PDA

View Full Version : Iterative attacks and polearm master question

herrhauptmann
2023-07-29, 07:43 PM
Quick question about Polearm Master.

At 5th level melee characters get a second attack. If they have the polearm master feat, does that mean a full attack is 3 attacks or 4? 2 Glaive/spear and 1 or 2 haft attacks?
I'm pretty sure it's 3 attacks, but want to be sure.

JackPhoenix
2023-07-29, 07:45 PM
You only get one bonus action per turn.

Pixel_Kitsune
2023-07-29, 09:42 PM
As Jack said. 1 BA so 3 attacks in total.

The thing to keep in mind is it's not "You now attack twice." it's "When you take the attack action you make one additional attack."

So you have an Action and a Bonus Action in a turn.

Before level 5 you would make 1 regular Glaive Attack with your Action and 1 haft attack with your Bonus Action.

At level 5+ you would make 2 regular Glaive Attacks with your Action and 1 haft attack with your Bonus Action.

JackPhoenix
2023-07-30, 05:52 AM
As Jack said. 1 BA so 3 attacks in total.

The thing to keep in mind is it's not "You now attack twice." it's "When you take the attack action you make one additional attack."

So you have an Action and a Bonus Action in a turn.

Before level 5 you would make 1 regular Glaive Attack with your Action and 1 haft attack with your Bonus Action.

At level 5+ you would make 2 regular Glaive Attacks with your Action and 1 haft attack with your Bonus Action.

Ah, thanks... I haven't even considered this angle, I thought OP's asking if he gets a BA attack per every attack he does with his main action, not if Extra Attack applies to the BA attacks.