PDA

View Full Version : Feats help

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-07, 09:30 PM
Ok, I made a Gish character. It's an Elf Wizard 5/ Knight Phantom 10.
I don't know what feats to take. I am using the bonus wizard feat at 5th level to get still spell to qualify for the prestiege class, but besides that, i have 6 feats to use.

Suzuro
2007-12-07, 09:43 PM
That really depends on how you want to play them, do you want to use buff ups, or what?

-Suzuro

RTGoodman
2007-12-07, 09:56 PM
Well, the Batman Wizard is the usual thing that people suggest. You can find it here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19085).

Also, you should check your build - you can't meet he prerequisites for Knight Phantom with a straight Wizard 5. You need some way to get proficiency with all martial weapons. The only way to do that is to dip a level in a class that has the proficiency.

SadisticFishing
2007-12-07, 10:01 PM
Actually, you can take the feat Otherworldly to become an Outsider, hence getting proficiency with all martial weapons.

Anyone know what book the feat is from? :P

ocato
2007-12-07, 10:06 PM
Knight Phantoms are that mounted combat gish prc right? So, mounted combat, ride by attack, spirited charge, power attack, etc are going to be a good idea.

FinalJustice
2007-12-07, 10:13 PM
If you are relying on buffs, which is very probable, Extend Spell seems a good option.

RTGoodman
2007-12-07, 10:51 PM
Actually, you can take the feat Otherworldly to become an Outsider, hence getting proficiency with all martial weapons.

Anyone know what book the feat is from? :P

It's from Player's Guide to Faerun, but it's also 1st level only and requires you to be a Deep Imaskari, spiritfolk, or elf.

EDIT: Of course, I just realized the character here is an elf, so that's definitely your best bet if your DM will allow you to take the feat (since it's FR and region-specific).