PDA

View Full Version : Ring of the Darkhidden Shenanigans

carrdrivesyou
2023-07-17, 10:23 AM
So if I'm right about this, while wearing the ring, I am invisible if the person looking for at has to use darkvision to see me.

What then happens, if that person also has See Invisibility or equivalent effect going? Can they see me then?

Paragon
2023-07-17, 10:59 AM
Using See Invisibility should be able to see you because it states : "You can see any objects or beings that are invisible within your range of vision" and implies there are different ways of being invisible : "The spell does not reveal the method used to obtain invisibility" meaning being "invisible" isn't only obtainable through the invisibility spells.

For instance, a Warlock with See the Unseen should be able to see you as a translucent shape in that case and normally when you're in plain day

Fero
2023-07-19, 09:21 AM
Deeper Darkness + heightened Ghost Lantern + Rings of Darkhidden = profit

sleepyphoenixx
2023-07-19, 10:08 AM
Deeper Darkness + heightened Ghost Lantern + Rings of Darkhidden = profit

Instead of wasting a spell on Deeper Darkness just get a Darklight (SoS). 500gp and 1pp per day for at-will, free-action light control in an 80ft radius.
You can also charge it for 7 days in advance so a wizard can recharge it with Mental Pinnacle easily enough if your group doesn't have a psionics user.

The combo is good enough to spring for Wild Talent if your group doesn't have anyone who can charge it.