PDA

View Full Version : The Vanguard Consortium [OOC]

BelGareth
2023-07-25, 05:15 PM
The Vanguard Consortium

https://i.imgur.com/dRApQwF.png

The Vanguard Consortium is a renowned planar-wide mercenary company known for its high-level teams and exceptional efficiency in completing missions. It operates as an independent entity, not affiliated with any particular faction, and is respected for its neutrality and impartiality. The company's base of operations is located in a bustling metropolis called Veridium, a city situated at the crossroads of various planes. Veridium is a hub for interplanar trade and diplomacy, making it an ideal location for The Vanguard Consortium to attract clients and maintain a diverse pool of talent.

The Vanguard Consortium fosters a merit-based culture, where teams are assigned missions based on their performance, reputation, and the needs of the organization. Exceptional achievements and successful completion of challenging missions can earn teams favors and rewards, such as access to rare resources, specialized training, or priority selection for high-profile contracts.

Here's my 16:

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Planar Star Trek missions

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
3-6 players + paradox26

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
17th level (136,000 XP) no LA buy off

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
400,000 gp +1 minor artifact for the team.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or home-brewed classes?
No brew.

Hexblade class fix http://irongamersguild.wikidot.com/forum/t-248314/unofficial-fix-for-hexblades-from-an-official-source
Shadow caster fix http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=11610.msg397441#msg397441

Double mysteries per day
Mysteries are Int based
Mysteries = Spells and CL = Arcane CL for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes
Add Sleight of Hand and Use Magic Device to class skills.
Fundamentals At Will at level 10

Sohei 3.5 update (dragon magazine 318)
Binder - online vestiges are fair game

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow home-brewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Humanoids preferred

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
32 point buy, max HP 1st level, 3/4 (rounded up) or rolled thereafter (re-rolling 1's)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is in place for spells and spell affects. I'm lenient on Alignment restricted classes and Paladins have a more grey area.
Alignment is like the Pirate code, it's more of a guideline than an actual set of rules.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Have at, no penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
DM will make his rolls and some of the players, Players, will make their rolls most of the time.

13. Are there any home-brewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Every class increases their skill points by 2 every level
Feats every other level
Teleportation is blocked by force effects.
Gates work on the same plane
Retroactive skill points
Max 2 flaws (Dragon magazine flaws preferred, please request with edition number)
Fractional BAB and saves (only receive the +2 once per save)
up to 2 traits
1 xp = 5 gp for crafting and spells (no costly spell components)
This VoP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16949396&postcount=15)
0% Psionic-Magic transparency
Tongues/Speak language affect don't work as per the spells, I will give you an interpretation of the language. (comes out to great RP and effects)
No PvP
Essentia investment is 1/4 levels, instead of 1/5 levels.
No early entry
No bloodlines
No truenaming
No item familiars (sentient items are fine)

Bonus points for unused PRC's

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, skirt length is fine.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?
Mostly hack and slash and role play.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Any 3.5 WoTC and only WoTC, no brew whatsoever, so please do not ask.
Dragon compendium is fine
Dragonlance is not
Dragon magazine is not
3.0 is not

Format for Posting:

Speech will be in your chosen color.
Thought will be in Italics in your chosen color.
Character actions shall be in black.

Like so:

Griff decided he wasn't going to go without a fight;
"Hey! you, I don't think so!"
Oh I hope he doesn't know how to fight!

In the hushed corridors of the Consortium's headquarters, an air of anticipation hangs heavy as your team gathers for a meeting with Director Lysander Voss. Whispers of a clandestine summons have reached your ears, fueling curiosity and stirring excitement within each of you. As you enter the meeting chamber, you find Voss standing before an illuminated holographic display, his charismatic presence captivating your attention.

"Esteemed champions of The Vanguard Consortium," Voss begins, his voice resonating with confidence and authority. "You have proven yourselves time and again, carving a path of heroism and victory across the planes. Your loyalty and unmatched skills have brought you to the precipice of an opportunity unlike any other."

He pauses, his piercing gaze fixed on each of you, his words tinged with an undercurrent of mystery. "Today, I summon you not merely as members of the Consortium, but as seekers of truth and defenders of balance. There exists a veil of shadow, a dark shroud that threatens to consume the realms of light. Behind this veil lies an ancient sanctuary, a place where enlightenment and martial prowess were once celebrated."

The holographic display behind Voss flickers, briefly showing images of an ancient monastery shrouded in darkness, hinting at the challenges that await. However, as he continues speaking, a subtle shift occurs in Voss's expression, a flicker of hidden emotions that goes unnoticed by most.

"This is an urgent matter that requires the utmost discretion," Voss continues, his charismatic charm masking a hidden agenda. "The invitation you are about to receive will lead you to a place steeped in corruption and fallen honor. A beacon of light has dimmed, its once-pure teachings twisted by malevolence. The task before you is to pierce the veil, face the darkness within, and reclaim the true essence of what was lost."

He extends a hand, revealing an ornate envelope sealed with a sigil representing balance and resilience. "Inside this envelope, you will find the summoning. Embrace its call and let the path to redemption unfold. Know that your courage and unwavering commitment to justice are what shall guide you through the trials that lie ahead."

As you accept the envelope, a sense of purpose resonates within you. The mysteries and dangers that await become a tempting lure, pushing you to embark on a journey that promises to test your limits and redefine the meaning of honor. However, little do you know that within the depths of the Consortium's leadership, lies a dark secret that may threaten everything you hold dear.

Gather your gear, prepare your minds, and steel your spirits, for the veil of shadow beckons. Will you answer its call and unveil the secrets that lie within, even if it means confronting the very leader who summoned you? The choice, my esteemed champions, is yours to make.

Player
Sheet
speech
Stub

paradox26
Gruk, Lord Stormshadow (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2812864)
?
Whisper Gnome

Xanyo
Luna Rosefrost (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2814308)
?
Silverbrow Human, Unseelie Fey

TK
Rina the Pink/Rina the Firefrog (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2811104)
?
Grippli

Archemist
Xannifer Braga (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2811966)
?
Dream Dwarf

watupwithdat
Immith Dyernina (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2816064)
?
Human Rashemen

Auranghzeb
Bandar Log (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2812237)
?
Duskling

IC thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?658177-The-Vanguard-Consortium-IC)
Recruitment thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657391-3-5-high-level-game-recruiting)

The Vanguard Consortium's Prime Directive of Planar Interaction:

Non-Interference: The Consortium shall refrain from directly interfering in the affairs of native civilizations and worlds within the planes. The preservation of natural progression and cultural evolution is paramount, allowing societies to develop organically.
Observance and Study: The Consortium may discreetly observe and study various planes, civilizations, and phenomena to expand knowledge and understanding. Such observation should be conducted unobtrusively and without undue influence.
Protection of Planar Balance: The Consortium shall strive to preserve the delicate balance and harmony within the planes. Actions that disrupt or threaten the equilibrium of the multiverse should be avoided, and measures taken to correct imbalances when possible.
Containment of Malevolent Forces: Malevolent entities and dark forces that pose a significant threat to the planes shall be contained and neutralized, ensuring the safety and stability of innocent civilizations.
Conservation of Unique Artifacts: The Consortium may acquire and safeguard unique artifacts and sources of magical energy for the greater good. Such items shall be secured and protected to prevent misuse or exploitation.
Collaboration and Diplomacy: When engaging with intelligent beings from other planes, the Consortium shall prioritize diplomacy, cooperation, and mutual understanding. Conflict should be a last resort, only utilized in cases of self-defense or defense of innocent lives.
Preservation of Secret Realms: The existence of hidden or secluded planes, realms, or sacred sites shall be respected and kept undisclosed to prevent undue disruption or exploitation.
Ethical Use of Magic: Magical practices and spells shall be conducted responsibly, adhering to moral and ethical standards. The Consortium shall not employ magic for malevolent or unethical purposes.
Respect for Planar Inhabitants: The Consortium shall treat all planar inhabitants, sentient or not, with respect and empathy. They shall honor local customs, beliefs, and traditions, avoiding actions that may cause offense or harm.
Sharing Knowledge Wisely: The dissemination of knowledge and technology to less advanced civilizations shall be approached with caution. Knowledge should be shared responsibly, considering its potential impact on the society and environment.
Non-Domination: The Consortium shall not seek to dominate or control entire planes or civilizations. The objective is to preserve freedom, autonomy, and self-determination for all sentient beings.
Secrecy and Discretion: The activities and knowledge of the Consortium shall remain highly confidential. Sharing information outside the organization should only be done with great care and deliberation.

The Prime Directive serves as the ethical and moral foundation that guides the Vanguard Consortium's actions and interactions with the planes they encounter. It emphasizes a philosophy of respect, preservation, and cautious exploration to ensure that their influence contributes positively to the multiverse's overall well-being.

BelGareth
2023-07-25, 05:28 PM
watupwithdat and Archemist, what are your Discord usernames so i can add you to the OOC and other threads

tonberryking
2023-07-25, 05:36 PM
Claiming this color for Rina b/c the Pink Is too glaring for this site's color scheme.

So, how well do we know one another? Rina probably doesn't make friends easily (if at all) but she's reliable in that she only endangers herself, not others... but she also has a pretty big secret...

The Slaad who mutated her wasn't kidding.

Rina isn't a grippli despite superficial resemblances and physical capabilities.

She really IS a unique, pink Slaad. All her magical powers stem from the new nature of her body. **She does not know this about herself** but she does register as a chaotic outsider b/c she's a slaad (and, presumably, cannot have slaad eggs implanted in her by other slaads since she already is one. I hope.)

She also went somewhere, possibly to a different plane of existence and traded the memories of what she once looked like for an evil slaying sword that would keep her alive as long as possible to some otherworldly denizen. No regrets so far on that one!

Archemist
2023-07-25, 06:44 PM
watupwithdat and Archemist, what are your Discord usernames so i can add you to the OOC and other threads

Glad to be here! I'm eleody on Discord.

I'm thinking our characters probably know each other decently well if we're going to be an "efficient team" in the Vanguard. Plus, high-level characters usually have been around long enough to have built up a bit of a reputation at the very least.

BelGareth
2023-07-25, 06:54 PM
Glad to be here! I'm eleody on Discord.

I'm thinking our characters probably know each other decently well if we're going to be an "efficient team" in the Vanguard. Plus, high-level characters usually have been around long enough to have built up a bit of a reputation at the very least.

Can you join the server? Link is in my sig.

watupwithdat
2023-07-25, 07:01 PM
Teal seems wintery and druidic enough for a good fit.

Will be interesting to see how the cold synergies play out, as both Immith and Luna has Snowcasting.

Xanyo
2023-07-25, 07:09 PM
For Luna Rosefrost's speech, I will claim Fire Brick.

Taking a look at party composition, we have:

Luna Rosefrost - glass cannon caster, has a good shot at one hit KOs and big debuffs
Rina - well rounded gish, high AC and damage output
Gruk - theurge caster, looks like a lot of utility and maybe debuff? has travel magic and basic healing covered
Xannifer - martial, light gish, looks like somewhat of a charger
Immith - wintry druid
Bandar - well rounded gish, high AC and damage output

paradox26
2023-07-25, 11:28 PM
I will take Medium Green for my colour. I haven't been on Discord in ages. Will have to get used to it again.

Archemist
2023-07-26, 12:03 AM
Right, colors. Since Fire Brick, Medium Green, Teal, and Purple are taken, Xannifer will go with Medium Blue.

Auranghzeb
2023-07-26, 03:03 AM
Golden Rod seems appropriate for a poet

I Really like the group, a soft spot for the Hatran Witch and the Champion of Gwynharwyf.