PDA

View Full Version : Magical stone gate

voisin4
2023-07-21, 11:03 AM
I want to enchant a huge granite door (20'h*15'w*3't)
I want to build a wall with huge gate, but I want to be +1 somehow for the The AC, hardness, hit points and break DC.

The gate has per normal material have the following stats:
hardness: 8
hp: 540
break dc: 50 str
granite: 170lb/foot^3
weight: 153'000 lb
worth: 1/4 of iron=0.025gp/lb-->3'825gp

I plan to lift the stone using 4 horse with a pulley/mechanical advantage of 20:1 (horse 10x further than diameter of the shaft + 1:2 pulley ratio) push force --> 1913 lb/horse, horse 16 strength push/drag = 3450 lb

the Enchantment will prevent any spell like: Transmute Rock to Mud, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Shape (maby save from disintegrate??)

anyway a disintegrate spell only do 10ft^3 that meen 5 cast for a normal size door for medium creature.

Can I also give it some spell resist at the cost of 12 + 10'000gp * +1 min of +13?

I also guess that i will need magical chain to be able to lift this monster...
I have found for a good steel chain 1" proof coil chain, ultimate tensile strength of 70,300-89,900 lb/in² and a yield strength of 37,700 lb/in²
4 chain meen 38'250lb per chain...

Please help me i put some time and effort on this and I cannot find any answer!! thanks in advance!!

Clause
2023-07-21, 05:51 PM
Dwarvencrafted template, augments HPs and jardiness.

Oerthblood gives any metal it is moltened the properties of adamantine. And wou can use it in greenstar metal for doubled capacity on hardiness and hp.

There is a spell.. HARDEN, if i correctly remember. This spell DOUBLEs subjects HP and hardiness

Jack_Simth
2023-07-21, 11:28 PM
Assuming 3.X?
Stronghold Builder's Guide has wall augmentations that could apply, including "Magically Treated"
Anything can be a weapon for something that's big enough. Could just enchant it as one that way.
Arcane Lock adds ten to the break DC.
Maybe the door is actually a Permanent Animated Object. That permits you to cast many more buff spells on it (possibly via Boon traps in the doorframe).
Maybe the door is actually a mimic. And of course, it's hungry when you encounter it.

voisin4
2023-07-22, 01:05 AM
Anything can be a weapon for something that's big enough. Could just enchant it as one that way.

Is this means I can pay only 1'000 go for a +1 and gain protection from all transmutation spell?

I don't mind desintegration to much because the effect is small and they will need 5 to carve a medium size door.

voisin4
2023-07-22, 01:15 AM
Dwarvencrafted template, augments HPs and jardiness.

Oerthblood gives any metal it is moltened the properties of adamantine. And wou can use it in greenstar metal for doubled capacity on hardiness and hp.

There is a spell.. HARDEN, if i correctly remember. This spell DOUBLEs subjects HP and hardiness

Thanks for the good advice!

Hardening spell is crazy good for my purposes.
For every two caster levels, increase by 1 the hardness of the material targeted by the spell
And cover a good volume. I will need to cast it 6 time for the entire door.

Oerthblood is supper expensive hahaha I think I will take the dravencraft route for the chain.

I cannot find greenstar metal tho. In what book or where can I find it?

Jack_Simth
2023-07-22, 07:04 PM
Is this means I can pay only 1'000 go for a +1 and gain protection from all transmutation spell?

You need to convince your DM that you're masterwork first. A masterwork stone door isn't too terribly out there, a masterwork PC is. But most of the time, it's just granting a save, and as a character, you generally get those anyway.

InvisibleBison
2023-07-22, 10:12 PM

Anything can be wielded as a weapon by something big enough, but unless it was crafted for the purpose of being a weapon then it's an improvised weapon, and improvised weapons cannot be masterwork weapons and thus cannot be enchanted as weapons.

Buufreak
2023-07-23, 12:50 AM
You need to convince your DM that you're masterwork first. A masterwork stone door isn't too terribly out there, a masterwork PC is. But most of the time, it's just granting a save, and as a character, you generally get those anyway.

Imagine making high DC skill checks daily during gestation. This may be in fact how you become a racial paragon.

Clause
2023-07-23, 01:11 AM
I cannot find greenstar metal tho. In what book or where can I find it?

Its from COMPLETE ARCANE. Same metal used for greenstar adept prestige ckass. Has the same characteristics os adamant, plus +1d6 damage vs extraplanars