PDA

View Full Version : [SW5E OOC] Star Wars 5E: Eye of the Storm

truemane
2023-07-19, 09:50 PM
(Original Recruitment Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657067-Star-Wars-5e-Anyone-(DM-Found!)))

Hey everyone! Welcome to the game! I'm really excited to take this ruleset for a walk and see how it operates under field conditions.

We're all new to this system so I expect a lot of missteps and omissions and mistakes. We'll be granting each other a lot of grace and patience and not taking any of it too seriously.

The first thing you'll notice is that there's six of you. That's a lot of PC's. I think we'll be okay, but it does mean two things:
It'll be hard to give everyone a lot of spotlight moments. So if it's been a while since you've gotten to do so, or say something cool and fun, let me know. I'll work something in for you.
I'll probably have to get in the habit of updating twice a week or so regardless of who's posted or not, and kind of working it out as we go.

As far as character sheets go, I don't have strong preferences. Plain text is fine. Or if you want to co-opt a 5E sheet on Myth Weavers, or the SW5E Form Fillable Sheet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mCKw43pbeATDFWraKAOmSgyI8vcUCtK/view), that's fine too.

Let's get sheets done first. Anyone can ask any questions they may have, or form background links.

I'll get some setting information up in the next day or two. As I mentioned in my pitch, my plan is to keep the game fairly 'local' - within a single sector with maybe a half dozen planets.

Sound good?

Let's get started!

Bobthewizard - Miko the Chiss Consular, Force Using Urchin and Gambler
Dr.Gunsforhands - Ziro the Hutt Demolitionist, Wayward Hutt Kid Out to Make a Name
Infernally Clay - Zax the Human (?) Sentinel, Almost a Jedi Looking to Help Others
Dusk Raven - Gil the Human ?, Former Stormtrooper with Amnesia
Stone-Ears - Auger the Devaronian Mechanist, Ace Pilot Suporting a Family
RussN - Orana the Human/Togruta/Twi'leck Scholar, Secret Agent Looking for Trouble

Infernally Clay
2023-07-20, 01:57 AM
Okay so Zarras Kax, or just Kax for short, is a Jedi in all but name and she is very good at finding things. Especially things that don't want to be found, which is why Taim will have decided to work with her. Given the urgency of Kax's personal mission, she won't have been working for Taim for very long and I'd like to think she is hiding her true nature from practically everyone because she does not know who to trust yet. She'll know quite quickly though because she's very insightful.

While Kax has herself only brushed up against Inquisitors once, it was an understandably terrifying experience and she isn't sure if this whole thing with Taim isn't just some trap to lure in Jedi. It wouldn't exactly be the first time someone has used the Jedi's desire to help and protect others against them. So if she's going to use the Force at all, it'll be in secret and subtle ways, and she'll be under the effect of Force Concealment so even Force Sight shouldn't reveal anything.

Anyway before I deep dive into the sheet I have a couple questions...

If I buy a Doublesaber and two Shoto sabers, can I treat them as the same weapon? As in the two smaller lightsabers combine into the larger double saber? Shoto sabers are easier to hide and one of my favourite moments in Star Wars Rebels is when Kanan walks towards danger, calmly assembles his lightsaber from two pieces, and Kallus yells "Focus your fire on... the Jedi!" *cue dramatic music* so I kinda want to bring that energy to it. Kax doesn't want people to know she's carrying lightsabers around, after all.

Also, the rules for Force Concealment say if you've been casting it on the same target every day for a month it becomes permanent until dispelled so is it okay if I say she already fulfilled these conditions before the game began (just for simplicity's sake)?

RossN
2023-07-20, 04:10 AM
Kax sounds fun!:smallsmile:

Hello all! Looking forward to this even though my experience with SW5E is very minimal.

I've been thinking a lot about Orana. Her basic backstory and personality is staying the same but I've been considering slightly different builds. For one thing I've been musing over making her a Togruta or Twi'lek instead of a human since I found some art I loved:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/c1641710-9fd8-45cb-b77c-8de3944564bc/d6a5j9x-eb7dac45-075b-4c29-895f-717ad09ddec8.jpg/v1/fit/w_600,h_848,q_70,strp/princess_leia_twi_lek_disguise_by_nightwing1975_by _aliens_of_star_wars_d6a5j9x-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9. eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZD QxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgy MjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaW dodCI6Ijw9ODQ4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzE2NDE3MTAtOWZk OC00NWNiLWI3N2MtOGRlMzk0NDU2NGJjXC9kNmE1ajl4LWViN2 RhYzQ1LTA3NWItNGMyOS04OTVmLTcxN2FkMDlkZGVjOC5qcGci LCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aW NlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.l_ivBTqIuhKwiIOv1Ozr Dz6OCgOkr9MTZ8eT2C-fj8Q

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/42/52/3242526c67011e161b11f7163f2d6699.jpg

I've also been toying with the idea of making her Operative rather a Scholar - really either class could fit.

One thing I'm conscious of is that we seem to have a few Jedi types so I guess I'd like to ask more experienced how viable is a 'mundane', especially one slanted more towards mental attributes?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-07-20, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure which class Ziro should be, either! Scholar is probably the best fit for the archetype of a criminal mastermind she admires, but I also imagine she has a natural inclination for hunting things down like a Scout. I might just make both versions and see which looks best?

Edit: Between those, I think Scholar looks more fun for what Ziro is trying to do. She'd probably work better as a Fighter than a Scout. I might look at operative and see if there's an interesting spin she can put on that, too... see how I got so indecisive?

1. Ziro is an up-and-coming hutt who was trained up as a hacker and bounty hunter alongside a number of former slaves that their crime family "recruited" over the years. Mama Bonono is famous for "taking care" of people, in whichever sense of the phrase applies at a given moment - her employees want for nothing, her friends get great Life Day gifts, and her enemies don't tend to exist for very long. Ziro looks up to their parent, and ten years ago they set out to make a name for themself, as is tradition. Their big shipjacking operation was foiled halfway through, but in the end, Ziro technically succeeded: their name is now on an official list of "the worst and most dangerous political prisoners from across the Empire."

2. It's a pretty simple arrangement, really. As long as we work together, word'll spread among the hutts that my kajidic already has our hooks into you. Then, they'll either back off or try to go through Mama Bonono the Hutt instead. Simplifies things for you a bit, and I certainly don't mind the business you throw my way.

3. Ephraim loves dance. He thinks the modern slave trade is stupid because it relies on insanely framing dance as a chore that most people are too good for rather than the rewarding activity and art form it deserves to be.

4. It's pretty obvious that I'm setting up a conflict in Ziro's loyalties here. When the Hutts ultimately make their move, the team will probably have to fight them, and Ziro will need to either take over the local cartel and maintain the underworld's delicate balance herself, or else renounce her family name as we run the whole thing out of town. (Technically there is a third option, but if the plot somehow has us wanting to overthrow Taim, Ziro's baggage is the least of our worries.)

5. Ziro's a she/they, Dr. Guns is a they/them.

Infernally Clay
2023-07-20, 05:41 PM
I went with a Jedi Sentinel because I inserted a little detail that her Jedi Master (who I should get around to naming at some point I s'pose) gave her the yellow doublesaber of a Jedi Temple Guard and that's what she's been using. It was probably his own.

Dusk Raven
2023-07-20, 09:34 PM
A few days ago, it occurred to me that I had a Jedi Sentinel concept that I really liked that I haven't gotten to play, but that would work for this. Of course she has the problem of her backstory being rather long, and it fits a mid-level character more than a low-level. In the end, I decided that what I'd submitted was perfectly fine. I'll leave being a Jedi to others, and just be a Badass Normal.

Of course, I still need to decide on class. My choices are either Fighter or Scout. That choice will mostly depend on how much Techcasting we have. If we have an Engineer or another Scout already, I'll play Fighter, and just be a soldier doing soldier things.

One thing I'm conscious of is that we seem to have a few Jedi types so I guess I'd like to ask more experienced how viable is a 'mundane', especially one slanted more towards mental attributes?

My experience is limited, but I'm pretty sure every class, even the non-casters, get cool stuff they can do. Every Fighter gets maneuevers a la Battle Master, and while I'm less experienced with Operatives, I'm reasonably sure that they have their niche that they do well.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-07-21, 05:29 PM
Okay, I figured out the gimmick I was missing: Ziro was never a petty criminal. Her beloved parent is a crime boss, a fixer, a negotiator who hires other people to take care of the little stuff. When Ziro gets directly involved in something, she wants a big score, like with the failed shipjacking that put her on the map. She still needs to be patient and investigate and set traps, it's not like she's outrunning anyone, but when she finally makes her move, the time for stealth is already over. She's loud. She's flashy.

Her tool specialty should be explosives!

I managed to shake out two build versions, now that I've looked over the way weapons work in this game. It seems that a good weapon-user needs to invest in both strength and dexterity, which Ziro... isn't doing. :smalltongue:

The original Scholar version (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2816101) is good at bonking and stunning people, and is trained in medicine for that purpose and nothing else, which is funny. She also has the tools to disintegrate bodies and hide when the guards come running, but she can't actually hear them coming, so who knows how useful that would actually be. She originally had 20 constitution to max out her stun save DC, but I wound up moving those points to intelligence so she could hit with the attack in the first place.

That said, barring some feedback to the contrary, I'm actually going to be playing the Fighter version (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2816505) because I think it will probably be more fun! She can wear heavy armor with the excuse of it looking like welding gear, fight with her big stereotypical mechanic's hammer, and throw grenades with her tail. She has the tools to run a chop shop for big-ticket items as well, which seems like a bonus.

Bobthewizard
2023-07-23, 08:29 PM
I’m glad this is moving forward. I’m very excited to try this out.

Miko is a consular but more of an untrained sorcerer than a Jedi. She mostly tries to use the force to influence people but can also move things around, including her lightsabers.

My preference for the start would be that we trust Taim and he put us together. So he knows who can use the force and introduces us with that info.

I’m traveling this week so my posts might be a little short, but I’ll put more detail into them after the 31st. Until I get home and can work on a sheet, here is Miko.

Miko (https://sw5e.com/tools/mycharacters/temp-mqga99k8k?isNew=true), Chiss Consular (Way of Manipulation)

https://i.imgur.com/pBXrJ9x.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/55/a4/05/55a405b2c8a8c2f50533128a33133a8d.jpg
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/swfanon/images/0/0a/Chiss4.png/revision/latest?cb=20151030180632
https://i.imgur.com/M4HBhGD.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtlZl7KlxZ_YoE2cnSZXPwhkPQxbk4Z f6fAoWE898xjVoUY2R59netW7YnQs54QIuTAGE&usqp=CAU

Chiss Consular, Way of Manipulation

AC 16, HP 29/29

STR 10
DEX 13
CON 16 (15+1 feat)
INT 10 (8 +2 race)
WIS 12
CHA 18 (16+1 race +1 feat)

Feats
Durable
Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you can regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier (minimum of 2).
Your hit point maximum increases by an amount equal to twice your level when you gain this feat. Whenever you gain a level thereafter, your hit point maximum increases by an additional 2 hit points.

Charmer
Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill. If you are already proficient in it, you instead gain expertise in it.
If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

Proficiencies
Languages: Galactic Basic, Cheunh, and Sy Bisti
Armor: Light, Medium Armor
Weapons: Simple Lightweapons, Heavy Pistol, Sniper Rifle
Tools: none
Gaming Sets: Sabacc Deck, Chance Cubes
Saving Throws: Wisdom +3, Charisma +6
Skills: Sleight of Hand +3, Insight +3, Perception +3, Deception +6, Persuasion +8E

Features
Force Recovery: After short rest, regain force points equal to half your consular level + Charisma modifier = 5

Forcecasting: Forcecasting save DC 14 (dark & universal) or 11 (light). Force attack modifier +6 (dark & universal) or +3 (light). 16 Force Points (4x level + Cha). 13 Known Force Powers:
At Will: Affect Mind, Force Disarm, Force Imbuement, Force Push/Pull, Saber Reflect (r), Saber Ward, Shock
Level 1: Cloud Mind, Heal, Comprehend Speech
Level 2: Animate Weapon (b), Coerce Mind (c), Phasewalk (b)

Force Shield: 3/LR Rx to add CHA to AC until start of next turn
Force Empowered Casting: 2 options
- Refocused: 2 FP to automatically succeed on concentration save
- Twin: FP = level of spell. if only targets one, can target two
Force Affinity: Bogan, dark side powers gain minimum threshold
Consular Tradition: Way of Manipulation
Saber Storm: Action 1 minute, 2/SR, move 10' and attack. d8+Cha.
-While active, +Cha to AC, +Cha to concentration saves
Darkvision: 120'
Martial Proficiency: Light, medium armor, Heavy Pistol, Sniper Rifle
Politically Minded: Insight
Tech Resistance: Advantage on Dex and Int saves vs. Tech powers
Political Presence: When you walk into a room, people immediately respect your opinion and listen to what you have to say. You are commonly taken for face value as a person of great standing. People will likely treat you like a noble or assume you of that lineage. You can attain audiences with nobles or officials easily, as they may often see you as one of their circle. Bureaucratic red tape holds little challenge to you because you always seem to know the right person to talk to.

Credits: 575
Equipment: Weave armor (1000), Light Shield Generator (125), Lightblade x2 (750), Electrobaton (275), Vibrodagger x2 (100), Fine Clothes, Backpack, Canteen, Field Rations x5, Datacron, Datacard x5, Hands Free Comm Link (200), Chance Cubes, Sabacc Deck

Alignment: Neutral Balanced
Personality: No matter how high the stakes, I always appear calm. I try to be unpredictable, so no one will know when I'm bluffing.
Ideals: Risk. Nothing worth doing is ever a sure thing. Surprise. Life is a game worth playing, because you never know how the dice will land.
Bond: I owe a lot of money to the wrong kind of people.
Flaws: I spend money faster than I can make it. Everyone has a price. Mine happens to be pretty low.
Appearance: 5'6" 120lbs. Black Hair, Red eyes, Blue Skin. Miko is charming and beautiful. She dresses in fine silk clothes worn over a set of fitted weave armor. She carries no blasters, only a few engraved, collectors' lightblades and some hidden daggers. She fits in well in formal situations and most people seem to think she is wealthy and important. But it's an act. She has no money and is on the run. Moff Taim is her only hope

1. The "Elevator Pitch."

Daiemi’ko’karys (Miko) grew up an urchin and a criminal far from the Chiss' planet. As a teenager, she found she was good at reading people, influencing them, and even controlling them. She’s heard rumors of the force but didn’t know that’s what she uses. She never had any formal training or guidance. She’d never met anyone else that can use the force. She just knew that things work out for her and she can manipulate things with her mind. People do what she wants. Games work out in her favor. She’s used her abilities and luck to leave behind her criminal past and became a professional gambler, travelling the galaxy to play against other professionals. A subtle “you should probably fold” when the odds are in her favor or a quick tip of a die to get the result she needed Enough that she was able to parlay her winnings into a low level political position, working under Moff Taim. She made quite a good living. Until recently.

She was accused of cheating in a game of dice, which she had done but not in the way she was accused. She was about to be arrested when she had to use her powers in a less subtle way. It was only at this moment that she realized she had been using the force. Once it became clear to others the power she possessed, she had to flee. The professional gambling guild put a bounty on her head. The criminal gang that bet on her and lost is out to recoup their losses.

(Sort of a female Lando Calrissian who can use the force)

2. What brings you into Ephraim Taim's service?

Miko had met Ephraim Taim before he was Moff Taim and assigned to his position as governor of Osmur. They had helped each other get ahead when he was just an Imperial Commander. She had helped him with business negotiations and made him a significant amount of money, while he had kept her out of trouble and looked the other way at her gambling and swindling. They also became decent friends. When she upset the gambling guild, she ran to Taim to help her hide.

3. Tell me something about Taim.

Unlike most Moffs, Taim was not born into privilege. He worked his way up through the Empire, through guile and luck. It is said that he has always been ambitious and willing to work around the rules. There is a rumor (true but unverified) that he assassinated the previous Moff, a tyrant of a man who ruled with a iron fist. But then the new Moff Taim brought justice and mercy to his sector, so no one looked further into the assassination.

4 [Optional]. What's something you want to do in this game? What's a scene, arc, conflict, dramatic moment, dramatic element, or something else that you'd like to get to do?

I want to have an epic lightsaber fight.

5. What are your preferred pronouns? He/him but not overly concerned.

truemane
2023-07-23, 08:47 PM
If I buy a Doublesaber and two Shoto sabers, can I treat them as the same weapon? As in the two smaller lightsabers combine into the larger double saber? Shoto sabers are easier to hide and one of my favourite moments in Star Wars Rebels is when Kanan walks towards danger, calmly assembles his lightsaber from two pieces, and Kallus yells "Focus your fire on... the Jedi!" *cue dramatic music* so I kinda want to bring that energy to it. Kax doesn't want people to know she's carrying lightsabers around, after all.

Also, the rules for Force Concealment say if you've been casting it on the same target every day for a month it becomes permanent until dispelled so is it okay if I say she already fulfilled these conditions before the game began (just for simplicity's sake)?
Yes, to both. They both sound fun, and interesting.

Do you want to talk a little about Kax's experience as a sort-of-Jedi all during the Empire Era? Was she on her way to being a for-real Jedi? Do you think she agrees with/is dedicated to the values and views of the Jedi Order? Or was that just the only way being a Force User she was ever presented with?

Also, if you like, there's room in the game for rumours that Taim had some connections to the Hidden Path. Part of why I wanted Osmur Prison to be specifically for 're-educating' was that it means Force Users could have wound up there. And there's room for Taim helping them in one way or another.

And it's a short, short walk from there to the Inquisitors.

If you'd like to engage with that a little more, I'm down. Let me know.

Kax sounds fun!:smallsmile:

Hello all! Looking forward to this even though my experience with SW5E is very minimal.

I've been thinking a lot about Orana. Her basic backstory and personality is staying the same but I've been considering slightly different builds. For one thing I've been musing over making her a Togruta or Twi'lek instead of a human since I found some art I loved:

[...]

I've also been toying with the idea of making her Operative rather a Scholar - really either class could fit.

I like her as a human, actually, but I think Togruta would also work really well.

I also don't have any experience in the system. At first glace, it looks like the Mundanes and Force Users should balance pretty well. And I think we only have two Force Users, out of six PC's.

Either way, this will be a learning experience for all of us.

Okay, I figured out the gimmick I was missing: Ziro was never a petty criminal. Her beloved parent is a crime boss, a fixer, a negotiator who hires other people to take care of the little stuff. When Ziro gets directly involved in something, she wants a big score, like with the failed shipjacking that put her on the map. She still needs to be patient and investigate and set traps, it's not like she's outrunning anyone, but when she finally makes her move, the time for stealth is already over. She's loud. She's flashy.
One of the plot things I was toying with was that this Sector 'belongs to' a famous Hutt family run by a universally feared matriarch with a total screw-up for an elder son. If you're interested in interacting with that part of the story, I'm down. You could even be one of her other kids, if you wanted.

A few days ago, it occurred to me that I had a Jedi Sentinel concept that I really liked that I haven't gotten to play, but that would work for this. Of course she has the problem of her backstory being rather long, and it fits a mid-level character more than a low-level. In the end, I decided that what I'd submitted was perfectly fine. I'll leave being a Jedi to others, and just be a Badass Normal.

Of course, I still need to decide on class. My choices are either Fighter or Scout. That choice will mostly depend on how much Techcasting we have. If we have an Engineer or another Scout already, I'll play Fighter, and just be a soldier doing soldier things.

My experience is limited, but I'm pretty sure every class, even the non-casters, get cool stuff they can do. Every Fighter gets maneuevers a la Battle Master, and while I'm less experienced with Operatives, I'm reasonably sure that they have their niche that they do well.

This is the party so far (as far as I can tell):

Dr.Gunsforhands - Ziro the Hutt Demolitionist, Wayward Hutt Kid Out to Make a Name
Infernally Clay - Zax the Human (?) Sentinel, Almost a Jedi Looking to Help Others
RussN - Orana the Human/Togruta/Twi'leck Scholar, Secret Agent Looking for Trouble

EDITS:

1. Still working on some Sector info. Hopefully I'll have some scratch notes up tomorrow.
2. Does anyone need anything from me to get a sheet done? And/or anything from me to move forward at all?

Infernally Clay
2023-07-24, 05:47 AM
Yes, to both. They both sound fun, and interesting.

Do you want to talk a little about Kax's experience as a sort-of-Jedi all during the Empire Era? Was she on her way to being a for-real Jedi? Do you think she agrees with/is dedicated to the values and views of the Jedi Order? Or was that just the only way being a Force User she was ever presented with?

Also, if you like, there's room in the game for rumours that Taim had some connections to the Hidden Path. Part of why I wanted Osmur Prison to be specifically for 're-educating' was that it means Force Users could have wound up there. And there's room for Taim helping them in one way or another.

And it's a short, short walk from there to the Inquisitors.

If you'd like to engage with that a little more, I'm down. Let me know.

Kax is more free-spirited and, as a Kiffar, more inclined towards spontaneity and independence so it's less than she ever saw herself becoming a Jedi in the traditional sense and more that a Jedi saved her and now she wants to save Jedi. Jedi traditions, rules, none of those matter to her as much as using what she has to help people, which probably makes her more of a Jedi then she'd ever like to admit.

She knows from her Master about the war, Order 66, what the Empire has been doing to the Jedi since they took over... Kax believes people deserve a place to call home, somewhere they aren't hunted like animals or tortured and broken and forced to hunt their own, and once she has found her Master I think that would be her primary goal - establishing a safe place for the Hidden Path to bring Jedi, rather than hiding them separately in caves and swamps. Just imagine how her Master would react if Kax brought him to a camp where many Jedi he hasn't seen in over twenty years are safe and well.

That would be worth anything to Kax.

When you say rumours suggest Taim was once connected to the Hidden Path, do you mean he helped Jedi slip out of the prison and got them to the Hidden Path or that he infiltrated the Hidden Path and captured Jedi to be sent to the prison for execution or, worse yet, a trip to the Inquisitorius? How much does the Hidden Path know about Taim and what will they have told Kax before she left for the Osmur System?

I think Kax will err on the side of caution and assume the latter regardless. Maybe she's going into this thinking Taim is possibly the one who captured her Master and she's infiltrating this group to find him, wary of the others in the group - especially anyone claiming to be a Jedi since they could be an Inquisitor in disguise - just in case this is all a trap to capture Kax.

She'll open up eventually of course but like most Jedi that lived during the Imperial era she probably won't out herself until something goes south really fast.

Bobthewizard
2023-07-24, 08:18 AM
I think Kax will err on the side of caution and assume the latter regardless. Maybe she's going into this thinking Taim is possibly the one who captured her Master and she's infiltrating this group to find him, wary of the others in the group - especially anyone claiming to be a Jedi since they could be an Inquisitor in disguise - just in case this is all a trap to capture Kax.

She'll open up eventually of course but like most Jedi that lived during the Imperial era she probably won't out herself until something goes south really fast.

It might make for a smoother transition if Taim worked for the hidden path and has now volunteered to help you find your master. It would give you some built in loyalty and trust in order to facilitate whatever adventures Truemane has up their sleeve.

Miko is a lot like Kax. No real formal training, just some unknown powers and previously a need to hide them from the empire. Now that the Empire has fallen, though, we can be open in our exploration of the force, especially with Taim being an ally. It might be part of what drew us to their little fiefdom.

She will be very interested to hear about any information you have regarding Jedi training. She is force balanced (although mechanically she is better at dark side than light) and won’t really want to follow the Jedi code but won’t want to succumb to the dark side either.

Miko is a reluctant hero like Han Solo or Lando Calrissean, but will help out any of you that have trouble. So she would stick by your side as you look for your Master, even as she complains it is a waste of time.

Bobthewizard
2023-07-24, 08:36 AM

Here are a few thoughts on the mechanics.

1. As I read the scholar class, I struggle to find a way to make them effective. I’d love to see someone do it, but it looks pretty weak to me. If it looks fun to you, please prove me wrong.

2. Operative might struggle if the fights are more ranged. Only getting one attack, and needing an ally next to the target to trigger sneak attack might make them feel less effective. At level 3, an operative should be fine, but I think they fall behind fighters at level 5 and keep getting worse after that.

3. With all of the cool weapons and fighting styles and masteries, fighters look pretty awesome. If I didn’t want tech or force powers, I’d try to use this class to make my concept. With Rapid and Burst, blasters can do good damage per hit. With fighting styles, you can get fairly consistent bonus action and reaction attacks.

RossN
2023-07-24, 02:04 PM
I like her as a human, actually, but I think Togruta would also work really well.

I also don't have any experience in the system. At first glace, it looks like the Mundanes and Force Users should balance pretty well. And I think we only have two Force Users, out of six PC's.

Either way, this will be a learning experience for all of us.

Happy to go with human then. I do like the art I chose for her. :smallsmile:

Here are a few thoughts on the mechanics.

1. As I read the scholar class, I struggle to find a way to make them effective. I’d love to see someone do it, but it looks pretty weak to me. If it looks fun to you, please prove me wrong.

2. Operative might struggle if the fights are more ranged. Only getting one attack, and needing an ally next to the target to trigger sneak attack might make them feel less effective. At level 3, an operative should be fine, but I think they fall behind fighters at level 5 and keep getting worse after that.

3. With all of the cool weapons and fighting styles and masteries, fighters look pretty awesome. If I didn’t want tech or force powers, I’d try to use this class to make my concept. With Rapid and Burst, blasters can do good damage per hit. With fighting styles, you can get fairly consistent bonus action and reaction attacks.

Scholars and Operatives feel more skill related than combat monsters, though they do have a few knacks to help them - or others in a party support role.

Fighters seem a tough class but clanking around in heavy armour isn't really compatible at all with how I see Orana as more influenced by Leia, Padme and Lando - able to pick up a blaster and potentially very deadly with it but more of a social animal.

Though I have to say part of me does keep coming back to Monk. I did really like Qi'ra from Solo and the idea of playing an elegant but deadly one-woman army is very tempting. :smallcool:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1c/3c/94/1c3c94c079196fd203a7ba20d6366bcd.jpg

I'll go back to the holoterminal this evening and try and wrestle the mechanics into something workable!

Bobthewizard
2023-07-24, 04:42 PM
Fighters seem a tough class but clanking around in heavy armour isn't really compatible at all with how I see Orana as more influenced by Leia, Padme and Lando - able to pick up a blaster and potentially very deadly with it but more of a social animal.

Though I have to say part of me does keep coming back to Monk. I did really like Qi'ra from Solo and the idea of playing an elegant but deadly one-woman army is very tempting. :smallcool:

I'll go back to the holoterminal this evening and try and wrestle the mechanics into something workable!

If I were to play a fighter, I would go Dex based using blasters and the snapshot style for removing disadvantage at close range. Lots of options for blasters even if you dump strength, and no heavy armor needed. I do love the idea of Qira though. I haven’t looked through monk to see how it plays in this rule set. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Edit: I looked through monk and I am impressed. You can get a fighting style, disengage and dash don’t take a focus point, and you can use charisma instead of wisdom if you’d prefer for your character. I like Whills order for the blaster BA attack but some of the others looked cool too.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-07-24, 06:11 PM
One of the plot things I was toying with was that this Sector 'belongs to' a famous Hutt family run by a universally feared matriarch with a total screw-up for an elder son. If you're interested in interacting with that part of the story, I'm down. You could even be one of her other kids, if you wanted.

That sounds wonderful! It's everything I was going for with Ziro from the get-go, and showing up their crappy older brother is a nice little extra motivation. :smalltongue:

I wonder if Ziro and Miko might have some crossover in their stories? Depending on who ran the gambling halls that hated her so, Ziro or one of their colleagues might have been hired to muscle her out. Miko and Orana would almost certainly know of each other from the gambling circuit.

I think that the shtick of the scholar is that they're basically bards. The first maneuver is effectively your combat specialty if you want one, and you get enough superiority dice per short rest that it will get through most fights. The analysis mechanic can be used once on every party member each rest, and so I suspect it's extra fun in a large party like ours. It's kind of like a mini-game, where you're trying to cycle through and hang out with each person until everyone has acknowledged your advice at least once. :smalltongue:

Dusk Raven
2023-07-24, 11:05 PM
Edit: I looked through monk and I am impressed. You can get a fighting style, disengage and dash don’t take a focus point, and you can use charisma instead of wisdom if you’d prefer for your character. I like Whills order for the blaster BA attack but some of the others looked cool too.

Monk is definitely interesting in this system. The first SW5e character I ever played was an Engineer who eventually dipped Monk, because Monk had some very interesting synergy with a feature her Engineer archetype had. I'll have to explain that another time.

As for this character... I'm not sure what Ziro's class will be, but I myself am still somewhat divided between Scout and Soldier. I like the idea of just being someone who has a specific role and fulfills it well, which is quite fitting for a former Stormtrooper, but as a player, I like having a choice of multiple things to do in combat, and even a half-caster gives me plenty of options for that. Hmm...

As for backstory, not sure Gil's will tie in to any other character's, sadly - and it's doubtful he'd remember them even if it did.

Bobthewizard
2023-07-24, 11:20 PM
This is the party so far (as far as I can tell):

Ziro - I love the idea of Miko owing money to Ziro’s family. We need a way that we would trust each other. So she would be on board trying to help you take over for your mom.

Zax- Maybe Zax saw Miko use her force powers and approached her. They could help each other since Miko, as a full caster, has a little more ability with the force, and Zax has a little more information from his Jedi master.

Gil - Miko had met Gil in the mess hall once. Being the consummate politician, she asked a little about his family and learned that he has a brother that was coming soon to work as a guard. Whether he made it or not, Miko doesn’t know.

Auger - Auger had flown Miko along with other prominent gamblers, businessmen, and politicians. They recognize each other but don’t have to know more about each other, but I’m open to more of a connection. Perhaps they both had to flee somewhere and now are traveling together.

Orana - Miko and Orana know each other from gambling. Orana heard of Miko’s incident where she showed she could use the force, and knows the Hutt’s are after her.

Perhaps we are all a crew that has fled to meet Taim. Maybe we even have our own ship.

Infernally Clay
2023-07-25, 04:33 AM
Here's what I've got so far...

Zarrus Kax
Kiffar Woman
Jedi Sentinel, Path of Meditation
21/21 HP, 13/13 FP, 17 AC
Str: 12, Dex: 18, Con: 13, Int: 10, Wis: 18, Cha: 8
ATK MOD: +6, FORCE ATK MOD: +6, SAVE DC: 14

Kiffar Traits: advantage against shock, charm and Force powers. Proficiency with light, medium armour, electrobaton, revolver.

Ideals: Tranquil, Fighter (Split Style)
Skills: Insight (expertise), Perception, Acrobatics, Survival
Feats: Empathic (+1 wis), Observant (background, +1 wis)

Equipment: Doublesaber (725g), 2x Shoto Saber (900g), Revolver (625g) [2300g in total]

Force Powers (11 known)
Force Camouflage
Force Current
Force Concealment
Force Leap
Force Push/Pull
Defensive Technique
Coerce Mind
Battle Precognition
Battle Meditation
Valour
Heal
Guidance (d6, class feature)

RossN
2023-07-25, 06:52 AM
Okay I know it's probably a subpar weapon mechanically but I instantly fell in love with this art when I found online (I believe it is Shada D'ukal (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shada_D%27ukal).)

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/e9ead2e0-fd8a-474e-9e14-453c6985c729/scale-to-width/755

As I said probably not viable but very cool.

If I were to play a fighter, I would go Dex based using blasters and the snapshot style for removing disadvantage at close range. Lots of options for blasters even if you dump strength, and no heavy armor needed. I do love the idea of Qira though. I haven’t looked through monk to see how it plays in this rule set. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Fighters actually look a bit better than I expected reading up on them.

That sounds wonderful! It's everything I was going for with Ziro from the get-go, and showing up their crappy older brother is a nice little extra motivation. :smalltongue:

I wonder if Ziro and Miko might have some crossover in their stories? Depending on who ran the gambling halls that hated her so, Ziro or one of their colleagues might have been hired to muscle her out. Miko and Orana would almost certainly know of each other from the gambling circuit.

I think that the shtick of the scholar is that they're basically bards. The first maneuver is effectively your combat specialty if you want one, and you get enough superiority dice per short rest that it will get through most fights. The analysis mechanic can be used once on every party member each rest, and so I suspect it's extra fun in a large party like ours. It's kind of like a mini-game, where you're trying to cycle through and hang out with each person until everyone has acknowledged your advice at least once. :smalltongue:

That's a good point regarding Scholars being like Bards.

I'll write up a couple of builds this afternoon.

Bobthewizard
2023-07-25, 09:53 AM
Here's what I've got so far...

Force Powers (11 known)
Force Camouflage
Force Current
Force Concealment
Force Leap
Force Push/Pull
Defensive Technique
Coerce Mind
Battle Precognition
Battle Meditation
Valour
Heal
Guidance (d6, class feature)

That looks great. Remember the prerequisites for force powers. It’s why force casters get so many more known powers than tech casters. You’ll need resistance to take valor and affect mind to take coerce mind. There might be others, but those are the ones I noticed.

Okay I know it's probably a subpar weapon mechanically but I instantly fell in love with this art when I found online.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/e9ead2e0-fd8a-474e-9e14-453c6985c729/scale-to-width/755

As I said probably not viable but very cool.

That's a good point regarding Scholars being like Bards.

I bet it could work as a monk. The shock whip can be a monk weapon. It is a very cool picture. Onslaught or guerrilla fighting style would let you turn the monk’s BA dash or disengage into a reaction dash or disengage respectively. Whichever one you took as a class feature, you could take the other one as a fighting style feat at level 4.

Scholars are bards without the spellcasting. To me, it doesn’t look like they gave them enough to make up for the loss of spellcasting, but again I’d love to see someone prove me wrong.

Infernally Clay
2023-07-25, 11:36 AM
That looks great. Remember the prerequisites for force powers. It’s why force casters get so many more known powers than tech casters. You’ll need resistance to take valor and affect mind to take coerce mind. There might be others, but those are the ones I noticed.

It's probably fine. The rules say that...

Additionally, every time you learn a new power as a result of gaining a level, you can choose one of the powers you know and replace it with another power of the same type, as long as that power is not of a higher level than your Max Power Level.

...so we can probably handwave some prerequisites, within reason, under the assumption they were replaced. Kax learns two new Force Powers per level so there's a lot of leeway there.

Bobthewizard
2023-07-25, 01:45 PM
It's probably fine. The rules say that...

...so we can probably handwave some prerequisites, within reason, under the assumption they were replaced. Kax learns two new Force Powers per level so there's a lot of leeway there.

“Certain force powers are built as more powerful version of previous powers. They require that you know the previous power before you can learn the new one, and you must retain knowledge of the previous power to be able to cast the new one.”

If Truemane wants to handwave it, I’m cool with it. As a Consular, it would make Miko much more powerful.

RossN
2023-07-25, 07:42 PM
Okay after changing my mind endlessly I decided to go with an Operative with the Performance Practice. I recognise it isn't the strongest build around and i may regret it but it seemed to fit my charming gambler turned spy. :smallsmile:

Agent Orana Zhade
Human Operative (Performance Practice)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/b5/1a/d6b51a7ccfdbb085abd9e019c9887ebf.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/129041ae211f39c8562d7786fece7757/d53c2403d2812f74-6c/s1280x1920/ae6c3bd2682808ff0854f5c92ee58ca3d0888cd0.png

Orana is a slender, attractive human woman of slightly above average height who looks to be in her mid to late twenties with a pale complexion, large light blue eyes and long dark brown hair often worn braided. She owns an ISB uniform and wears it if needed but prefers to wear 'civies' - form flattering high fashion in Coruscanti and Alderaanian style.

Besides her trusty blaster pistol she also carries a vibrowhip:

1. The "Elevator Pitch." A super short, quick-sketch, high-concept, exciting description of your character and what makes them great. Some mechanical stuff is fine but builds aren't exciting, stories are exciting. So tell me about the story this character brings to the table. Imagine you're in an elevator with a Netflix exec and you have 30 seconds to convince them to greenlight a mini-series based on this character. What would you say to convince them this person is so awesome their story needs to be told?

Orana has the refined accent and sophisticated taste of a Coruscanti noblewoman, despite being neither of these things. Born on the icy Outer Rim world Mantooine she left home as a young teenager and never looked back; it is doubtful that even her own brother and sister would recognise her now especially since she has changed her name and gender identity. Orana is a transwoman; in fact her current body is a biologically female clone of her original body she bought at exorbitant expense on the black market. Transitioning was not her only reason for leaving boring, cold, hard working Mantooine but it was certainly helped!

Highly intelligent and with a lot of charm Orana turned to the exciting if dangerous world of professional gambling, winning and losing several small fortunes and enjoying the glamorous life she always dreamed of. Unfortunately the wrong card game on Bespin lead her being taken into custody by the Imperial Security Bureau and offered the choice of a lengthy vacation in the Spice Mines of Kessel or joining the ISB. Orana chose the later and until the Battle of Endor was a highly capable if unenthusiastic spy for the Empire.

2. What brings you into Ephraim Taim's service? What lead you to this strange little corner of the Galaxy on this mad errand?

You wouldn't think a woman as charming and witty as Orana would make many enemies but, alas, she has. The New Republic is after her because she worked for the ISB and directly against the Rebellion. The remnant Empire wants her because she (technically) is an ISB agent and has a lot of sensitive information in her noggin. Several other gamblers, nobles and crime lords want her for various cheats and cons she played at the sabacc table (or in the bedroom) over the years.

She is also worried about the Jedi even though she is sure she has never met one. A year before Endor she briefly thought she encountered one in a casino on Corellia, trailed them and was about to send a report to the ISB when the supposed 'Jedi' drew Orana aside, waved a hand in front of Orana's eyes and told her she was mistaken, there were no Jedi here and there was no need to investigate further. Orana immediately realised she was mistaken, there were no Jedi there and there was no need to investigate further but she is concerned (and to be honest maybe a little excited) about the prospect of running into a real Jedi some day.

Moff Ephraim Taim seems like the safest harbour. He's an unorthodox Imperial (like Orana herself) who can use a woman of her skills - and besides the gambler in her wants to play the long odds and see this ramshackle state work!

3. Tell me something about Taim. An exploit, or a legend, or a talent, or a rumour. This might be related to how you know him, or might be completey separate. Swing for the fences.

Taim won the Mid-Rim Platinum Sabacc Tournament three times in a row nearly two decades ago but according to legend has never so much as sat at a gambling table since. Orana has heard the story from many old hands and is desperately curious to know how he did it - and why he walked away at the height of his success.

4 [Optional]. What's something you want to do in this game? What's a scene, arc, conflict, dramatic moment, dramatic element, or something else that you'd like to get to do?

Excitement, glamorous settings, some espionage work and a lot of humour - Orana is bacially a Bond Girl in the Star Wars universe (and without Bond of course.)

An encounter with Orana's old acquaintances would be fun too.

5. What are your preferred pronouns?

She/her

Character Sheet (in progress)

Orana Zhade
Human Woman (Clone)
Operative, Performance Practice
Gambler Background
21/21 HP, 15 AC
Str: 8, Dex: 18, Con: 12, Int: 14, Wis: 12, Cha: 16
ATK MOD: +6

Human Traits: Defiant, Versatile.

Skills: Deception +7 (expertise), Insight +3, Investigation +4, Perception + 3, Performance +5, Persuasion +5, Sleight of Hand +8 (expertise), Stealth +6
Tools: Disguise Kit, Sabacc deck (expertise), Chance cubes.
Feats: Competitor (background, +1 Wis), Feigned Confidence (+1 Cha)

Operative Features: Bad Feeling, Cunning Action, Expertise, Operative Exploits, Operative Practice, Sneak Attack (2d6)
Operative Exploits: Fighter's Exploit (Dueling Style), Skill's Exploit (Aim)

Performance Pactice Features: Artful Dancer, Dazzling Steps

Equipment: Vibrowhip, simple blaster and two power cells, disguise kit, burglars pack, combat suit and vibrodagger, a set of common clothes, a set of dice, a deck of playing cards, a lucky charm, and a belt pouch containing 100 cr.

truemane
2023-07-26, 10:48 AM
When you say rumours suggest Taim was once connected to the Hidden Path, do you mean he helped Jedi slip out of the prison and got them to the Hidden Path or that he infiltrated the Hidden Path and captured Jedi to be sent to the prison for execution or, worse yet, a trip to the Inquisitorius? How much does the Hidden Path know about Taim and what will they have told Kax before she left for the Osmur System?
I mean that there's rumours he's helped some Jedi escape. He runs this super specialized prison for re-educating enemies of the Empire. Assume some of them were Force Users and maybe he assisted in a couple getting lost in the system.

What Taim has told you (if you asked about it) is that he had a contact who claimed to be involved in the Hidden Path. And he sometimes managed to hand Force Users to that person. As far as he knows, that person is legit, but he couldn't ever know for sure.

If you think that's a conversation the two of you would have had, I'll work on that person as a lead for an mission.

She will be very interested to hear about any information you have regarding Jedi training. She is force balanced (although mechanically she is better at dark side than light) and won’t really want to follow the Jedi code but won’t want to succumb to the dark side either.
I think I mentioned that I prefer the key Force binary to be Discipline/Primal rather than Light/Dark. The Light/Dark comes from the Jedi, whose philosophy has become lingua franca of sorts. So the Jedi see it as 'succumbing to the Dark Side' but it's really more like 'embracing the truth of your primal animal nature.'

So if you want your character to feel like she has a third option between Paladin and Blackguard, there's lots of room for that.

Excellent! The mother's name is Arla. And the screw-up son is Lotho. I'll toss in some more information when I get the sector info up and running. Are you estranged more because you won't be a Hutt like she wants, or more because you can't? Did you walk away or did they drive you out? If you could wave a magic wand and make everything 'okay' with your family, what would that look like? If your mother could wave a magic wand and make everything okay with you, what would that look like? Do you want your family to know where you are and are just working around you? Or will they be surprised to see you?

As for backstory, not sure Gil's will tie in to any other character's, sadly - and it's doubtful he'd remember them even if it did.
Do you want to do any work on his unremembered past? Or do you want to go in pure blank slate and I'll drop things on you as they occur?

“Certain force powers are built as more powerful version of previous powers. They require that you know the previous power before you can learn the new one, and you must retain knowledge of the previous power to be able to cast the new one.”

If Truemane wants to handwave it, I’m cool with it. As a Consular, it would make Miko much more powerful.
Let's stick with the rules in the book, as much as possible. This is literally my first time with this system, so I don't want to start Homebrewing it before I see what it looks like.

Okay after changing my mind endlessly I decided to go with an Operative with the Performance Practice. I recognise it isn't the strongest build around and i may regret it but it seemed to fit my charming gambler turned spy. :smallsmile:
All we can do is take it for a run and see how it works out. If, after a mission or two, you're not feeling it, come talk to me and we can figure out how to fix it. Even that means a whole mid-game re-build.

Infernally Clay
2023-07-26, 11:08 AM
I mean that there's rumours he's helped some Jedi escape. He runs this super specialized prison for re-educating enemies of the Empire. Assume some of them were Force Users and maybe he assisted in a couple getting lost in the system.

What Taim has told you (if you asked about it) is that he had a contact who claimed to be involved in the Hidden Path. And he sometimes managed to hand Force Users to that person. As far as he knows, that person is legit, but he couldn't ever know for sure.

If you think that's a conversation the two of you would have had, I'll work on that person as a lead for an mission.

That sounds like a fantastic hook for a mission to me. So Kax helps Taim find something he needs to solidify his position in this system or whatever and in return Taim helps Kax find the last person who may or may not have seen Kax's Master alive?

truemane
2023-07-26, 11:12 AM
That sounds like a fantastic hook for a mission to me. So Kax helps Taim find something he needs to solidify his position in this system or whatever and in return Taim helps Kax find the last person who may or may not have seen Kax's Master alive?
Yeah! That's perfect. And it's good takes because it's so easily interrupted by other things.

Dusk Raven
2023-07-26, 01:20 PM
Do you want to do any work on his unremembered past? Or do you want to go in pure blank slate and I'll drop things on you as they occur?

I think I prefer being a blank slate, for the most part. I want his backstory to be a surprise even to me, after all. However, I think I do have one thing in mind. In my application, I alluded to the idea that Gil got his injuries not because of trying to save Taim's life, but also because it was an attempted suicide by cop, essentially. Gil is vaguely aware of this fact, but he doesn't really remember why. I had the idea that he had basically become disillusioned and disgusted with the Empire, but was unwilling to outright betray it, ultimately choosing death in action as his escape. The details of this change in perspective, of course, can be developed and revealed later. Perhaps it involved some personal loss...

RossN
2023-07-26, 03:14 PM
All we can do is take it for a run and see how it works out. If, after a mission or two, you're not feeling it, come talk to me and we can figure out how to fix it. Even that means a whole mid-game re-build.

Understood and to be fair I think most of are newbies so we can go easy on each other! :smallbiggrin:

I liked the idea behind the Scholar and the Gambler Pursuit but the mechanics seemed a bit too finicky, especially given my inexperience. That pushed me towards Operative or Monk with the Operative being more of a 'Jane of All Trades' type like Han or Lando and the Monk being more of an extremely dangerous combatant hidden beneath her elegant exterior like Qi'ra.

I also want to try building her as Togruta. Mechanically they aren't as versatile as humans but they do look amazing!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/87/0b/a7/870ba77d860b2b32d642439e0647ab3a.jpg

Bobthewizard
2023-07-26, 06:45 PM

I think you’ll be fine. Rogues aren’t the strongest in dnd but I still always have fun playing them.

This works really well for Miko too. She’s known Taim for a long time and has learned that he is someone you help if you can, and then if you get in trouble, he can usually pull some strings to get you out of it. So now that she is on the run for using her force powers, he is who she turns to. This info above gives her an excuse to tell him the truth.

I think I mentioned that I prefer the key Force binary to be Discipline/Primal rather than Light/Dark. The Light/Dark comes from the Jedi, whose philosophy has become lingua franca of sorts. So the Jedi see it as 'succumbing to the Dark Side' but it's really more like 'embracing the truth of your primal animal nature.'

So if you want your character to feel like she has a third option between Paladin and Blackguard, there's lots of room for that.

She would still be in the middle. Mostly primal but trying to be more disciplined. Not to the point where she would actually study, just to try and control herself. She is neither a Paladin nor a Blackguard. She doesn’t see herself in such grandiose terms. She just has some abilities that she will use to help others, and herself if she needs to. Does that all fit?

Let's stick with the rules in the book, as much as possible. This is literally my first time with this system, so I don't want to start Homebrewing it before I see what it looks like.

I agree. There is no need to make Consulars and Sentinels more powerful.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-07-26, 10:20 PM
Excellent! The mother's name is Arla. And the screw-up son is Lotho. I'll toss in some more information when I get the sector info up and running. Are you estranged more because you won't be a Hutt like she wants, or more because you can't? Did you walk away or did they drive you out? If you could wave a magic wand and make everything 'okay' with your family, what would that look like? If your mother could wave a magic wand and make everything okay with you, what would that look like? Do you want your family to know where you are and are just working around you? Or will they be surprised to see you?

After reading that, the following exchange played in my head:

"I want to feel like I'm bringing something to the table."

"Ziro, we're Hutts. We don't need to bring anything to the table. We just need to sit down and eat."

I feel like that's where the seed of their estrangement lies. If crime were a restaurant, the Hutts would be its landlords, and Ziro would rather be head chef.

Ziro has a sort of naive admiration for Arla and for organized crime in general. In Ziro's perfect galaxy, her family would be the champions of the underworld, robbing the rich to right the wrongs of traditional society. Such is the natural source and purpose of their wealth and respect. Of course, in reality, Arla's business is all about enriching oneself at the expense of others.

For Arla's part, I imagine she'd be flattered by the kid's ambition and respect for the craft, at least. Arla probably wishes that Ziro could take that ambition and apply it to the actual family business, rather than waste their life on weird fantasies Arla doesn't quite understand. If it's thrills Ziro's after, they can get a safe, wholesome hobby, like watching slaves fight to the death in cages.

For the time being, one thing that Arla and Ziro can agree on is Lotho. To continue the restaurant analogy, Lotho is like a freeloading dumpster rat; he serves the same basic function as a landlord, but draws more direct heat from the health department. That said, it is possible, however unlikely, that Lotho now has more in common with Ziro than they realize. Ziro hasn't seen him in years, after all.

While Ziro hasn't seen her family since she's been in Taim's prison, I imagine that Arla knows exactly where Ziro is. Even if it's supposed to be a secret, it is supposedly in Arla's territory, and the terrorist attempt at grand theft freighter would have at least spawned enough rumors for her to hear them. Their combination of respect and estrangement is such that she's probably content to leave Ziro alone - at least until she needs something from them.

Anyway! I need to change my sheet to be level 3, huh? Somehow I totally missed that we changed it from level 1. I'll be doing that over the course of the next day or so.

RossN
2023-07-27, 04:52 AM
Decided to keep Orana as a human Operative though I'll still be tweaking her sheet a little. Also I found new art I liked:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8f/84/5d/8f845df447a02565b8bd54cefb131e76.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b3/b3/b5/b3b3b548ff7b30969c7565d7bfcd9b9b.jpg

So I've been thinking about how Orana might know the others:

Miko: Orana knows her as a fellow gambler. As an ISB Agent she once spied on Miko when she was Miko when she was suspected of being a Jedi but after speaking to the Chiss woman realised she was mistaken (ie. Miko Jedi Mind Tricked Orana, possibly without quite knowing what she was doing.) Orana will definitely be surprised to learn Miko can use the Force - she was so sure Miko was innocent, but given she's on the run from the Imperials themselves she won't hold a grudge! also expect a rivalry over who is the better gambler! :smalltongue:

Ziro: Orana is a clone (her memories were copied and downloaded from her original body into her new one) and she had to get access to that technology long before she ended up in Imperial service. The Hutts are the obvious answer and she'd have obvious reason to feel grateful (or at least a debt) to Ziro if he was the one who helped there.

truemane
2023-08-01, 09:13 PM
As promised a while back, here's some basic in-game info about the setting.

Where are we on sheets and characters? Who's ready to roll? Does anyone need anything else from me to move forward?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/941056535935729727/1136082847296401438/Osmur_Sector.jpg?width=365&height=290

Osmur is nestled against the edge of Imperial Space. The entire Sector is covered in a thick nebula of ionized gas and dust particles that make it almost imposisble to navigate through hyperspace (except for several stable corridors and pockets).

Faarek Gates - two of the only stable routes into the Sector. There are two systems: Tar-Faarek and Ur-Faarek. Each is heavily guarded by hyperspace gates and massive automated weapons platforms.

Dortennia – the site of the Sector's main garrisons and weapons depots. Houses several city-sized training facilities.

Xenophon Expanse – a massive swath of territory that has been the source of conflict and battles for thousands and thousands of years before, during, and after Hutt rule. Filled with old, forgotten automated defense systems and abandoned weapons systems of a dozen forgotten civilizations. Extremely dangerous.

P'Lagriss Belt - a massive system of asteroid belts and fields rich in tibanna gas and other valuable resources. Many of the larger asteroids have stable mining facilities and are tethered to each other into a sort of archipelago.

Tirellia – A trinary system with dozens of planets. The gravitational orbits are used to generate power for large processing and manufacturing plants on the planets below.

Yonti – the ancestral home of the Yonto Clan, a family of Chiss sworn to the service of the Jomba Clan since time immemorial. Houses one of the best piloting and astrogating universities in the Galaxy. Under the Empire, most of the populace was enslaved and their many orbital shipyards seized.

Ossuk - once the home world of the Jomba Clan and the centre of their power in the Sector. Once ruled by a complicated Caste system that was thrown into dissaray when the Empire siezed most of the world's wealth. Post-Empire, most of the planet is torn by social unrest.

Ormann String - a long string of close-set systems, many of them with native, intelligent, low-tech races. Used to be used as hiding places by enemies of the Hutt.

Osmur - site of Osmur Prison and the entire administrative appratus of the Sector. Ephraim Taim's centre of operations.

Dusk Raven
2023-08-01, 11:46 PM
I keep forgetting to actually work on my sheet, perhaps because I haven't fully decided on a class... eh, I'll go with Fighter. I'll just try my hand at someone with no casting. Now, my preferred way of doing that would be an Operative/Fighter multiclass who specializes in dual-wielding Subrepeaters... but that particular build takes a while to come together, and I also designed that for a rather different character.

So, that character was an Operative going into Fighter, specifically the Operative archetype that lets you get sneak attack on weapons with the burst or rapid properties that you're proficient with, and the Fighter archetype Tactical Specialist. Originally, the latter archetype had a feature where you could select one maneuver, and it didn't use up a superiority die when you used it. They've since nerfed that for understandable reasons. For this, I took Vanity, which lets me regain HP whenever I reduce a creature to 0 HP. So the idea is that I get in the thick of things (the aforementioned sneak attack only activating on targets within 30 feet) and just go to town on enemies like Doomguy. The best part was his backstory though. That character was originally a college student studying to be a doctor. But when evil arose in the galaxy, he volunteered for duty to do what had to be done. And he turned out to be scarily good at it. I rather liked the contrast between his mild-mannered, almost shy personality and what he did on the battlefield, as well as the trope of someone who just goes from an ordinary person to a monster on the battlefield for no special reason.

So, I've got to work with the backstory I've got. The good news is that I'm actually almost finished - I worked on the character a while back, I just waited on putting the finishing touches on him.

EDIT: Now actually finished. I just need to type everything up in a format conductive to this forum. Either that or make a PDF.

Bobthewizard
2023-08-02, 07:56 AM
@truemane Can you see the sheet from the SW5e character creation tool that I linked in this post (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25830399&postcount=8)?

Either way, is that post enough for a sheet?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-08-02, 07:45 PM
EDIT: It appears that the great myth-weavers reset killed Ziro's sheet, so I'll be remaking it.

Ziro: Orana is a clone (her memories were copied and downloaded from her original body into her new one) and she had to get access to that technology long before she ended up in Imperial service. The Hutts are the obvious answer and she'd have obvious reason to feel grateful (or at least a debt) to Ziro if he was the one who helped there.

That sounds good to me! It fits right in with Ziro's idea of what crime is for, and she could use a trustworthy-looking face who owes her favors. The idea makes me wonder if Ziro could also dabble a little with the geneticist's kit, but that's probably unnecessary...

EDIT AGAIN: Rebuilding Ziro with level 3 in mind made me second-guess a few things. The more I work with Scholar, the more I like it! As a class it leans into learning a little about everything and combining those lessons in weird ways via constellations of features. It won't give you the best spells or the most damage, but it will let an ewok use a buster sword.

Anyway, here's Ziro's new sheet! (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2816101) Now they get the explosives style of a fighter combined with Expertise, turning them into a weirdly strong grappling machine and an investigation-based bounty hunter who can track down the rats who crossed you.

EDIT ADDITIONAL: Ziro picked up Biotech to install Orana's memories in her new body and Forgery to make a new identity to match. The bootleg laboratory they used lacked a certain genetic manipulation component, but that's fine. Orana doesn't need to know about the random street kid she's technically a copy of.

truemane
2023-08-06, 11:24 AM
Okay, it looks like I've got sheets for:

Bobthewizard as Miko the Chiss Consular (Way of Manipulation) (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25830399&postcount=8)
-NOTE: the link does not work for me, but the text-based sheet is fine.

Infernally Clay as Zarrus Kax the Jedi Sentinel (Path of Meditation) (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25831316&postcount=18)

RossN as Orana the Human Operative (Performance Practice) (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25831992&postcount=23)

Dr.Gunsforhands as Ziro the Hutt Scholar (Detective Pursuit)( (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25831992&postcount=23)

That just leaves Dusk Raven/Gil. If you could post what you've got when you get a moment, I'd appreciate it.

I'll gather up the sheets you've posted so far and post links, above in the OP. If you'd rather your sheet be somewhere other than the link above, let me know.

Everyone still with me? Are we ready to get going?

I'm going to get an IC post up tonight.

GAME ON!

Dusk Raven
2023-08-07, 12:30 AM
My apologies, was waiting to see if SW5e's site-based character generator let one share the character with others. It seems the answer is no, so I'll give you a text-based sheet. I based the format off Miko's sheet.

Gil Brimark
Human Fighter (Fireteam Specialist)

AC 16, HP 31/31

STR 13
DEX 18
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 11
CHA 8

Feats
Practiced:
You have acquired skills over your career, gaining the following benefits:
Increase an ability score of your choice by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain proficiency in any combination of two skills or tools of your choice.

Weapon Expert:
You have practiced extensively with a variety of weapons, gaining the following benefits:
Increase your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain proficiency with all blasters. If you are already proficient with all blasters, instead once per turn when you would roll weapon damage using a blaster, you can choose to have advantage.
You gain proficiency with all lightweapons. If you are already proficient with all lightweapons, instead once per turn when you would roll weapon damage using a lightweapon, you can choose to have advantage.
You gain proficiency with all vibroweapons. If you are already proficient with all vibroweapons, instead once per turn when you would roll weapon damage using a vibroweapon, you can choose to have advantage.
You can take this feat twice.

Proficiencies
Languages: Galactic Basic, Binary
Armor: All Armor
Weapons: All Blasters, Vibroweapons, and Lightweapons
Tools: Tinker's Implements, Armstech's Implements
Gaming Sets: None
Saving Throws: STR +3, CON +5
Skills: Athletics +3, Intimidation +2, Investigation +4, Perception +2, Stealth +6, Survival +2, Technology +4

Features:

Defiant: Humans are known to be stubborn and often refuse to give up, even against the worst odds. When you or a creature you can see that can see and understand you makes an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can roll a d4 and add it to their roll (no action required). Once you’ve used this feature, you must complete a short or long rest before you can use it again. 1/1

Fighting Styles:
Formation Style: You are skilled at fighting with a partner. You gain the following benefits:
You can take the Guard action as a bonus action. If you could already take the Guard action as a bonus action, you can instead take it as a reaction on your turn.
When you move on your turn, you can use a bonus action to allow a willing ally within 5 feet of you to move with you (no action required by the ally). The ally must end this movement within 5 feet of you, and this movement can’t exceed the ally’s speed.
When you choose to let an attack that would hit a guarded ally hit you instead, the creature rolls the damage as normal instead of choosing the maximum.

Second Wind:
You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.
Once you’ve used this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. 1/1

Action Surge:
You can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action.
Once you’ve used this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn. 1/1

Combat Superiority:
You learn maneuvers that are fueled by special dice called superiority dice. See chapter 13 for the maneuvers list.

MANEUVERS KNOWN
You learn one maneuver of your choice, and you earn more at higher levels, as shown in the Maneuvers Known column of the fighter table. Many maneuvers enhance an attack in some way. You can use only one maneuver per attack, and you may only use each maneuver once per turn.

Each time you learn new maneuvers, you can also replace one maneuver you know with a different one.

SUPERIORITY DICE
You have two superiority dice, which are d4s, and you earn more at higher levels, as shown in the Superiority Dice Quantity column of the fighter table. This die changes as you gain fighter levels, as shown in the Superiority Dice Size column of the fighter table. A superiority die is expended when you use it.

You regain all of your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

MANEUVER ABILITY
Your maneuver ability varies based on the type of the maneuver you use. You use Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution for physical maneuvers (your choice), Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma for mental maneuvers (your choice), and an ability of your choice for general maneuvers. You use this ability whenever a maneuver refers to your maneuver ability. Additionally, you use this ability modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a maneuver you use.

Maneuver save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your maneuver ability modifier (14 Physical, 12 Mental)

Superiority Dice: 4/4d4

Maneuvers Known:
Distracting Blow (Mental):
When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to distract the creature, giving your allies an opening. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll. The next attack roll against the target by an attacker other than you has advantage if the attack is made before the start of your next turn.

Goading Attack (Mental):
When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to goad the target into attacking you. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll, and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the target has disadvantage on all attack rolls against targets other than you until the end of your next turn.

Heads Up (Mental):
When a friendly creature who can see or hear you makes a saving throw, you can use your reaction and expend a superiority die, adding the number rolled to the result of the saving throw.

Pushing Attack (Physical):
When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to drive the target back. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, you push the target up to 15 feet away from you.

Maneuvering Attack (General):
When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to maneuver one of your comrades into a more advantageous position. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll, and you choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you.

That creature can use its reaction to move up to half its speed without provoking opportunity attacks from the target of your attack.

Targeted Strike (Mental):
When an ally who can see or hear you makes an attack against a creature, you can use your reaction to expend a superiority die. You add the superiority die to the attack roll, and the damage roll if it hits. You can use this maneuver before or after the attack roll, but before the GM determines whether or not the attack hits.

Fighter Strategies:
Maneuver Strategist: You learn two additional maneuvers. When you complete a short rest, you can replace one of these maneuvers with another one. When you complete a long rest, you can replace both of these maneuvers with other ones. (Maneuvering Attack, Pushing Attack)

Improved Combat Superiority:
Your tactical skill in combat improves, granting bonuses to your Combat Superiority.

IMPROVED MANEUVERS
You know four maneuvers of your choice, instead of two, and you earn more at higher levels, as shown in the Maneuvers Known column of the Fireteam Superiority table.

IMPROVED SUPERIORITY DICE
You have four superiority dice, instead of two, and you earn more at higher levels, as shown in the Superiority Dice Quantity column of the Fireteam Superiority table.

Lead By Example:
Once per turn, when an ally that can see or hear you attacks a creature that you can see, you can expend a superiority die and enhance that ally’s attack, using one of the maneuvers that you know.

Credits: 1537
Equipment: Fiber Armor, Heavy Blaster Rifle, Power Cell (3), Vibrostiletto (2), Light Pistol, Backpack, Bedroll, Blanket, Mess Kit, Glowrod (2), Commlink, Field Rations (10 days), Canteen, 50-ft Fibercord Cable.

Alignment: Lawful Balanced
Personality: Discipline and control are essential to combat chaos, both inside and out.
Ideals: I follow my orders and do my duty. That's all there is to it.
Bond: My first duty is to my commander, but my team is just as important.
Flaws: I'll follow orders even if I disagree with them.
Appearance: 6'. 200lbs. Very short black Hair, brown eyes, tan skin. Gil's appearance is curt and professional, much like himself, with no attempts to put form over function - or any aesthetic consideration at all, really. Even outside his armor, he dresses simply, and does not attempt to stand out.

Bobthewizard
2023-08-07, 05:54 AM
I'm ready. It's a shame the SW5e sheet can't be shared. It's a nice feature.

truemane
2023-08-07, 10:25 PM
Can you download them and put them on a Google drive or similar?

Dusk Raven, how much latitude do I have with Gil's unremembered backstory? Is there anything you'd rather not discover about him? Anything you don't want me to include? Or anything you do want me to include?

Bobthewizard
2023-08-08, 06:10 AM
You can print a sheet that looks a little like a MW sheet or the google drive sheet, but it doesn't work very well. In the large "Features" box, you only see the first 2-3 features, with full descriptions.

It's more of an interactive sheet, where you can click on features, or equipment, or skills and that section pops up. It would be cool if you could see other people's sheets in a read-only form.

I'll just keep the post updated.

truemane
2023-08-10, 04:49 PM
Sorry, everyone! A couple of RL things happened that messed up my writing routines. I'm still doing this. I'm going to try to get something up tomorrow.

Bobthewizard
2023-08-11, 12:59 PM
No worries. I'm here if you're ready but will still be here in a couple weeks if you need it.

Dusk Raven
2023-08-14, 01:54 PM
Dusk Raven, how much latitude do I have with Gil's unremembered backstory? Is there anything you'd rather not discover about him? Anything you don't want me to include? Or anything you do want me to include?

I can't really think of anything to add, other than the stipulation that he was, at the time, fed up with his service to the Empire and wanting to get out of it by any means neccessary. Perhaps it was because something they did finally broke his resolve. Beyond that, I don't really care, though I'll try to give it some thought.

Dusk Raven
2023-08-28, 09:19 PM
Is everything all right?

truemane
2023-08-29, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I'm okay. My office changed location and, with it, all my delicate, carefully curated routines are in shambles (stupid ADHD).

It's taking me longer than I thought to get myself right again (I just started going to the gym after almost four weeks off).

I've got the crawltext done, and the adventure written. I just need to do the opening post.

It's been long enough that I'll be PM'ing everyone to make sure they're still available and interested.

Once I've the opening scene up, I'll have little trouble going from there.

Sorry again for the delay.

Dusk Raven
2023-08-29, 02:23 PM
Ah, completely understandable, glad you're still intent on running this!

truemane
2023-08-29, 02:24 PM
I absolutely am. I have seventeen times more plot than I can possibly cram into the three or four adventures I have planned. I just need my idiot brain to give me a break.

Dusk Raven
2023-08-29, 11:03 PM
I know that feeling. I've been having quite a few idea for my own future SW5e campaign... though most of it's worldbuilding and not actual adventures to send the players on, sadly.

truemane
2023-09-06, 08:53 PM
Okay! After much ado, let's get this party started!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?659397-SW5E-IC-Eye-of-the-Storm-Episode-I-Dark-Horizons

truemane
2023-09-06, 08:53 PM
Duplicate post

disregard

truemane
2023-09-14, 10:50 PM
Nudge for Infernally Clay and RossN. If you're still available, please feel free to leap in.

truemane
2023-09-15, 10:33 PM
Dr.GunsforHands, I will take an Investigation Check, since you're specifically poking around.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-09-15, 11:30 PM
'kay!

[roll0]

Bobthewizard
2023-09-17, 12:21 PM
Truemane, I'm having trouble determining the risk of our two choices. I had assumed we would have some excuse to legitimately go there, and so following the order to dock makes more sense.

But if not, it might be better to avoid the cargo inspection. Or would that just likely get us shot out of the sky or hunted?

truemane
2023-09-18, 09:02 PM
Fair question.

The ship is expected, is carrying a valid cargo, and has a valid reason to be at the planet. He was expecting to land on a spacepad on the surface.

There are no defenses visible or obvious to any of you from where you are.

The ship has been asked to dock, so that's definitely safe. The question then becomes how to get down to the planet from there.

As far as weighing risk, Star Wars, as a genre is very much a 'pick a vaguely sensible plan and go to it at full speed' sort of genre. So I'm not going to give you a lot of situations that require heavy tactical thinking, or are death traps, or are 'gotchas' in any sort of unpleasant way.

Let me know if that makes sense, and/or if you need anything else.

truemane
2023-09-20, 09:02 AM
Hey all! Just letting you all know I'm at the tail end of audit season at work. So I might not be able to post anything until the weekend. I want to get this next scene set soon as I can, but it's a very busy week for me.

RossN
2023-09-20, 03:40 PM
Sorry for the absence truemane. I've been very busy for the past couple of weeks and I'll be away from my computer for this week on holiday which also makes things difficult. I'll try and have at least something up by the weekend!

truemane
2023-09-22, 02:44 PM
That's cool! I've had a busy couple of weeks as well. Catch up this weekend if you can it'll all be fine.

RossN
2023-09-23, 04:19 PM
Will I retcon Orana as being on the freighter or is it better to introduce her arriving on another ship or even on the station?

truemane
2023-09-23, 04:23 PM
Up to you. We can meet her on the station (that's the next scene). Or you're welcome to have been on the ship the whole time, and you can tuck into your intro post what you've been up to.

Benefits to both.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-09-25, 06:05 PM
I think the real fearsome Hutt around these parts goes by Arla, as per the note truemane gave me earlier. So, I'll mentally insert that instead of Bonono for Miko introducing us. Unless:

A) We fiat Bonono as Ziro and Arla's shared family name because it's funny
B) We're using an imaginary Bonono the Hutt as some kind of double-bluff
C) We change either Arla's or Lotho's name to Bonono, again because it's funny

I vote for A?

Bobthewizard
2023-09-25, 06:08 PM
I think the real fearsome Hutt around these parts goes by Arla, as per the note truemane gave me earlier. So, I'll mentally insert that instead of Bonono for Miko introducing us. Unless:

A) We fiat Bonono as Ziro and Arla's shared family name because it's funny
B) We're using an imaginary Bonono the Hutt as some kind of double-bluff
C) We change either Arla's or Lotho's name to Bonono, again because it's funny

I vote for A?

I can change my post to Arla. I must have misread something in your backstory.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-09-25, 06:47 PM
I can change my post to Arla. I must have misread something in your backstory.

I imagine it's because I used the name on my sheet before truemane gave me the lore and left it in a couple of places. I should probably make sure it's fixed there, too.

Dusk Raven
2023-09-29, 11:07 AM
Apologies for my silence, I was out of town for a funeral and... it's taken a bit of time to get back into the swing of things, apparently.

truemane
2023-10-01, 11:17 AM
Apologies for my silence, I was out of town for a funeral and... it's taken a bit of time to get back into the swing of things, apparently.
That's fine. We've all been there. Come on back in when you can.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-10-01, 02:15 PM
Any votes on how we get to the surface? Ziro likes the ideas of paying for discretion and riding on a cargo shipment, but I don't want to unilaterally pull the whole party into that silliness.

Bobthewizard
2023-10-01, 02:21 PM
I was deferring to you, but I like that plan.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-10-06, 07:18 AM
I am on vacation this week and finding time to post has been tricky. I should be able to write more on Monday, but if we are okay with the plan then there’s no need to wait for me.

truemane
2023-10-09, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to close this game down, everyone.

The rocky start was my fault. It was bad timing on my part, with the office move and audit season.

And I haven't been able to recapture the momentum or maintain the excitement.

I'm sorry for that. Thank you all for the time and effort you've all put in.

Bobthewizard
2023-10-10, 05:17 AM
Unfortunately, I'm going to close this game down, everyone.

The rocky start was my fault. It was bad timing on my part, with the office move and audit season.

And I haven't been able to recapture the momentum or maintain the excitement.

I'm sorry for that. Thank you all for the time and effort you've all put in.

I understand. I don't think it was your fault. You gave us lots of options to interact with. If you ever want to try SW5e again, let me know.

Dusk Raven
2023-10-11, 01:01 AM
I'm sad to hear that, and I'm also sad about contributing to that loss of momentum. I just... kept being absent, and also am playing a character who isn't going to initiate much outside of combat.

I would make a SW5e game myself, but... well, I've wound up running two campaigns IRL, and while I'd probably be fine as far as material goes if I re-used a prompt, I'm still concerned about people losing interest... myself among them. I won't say it's completely off the table, though.

truemane
2023-10-11, 08:40 AM
It happens. It's the weird alchemy of PbP games. Sometimes they really catch fire and sometimes they don't.

It was an enjoyable experience learning the system and, even though I've used this basic premise before (Cool Person recruits Band of Misfits to establish Awesome Thing), this was the first time I've managed to make it work in Star Wars.

All good things.

Thanks again, everyone.