PDA

View Full Version : 5e-Fire Domain-PEACH

RustyDemiGod
2023-08-19, 01:41 AM
Fire Domain

For as long as mortals can remember fire has provided warmth, light, and protection from those things that dwell in the dark places. Clerics of the Flame understand the necessity of fire to survival. When they are not bringing light to the fearful, they are bringing purging flame to the wicked.

Fire Domain Spells

Cleric Level

Spells

1st

Burning Hands, Hellish Rebuke

3rd

Heat Metal, Scorching Ray

5th

Fireball, Ashardalon’s Stride

7th

Fire Shield, Wall of Fire

9th

Flame Strike, Immolation

-Fire In The Blood: Starting at first level, you gain the Control Flames and FireBolt cantrips. For you these cantrips count as Cleric cantrips, and do not count against the number of Cleric cantrips that you know.

-Forged in Faith: Also at first level, you gain resistance to Fire damage.

-Channel Divinity, Turn or Command Elementals: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to cause Elementals to flee. As an action, you present your holy symbol, and each elemental within 30ft of you that can hear you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, elementals other than fire elementals, are turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage. If the Elemental is fire based they are forced to serve you for 1 minute. On each of your turns you can issue orders to a commanded Fire Elemental as a bonus action.

A turned elemental must spend it’s turn trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can not willingly move into a space within 30ft of you. It also can not take reactiocns. For it’s action, it can only use the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

If the elementals true form is concealed by an illusion, shape shifting, or other effect, that form is revealed while it is turned.

-Blue Flame: Starting at 6th level, your fire burns exceedingly hot, and may turn blue from the intense heat. Your abilities and spells ignore Fire Resistance.

-Blessed Burning: When you reach 8th level, you are blessed with divine might in battle. When a creature takes damage from one of your Cantrips or weapon attacks, you can also deal 1d8 Fire damage to that creature. Once you deal this damage, you can’t use this feature again until the start of your next turn.

-Primordial Mastery: Starting at 17th level, you gain immunity to Fire damage and resistance to Cold damage.
Additionally, whenever you are targeted by an effect, spell, or any other attack that deals Fire damage, you can use your reaction redirect that damage to a different target. A target of your choice, within 30ft of you, must make a Dexterity saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failure they take Fire damage equal to the redirected attack’s damage, or half as much on a success.

RustyDemiGod
2023-08-24, 10:44 AM
-Added Fire resistance at level 1.

-Edited Channel Divinity to include commanding Fire Elementals temporarily.

-17th level capstone ability replaced with Primordial Mastery feature.

Long story short it seemed odd to not offer some kind of fire resistance, I wanted to beef up an admittedly weak CD, and I wanted to salvage the idea of Fire redirection for my capstone. Thoughts?

JNAProductions
2023-08-24, 11:47 AM
Primordial Mastery should specify that only the Fire Damage is redirected.
Meteor Swarm, for example, does Fire and Bludgeoning.

RustyDemiGod
2023-08-24, 01:19 PM
Good point! Always helpful Jna! How did the rest look?

JNAProductions
2023-08-24, 01:21 PM
Pretty standard. About what you'd expect from a Fire Domain.
But it definitely meets the criteria of "I'd allow it to see play in my game," so that's a good.