PDA

View Full Version : ultimates 3

assassin8
2007-12-07, 08:23 AM
all I got to say is wow... Anyone else read it?

Selrahc
2007-12-07, 09:16 AM
Thor talking in archaic again? Ugh. I kind of liked the modern speaking Thor.
Black Panther was just a cameo. Need to see more of him.
Clint seemed almost entirely different in personality. Before he was the essence of a competent professional, now hes a lot less so. Which I guess is understandable, but still...

Overall, lots of WTF? moments. Which I hope will be filled in later. Also, I kind of think they crammed rather a lot into this issue, and it could maybe benefit from a slower pacing.

It could be a good foundation. But as a standalone issue, I wasn't overly impressed.

W Herzog Zwei
2007-12-07, 09:36 AM
Well...

I had no expectations whatsoever, and somehow they managed to make the book even more horrible than I ever imagined. There was no redeeming value at all in the writing - but that I already expected, based on what Loeb has been churning out lately. But when he just pretty much throws all the characterization from the first two volumes out with the bathwater, it gets even worse than regular Loeb.

Joe Q's art is nice, but the departure from the realistic style of Hitch is too much, so even that doesn't make the book worth reading.

I would really like to say this was the worst book of 2007, but there has surely been something worse this year if one counts the art as a bonus here. Can't think of anything right now, but there might still might be something...

Anyway, first the rushed (and delayed at the same time) ending of Vol 2, and now this. Ultimates had a good run for one and two-thirds of a volume, now it's time for me to say goodbye to the Ultimate universe as a whole (never much anything but Ultimates and some very random U X-men).