked right now, and that's with using them to buy healing potions. The money is still good though so I'm definitely going to keep running these dailies, at least until the Sunwell dailies start up (which there will apparently be a LOT of, given that the daily limitation is going up to 25).

Ego Slayer
2008-01-01, 07:41 PM
Can't say from experience, but I've heard people claim they've gotten 3-day suspensions from getting into Hyjal, the airport, and a couple other places.
Ahh, okay... I went out to the airport and wasn't sure about suspensions so I just was sure not to stand out in the open, since there's a FP right over it. >.< I figured it didn't matter if I ran into someone out there... we'd probably both be all "omg don't report me!" :smalltongue:

@Vay, someone from my brother's guild took him to an area of the map (Eastern Kingdoms) that isn't actually an zone. It's one of those few zones that have boarders but they're empty. There was a small part of the mountains on the way to the airport, that just had a base texture of some sort.. I admit, it's kinda of unnerving for some reason. Anyway, she also took him under SW, where somehow they ended up in the Cath Squ. basement, and Hearth'd. =P

TigerHunter
2008-01-01, 07:49 PM
Hyjal is now a no-man's land, and you'll be teleported out if you even try to get in.
But show me these videos... I must see these places for myself. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: looking up the airport at WoWwiki...

At one point in the past, players caught in the area screwing with the mobs were insta-killed by GMs, although this practice seems to have stopped.
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Vaynor
2008-01-01, 08:42 PM

================================================== ===

RE: Shattered Halls. I haven't quite gotten to the point here that I have with Steamvaults (which I've run so often to try and get that fortitude enchant that the thought of running again makes my eyes bleed), which is a good thing since I still need about 7 runs to get to Exalted and two items I want badly (spellsword and Subtelty enchant). I'm hoping to get in some heroic runs (including Ramparts or Blood Furnace) to reduce that number somewhat...

I can definitely see where it got the reputation of requiring a particular party makeup. You don't *quite* need a lockpicking rogue but that slime tunnel is a pain. The tunnel up to the first boss is significantly easier with lots of CC, and the "guantlet" sequence is *so* much easier with a good pally tank and lots of AE. And yes, the easiest runs I've had in it went tankadin/healer/rogue/mage/mage.

Luckily our hunter was an engineer and had elemental seaforium on him.