PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Chess: Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery Vs the Deceiver

Megalomaniac2
2007-12-06, 10:46 PM
From the grim darkness of the far future which is Warhammer 40 000, we have a fantastic match-up here between two godlike manipulative geniuses whose intellects and ruthlessness make Lord Shojo look like a drooling idiot.

For the Deceiver and his fellow C'tan to become truly unstoppable and go on an unopposed feeding frenzy, they must complete their Great Ward and separate the material universe from the Warp, effectively destroying the psychic energy which is their one potential weakness. This just happens to be where Tzeentch, God of Ambition and his various Demonic pals dwell, so that just isn't going to fly with the forces of Chaos.

The Deceiver has been running epic cons since waaaay back. In his natural form he's an entity which feeds on the energy of suns... and finds it bland. He's currently tooling around in a sweet metal body which he can pull a T-1000 with to impersonate pretty much anyone. The Necrons, one of the most dangerous armies in the Warhammer universe, are at his beck and call. Oh, and he rolls with the Nightbringer, a C'tan of such insatiable hunger its image became imprinted on the collective psyches of many sentient races as the Angel of Death. That's right, the Deceiver is pals with the Grim Reaper.

Tzeentch is the sentient personification of all the nasty backstabbing ambitious thought which ever entered the mind of an intelligent being. Basically, if Nale lived in Warhammer's universe, he would be a hardcore Tzeentch groupie. This is a creature whose motto is 'you are the puppet that dances to my tune'. He's got an insane army at his command consisting of too many demons to describe, mutant Space Marines, and crazy sorcerous bird-things called the Lords of Change, and if that's not enough, chances are good he can con his fellow Chaos Gods into chipping in with their respective unholy hordes, since, according to official sources, he is the most influential of all the Chaos Gods.

Currently two cannot come to physical blows, since they dwell on different planes of existence. It'll be all minds and minions, with the assorted maniacs, tyrants, and goons of the other Warhammer factions caught in the middle/unwittingly serving the designs of one or both puppetmasters. At stake- the entire cosmos.

Personally, I lean just a bit towards the Deceiver. He's older than Tzeentch, and, y'know. Grim Reaper.

What do you think?

Dhavaer
2007-12-07, 03:44 AM
If the Deceiver can get the Void Dragon (the guy who took a shot from a Wave Motion Gun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaveMotionGun) designed specifically to destroy his species and was only wounded) awake again, I'm betting on the C'Tan. Otherwise, it's about even.

Megalomaniac2
2007-12-07, 05:23 PM
If the Deceiver can get the Void Dragon (the guy who took a shot from a Wave Motion Gun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaveMotionGun) designed specifically to destroy his species and was only wounded) awake again, I'm betting on the C'Tan. Otherwise, it's about even.

True, the Void Dragon pretty much= instant win. But considering that right now, it looks like he's sleeping right next door to Holy Terra... that wouldn't be my plan A if I was in the C'tan's shoes.

Rogue 7
2007-12-08, 07:05 PM
Tzeentch has a big advantage in that he's warp-spawn, and the warp is complete anathema to the C'Tan. Therefore, I'd say that the advantage goes to the Lord of Change.