PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Domain Expansion: Spacetime Paradox

yisopo
2023-07-17, 05:02 AM
I like Jujutsu Kaisen anime and for my chronurgist wizard I would like to create a new spell that works like the domain expansion from the anime.

I would like to know your feedback.

Domain Expansion: Spacetime Paradox
5th level
Casting time: 1 action
Range: self (15-foot radius)
Components: V, S
Duration: concentration, up to 1 minute

You create a demiplane centred on yourself. To the outside world this is a 15-foot radius area that looks like a greyish black smoke. Every creature in the radius when this spell is first cast must make a Charisma Saving Throw with disadvantage. On a successful save (you can choose who can automatically pass this test), the creature is pushed just outside of the domain in an unoccupied space chosen by you. On a failed save the creature enters the domain: you choose where is placed. You are inside the domain, you choose where you are when the spell is cast, and if you leave the domain the spell ends immediately. A creature from the outside can enter. A creature inside the domain may try to escape: at the end of each of its turn may make another Charisma Saving Throw: on a successful save, the creature escape and it will appears just outside of the domain in an unoccupied space chosen by you.

Inside the domain is unlimited, but every creature must be within 50 feet of each others. The inside looks like the picture "Relativity" of Escher. In general, the spacetime behaves paradoxically; mechanically for all the other creatures (but not for you):

- All the domain is difficult terrain for every type of movement.
- Each creature has just one single attack per turn, and they can't use reaction or bonus action.
- Each creature attacks with disadvantage and the Saving Throws for resisting their effects have advantage.

As long as you are inside the domain, you can use your bonus action to attack a single creature with advantage. If you hit, the creature suffers 4d10 force damage and ages 1 year.

The spell end also if there are no hostile creatures in the domain. When you fail a concentration check, the spell doesn't end: each time you fail it an hostile creature of your choice leaves the domain.