PDA

View Full Version : guns rules actual items and costs

techpriest35
2023-07-11, 02:49 AM
i am running a campaign that has 1800s tech and i am looking for interesting guns and rules
and requirements
i know the dmg has some guns
i have heard stormwrack,and dragon mag #321 have some cool guns
i do not have iron kingdoms stuff so i can't use there gun rules
i do not have dragonmech(although that sounds awesome and need to find this)
i have heard that forgotten realms has guns but no particular book
i have heard that faerun has smokepowder instead of gunpowder but no book listed for where in faerun to find the rules.

any one have any other books with guns and gun rules
maybe sorcery & steam will have guns or maybe steam & spellcraft as those are both steampunk type books but i havent checked mostly just checked google which lead me to several gitpg threads

DO NOT WANT DISCUSSION ABOUT GUNS AND ARMOR IRL

EDIT
mostly looking for a few different pistols and a couple rifles maybe a shotgun they used crappy shotguns in the american civil war
also some cool bombs and other gunpowder devices would be useful
NO HOMEBREW

eBarbarossa
2023-07-11, 04:32 AM
The World of Warcraft rpg is 3.5 and has lots of stuff for firearms. Gun rules, bombs, feats, prestige classes, a ranger with gun variant.

techpriest35
2023-07-11, 07:16 AM
i do not have world of warcraft as a table top rpg i am not that interested.
hmm just thought of something maybe d20 modern will have cool gun stats and rules
i have a lot of pdfs but most are in standard faerrun ebberon kingdom's of kalimar oriental adventures legend of the 5 rings (not a d20 system) i have a few dragonlance but not as many as i would like. i also have several settings outside of fantasy. i have a ttrpg for avatar the last air bender,marvel,dc comics,star wars,cyberpunk,and doctor who. i have 1 adventure for the wheel of time setting when robert jordan and wizards of the coast teamed up.

Draconi Redfir
2023-07-11, 07:25 AM
Pathfinder's got some firearm rules (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/), haven't used them too much myself to be fair.

From the two instances i've used them, the DM changed it so the firearms target AC instead of touch AC, and one of them cut the price down a bit because they were more common in that world.

Not sure what edition you're playing in, but Pathfinder is pretty 3.5 compatible.

Tiktakkat
2023-07-11, 09:34 AM
D20 Past has a number of options, though it does not have standard costs as it uses the D20 Modern Purchase DC system.

ShurikVch
2023-07-11, 03:33 PM
Dragon Annual #6 (2001) has rules for Kolter Firearms (including prices in gp): from Clockwork FP (Pistol) - to Titan GG (Swivel Gun)

Pinkie Pyro
2023-07-12, 07:30 AM
Pathfinder's got some firearm rules (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/)

From the two instances i've used them, the DM changed it so the firearms target AC instead of touch AC, and one of them cut the price down a bit because they were more common in that world.

I'll second this, pathfinder's gun system works.

Although I would not recommend removing the 'touch AC at one range increment' that draconi mentiond, as that's a rather large part of what makes guns not crossbows. reducing cost makes sense per setting.

ShurikVch
2023-07-12, 08:45 AM
FWIW, Call of Cthulhu d20 has some guns from the XIX (they are priced in $):

Browning Auto-5 Shotgun (1900)
Colt M1877 "Lightning" Revolver (1877)
Colt M1877 "Thunderer" Revolver (1877)
Colt Single Action Army Revolver (1873)
Lee-Enfield Mark I Rifle (1896)
Mannlicher-Carcano M1891 Carbine (1891)
Mauser M1896 "Broomhandle" (1896)
Mauser M1898 Rifle (1898)
Mosin-Nagant M1891 Rifle (1891)
Remington Double Derringer (1866)
Webley Mark I Revolver (1887)
Winchester M1894 Sporting Rifle (1894)
Winchester M1897 (1897)
Winchester M1897 Riot Shotgun (1897)
(Note the Derringer: it was designed almost in the Civil War time)

Crake
2023-07-12, 06:55 PM
While d20 modern’s d20 past does indeed have a wide array of historical weapons to choose from, I would actually go with pathfinder’s firearm rules, simply because the d20 modern firearms are statted around their massive damage rule, where you save vs dropping to -1 any time you take damage over your constitution score.

That being said, if you want to run a fully d20 past game, d20 modern does have urban arcana, which adds spellcasters to the system, though theyre all capped at 6th level spells. That could be a positive in some peoples minds, up to you.

techpriest35
2023-08-22, 06:22 AM
thanks every one for your responses. this will give me a bit of stuff to look up and see if i can find some good gun rules that i like