PDA

View Full Version : The definitive armoured guy

Clause
2023-07-30, 09:47 AM
I m playing a
9th level human.MASTER (smithing), in a campaing with some time to do things.
My feats: mercantile backgound( regional) eficient defender (cityscape), dodge, grell alchemy (lords of madness), skill focus blacksmithing as a class bonus feat, parrying shield(heroes of battle), dragoncrafter(draconomicon), skill focus(UMD).

I have the knacs to aprimorate my masterwork creations and one to use my superior craft in order to other craft skills.
In my backstory, my father have going to other countries and learned other cultures weapons and armors crafting, and whrirte a book about, )and a have a copy).

Now i have maded a ,Dhenuka (OA,medium, rhino hide with 4AC) with the bamboo reinforced plus, a charchar aina(OA), a dastana(OA), greaves(sword and fist), shoulders and gladiators helm.(sword and fist). And a hide shield (arms and equipament guide, +3CA). all the hide things were substituted by twistleddon/shadowsilk. At lvl 8.
It give me a total AC of 10+ 6(bamboo reinforceddhenuka)+1dastana+1 charchar aina+1gladiators healm+1greaves +1soulders. And +3 hide shield= 24 total.

The question is: when i use the benefit of the eficient defender feat, alll my stacking armor bonuses will augment by +1, for a total of +6 bonus, or only a simple +1bonus at the total?
The same is valid for magical enhancements for each armor?

H_H_F_F
2023-07-30, 01:26 PM
Efficient defender works on your armor, so the shield is irrelevant. You do have a RAW case for the Chahar Aina and the Dastana, which use "other armor" in theur description, implying they're armor despite showing up under a seperate title in the table - or you would have that case, but you can't wear them by RAW. They only work on top of the listed armor, and you're not wearing one of those. In addition, they don't stack with each other, given that they explicitly only stack with the foundation armor and the shield.

Don't know about the greaves and gladiator's helm, never ran into those. If you could give us a page number in Sword & Fist, we could look into those as well.

Leaving them aside for a moment, though, you need to replace your armor and to choose between the Chahar Aina and the Dastana (former has a better case, I think, because it's called four mirror armor), and you'd have a case for getting +2 from the feat, which is neat even if not particularly awesome.

Anthrowhale
2023-07-30, 02:14 PM
In addition, they don't stack with each other, given that they explicitly only stack with the foundation armor and the shield.
I hadn't seen the nonstacking argument before.

Dragon #318 page 42 discusses characters wearing Dastana + Chahar-Aina. It states that enhancement bonuses to these items do not stack, but that you can have different special properties applied to {base armor, chahar-aina, dastana} with results accumulating. It does not appear to address whether the basic +1 bonus stacks.