PDA

View Full Version : Master, the perfect build

Clause
2023-07-21, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, i'm a real big fan of the MASTER. A class from dragonlance age of mortals. Their principal powers are named Knacs, and they distinguish a master from another. Nut the 20 class levels, only give us 5 knacs. There are ways to get more of them?? Prestige class, feats and others.

All oficial 3.5 and 3.0 books are avalid. But not PF, dragon mag, nor darg comlendium.

Ive thinking about squire of legends or mythic exemplar, but not sure if the progress is valid for knacs.

Any one of yours can help me to find a way?

"Spoiler" https://srd.dndtools.org/srd/classes/baseDragonlance/master.html

Curbludgeon
2023-07-21, 01:45 PM
I don't know if or how one can gain more knacks.

Master has 8 skill points from somewhat limited lists, so some builds could arguably incorporate a 1 level dip. The 1st level Performer knacks aren't limited in daily uses as are bardic music. Academic Reputation would let a sage/wizard replace Cha with Int for social checks regarding Knowledge(Arcana), or replace that with Bardic Knowledge. An X3/Professional1 can have a cohort.

At 2nd level they gain a feat.(Acrobatic, Agile, Alertness, Animal Affinity, Athletic, Deceitful, Deft Hands, Diligent, Greater Improvise Weapon, Improvise Weapon, Investigator, Magical Aptitude, Negotiator, Nimble Fingers, Persuasive, Self-Sufficient, Skill Focus, Stealthy). There's a decent shot that can fill a prereq.

Rebel7284
2023-07-21, 05:15 PM
Cunning Brilliance would allow you to use a full set of Knacks on a factotum at level 19. Sadly as it's only available for 1 minute, you probably can't use the crafting ones without some serious shenanigans.

Clause
2023-07-21, 07:21 PM
Cunning Brilliance would allow you to use a full set of Knacks on a factotum at level 19. Sadly as it's only available for 1 minute, you probably can't use the crafting ones without some serious shenanigans.

Can it be used in conjunction with the FABRICATE spell??