View Full Version : Pathfinder Gestalt Necromancer build for a deliberately OP campaign?

Necropolitan
2023-07-21, 08:49 PM
I'm joining my first gestalt campaign and the GM not only wants to be OP, he also placed several rules in place to all but ensure we'll achieve that.
It's an open-world domination campaign in a fantasy setting the players are already familiar with so there's no problem in becoming a one-man/woman army.
I want to do a necromancer build that is both powerful and fun to use in this style of open world campaign, like a Grave Knight that jumps into battle along with it's platoon of skilled undead soldiers.

What the GM allows us:
7th level Gestalt character with one template CR 2 or below.

7th level character with two templates both CR 2 or below.

Monstrous race with 4 HD, and 3rd level gestalt character.

Monstrous race with 2 HD, and 5th level gestalt character.

Or a mixup of the options above.

AND

Everyone gets to roll 5d6 keeping the top 4 (I rolled a 23,20,20,21,16,18. Not counting with race/class modifiers) and since a Grave Knight has 0 con because it's undead I'll ditch that 16 and only keep the better rolls.

No Tax Feats.

3 traits.

You all get one extra feat and a special custom skill that I'll let you decide, but you gotta discuss it with me first.

7th level characters. Roll for all hit points but 1st level which is max

We're also starting with 50,000 gold

So far what I've come up with:
Grave Knight Peri-blooded Aasimar
Dual curse Juju Oracle (5 levels)/ ??? (2 levels)
Battemage Magus (7 levels)

Feats: Charnel soldiers, Spell focus (necromancy), Spell specialization (Animate Dead)
Traits: Magical Knack (Oracle)

The seven levels for the Battlemage are there because I'm gonna need heavy armour and martial weapons since I'm intending to be a Grave Knight

As you can see I don't know which class I should take for the two levels I want to combine with Juju Oracle nor what my two other traits should be, I've seem people say Agent of the Grave, Mysthic Theurge, Lord of the Dead, even Exalted of Kabriri for the two extra create undead once a day.