PDA

View Full Version : Funny random thought [spoiler]

Green-Shirt Q
2007-12-07, 10:36 AM
In comic 295, It says that Belkar's Illusion, (the one that is in the Cell to fool Palidins in order to belive he is still in jail) is permanent.

Does this mean that, Now that the castle has expolded, the Illusion of a Halfling will just foat around and insult Hobbo's.

Tempest Fennac
2007-12-07, 10:50 AM
That is a good point (unless RC or Xykon were able to Dispell it).

Paladin29
2007-12-07, 10:51 AM
hahahaa,,,, itīd be funny...:smallsmile:

Belkar: random racist insult

hobbo1: for the dark one!! i cannot bear it for one more second..

hobbo2: take it easy Bill, itīs what he wants... ignore him.

Belkar: doubts about your heterosexuality

hobbo1: aaaarrrgg ...that is it!!

XDD

wojonatior
2007-12-07, 10:52 AM
that would be interesting beacuse then there might be a distraction for haley and belkar.

Tempest Fennac
2007-12-07, 10:53 AM
Wouldn't it be floating in midair while not being able to move, though? I don't think Haley or Belkar would be able to take control of it without help.

Belkar Rocks
2007-12-07, 11:02 AM
Ha! That would be funny!

Although, how is an illusion anchored? I'm thinking that rather than remaining in mid-air, it would move along with the falling stones that had made up the cell, thus being somewhere in the rubble pile more or less in the middle of where they all ended up.

Tempest Fennac
2007-12-07, 11:04 AM
I assumed it was programmed to stay in 1 area all the time (I don't play D&D though, so I could be misunderstanding how the spell works).

Umbra
2007-12-07, 11:18 AM
I assume that the illusion is a Major Image (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/majorImage.htm), and would therefore have expired by now, unless the original caster is still concentrating on the spell.

chibibar
2007-12-07, 11:26 AM
didn't Eugene cast it? (assuming) so.... with "epic inside" he can keep it up indefinitely? ;)

Greg
2007-12-07, 11:55 AM
Roy states (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0295.html) that it is a permanant illusion, which I would take to mean a permanent image. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/permanentImage.htm)

chibibar
2007-12-07, 12:02 PM
so it is floating then unless Eugene concentrate from scrying and move it.

SteveMB
2007-12-07, 12:04 PM
The question is how "fixed location" is defined -- would the image be in midair where the cell used to be (and thus probably not noticeable to anyone on the ground) or in the rubble where the cell is now?

chibibar
2007-12-07, 12:38 PM
The question is how "fixed location" is defined -- would the image be in midair where the cell used to be (and thus probably not noticeable to anyone on the ground) or in the rubble where the cell is now?

that would be upto the GM I guess (in this case Rich) since you could "anchor" the spell in a space (hence hovering in mid air if you want to) Or tie the spell to a specific stone.

I presume instead of locking to a specific item, the spell would be lock into the "space" instead.

David Argall
2007-12-07, 01:33 PM
I would say the explosion of the Gate acted pretty much as a dispel/disrupt magic for the whole castel area and the image was destroyed.

chibibar
2007-12-07, 02:35 PM
I would say the explosion of the Gate acted pretty much as a dispel/disrupt magic for the whole castel area and the image was destroyed.

that is matter of interpretation.

If I anchor a spell on a rock and the rock is destroy then yes. I would agree.

But if I anchor a spell to a space, that space is not destroy and thus the illusion persist.

The only exception IF the explosion ALSO has a builtin dispel magic on it too.

Heroic
2007-12-07, 06:33 PM
THAT would be funny. Personally, I think that, as said before, wth epic insie it could not be dispelled yt, but I think it would have followd a particlar rock to the ground. SO now it' either visible and insuting hobbs or under a rock.

Green-Shirt Q
2007-12-07, 07:56 PM
I'm probably sure it is some kind of Image spell, but made permanent with a permanency spell.

I also belive the illusion would be floating where the ground used to be, since illusions arn't generally effected by gravity unless it was programmed in. I doubt Engene would program it to be effected by gravity because it isn't really nessesary in a jail cell.

Regneva
2007-12-08, 01:15 PM
I think they must have dispelled it off panel way before Xykon attacked since Belkar visited the prison before the battle and it would look a bit suspicious to have 2 Belkars in the prison. (Or one in prison while the other is in the throne room or on the city wall)