PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Bel OOC

Deadguy
2023-07-30, 03:33 PM
The House of the Inner Lotus
https://cdn.inprnt.com/thumbs/d0/ca/[email protected]?response-cache-control=max-age=2628000

You are a master of the arts of the Inner Lotus, responsible for the southern most shrine of the monistic group. Whether you are a dutiful servant, a lazy lout that uses his students to do menial tasks, or a cut-throat who will only stop once you achieve Grand Master. You have sworn fealty and obedience to the Grand Master herself, Ionia Zella, and the House of the Inner Lotus.

Recently there have been rumors of the northern most shrine coming under attack. This would be worrisome, except the northern tribes are chaotic and fractured. There might simply be regional disputes which are interrupting messages. At least that was your first thoughts until your own shrine was besieged by twisted and terrible soldiers, the likes of which you've never encountered before.

https://c4.wallpaperflare.com/wallpaper/852/895/760/fantasy-art-chaos-warrior-warhammer-wallpaper-preview.jpg

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Home-brewed setting, special agents of the crown

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
Bel is Bel.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
21st level, leveling through story arcs

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
975000 gp, no item more than 1/3 of starting wealth (12k)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No brew.

Hexblade class fix http://irongamersguild.wikidot.com/forum/t-248314/unofficial-fix-for-hexblades-from-an-official-source
Shadow caster fix http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=11610.msg397441#msg397441

Double mysteries per day
Mysteries are Int based
Mysteries = Spells and CL = Arcane CL for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes
Add Sleight of Hand and Use Magic Device to class skills.
Fundamentals At Will at level 10

online vestiges are fair game

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Humanoids preferred

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
32 point buy, max HP 1st level, 3/4 (rounded up) or rolled thereafter (re-rolling 1's)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is in place for spells and spell affects. I'm lenient on Alignment restricted classes and Paladins have a more grey area.
Alignment is like the Pirate code, it's more of a guideline than actual set of rules.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Have at, no penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
DM will make his rolls and some of players, Players will make their rolls most of the time.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Every class increases their skill points by 2 every level
Feats every other level
Teleportation is blocked by force effects.
Gates work on the same plane
Retroactive skill points
Max 2 flaws (Dragon magazine flaws preferred, please request with edition number)
Fractional BAB and saves (only receive the +2 once per save)
up to 2 traits
1 xp = 5 gp for crafting and spells (no costly spell components)
This VoP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16949396&postcount=15)
0% Psionic-Magic transparency
Tongues/Speak language affect don't work as per the spells, I will give you an interpretation of the language. (comes out to great RP and effects)
No PvP
Essentia investment is 1/4 levels, instead of 1/5 levels.
No early entry
No bloodlines
No truenaming
No item familiars (sentient items are fine)

Additional changes:

Sneak attack functions on undead
Rangers can change their favored enemies with 8 hours of rest and 10 minutes of communing with nature
Flanking provides +1d6 of sneak attack damage (stacks) to anyone willing to use it. (Some may not want to)
Rogues (and only rogues) can trade sneak attack dice for critical hit multiplier at a ratio of 2:1 and vice versa, this must be made before an attack, and applies to all attacks that round. The maximum you can trade is the amount Sneak Attack dice you have gained from class levels.
For example: A 5th level rogue has 3d6 SA dice, and attacks with a dagger, they decide to sacrifice 2d6 SA dice to improve the daggers critical multiplier by 1.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, skirt length is fine.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Hopefully a little of everything, if I do it right.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Any 3.5 WoTC and only WoTC, no brew whatsoever, so please do not ask.
Dragon compendium is fine
Dragonlance is not
Dragon magazine is not
3.0 is not

BelGareth
2023-07-31, 10:22 AM
Character is starting to form, your blurb inspired me, and I have gone the way of a selfish Monk, LE: Monk 5/Dragon Descendant 10/Shiba Protector 1/Ur-Priest 5 focused on taking power rather than asking for it, or waiting as he see's some other ascetics.

EDIT:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2820183

Deadguy
2023-08-01, 04:52 PM
Is your character complete then? If so, I'll start working on an opening IC asap.

BelGareth
2023-08-01, 05:15 PM
Close, mechanically mostly done