PDA

View Full Version : Empowering (more) a abjurant champion

Clause
2023-07-14, 10:36 AM
Hello, people! Im new here and this is my first thread. Please excuse me about english errors( this is not my natural language) and errors on thread norms, if there some.

So, im reading ,again, the abjurant champion prestige class and her martial arcanist feature give me an idea:" if i play a Azurin, duskblade13/ warlock(or dragon shaman)4/shou disciple2 and take feats like (double)draconic aura, (improved) bind vestige, shape soulmeld, truespeaker, and things who give me spelllike abilities with predeterminated CL, can i use MARTIAL ARCANIST to use this powers with CL 19??? And about breath weapons/ eldritch blast, will the Cl apply according convertion rules about caster level for this features???"

Martial Arcanist (Ex): At 5th level, you master the art of combining your militant and mystical training. From this point on, your caster level in a chosen arcane spellcasting class is equal to your base attack bonus (unless it would otherwise be higher). For example, a 7th-level fighter/1st-level wizard/5th-level abjurant champion has a base attack bonus of +12 (and thus a caster level of 12th). You can apply this benefit to only one arcane class to which you have added spellcasting levels by your advancement as an abjurant champion.

Inevitability
2023-07-14, 10:44 AM
The ability says 'chosen arcane spellcasting class'. Abilities from feats do not come from an arcane spellcasting class, so you cannot increase their CL with abjurant champion.

If you have two arcane spellcasting classes before entering Abjurant Champion, you could advance one with the spellcasting feature and choose another for Martial Arcanist. For example, a duskblade 14 / wizard 1 / abjurant champion 5 could have 19th-level duskblade casting (with a CL of 14+5=19) and 1st-level wizard casting (with a CL of 19 for BAB). But that would only affect caster level, not spells known or spells per day, which limits its uses.

Clause
2023-07-14, 10:53 AM
Yess! Thank you for your answer. But what icsee is that the martial arcanist feature dont sayng that you need choose the same spellcasting class that you advances with the abjurant champion levels. So can i use this feature to increase the eldritch blast/breath weapon damage, as the rule for their improvements??
Will i have CL 19 for duskblade spells AND for eldrch blast?

rules:

Spell-like abilities have caster levels, and therefore things that require a particular caster level can be met with a spell-like ability that has sufficient caster level. Warlock invocations are specifically arcane, which means they can also meet requirements for arcane caster level.

Having spell-like abilities is not the same as knowing how to cast spells; no number of spell-like abilities allows one to qualify as being “able to cast spells” of any level, even if one knows spell-like abilities that emulate spells of a higher level.

Spell-like abilities that mimic particular spells, on the other hand, do count as those spells for the purposes of requirements.

Complete Arcane Page 18 and 71 describes how a warlock benefits from a spellcasting prestige class.

redking
2023-07-14, 01:26 PM
Yess! Thank you for your answer. But what icsee is that the martial arcanist feature dont sayng that you need choose the same spellcasting class that you advances with the abjurant champion levels. So can i use this feature to increase the eldritch blast/breath weapon damage, as the rule for their improvements??
Will i have CL 19 for duskblade spells AND for eldrch blast?

No.

1: Martial Arcanist can apply to one spellcasting class.
2: Eldritch blast damage is based on warlock level not caster level. Very important that you make this distinction.
3: Warlock is an invoking class not a spellcasting class.

Clause
2023-07-14, 01:40 PM
Okay, thanks everyone for this clarifications. I realy gratefull for yours disponibility and help in this question.
Now, the warlock/duskblade is again a impossible dream lol.

redking
2023-07-14, 02:14 PM
Okay, thanks everyone for this clarifications. I realy gratefull for yours disponibility and help in this question.

You could go warlock, binder (binding Naberius for healing of ability damage) and hellfire warlock if you want to enhance eldritch blast damage.

Akal Saris
2023-07-14, 02:55 PM

Well, you could always ask your DM to make a house rule to allow it. I don't think it would break the game...

Clause
2023-07-14, 09:06 PM
The original idea was to being a glaivelock who can add a spell on the blast and use like a lightsaber.

And our group play the mutch RAW we can, so its like no houserules here

Darg
2023-07-14, 09:08 PM
2: Eldritch blast damage is based on warlock level not caster level. Very important that you make this distinction.

This isn't true for the purpose of multiclassing with PRCs.

Levels of prestige classes that provide +1 level of spellcasting effectively stack with the warlock’s level to determine his eldritch blast damage (treat his combined caster level as his warlock class level when looking at Table 1–1: The Warlock to determine eldritch blast damage) and his eldritch blast caster level (half his total caster level from his warlock levels and his levels in the prestige class that grant him an increased spellcasting level).

It's using caster levels to determine what level to treat the warlock as to determine EB damage. This has very interesting interactions with a class like greenstar adept.

The original idea was to being a glaivelock who can add a spell on the blast and use like a lightsaber.

And our group play the mutch RAW we can, so its like no houserules here

You could use eldritch theurge 3rd to grab the Spellblast essence to add AoE spells to your eldritch glaive, and it progresses both classes.

Clause
2023-07-14, 10:09 PM
Ohh, i'd liked this. ET, is a good option.
I will read again and see what i can do