PDA

View Full Version : Ray of Foolishness

nargbop
2007-12-07, 12:45 PM
I'm DMing a ninja campaign this spring. Is there an "official" spell that reduces Wisdom like Ray of Stupidity reduces Intelligence or Ray of Clumsiness reduces Dex?

I've made up a bunch of house rules already and would prefer not to introduce any more - D&D has enough rules to keep track of anyway.

cupkeyk
2007-12-07, 12:49 PM
There is a fifth level bard spell that deals 1d10 ability damage of the bard's choice per level of concentration but never to the same ability score within six rounds. Its in MIC. There is also a few mist and fog type effects. And well, feeblemind.

AmberVael
2007-12-07, 12:55 PM
Spells that do wisdom damage...

Touch of Idiocy (2nd level, 1d6 penalty, touch attack)
Phantasmal Assailants (Complete Arcane, 2nd level, 4 damage, save based ranged target)
Bestow Curse (3rd level, -6 penalty, save based touch attack)
Greater Bestow Curse (Spell Compendium, 8th level, drops to 1, save based touch attack)

^: Feeblemind reduces Intelligence and Charisma only.

cupkeyk
2007-12-07, 12:57 PM
Spells that do wisdom damage...

Touch of Idiocy (2nd level, 1d6 damage, touch attack)
Phantasmal Assailants (Complete Arcane, 2nd level, 4 damage, save based ranged target)
Bestow Curse (3rd level, -6 penalty, save based touch attack)
Greater Bestow Curse (Spell Compendium, 8th level, drops to 1, save based touch attack)

^: Feeblemind reduces Intelligence and Charisma only.

But Touch of Idiocy is a penalty, not damage.

Xefas
2007-12-07, 12:58 PM
Try a Summon Undead (4 or 5?) spell to get an Allip. 1d4 wisdom damage every round.

I've lost so many otherwise incredible monsters to this fiend. :smallfrown:

AmberVael
2007-12-07, 12:59 PM
My bad. Still, he wanted spells that reduced Wisdom, so it still counts.

Kaelik
2007-12-07, 01:02 PM
I'm DMing a ninja campaign this spring. Is there an "official" spell that reduces Wisdom like Ray of Stupidity reduces Intelligence or Ray of Clumsiness reduces Dex?

I've made up a bunch of house rules already and would prefer not to introduce any more - D&D has enough rules to keep track of anyway.

Well you could use touch of idiocy. But I don't think there's a ranged one. Use Spectral Hand if you need to.

RTGoodman
2007-12-07, 01:26 PM
Well you could use touch of idiocy. But I don't think there's a ranged one. Use Spectral Hand if you need to.

Or even just use the metamagic Reach Spell. Though, I think it's pretty expensive (+2 spell level, maybe?).

Telonius
2007-12-07, 01:37 PM
Found one for Temporary Wisdom Damage, from Faerun: Mind Poison (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040317a).