PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder So RL, I am going to a convention to participate in an EPIC DnD game, help please

samduke
2023-07-20, 07:58 AM
As the title says my local area is having a Convention and there is a table that I have paid to play at that is having an EPIC DnD Trisault game I expect gods to be thrown at us, and so I am asking for help

Game build rules as they have been posted & updated

this is a mix of 3.5 and Pathfinder 1e

The 3.5 and pathfinder Epic Source's are Banned

all 3rd party Banned

all Dragon/Dungeon Mag Banned

all forms of Leadership Banned

all pre-game crafting Banned

All Epic levels must be taken here :<Librim Eternia: Tome of Epic Prestige> (These are subject to PRE-Approval)
Chosen, Eternal, Godking, Magitech Savant, Mythic Commander, Temporal Wanderer, Voidkeeper - Currently Banned <more may become banned>
Otherwise All Other Homebrew Banned

Pathfinder Ban List
any class that uses or requires leadership
Akashic Mysteries
Arcforge
Background Skills
City of 7 Seraphs
Cthulhu Mythos
Gonzo
Heroes of the Jade Oath
Mythic Everything
Oaths
Pact Magic
Path of War
Strange Magic

3.5 Ban List
any class that uses or requires leadership
Artificer
Eurdite STP
Tome of Magic
<more may get added>

3.0 compatable sources must be Requested ""avoid these if possible""

32 point buy (Pathfinder System), Max HP every level
Must use Pathfinder classes if they are the same as 3.5 classes
Pathfinder Spheres & Psionics are approved
WOTC Sources only <must provide source locations>
Combining existing items of the same slot at 150% of cost for lower costed items
10,000,000 GP ( no limits on any one item )

Epic I have already gotten these Approved and they are locked in.
Legendary Dreadnought (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=13461609&postcount=10)
LD will give me the full bab, d12 HD and nice melee things

Perfect Wight fix (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=13461614&postcount=11)
PW will give me the 8+ and nice thief type things

Font of Life (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=13461730&postcount=24)
will give me the full epic casting and a lot of healing

With the above in mind, I am going with the old school style (Melee/Caster/Thief) mentality, with the following goals
Full BAB, All Good Saves, Full Casting, D12 8+, <all levels if it is possible, but not required>

Here is where you the playgrounder's come in.
There are probably 12 dozen ways to sunday, to get my goals in levels 1-20, I need a Masterclass Character Build, OP style, but not Pun-Pun, preferably one that works well with what I have for Epic Classes

Suggestions accepted
Build Stubs accepted,
But detailed explanations/arguments, Please Do not post them, keep it short and simple.

Thanx in advance

Kurald Galain
2023-07-20, 08:16 AM
With the above in mind, I am going with the old school style (Melee/Caster/Thief) mentality, with the following goals
Full BAB, All Good Saves, Full Casting, D12 8+, <all levels if it is possible, but not required>
Ok, what's missing from this list is

(a) at this level, you should try to have one ability score apply to as many things as possible. For instance, in PF you can have charisma added to your attack rolls, saving throws, initiative, AC, and all knowledge skills (and probably a few things more). Then of course go with a cha-based caster with 20 base + levelup boosts + headband + tome; and all your numbers are good.

(b) at this level, you basically want to be throwing around high-level spells as much as possible, meaning you won't be using your weapon much, meaning BAB is largely irrelevant. Gish builds are nice in theory and at lower level, but in practice here you're an uber caster who just so happens to hold a sword. Don't focus on the sword, it's the least important part here.

(c) focus on maximizing your ACTION ECONOMY.

Curbludgeon
2023-07-20, 08:34 AM
To be clear:
Are Pathfinder Psionics and Spheres allowed?
Are Pathfinder Psionic classes considered to replace their 3.5 equivalents?
Is this page the current Librim Eternia (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?247756-Librim-Eternia-Tome-of-Epic-Prestige-(Completed))?

Rynjin
2023-07-20, 11:17 AM
Yeah, that confused me. "All 3rd party banned" followed by a list of banned 3rd party and allowed 3rd party sources. Which is it?

samduke
2023-07-20, 01:27 PM
To be clear:
Are Pathfinder Psionics and Spheres allowed?
Are Pathfinder Psionic classes considered to replace their 3.5 equivalents?
Is this page the current Librim Eternia (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?247756-Librim-Eternia-Tome-of-Epic-Prestige-(Completed))?

Yeah, that confused me. "All 3rd party banned" followed by a list of banned 3rd party and allowed 3rd party sources. Which is it?

yeah it was the way it was listed - copy paste

Yes Pathfinder Psionics and Spheres allowed, and yes the psionic like regular 3.5 classes pathfinder to be used over the 3.5 version

yes that Librim Eternia

@ Kurald Galain
I had my reasons for the full bab, saves, casting ect... as I figure gods are to be thrown at the group, divine powers and or anti magic zones, I need a solid backup way to cause damage that is not a spell

Tenativly I have worked up this stub as if fills most of my requirements, but there is no full casting, So the race & classes are not set in stone, just the Librim Eternia classes and any changes to those I would need to get new approval for anything different

ECL 30
Race Assimar
Alignment: Any non-evil
Oracle 20/ Font of Life 10
Warblade 3/ Sentinel (spheres) 15/Warblade +2/ Legendary Dreadnaught 10
Unchained Rogue 20/ Perfect Wight 10

Rynjin
2023-07-20, 01:43 PM
What might be a fun build for you if you want the full "Mage, Caster, Thief" trio in one character is to go Rage Prophet.

So something like Bloodrager (Totemist, to grab Moment of Clarity; Spheres Bloodrager) 20///Oracle (Lunar; Spheres Oracle) 20///Conscript (Spheres).

Making both Bloodrager and oracle Spheres lets you just stack the levels for the purpose of Talents; instead of getting nerfed arcane casting, you just get extra talents with a full caster level. Conscript can be used to grab stuff from the Scoundrel Sphere, which is actually pretty darn strong, and then grab other combat Spheres to shore up your combat abilities in other areas.

samduke
2023-07-20, 06:54 PM
What might be a fun build for you if you want the full "Mage, Caster, Thief" trio in one character is to go Rage Prophet.

So something like Bloodrager (Totemist, to grab Moment of Clarity; Spheres Bloodrager) 20///Oracle (Lunar; Spheres Oracle) 20///Conscript (Spheres).

Making both Bloodrager and oracle Spheres lets you just stack the levels for the purpose of Talents; instead of getting nerfed arcane casting, you just get extra talents with a full caster level. Conscript can be used to grab stuff from the Scoundrel Sphere, which is actually pretty darn strong, and then grab other combat Spheres to shore up your combat abilities in other areas.

all interesting as a whole but several pieces do not seem to work out for me.

having checked for updates I now see several more things approved and banned

so I altered my stub

Race: Assimar < Is there something better race wise ??

Wizard (Exploiter, Pact) 20/ Veneficus Optima 10
Warblade 3/ Sentinel (Paragon) 20/ Warblade +2/ Legendary Dreadnaught 10
Unchained Rogue (Trapsmith) 20/ Perfect Wight 10

Elenian
2023-07-21, 04:47 AM
The wizard/veneficus part of that build can cast three 17th level spells per round. Without any optimization - that's just what the class features do. I honestly have no useful insight on dnd played at that level, and I'm not sure how many other people do either. I assume one round of combat would take about two hours to resolve and end with some combatants on flowing time demiplanes and others having been wished into an antimagic field in the heart of a star. Or something.

Rynjin
2023-07-21, 10:12 AM
The wizard/veneficus part of that build can cast three 17th level spells per round. Without any optimization - that's just what the class features do. I honestly have no useful insight on dnd played at that level, and I'm not sure how many other people do either. I assume one round of combat would take about two hours to resolve and end with some combatants on flowing time demiplanes and others having been wished into an antimagic field in the heart of a star. Or something.

Yeah, this is why games like this are A.) limited to oneshots and B.) the perfect chance to play something low op but fun, with the charop rules themselves giving you enough raw power to hack it.

Because if you don't do B.), you're not really going to have a game to play.