Charisma

28 (+9)
28 (+9)
26 (+8)
24 (+7)
26 (+8)
28 (+9)

Saving Throws
Skills Athletics +21, Stealth +21, Arcana +13, History +19, Nature +13, Religion +13, Insight +14, Medicine +14, Perception +14, Intimidation +15, Persuasion +15
Damage Resistances Necrotic, Psychic, Radiant
Damage Immunities Non-magical weapon damage
Condition Immunities Charmed, Frightened
Senses Blindsight 60', Darkvision ∞', Truesight 10', Passive Perception 24
Languages A Lot
Challenge Really High
Shadowstepper
Even without his Dimensional Cape, Meta Knight can slip through shadows. When moving, he may use 5' of movement to move from one shadow to another within 60'.

Avoidance
If Meta Knight is subjected to an effect that allows a save for half damage, he instead takes no damage on a passed save and half damage on a failed save.

Legendary Resistance (3/Long Rest)
If Meta Knight would fail a save, he may choose to pass instead.

Magic Resistance
Meta Knight has advantage on saves against magical effects and spells.

Magical Weapons
All Meta Knights attacks count as magic for overcoming resistance and immunity.

Unyielding (1/Rest)
The first time Meta Knight would be slain, he is instead not. If damage reduced him to 0 HP, he is instead reduced to 1 HP. If non-HP damage sources would kill him, the ability simply does not affect Meta Knight.

Actions
Galaxia Melee Weapon Attack
+18 to-hit, reach 10', one target. Hit: 1d8+12 slashing damage, 2d8 radiant damage, and the target must make a DC 17 Constitution save or become blinded. They may repeat the save at the end of each of their turns to shake off the effect.

Knightly Challenge
Meta Knight singles out a foe for a duel. One creature within 120' that Meta Knight can see must make a DC 23 Wisdom save. On a failure, they must on their next turn attempt to attack Meta Knight (though the exact method of attack is up to them) and cannot flee further than 120' away from Meta Knight. They may repeat the save at the end of each of their turns, ending the effect on a success. The challenged creature may also simply surrender-though if they choose to re-engage in the same fight, they suffer disadvantage on all d20 rolls and Meta Knight gains advantage on all d20 rolls made against them for the duration of the fight. Meta Knight may only challenge up to one foe at a time.

Dimensional Warp
Using his Dimensional Cape, Meta Knight may either teleport up to 120', or attempt to teleport an unwilling target. If he targets a foe, they must be within 5'. They make a DC 23 Dexterity save, being teleported to anywhere within 120' that is free of obstructions and capable of supporting them (for a flying creature, air is considered sufficient to support them).

Extra Attack IV
Meta Knight makes up to five attacks with Galaxia. Any attack may be replaced by another attack actions (such as a Shove or escaping a Grapple). He may use Knightly Challenge once and Dimensional Warp twice during this turn.

Bonus Actions
Stance
Meta Knight takes a stance until the start of his next turn-Aggressive, Defensive, or Mobile.
If he is Aggressive, he may immediately move up to his speed towards an enemy, as well as treating any successful hit as a critical hit.
If he is Defensive, he may immediately use the Dodge action, and may replace an attack with the Disengage action.
If he is Mobile, he doubles his speed and may immediately Disengage. Any attacks made against him on this turn suffer disadvantage.

Reactions
Flurry Of Parries
Meta Knight, in response to being targeted for an attack or ability, gains +6 to his AC and all saves for the turn.

Reflect
In response to being targeted for an attack or ability, Meta Knight may attempt to reflect it. For an attack roll, Meta Knight rolls an attack roll. For a spell or other ability, Meta Knight rolls an ability check using the same ability score as the wielder of the ability as opposed by the same roll from the aggressor. If Meta Knight rolls higher than his opponent, the attack is reflected and the opponent suffers the full effects of it. If the results are tied, the ability is negated. If Meta Knight rolls less, the attack proceeds as normal.

Legendary Actions
Meta Knight can take three legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Meta Knight regains spent legendary actions at the start of their turn.

Attack. Meta Knight makes an attack action.
Regain Reaction. Meta Knight regains his reaction.
Warp (Two Actions). Meta Knight uses Dimensional Warp.

Dimensional Cape
Wondrous Item (Cape), Requires Attunement
This majestic cape allows the wearer to add their Intelligence Modifier to their AC, provided they have proficiency in Heavy Armor. It also allows the bearer to teleport 120' as an action.
Meta Knight's mastery of the cape allows him to do considerably more, but he's had dozens of millennia of practice.

Galaxia
Weapon (Longsword), Requires Attunement
This spikey golden sword adds +3 to hit and damage rolls made with it, as well as adding 2d8 radiant damage and a save versus Blindness on every hit. These are already accounted for in Meta Knight's statblock.

A Really Cool Mask
Wondrous Item (Mask)
This mask looks hella cool.

Eurus
2023-08-07, 07:43 AM
He looks as annoying to fight as I'd expect, good job. :smallamused:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is Mobility stance just better than Defensive?

EDIT: Oh, no, I think I did misread. Any attacks made against him until the end of his turn get disadvantage?

JNAProductions
2023-08-07, 11:25 AM
He looks as annoying to fight as I'd expect, good job. :smallamused:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is Mobility stance just better than Defensive?

EDIT: Oh, no, I think I did misread. Any attacks made against him until the end of his turn get disadvantage?

Correct. So if you somehow get an AoO despite the Disengage, it's made with disadvantage. But once his turn is over, that effect is done with.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-08-08, 08:52 AM
You may want to add that when Unyielding triggers, Meta Knight's mask is broken in two, which reduces his AC by a few points but increases his mobility (100ft movement speed?) to represent the fact that he can flee extremely fast. Meta Knight resummons his mask after a long rest. Also, having some AoE legendary actions (tornado? Flurry of rocks?) would also be good and fit the character.

Yakk
2023-08-08, 02:32 PM
Base CR: (AC-10)/4 + STATBONUS/4 + HP/32 + DPR/12 - 1

(26-10)/4 + (9)/4 + (575)/32 + DPR/12-1

What is DPR?
If we assume aggressive stance:

39 * 5 is the standard action attack.

Reflect is worth 1.5 CR; redirect probably worth more (so, call it 30 DPR? as a ballpark)

Legendary actions are worth 39 DPR each x3.

Anti-death thing is worth what, 50 HP.
MR is worth about 4 AC
3 LR is worth... call it 15% HP each.
avoidance ... maybe 10% HP?
immunities/challenge/mobility is fluff (important fluff, but not CR material)

(4+26-10)/4 + (9)/4 + (625*1.55)/32 + (39*8+30)/12-1

Total base CR is 65.

Now, the standard CR graph has an inflection point at 20 - CR past that is 3x bigger.

65-20 = 45
45/3 = 15
15+20 = 35

Conclusion: CR 35.

(I probably got the LR/death ward/avoidance wrong, but I think my numbers aren't that insane.)